|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
2. How long have Karl and Kristina been married?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 27 years.
3. What is the name of the person in #57?
4. Kristina learns that hunger is so bad for the Indians this winter that they are eating ____________________.
(b) their own children.
(c) tree bark.
(d) animal hides.
5. Sven is the son of whom?
6. Who is the neighbor's wife Karl sends for to attend to Kristina?
7. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
8. How old are Karl and Kristina?
(a) In their forties.
(b) In their thirties.
(c) In their twenties.
(d) In their fifties.
9. What type of apple tree has finally born fruit for Kristina?
10. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
(a) kill enemies.
(b) leave your family.
(c) avoid the draft.
(d) be angry.
11. What news is Kristina hesitant to tell Karl?
(a) She did not get his overalls mended.
(b) She burned the dinner.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She can't find the cow.
12. Who is Johannes Stenius?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A minister.
(d) A baker.
13. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
14. Regarding the war, who believes that killing is wrong no matter the reason and punishment belongs to God alone?
15. The First Commandment for Emigrants offers the rule to never regret one's emigration and to ___________________.
(a) return once every five years.
(b) support it financially.
(c) write letters to family members.
(d) love America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
2. After her diagnosis, Kristina feels that she is useless as ________________.
3. What warning does Ulrika remind Karl of?
4. Karl trusts only _______________ and does not pray.
5. What is the predominant religion in the St. Croix Valley area?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)