|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
2. How much did the item in #153 cost?
3. What language does Karl speak most of the time now?
4. What is Kristina suffering through at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Another miscarriage.
5. What is Whitsuntide?
(a) An author.
(b) A cleaning solution.
(c) A geology tool.
(d) A religious holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karl's last name?
2. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
3. Who is the U.S. President who grants a reprieve to 265 of the Sioux Indians sentenced to death?
4. What name had Karl given to his farm originally?
5. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy, and what benefit does it bring to Karl's family?
2. What occurs to exaggerate Karl's anxiety while Kristina is ill?
3. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
4. What food does Karl give to Kristina and how does Karl know that Kristina is dead?
5. Which of Karl and Kristina's relatives are killed in the first Indian attack, and who is the only one to survive?
6. Who is William J. Sturgis, and what heroic act did he perform in the duty of warning settlers about the Indian attacks?
7. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
8. Why do the Sioux Indians initiate war against the white settlers?
9. Why does Karl not evacuate to town when the other settlers are doing so?
10. What is the toll on the settlers during the Sioux Indian war?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)