|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men evacuate the women for safety from the Indians?
2. What do the Sioux Indians take from Sven's farm after the massacre?
3. Ulrika shows Karl an article about an immigrant from Ljuder who has presented a/an _________________ to the village church.
4. Which woman has been recently widowed?
5. How many children does Ulrika have?
Essay Topic 1
Moberg uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see the world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe America using only your recall of Moberg's descriptions. How do you visualize rural life in 1860-1890 Minnesota now that you have read Moberg's "The Last Letter Home"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Moberg's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in "The Last Letter Home".
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)