|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Karl's sons works for a timber company?
2. Karl's home parish is suffering its worst crop failure in __________________.
(a) ten years.
(b) over 100 years.
(c) thirty-five years.
(d) fifty years.
3. Who is Karl angry with regarding Kristina's death?
(b) The midwife.
(c) The doctor.
4. What has Karl never regretted in his life?
(a) Marrying Ulrika.
(b) Serving in the army.
(c) Leaving college.
(d) Emigrating from Sweden.
5. Kristina's dream transitions from a pleasant situation to one in which she ________________________.
(a) falls into an abyss.
(b) cannot find her children.
(c) is covered in hot tar.
(d) is tossed into the sea from a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Karl forget about the Sioux Indian scare for periods of time?
2. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
3. How many Sioux Indians are sentenced to death for their part in the war between the Sioux and the white settlers?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic included in the letter Karl sends to his sister?
5. Who is the only person at Sven's house to escape being killed by the Sioux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
2. How does Ulrika reveal to Karl that she donated the bridal crown to the village church?
3. What is the toll on the settlers during the Sioux Indian war?
4. How does Karl embarrass his sons sometimes when he speaks now that he is older?
5. What does Karl learn about why Klas Albert had paid for the wheat shipment back to Sweden?
6. What injury does Karl sustain that will plague him for the rest of his life?
7. What occurs to exaggerate Karl's anxiety while Kristina is ill?
8. What is Karl's perspective on God since he has sustained his injury?
9. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
10. What food does Karl give to Kristina and how does Karl know that Kristina is dead?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)