|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: Land of Hope and Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many warships does the British Navy have in the late 1800s?
2. Churchill is driven out of office over his plans for what?
3. Attacks on the British occur in which of the following possessions?
4. Who is against a negotiated settlement?
5. What was the banking center of the world in the late 1800s?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
2. Churchill likes to read books from what authors?
3. The book begins with the British Army retreating to which town?
4. How many stages does Churchill's public life have?
5. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)