|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
(a) A barn.
(b) A new home.
(c) A workshop.
(d) A smokehouse.
2. How many children does Ulrika have?
3. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy for the house?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) An apple corer.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A kerosene lamp.
4. What is Whitsuntide?
(a) A religious holiday.
(b) A geology tool.
(c) A cleaning solution.
(d) An author.
5. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
(d) Close their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristina's dream transitions from a pleasant situation to one in which she ________________________.
2. Who pays for the freight and deliver of the food Karl ships back home?
3. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
4. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
5. Ulrika shows Karl an article about an immigrant from Ljuder who has presented a/an _________________ to the village church.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
2. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
3. Who is William J. Sturgis, and what heroic act did he perform in the duty of warning settlers about the Indian attacks?
4. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
5. Why do the Sioux Indians initiate war against the white settlers?
6. What is confirmed about Kristina's illness when she has abdominal pain and bleeding again?
7. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
8. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy, and what benefit does it bring to Karl's family?
9. What occurs to exaggerate Karl's anxiety while Kristina is ill?
10. What injury does Karl sustain that will plague him for the rest of his life?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)