|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: Land of Hope and Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
2. Life at which of the following foreign posts is considered not too bad?
(a) Elephant Island
3. What career did Churchill have?
(a) Newspaper reporter
4. What was the banking center of the world in the late 1800s?
(a) New York
5. In WWI, Churchill believes that the continental armies cannot overcome what?
(a) American forces
(b) British Navy
(c) The Alps
(d) Fighter pilots
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
2. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
3. Winston's mother is named which of the following?
4. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
5. Women in the late 1800s in London have a hard time obtaining what?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)