|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to warn Sven to not move to Meeker County?
2. How does Karl feel when he hears the details of how long Kristina has been ill?
3. Which Indian tribe is rumored to be near the place where newlywed Sven has his claim?
4. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. What does Karl dream of tilling on his claim?
(a) The orchard.
(b) The meadow.
(c) The pine tree stand.
(d) The oak stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Karl receive a letter?
2. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
3. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
4. What type of apple tree has finally born fruit for Kristina?
5. What is Kristina looking for at the beginning of Chapter XI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
2. What is the state of Kristina's health after three days and how does she behave that frightens Karl?
3. Who sends the "Last Letter Home" and what is the content?
4. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
5. What food does Karl give to Kristina and how does Karl know that Kristina is dead?
6. What is the major point of contention in the religious beliefs among the Swedish Lutheran settlers and Swedish revivalist, Frederick Nilsson?
7. How does the Indian cliff take on a more threatening presence as the Indian attacks increase?
8. What does Karl think about the coffins he has built in his life as he builds Kristina's coffin?
9. What is the argument Karl and Nojd have regarding who really owns Karl's land?
10. What decision does Kristina make for herself regarding which religion to follow and how does she show independence in her relationship with God?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)