|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
(a) A new home.
(b) A barn.
(c) A workshop.
(d) A smokehouse.
2. Which woman has been recently widowed?
3. If Kristina had not miscarried, this child would have been her ______________ one.
4. How much did the item in #153 cost?
5. How many children does Ulrika have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Skalrud?
2. What seems to bother Karl as he watches over Kristina?
3. How much money does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
4. Who pays for the freight and deliver of the food Karl ships back home?
5. What is Whitsuntide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of Karl and Kristina's relatives are killed in the first Indian attack, and who is the only one to survive?
2. What is confirmed about Kristina's illness when she has abdominal pain and bleeding again?
3. What things does Karl tell Lydia in last letter to her?
4. What does Karl feel about Marta's marrying Klas Albert, and what does Karl ask for in exchange for Marta?
5. How does Karl embarrass his sons sometimes when he speaks now that he is older?
6. What is Kristina's state of mind during her illness and why does Karl not tell her about the ringing church bells?
7. What injury does Karl sustain that will plague him for the rest of his life?
8. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy, and what benefit does it bring to Karl's family?
9. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
10. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)