|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Cataract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
(a) South America
2. What does Winston do to earn extra money?
(a) Leads safaris out of Cape Town
(b) Acts as a travel guide in Scotland
(c) Tutors the children of the Duke of Danube
(d) Writes articles for the Daily Graphic
3. The British War Office believes that which country will become the battleground of the war?
4. Winston wants ___________ to return to active duty.
(a) Sir Portman
(b) Sir Abbey
(c) Lord Chesterfield
(d) Lord Fisher
5. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
(a) Social outcasts
(c) Unpaid servants
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jennie send to Winston for the journey?
2. Canada is acquired by whom?
3. Serving at certain posts in the possessions is often based on what?
4. What happens to Winston as he is traveling with a British truck in South Africa?
5. How does Winston feel about the office Asquith offers and being cut off from the war?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)