|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many coffins has Karl built in his life for family members?
2. How many white settlers are killed in the Sioux Indian war?
(a) Over one thousand.
(b) About one thousand.
(c) Nearly three hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
3. What is the nature of Kristina's illness?
(a) She has a broken leg.
(b) She has a migraine.
(c) She has miscarried again.
(d) She has influenza.
4. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
5. If Kristina had not miscarried, this child would have been her ______________ one.
6. What year is it when Karl yields his largest crop?
7. William J. Sturgis of Company B of the Fifth Minnesota Regiment carries an Indian alarm 120 miles in only ________________________.
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 24 hours.
8. What is the plight of the Sioux Indians when the government does not pay them?
(a) They suffer smallpox.
(b) They suffer famine.
(c) They suffer heatstroke.
(d) They suffer mental illness.
9. How many white settlers are left homeless from the Sioux Indian war?
10. What is conscription?
(a) A land law.
(b) A Bible verse.
(c) A draft into military service.
(d) An illegal prescription.
11. What does Kristina do when she is comatose?
(a) Holds Karl's hand.
(b) Moans and cries.
(d) Stares ahead, unblinking.
12. How many children does Ulrika have?
13. What food does Karl try to get Kristina to eat when she awakens?
(b) Some warm milk.
(c) An apple.
14. What tone does Karl take in his prayer with God after his injury?
15. On whom does the last oak tree fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
2. Who is the only person at Sven's house to escape being killed by the Sioux?
3. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy for the house?
4. Kristina tells Karl that she dreamed she was in ___________________.
5. What has Karl never regretted in his life?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)