|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
2. Where is Klas and Marta's home located?
(d) Center City.
3. What has Karl never regretted in his life?
(a) Serving in the army.
(b) Emigrating from Sweden.
(c) Marrying Ulrika.
(d) Leaving college.
4. What is Kristina suffering through at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Another miscarriage.
5. Ulrika shows Karl an article about an immigrant from Ljuder who has presented a/an _________________ to the village church.
(a) shipment of candles.
(c) shipment of Bibles.
(d) bridal crown.
6. What do the Sioux Indians take from Sven's farm after the massacre?
7. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
8. In what town were the condemned Sioux Indians hanged in 1862?
9. Who is Miss Skalrud?
(a) A Norwegian midwife.
(b) A Swedish nurse.
(c) A Norwegian artist.
(d) A new teacher.
10. To whom has Karl left his farm?
11. What is the nature of Kristina's illness?
(a) She has influenza.
(b) She has miscarried again.
(c) She has a migraine.
(d) She has a broken leg.
12. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
13. How many days does it take for Kristina's delirium to break?
14. At the wedding, Jonas Petter tells a story about what?
(a) A surrogate father.
(b) His boyhood.
(c) The blizzard of '35.
(d) The Civil War.
15. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
(a) A load of soybeans.
(b) A load of wheat.
(c) A load of peanuts.
(d) A load of corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
2. What is the greatest number of settlers killed by the Sioux in one day?
3. What is the name of Karl's home parish?
4. Why do the Sioux Indians begin killing white settlers?
5. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy for the house?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)