|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kristina suffering through at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(c) Another miscarriage.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
2. Where do the Sioux Indians kill Sven and Danjel?
(a) In the field.
(b) On the road.
(c) By the creek.
(d) In their beds.
3. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
4. What food does Sven prepare to give to the Sioux who come to his farm?
5. Kristina tells Karl that she dreamed she was in ___________________.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notifies Karl about the Indian uprising?
2. The gold promised to the Sioux Indians in 1861 finally arrives at _______________ in August of 1862.
3. Which woman has been recently widowed?
4. What do the rich steal during the famine causing many poor children to die?
5. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
2. Why does Karl not evacuate to town when the other settlers are doing so?
3. Why do the Sioux Indians initiate war against the white settlers?
4. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
5. What is confirmed about Kristina's illness when she has abdominal pain and bleeding again?
6. What is the state of Kristina's health after three days and how does she behave that frightens Karl?
7. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
8. How does Karl behave in the years after Kristina's death?
9. How does Karl embarrass his sons sometimes when he speaks now that he is older?
10. What is the toll on the settlers during the Sioux Indian war?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)