Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
3. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
4. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
5. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two major settings for the novel. Why does Moberg use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)