|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
(a) A smokehouse.
(b) A new home.
(c) A barn.
(d) A workshop.
2. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
3. What language does Karl speak most of the time now?
4. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
5. How many children does Ulrika have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulrika secretly wonder about Karl when she sees him?
2. Which one of Karl's daughters wants to marry Klas?
3. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
4. What name had Karl given to his farm originally?
5. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Karl decide to send wheat back to Sweden and why does he send his best crop?
2. What injury does Karl sustain that will plague him for the rest of his life?
3. What things does Karl tell Lydia in last letter to her?
4. Why is Ulrika upset at her son's choice of occupation?
5. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy, and what benefit does it bring to Karl's family?
6. What is the state of Kristina's health after three days and how does she behave that frightens Karl?
7. What occurs to exaggerate Karl's anxiety while Kristina is ill?
8. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
9. How does Ulrika reveal to Karl that she donated the bridal crown to the village church?
10. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)