|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
2. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
3. How does Karl feel about being rejected by the army?
4. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
5. Why is Karl rejected by the army?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He is missing a thumb.
(c) His left leg is lame.
(d) His vision is not 20/20.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karl has tilled the last of the _________________ on his claim.
2. The hunters and warriors of the Sioux tribe paint ___________________ on their tomahawks to signal sure death to the enemy.
3. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
4. 1861-1862 is the _______________ winter in America for the emigrants.
5. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Ulrika bring up to Karl one day which embarrasses him?
2. What is Manda Svensson's moral dilemma regarding the baptism of her son and what advice does Kristina give her?
3. What are Kristina's beliefs about the way white Christians treat the Indians?
4. How does Kristina feel about the doctor's warnings to her and what stance does Karl take on the subject?
5. What is Pastor Stenius' stance on where his religious powers reside and what role does he play in the disruption of the settlers and their religious beliefs?
6. How do Karl and Kristina differ on the religious aspects of killing in the war?
7. What is Dr. Farnley's warning for Kristina which Ulrika tells Karl because Kristina is too shy to talk about it?
8. What are the circumstances in which Karl and Kristina become intimate again?
9. What is the first rule for immigrants and how does the author use the story of Anders Mansson's suicide to show it?
10. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)