|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl get from Klas Albert in exchange for his daughter?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) A kerosene lamp.
(c) A map.
(d) A harness.
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
(a) A load of soybeans.
(b) A load of corn.
(c) A load of peanuts.
(d) A load of wheat.
3. What is the greatest number of settlers killed by the Sioux in one day?
4. What food does Sven prepare to give to the Sioux who come to his farm?
5. Who notifies Karl about the Indian uprising?
(a) Peter Oleson.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Petrus Olausson.
(d) Nils Svensson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the item in #153 cost?
2. How many days does it take for Kristina's delirium to break?
3. In what month is Karl's oak stand cleared?
4. Why do the Sioux Indians begin killing white settlers?
5. What seems to bother Karl as he watches over Kristina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kristina's state of mind during her illness and why does Karl not tell her about the ringing church bells?
2. What injury does Karl sustain that will plague him for the rest of his life?
3. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
4. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
5. Who is William J. Sturgis, and what heroic act did he perform in the duty of warning settlers about the Indian attacks?
6. How does Ulrika reveal to Karl that she donated the bridal crown to the village church?
7. What is the toll on the settlers during the Sioux Indian war?
8. What is the state of Kristina's health after three days and how does she behave that frightens Karl?
9. How many Sioux Indians did President Lincoln pardon, and how did the remaining 38 behave on the way to the gallows?
10. What does Karl feel about Marta's marrying Klas Albert, and what does Karl ask for in exchange for Marta?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)