Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina is pregnant with her ______________ child.
2. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
3. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
4. The First Commandment for Emigrants offers the rule to never regret one's emigration and to ___________________.
(a) support it financially.
(b) love America.
(c) write letters to family members.
(d) return once every five years.
5. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristina looking for at the beginning of Chapter XI?
2. Kristina has been ill since ____________________.
3. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
4. In what month will the apples be ripe?
5. Fredrick Nilsson is exiled from Sweden for preaching _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
2. What is the major point of contention in the religious beliefs among the Swedish Lutheran settlers and Swedish revivalist, Frederick Nilsson?
3. How does Karl embarrass his sons sometimes when he speaks now that he is older?
4. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
5. How does the Indian cliff take on a more threatening presence as the Indian attacks increase?
6. What is the author foreshadowing by writing about Karl's dreams of tilling his oak stand and the mention of the church bells?
7. Why is Ulrika upset at her son's choice of occupation?
8. What does Karl learn about why Klas Albert had paid for the wheat shipment back to Sweden?
9. What is Manda Svensson's moral dilemma regarding the baptism of her son and what advice does Kristina give her?
10. What is the reason that so many people emigrate to Lake Chisago from Sweden
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)