|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl has tilled the last of the _________________ on his claim.
2. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
(a) Winter wheat.
(c) Spring wheat.
3. The Swedish immigrants of the St. Croix Valley are divided on ___________________.
(a) political matters.
(b) land claim matters.
(c) education matters.
(d) religious matters.
4. Regarding the war, who believes that killing is wrong no matter the reason and punishment belongs to God alone?
5. Sven is the son of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kristina anxious for the apples to ripen?
2. What is the content of the letter sent to Karl?
3. Who is the neighbor's wife Karl sends for to attend to Kristina?
4. How many siblings does Karl have?
5. What is the predominant religion in the St. Croix Valley area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Kristina's beliefs about the way white Christians treat the Indians?
2. What is Dr. Farnley's warning for Kristina which Ulrika tells Karl because Kristina is too shy to talk about it?
3. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
4. What is the premise of "The Last Letter Home"?
5. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
6. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
7. What is the major point of contention in the religious beliefs among the Swedish Lutheran settlers and Swedish revivalist, Frederick Nilsson?
8. How do Karl and Kristina differ in their views of what her new pregnancy means?
9. What is the author foreshadowing by writing about Karl's dreams of tilling his oak stand and the mention of the church bells?
10. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)