|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A half hour.
2. Who tries to warn Sven to not move to Meeker County?
3. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
4. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
(a) Chopping kindling.
(b) Milking a cow.
(c) Washing the clothes.
(d) Making stew.
5. What news is Kristina hesitant to tell Karl?
(a) She burned the dinner.
(b) She did not get his overalls mended.
(c) She can't find the cow.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristina looking for at the beginning of Chapter XI?
2. Kristina believes that ______________________ does not affect a connection with God.
3. 1861-1862 is the _______________ winter in America for the emigrants.
4. About what issue does Manda Svensson come to see Kristina?
5. How many siblings does Karl have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Indian cliff symbolize in the story?
2. What are the circumstances in which Karl and Kristina become intimate again?
3. What is Manda Svensson's moral dilemma regarding the baptism of her son and what advice does Kristina give her?
4. What is the author foreshadowing by writing about Karl's dreams of tilling his oak stand and the mention of the church bells?
5. What is Dr. Farnley's warning for Kristina which Ulrika tells Karl because Kristina is too shy to talk about it?
6. What does Jonas Petter's admonition to Sven about moving to Meeker County foreshadow?
7. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
8. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
9. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
10. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)