|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Sioux Indians kill Sven and Danjel?
(a) In their beds.
(b) On the road.
(c) In the field.
(d) By the creek.
2. How many white settlers are left homeless from the Sioux Indian war?
3. Which woman has been recently widowed?
4. What has Karl never regretted in his life?
(a) Emigrating from Sweden.
(b) Serving in the army.
(c) Marrying Ulrika.
(d) Leaving college.
5. In what month is Karl's oak stand cleared?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
2. How many children does Ulrika have?
3. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
4. Ulrika is angry at her son who has chosen to be _____________________ instead of a minister.
5. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
Short Essay Questions
1. What food does Karl give to Kristina and how does Karl know that Kristina is dead?
2. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy, and what benefit does it bring to Karl's family?
3. How does the Indian cliff take on a more threatening presence as the Indian attacks increase?
4. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
5. How does the changing Indian cliff serve as a metaphor for the sorrows of the Sioux Indians?
6. Which of Karl and Kristina's relatives are killed in the first Indian attack, and who is the only one to survive?
7. Who is William J. Sturgis, and what heroic act did he perform in the duty of warning settlers about the Indian attacks?
8. What things does Karl tell Lydia in last letter to her?
9. How does Ulrika reveal to Karl that she donated the bridal crown to the village church?
10. Why do the Sioux Indians initiate war against the white settlers?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)