|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kristina prays that night she asks God to _________________________.
(a) help her teach religion to her children.
(b) let her return to Sweden.
(c) reassure Karl about her pregnancy.
(d) heal Karl's leg.
2. The hunters and warriors of the Sioux tribe paint ___________________ on their tomahawks to signal sure death to the enemy.
(a) red moons.
(b) blue arrows.
(c) black stars.
(d) white feathers.
3. What season is it when Part 1, Chapter IV begins?
4. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
5. Who is Karl Oskar's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Kristina's health at this point?
2. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
3. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
4. What is the main reason Kristina doesn't want Karl to go to war?
5. Who is Johannes Stenius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Kristina's praying that her children are not left motherless, and the letter Karl receives from his sister?
2. What is the argument Karl and Nojd have regarding who really owns Karl's land?
3. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
4. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
5. What is the symbolism of the Astrakhan apple tree for Kristina?
6. What is confirmed about Kristina's illness when she has abdominal pain and bleeding again?
7. Why does Kristina compare going to the doctor to immigrating?
8. What does the Indian cliff symbolize in the story?
9. Who is William J. Sturgis, and what heroic act did he perform in the duty of warning settlers about the Indian attacks?
10. What does Karl learn about why Klas Albert had paid for the wheat shipment back to Sweden?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)