Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
3. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
4. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
5. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Moberg's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in "The Last Letter Home".
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Karl Oskar. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of life does he live? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Moberg's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)