Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
3. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
4. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
5. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Moberg's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Fear takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of man's inhumanity to man will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of man's inhumanity to man throughout the book.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)