|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
2. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
3. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
4. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
5. How old are Karl and Kristina?
(a) In their fifties.
(b) In their twenties.
(c) In their thirties.
(d) In their forties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
2. What nationality is the family whose story is told in "The Last Letter Home"?
3. For what does Kristina pray?
4. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
5. When Karl tells Kristina that he wants to go to war, what does she ask him to wait for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the Astrakhan apple tree for Kristina?
2. What decision does Kristina make for herself regarding which religion to follow and how does she show independence in her relationship with God?
3. What topic does Ulrika bring up to Karl one day which embarrasses him?
4. How do Karl and Kristina differ in their views of what her new pregnancy means?
5. What is Manda Svensson's moral dilemma regarding the baptism of her son and what advice does Kristina give her?
6. How is Karl conflicted between his civic duty and his wife's pleas regarding his decision to enlist for war?
7. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
8. How do Karl and Kristina differ in their views when Karl is rejected by the army?
9. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
10. What are the circumstances in which Karl and Kristina become intimate again?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)