Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Karl's son's works for the railroad?
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
(a) A load of corn.
(b) A load of wheat.
(c) A load of peanuts.
(d) A load of soybeans.
3. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
(a) The children are hungry.
(b) Karl has not been sleeping.
(c) The house is a mess.
(d) It is raining in a window.
4. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
(a) Some men have religious objections to it.
(b) Some men take their families and move away.
(c) Many men want to protect their own farms.
(d) Many men are off fighting in the Civil War.
5. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tone does Karl take in his prayer with God after his injury?
2. Who is Klas Albert?
3. What is the name of the battle where U.S. soldiers fight the Sioux Indians on August 18, 1862?
4. When does Karl think that his farm will finally be completed?
5. What is the name of the homestead act which encouraged Swedish people to immigrate to Minnesota?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)