|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Karl think that his farm will finally be completed?
(b) When the irrigation system is installed.
(c) When the oak grove is cleared.
(d) When he buys the adjoining farm.
2. The gold promised to the Sioux Indians in 1861 finally arrives at _______________ in August of 1862.
(a) Fort Hopewell.
(b) Fort Ridgely.
(c) Fort Recovery.
(d) Fort Dalton.
3. How much did the item in #153 cost?
4. What makes Karl forget about the Sioux Indian scare for periods of time?
(a) Sleeping due to illness.
(b) Delirium due to heat stroke.
(c) Keeping watch over Kristina.
(d) Working in his fields.
5. What is the plight of the Sioux Indians when the government does not pay them?
(a) They suffer famine.
(b) They suffer smallpox.
(c) They suffer mental illness.
(d) They suffer heatstroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the possible reason that Karl and Kristina are not attacked by the Sioux Indians?
2. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
3. Who is the only person at Sven's house to escape being killed by the Sioux?
4. What seems to bother Karl as he watches over Kristina?
5. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ulrika reveal to Karl that she donated the bridal crown to the village church?
2. How does the changing Indian cliff serve as a metaphor for the sorrows of the Sioux Indians?
3. Which of Karl and Kristina's relatives are killed in the first Indian attack, and who is the only one to survive?
4. What is the toll on the settlers during the Sioux Indian war?
5. What things does Karl tell Lydia in last letter to her?
6. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
7. What is the state of Kristina's health after three days and how does she behave that frightens Karl?
8. How does Karl behave in the years after Kristina's death?
9. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
10. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)