|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
2. Who is Johannes Stenius?
(a) A baker.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A minister.
(d) A sheriff.
3. Karl trusts only _______________ and does not pray.
4. Sven is the son of whom?
5. Whose mother does Karl find dead in a field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Kristina's health at this point?
2. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
3. Who tries to warn Sven to not move to Meeker County?
4. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
5. Who decides to enlist in the war in September of 1861?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karl's anxiety while waiting for Kristina's doctor's appointment signify?
2. What decision does Kristina make for herself regarding which religion to follow and how does she show independence in her relationship with God?
3. How do Karl's religious beliefs differ from Kristina's?
4. What advice does Danjel give to Kristina about her prayers to God?
5. How do Karl and Kristina differ in their views on the Civil War?
6. When does Karl finally decide to enlist in the war?
7. How is Karl conflicted between his civic duty and his wife's pleas regarding his decision to enlist for war?
8. What does Jonas Petter's admonition to Sven about moving to Meeker County foreshadow?
9. How do Karl and Kristina differ on the religious aspects of killing in the war?
10. What is the author foreshadowing by writing about Karl's dreams of tilling his oak stand and the mention of the church bells?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)