|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristina suffering through at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
2. Kristina's dream transitions from a pleasant situation to one in which she ________________________.
3. What tone does Karl take in his prayer with God after his injury?
4. What does Kristina do when she is comatose?
5. At the wedding, Jonas Petter tells a story about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs to exaggerate Karl's anxiety while Kristina is ill?
2. How does Ulrika reveal to Karl that she donated the bridal crown to the village church?
3. What food does Karl give to Kristina and how does Karl know that Kristina is dead?
4. What is confirmed about Kristina's illness when she has abdominal pain and bleeding again?
5. Which of Karl and Kristina's relatives are killed in the first Indian attack, and who is the only one to survive?
6. How does Karl embarrass his sons sometimes when he speaks now that he is older?
7. Why does Karl decide to send wheat back to Sweden and why does he send his best crop?
8. How does the Indian cliff take on a more threatening presence as the Indian attacks increase?
9. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
10. Why does Karl not evacuate to town when the other settlers are doing so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ulrika. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her life like? What motivates her during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Kristina. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her daily life like? What motivates her during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)