|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notifies Karl about the Indian uprising?
(a) Lars Nyberg.
(b) Petrus Olausson.
(c) Peter Oleson.
(d) Nils Svensson.
2. Ulrika is angry at her son who has chosen to be _____________________ instead of a minister.
(a) a circus animal trainer.
(b) a merchant.
(c) a farmer.
(d) a sailor.
3. How many coffins has Karl built in his life for family members?
4. What seems to bother Karl as he watches over Kristina?
(a) That her fever will not go down.
(b) That she will not wake up.
(c) That her extremities are going numb.
(d) That she no longer recognizes him.
5. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
6. Which one of Karl's daughters wants to marry Klas?
7. Where do the men evacuate the women for safety from the Indians?
(b) The church.
(c) A fort.
(d) An underground tunnel.
8. What is the greatest number of settlers killed by the Sioux in one day?
9. How many white settlers are left homeless from the Sioux Indian war?
10. What name had Karl given to his farm originally?
(a) New Djursholm.
(b) New Kramfors.
(c) New Kristinehamm.
(d) New Duvemala.
11. Which of the following is NOT a topic included in the letter Karl sends to his sister?
(a) The assassination of President Lincoln.
(b) The victory of the Union army.
(c) The capture of Lincoln's assassin.
(d) The Sioux Indian war.
12. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
(c) Close their eyes.
13. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
(a) Some men have religious objections to it.
(b) Many men are off fighting in the Civil War.
(c) Many men want to protect their own farms.
(d) Some men take their families and move away.
14. How many Sioux Indians are sentenced to death for their part in the war between the Sioux and the white settlers?
15. Where do the Sioux Indians kill Sven and Danjel?
(a) In the field.
(b) On the road.
(c) By the creek.
(d) In their beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town were the condemned Sioux Indians hanged in 1862?
2. How does Karl know that Kristina has died?
3. What intermittent noise is heard in Karl and Kristina's house as he watches over her?
4. How much did the item in #153 cost?
5. The gold promised to the Sioux Indians in 1861 finally arrives at _______________ in August of 1862.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)