|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
(a) He is cautiously optimistic.
(b) He thinks everything will be fine.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is joyful.
2. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
3. How does Karl feel when he hears the details of how long Kristina has been ill?
4. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
5. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
2. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
3. What bothers Kristina about the baptism ceremony in Ulrika's parishioners in Stillwater?
4. Sven is the son of whom?
5. Why is Manda upset with Pastor Stenius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Manda Svensson's moral dilemma regarding the baptism of her son and what advice does Kristina give her?
2. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
3. What is the argument Karl and Nojd have regarding who really owns Karl's land?
4. What is the premise of "The Last Letter Home"?
5. What are Kristina's beliefs about the way white Christians treat the Indians?
6. What is the major point of contention in the religious beliefs among the Swedish Lutheran settlers and Swedish revivalist, Frederick Nilsson?
7. How do Karl and Kristina differ in their views on the Civil War?
8. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
9. How does Karl's rational side emerge when Civil War breaks out in America?
10. What are the circumstances in which Karl and Kristina become intimate again?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)