|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kristina dream she is doing in her dream?
(a) Swinging on an ox thong.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Picking apples.
2. Back in Sweden, Ulrika was known as the parish _______________.
3. What disappoints Karl about Marta's wedding?
(a) The wedding was too expensive.
(b) The engagement was too short.
(c) Marta did not hug him when she left.
(d) He doesn't like her husband.
4. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
(a) Some men have religious objections to it.
(b) Many men want to protect their own farms.
(c) Many men are off fighting in the Civil War.
(d) Some men take their families and move away.
5. What tone does Karl take in his prayer with God after his injury?
6. What is conscription?
(a) A Bible verse.
(b) A land law.
(c) An illegal prescription.
(d) A draft into military service.
7. What item does Klas Albert convince Karl to buy for the house?
(a) A kerosene lamp.
(b) A vacuum cleaner.
(c) An apple corer.
(d) A washing machine.
8. Where do the men evacuate the women for safety from the Indians?
(a) A fort.
(b) The church.
(d) An underground tunnel.
9. How many white settlers are killed in the Sioux Indian war?
(a) Nearly three hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) About one thousand.
(d) Over one thousand.
10. What does Kristina do when she is comatose?
(a) Holds Karl's hand.
(c) Stares ahead, unblinking.
(d) Moans and cries.
11. How many days does it take for Kristina's delirium to break?
12. Kristina's dream transitions from a pleasant situation to one in which she ________________________.
(a) cannot find her children.
(b) is covered in hot tar.
(c) is tossed into the sea from a ship.
(d) falls into an abyss.
13. Which of the following is NOT a topic included in the letter Karl sends to his sister?
(a) The capture of Lincoln's assassin.
(b) The assassination of President Lincoln.
(c) The victory of the Union army.
(d) The Sioux Indian war.
14. In what month is Karl's oak stand cleared?
15. What body part is most injured when the oak tree falls on the person in #161?
Short Answer Questions
1. Karl will never forgive God for ____________________.
2. Who is Miss Skalrud?
3. What has Karl never regretted in his life?
4. Karl builds a coffin for Kristina with boards that had been intended for what?
5. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)