|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karl know that Kristina has died?
(a) She drops the apple twice.
(b) She turns blue.
(c) She says she sees angels.
(d) She is delirius.
2. How many white settlers are killed in the Sioux Indian war?
(a) About one thousand.
(b) Over one thousand.
(c) Nearly three hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
3. What do the Sioux Indians take from Sven's farm after the massacre?
4. To whom has Karl left his farm?
5. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy for the house?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) An apple corer.
(c) A kerosene lamp.
(d) A washing machine.
6. What makes Karl forget about the Sioux Indian scare for periods of time?
(a) Keeping watch over Kristina.
(b) Delirium due to heat stroke.
(c) Sleeping due to illness.
(d) Working in his fields.
7. Where is Klas and Marta's home located?
(c) Center City.
8. What intermittent noise is heard in Karl and Kristina's house as he watches over her?
(a) The church bell.
(b) A clock.
(c) Sioux warrior cries.
(d) The children's singing.
9. What language does Karl speak most of the time now?
10. Which one of Karl's sons works for a timber company?
11. What does Kristina dream she is doing in her dream?
(a) Picking apples.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Swinging on an ox thong.
12. How many days does it take for Kristina's delirium to break?
13. Where do the Sioux Indians kill Sven and Danjel?
(a) By the creek.
(b) In their beds.
(c) In the field.
(d) On the road.
14. On whom does the last oak tree fall?
15. At the wedding, Jonas Petter tells a story about what?
(a) His boyhood.
(b) A surrogate father.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The blizzard of '35.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Karl's oak stand cleared?
2. Where do the men evacuate the women for safety from the Indians?
3. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
4. Why does Karl refuse to leave his farm?
5. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)