|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
2. What is the state of Kristina's health at this point?
(a) She feels like a new woman.
(b) She has not improved much.
(c) She is stronger and the bleeding has stopped.
(d) She is still bleeding heavily.
3. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
4. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
5. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He thinks everything will be fine.
(c) He is cautiously optimistic.
(d) He is joyful.
6. Where does Karl wait while Kristina is at her doctor's appointment?
(a) Pastor Jackson's house.
(b) The Baptish church.
(c) The waiting room.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
(a) avoid the draft.
(b) leave your family.
(c) kill enemies.
(d) be angry.
8. Who offers to accompany Kristina to the doctor?
9. What news is Kristina hesitant to tell Karl?
(a) She can't find the cow.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She burned the dinner.
(d) She did not get his overalls mended.
10. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
11. Which war breaks out at the novel begins?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
12. Who tries to warn Sven to not move to Meeker County?
13. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
(b) Spring wheat.
(c) Winter wheat.
14. When Karl tells Kristina that he wants to go to war, what does she ask him to wait for?
(a) The harvest.
(b) The birth of the baby.
(c) Their wedding anniversary.
15. Fredrick Nilsson is exiled from Sweden for preaching _____________________.
(a) immersion of Baptism.
(c) atheist tenets.
(d) same sex marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
2. For what does Kristina pray?
3. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
4. Kristina believes that ______________________ does not affect a connection with God.
5. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)