|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men evacuate the women for safety from the Indians?
2. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
3. Where do the Sioux Indians kill Sven and Danjel?
4. At the wedding, Jonas Petter tells a story about what?
5. What intermittent noise is heard in Karl and Kristina's house as he watches over her?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Kristina. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her daily life like? What motivates her during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
How does Moberg use the literary technique of local color in "The Last Letter Home"? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Swedish establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)