|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl's home parish is suffering its worst crop failure in __________________.
(a) thirty-five years.
(b) fifty years.
(c) over 100 years.
(d) ten years.
2. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
(a) Close their eyes.
3. What is the name of the homestead act which encouraged Swedish people to immigrate to Minnesota?
(a) Lincoln's Homestead Act.
(b) Scandinavian Homestead Act.
(c) Swedish Homestead Act.
(d) Johnson's Homestead Act.
4. What seems to serve as a symbol of the Sioux's uprising in the La Croix Valley?
(a) The black clouds.
(b) The Rocky Mountains.
(c) The La Croix River.
(d) The Indian cliff.
5. Which one of Karl's daughters wants to marry Klas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Klas Albert?
2. What food does Sven prepare to give to the Sioux who come to his farm?
3. What causes a great influx of Swedish immigrants to Lake Chisago?
4. Ulrika shows Karl an article about an immigrant from Ljuder who has presented a/an _________________ to the village church.
5. What is Whitsuntide?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)