|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take for Kristina's delirium to break?
2. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
(a) A new home.
(b) A workshop.
(c) A barn.
(d) A smokehouse.
3. In what town were the condemned Sioux Indians hanged in 1862?
4. What is the name of the battle where U.S. soldiers fight the Sioux Indians on August 18, 1862?
(a) Battle of Orion Springs.
(b) Battle of Hopewell.
(c) Battle of Redwood.
(d) Battle of Great Oak.
5. What makes Karl forget about the Sioux Indian scare for periods of time?
(a) Sleeping due to illness.
(b) Delirium due to heat stroke.
(c) Working in his fields.
(d) Keeping watch over Kristina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Klas Albert?
2. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
3. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
4. What intermittent noise is heard in Karl and Kristina's house as he watches over her?
5. What does Ulrika secretly wonder about Karl when she sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Sioux Indians initiate war against the white settlers?
2. How many Sioux Indians did President Lincoln pardon, and how did the remaining 38 behave on the way to the gallows?
3. Why is Ulrika upset at her son's choice of occupation?
4. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy, and what benefit does it bring to Karl's family?
5. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
6. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
7. What is the toll on the settlers during the Sioux Indian war?
8. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
9. What is confirmed about Kristina's illness when she has abdominal pain and bleeding again?
10. What does Karl learn about why Klas Albert had paid for the wheat shipment back to Sweden?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)