|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina tells Karl that she dreamed she was in ___________________.
(c) New York.
2. What is conscription?
(a) A draft into military service.
(b) An illegal prescription.
(c) A Bible verse.
(d) A land law.
3. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
(a) A load of soybeans.
(b) A load of corn.
(c) A load of peanuts.
(d) A load of wheat.
4. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
5. What seems to serve as a symbol of the Sioux's uprising in the La Croix Valley?
(a) The La Croix River.
(b) The black clouds.
(c) The Rocky Mountains.
(d) The Indian cliff.
6. How many white settlers are killed in the Sioux Indian war?
(a) Nearly three hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) About one thousand.
(d) Over one thousand.
7. How many children does Ulrika have?
8. Kristina's dream transitions from a pleasant situation to one in which she ________________________.
(a) is covered in hot tar.
(b) is tossed into the sea from a ship.
(c) cannot find her children.
(d) falls into an abyss.
9. Which woman has been recently widowed?
10. Karl will never forgive God for ____________________.
(a) the Civil War.
(b) his leg injury.
(c) the Sioux Indian war.
(d) taking Kristina from him.
11. Which one of Karl's daughters wants to marry Klas?
12. What is the name of the homestead act which encouraged Swedish people to immigrate to Minnesota?
(a) Lincoln's Homestead Act.
(b) Scandinavian Homestead Act.
(c) Swedish Homestead Act.
(d) Johnson's Homestead Act.
13. How much did the item in #153 cost?
14. What makes Karl forget about the Sioux Indian scare for periods of time?
(a) Working in his fields.
(b) Delirium due to heat stroke.
(c) Keeping watch over Kristina.
(d) Sleeping due to illness.
15. William J. Sturgis of Company B of the Fifth Minnesota Regiment carries an Indian alarm 120 miles in only ________________________.
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many coffins has Karl built in his life for family members?
2. At the wedding, Jonas Petter tells a story about what?
3. Who is Miss Skalrud?
4. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
5. In what town were the condemned Sioux Indians hanged in 1862?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)