|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when Part 1, Chapter IV begins?
2. In what month will the apples be ripe?
3. How does Karl feel about being rejected by the army?
4. A sand cliff on the west shore of Lake Chisago is shaped like _____________________.
(a) an Indian head.
(b) an arrow.
(c) a hawk.
(d) a knife.
5. Kristina learns that hunger is so bad for the Indians this winter that they are eating ____________________.
(a) animal hides.
(b) tree bark.
(d) their own children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kristina feel about being left alone if Karl goes to war?
2. How old are Karl and Kristina?
3. About what issue does Manda Svensson come to see Kristina?
4. Who is the doctor who Ulrika recommends for Kristina?
5. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Karl and Kristina become intimate again?
2. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
3. What are Kristina's beliefs about the way white Christians treat the Indians?
4. What is the premise of "The Last Letter Home"?
5. What topic does Ulrika bring up to Karl one day which embarrasses him?
6. How does Kristina feel about the doctor's warnings to her and what stance does Karl take on the subject?
7. How does Karl's rational side emerge when Civil War breaks out in America?
8. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
9. What decision does Kristina make for herself regarding which religion to follow and how does she show independence in her relationship with God?
10. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)