|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Karl receive a letter?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister.
2. Who is the doctor who Ulrika recommends for Kristina?
(a) Dr. Farnley.
(b) Dr. Svenssen.
(c) Dr. Maple.
(d) Dr. Donohue.
3. When Karl tells Kristina that he wants to go to war, what does she ask him to wait for?
(b) The harvest.
(c) The birth of the baby.
(d) Their wedding anniversary.
4. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
5. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sven is the son of whom?
2. Kristina learns that hunger is so bad for the Indians this winter that they are eating ____________________.
3. About what issue does Manda Svensson come to see Kristina?
4. How old are Karl and Kristina?
5. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
2. What are the circumstances in which Karl and Kristina become intimate again?
3. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
4. What are Kristina's beliefs about the way white Christians treat the Indians?
5. What decision does Kristina make for herself regarding which religion to follow and how does she show independence in her relationship with God?
6. How is Karl conflicted between his civic duty and his wife's pleas regarding his decision to enlist for war?
7. How does Kristina feel about the doctor's warnings to her and what stance does Karl take on the subject?
8. What is the premise of "The Last Letter Home"?
9. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
10. How do Karl and Kristina differ in their views on the Civil War?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)