|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Cataract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans do in violation of international law?
(a) Refuse to fight the British in Antwerp
(b) Close the English Channel
(c) Barricade the Baltic Sea
(d) Invade Greenland
2. What is the largest metropolitan area in the late 1800s?
(d) New York
3. Most people in the upper class in the late 1800s prefer which of their homes?
(a) Suburban homes
(b) Country homes
(c) City homes
(d) Vacation homes
4. What percentage of the world's merchant ships fly the British flag?
5. What do many Britons suffer from in the possessions?
(a) Health problems
(b) Financial difficulties
Short Answer Questions
1. The Belgian king retreats to which city as the Germans push into Belgium?
2. Who does the Royal Commission blame for the Dardanelles?
3. In the battle near Omdurman, what does Winston use as a weapon?
4. Daughters who do not marry in the late 1800s become almost what?
5. In order to secure their Indian Empire, the British have to control the southern part of what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)