|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town were the condemned Sioux Indians hanged in 1862?
2. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
3. Kristina tells Karl that she dreamed she was in ___________________.
(c) New York.
4. The gold promised to the Sioux Indians in 1861 finally arrives at _______________ in August of 1862.
(a) Fort Hopewell.
(b) Fort Recovery.
(c) Fort Dalton.
(d) Fort Ridgely.
5. Who comes to Karl's house to chastise him for his carnal appetites which ultimately killed his wife?
6. What is the name of the homestead act which encouraged Swedish people to immigrate to Minnesota?
(a) Johnson's Homestead Act.
(b) Lincoln's Homestead Act.
(c) Swedish Homestead Act.
(d) Scandinavian Homestead Act.
7. In what month is Karl's oak stand cleared?
8. What is conscription?
(a) A land law.
(b) A draft into military service.
(c) A Bible verse.
(d) An illegal prescription.
9. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
(a) A barn.
(b) A workshop.
(c) A smokehouse.
(d) A new home.
10. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
11. Where is Klas and Marta's home located?
(a) Center City.
12. What language does Karl speak most of the time now?
13. What is the nature of Kristina's illness?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She has miscarried again.
(c) She has a broken leg.
(d) She has influenza.
14. Where do the Sioux Indians kill Sven and Danjel?
(a) In the field.
(b) On the road.
(c) In their beds.
(d) By the creek.
15. Who is Karl angry with regarding Kristina's death?
(b) The midwife.
(c) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Karl about Marta's wedding?
2. How many white settlers are left homeless from the Sioux Indian war?
3. What do the Sioux Indians take from Sven's farm after the massacre?
4. What seems to serve as a symbol of the Sioux's uprising in the La Croix Valley?
5. What is the name of the battle where U.S. soldiers fight the Sioux Indians on August 18, 1862?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)