Preamble: The Lion at Bay
• The British Army retreats to Dunkirk.
• The Army is under threat from Germany, but they have the advantage of their leader, Winston Churchill.
• Churchill is against a negotiated settlement.
• Churchill tells the nation to prepare for a long war.
• He tells the country that they will fight and defend their country.
• The headquarters of the Prime Minister are in a bunker called the Cabinet War Rooms, or CWR.
• Churchill often runs out after the raids to see what damage has been done.
• Churchill has a strong preference for the past.
• He follows tradition, such as not attending Parliament, and he uses the old names for cities and countries.
• Churchill is not fond of many modern technologies and items, including airplanes.
• Churchill's public life was a series of ups and downs.
• He thinks of himself as an underdog throughout his life and always sides...
This section contains 1,396 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)