|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person in #57?
2. How old is Manda's little son?
(a) Six months old.
(b) Four years old.
(c) Three years old.
(d) One year old.
3. Karl has tilled the last of the _________________ on his claim.
4. As Kristina walks home she is frightened by a figure that turns out to be _____________.
5. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
6. How does Karl feel about being rejected by the army?
7. Who is Johannes Stenius?
(a) A baker.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A sheriff.
(d) A minister.
8. Who offers to accompany Kristina to the doctor?
9. What bothers Kristina about the baptism ceremony in Ulrika's parishioners in Stillwater?
(a) The gifts provided.
(b) The ferocity of the minister.
(c) The loud singing and dancing.
(d) The immersion in water.
10. What type of apple tree has finally born fruit for Kristina?
11. Why is Karl rejected by the army?
(a) His left leg is lame.
(b) His vision is not 20/20.
(c) He is missing a thumb.
(d) He has flat feet.
12. Sven is the son of whom?
13. Which Indian tribe is rumored to be near the place where newlywed Sven has his claim?
14. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
(a) avoid the draft.
(b) leave your family.
(c) be angry.
(d) kill enemies.
15. Kristina maintains that ____________________ is wrong about her illness.
(a) the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristina is pregnant with her ______________ child.
2. Why does Kristina decide to be intimate with Karl again?
3. What is the region in which the settlers made their home in Minnesota?
4. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
5. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)