|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take for Kristina's delirium to break?
2. Karl's children call their home _____________________.
(a) New Sweden.
(b) Nilsson Settlement.
(c) Nilsson Province.
(d) Nilsson Valley.
3. What year is it when Karl yields his largest crop?
4. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
(a) A smokehouse.
(b) A workshop.
(c) A new home.
(d) A barn.
5. Karl will never forgive God for ____________________.
(a) the Civil War.
(b) taking Kristina from him.
(c) the Sioux Indian war.
(d) his leg injury.
6. What language does Karl speak most of the time now?
7. Where do the men evacuate the women for safety from the Indians?
(b) The church.
(c) A fort.
(d) An underground tunnel.
8. How many children does Ulrika have?
9. Who is Miss Skalrud?
(a) A new teacher.
(b) A Norwegian midwife.
(c) A Norwegian artist.
(d) A Swedish nurse.
10. What name had Karl given to his farm originally?
(a) New Djursholm.
(b) New Kramfors.
(c) New Kristinehamm.
(d) New Duvemala.
11. What does Ulrika secretly wonder about Karl when she sees him?
(a) If he is happy.
(b) If he is healthy.
(c) If he has reconciled with God.
(d) If he will ever marry again.
12. Who notifies Karl about the Indian uprising?
(a) Petrus Olausson.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Peter Oleson.
(d) Nils Svensson.
13. The gold promised to the Sioux Indians in 1861 finally arrives at _______________ in August of 1862.
(a) Fort Dalton.
(b) Fort Hopewell.
(c) Fort Recovery.
(d) Fort Ridgely.
14. Who is the only person at Sven's house to escape being killed by the Sioux?
15. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
(a) Karl has not been sleeping.
(b) It is raining in a window.
(c) The house is a mess.
(d) The children are hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest number of settlers killed by the Sioux in one day?
2. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
3. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
4. What seems to bother Karl as he watches over Kristina?
5. What is the name of the homestead act which encouraged Swedish people to immigrate to Minnesota?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)