|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl has tilled the last of the _________________ on his claim.
2. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
3. When Karl tells Kristina that he wants to go to war, what does she ask him to wait for?
(b) The birth of the baby.
(c) Their wedding anniversary.
(d) The harvest.
4. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
5. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Karl have?
2. From whom does Karl receive a letter?
3. Why does Kristina decide to be intimate with Karl again?
4. About what issue does Manda Svensson come to see Kristina?
5. How old is Manda's little son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
2. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
3. What is the symbolism of the Astrakhan apple tree for Kristina?
4. What is Dr. Farnley's warning for Kristina which Ulrika tells Karl because Kristina is too shy to talk about it?
5. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
6. Why does Kristina compare going to the doctor to immigrating?
7. What is the premise of "The Last Letter Home"?
8. How does Kristina feel about the doctor's warnings to her and what stance does Karl take on the subject?
9. What does the Indian cliff symbolize in the story?
10. What is the author foreshadowing by writing about Karl's dreams of tilling his oak stand and the mention of the church bells?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)