|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina has been ill since ____________________.
(b) her last miscarriage.
(c) last Summer.
(d) they left Sweden.
2. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
3. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
4. Kristina maintains that ____________________ is wrong about her illness.
(b) the doctor.
5. Kristina believes that ______________________ does not affect a connection with God.
(a) the choice of religion.
(d) reading the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
2. What is the name of the person in #57?
3. To what does Old Abe attribute the fact that news travels fast?
4. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
5. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kristina's state of mind during her illness and why does Karl not tell her about the ringing church bells?
2. What is Ulrika's true reason for giving the bridal crown to the village church?
3. How does the Indian cliff take on a more threatening presence as the Indian attacks increase?
4. Why do the Sioux Indians initiate war against the white settlers?
5. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
6. What is the irony of Kristina's praying that her children are not left motherless, and the letter Karl receives from his sister?
7. What does Karl feel about Marta's marrying Klas Albert, and what does Karl ask for in exchange for Marta?
8. How do Karl and Kristina differ on the religious aspects of killing in the war?
9. What are Karl's feelings about God after the death of Kristina?
10. How does Karl spend his days since his back injuries prevent his working anymore?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)