Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
3. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
4. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
5. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Create a brief character study of Ulrika. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her life like? What motivates her during his lifetime?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)