|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the condemned Sioux Indians do on the way to the gallows?
(b) Close their eyes.
2. What does Karl decide to send to his home parish during the famine?
(a) A load of corn.
(b) A load of soybeans.
(c) A load of peanuts.
(d) A load of wheat.
3. What is the name of Karl's home parish?
4. What intermittent noise is heard in Karl and Kristina's house as he watches over her?
(a) The children's singing.
(b) The church bell.
(c) A clock.
(d) Sioux warrior cries.
5. To whom has Karl left his farm?
6. What upsets Kristina when she awakens from her comatose state?
(a) Karl has not been sleeping.
(b) The house is a mess.
(c) The children are hungry.
(d) It is raining in a window.
7. The gold promised to the Sioux Indians in 1861 finally arrives at _______________ in August of 1862.
(a) Fort Recovery.
(b) Fort Ridgely.
(c) Fort Dalton.
(d) Fort Hopewell.
8. Who pays for the freight and deliver of the food Karl ships back home?
9. Who is the only person at Sven's house to escape being killed by the Sioux?
10. When does Karl think that his farm will finally be completed?
(a) When he buys the adjoining farm.
(b) When the irrigation system is installed.
(d) When the oak grove is cleared.
11. Karl will never forgive God for ____________________.
(a) his leg injury.
(b) taking Kristina from him.
(c) the Civil War.
(d) the Sioux Indian war.
12. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
13. Back in Sweden, Ulrika was known as the parish _______________.
14. In what year does the federal government promise to pay the Sioux Indians for their land?
15. What name had Karl given to his farm originally?
(a) New Kramfors.
(b) New Djursholm.
(c) New Duvemala.
(d) New Kristinehamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Sven prepare to give to the Sioux who come to his farm?
2. On whom does the last oak tree fall?
3. Why do the Sioux Indians begin killing white settlers?
4. What does Kristina do when she is comatose?
5. Where is Klas and Marta's home located?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)