|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Johannes Stenius?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) A minister.
(c) A baker.
(d) A teacher.
2. What news is Kristina hesitant to tell Karl?
(a) She did not get his overalls mended.
(b) She burned the dinner.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She can't find the cow.
3. What bothers Kristina about the baptism ceremony in Ulrika's parishioners in Stillwater?
(a) The ferocity of the minister.
(b) The gifts provided.
(c) The loud singing and dancing.
(d) The immersion in water.
4. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
5. Kristina learns that she will die if ______________________.
(a) she doesn't take her heart medication.
(b) she gets pregnant again.
(c) she continues to gain weight.
(d) she gets bronchitis again.
6. Karl insists that they follow the doctor's instructions because it is important for Kristina to get better, despite ___________________________.
(a) the recovery period.
(b) the expense of the treatments.
(c) the physical denial he suffers.
(d) her absence from the home.
7. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
8. The hunters and warriors of the Sioux tribe paint ___________________ on their tomahawks to signal sure death to the enemy.
(a) blue arrows.
(b) red moons.
(c) black stars.
(d) white feathers.
9. Fredrick Nilsson is exiled from Sweden for preaching _____________________.
(a) atheist tenets.
(b) immersion of Baptism.
(d) same sex marriage.
10. As Kristina walks home she is frightened by a figure that turns out to be _____________.
11. In what month will the apples be ripe?
12. What is the predominant religion in the St. Croix Valley area?
13. About what issue does Manda Svensson come to see Kristina?
14. Who decides to enlist in the war in September of 1861?
15. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Manda upset with Pastor Stenius?
2. The Swedish immigrants of the St. Croix Valley are divided on ___________________.
3. What is the name of the person in #57?
4. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
5. What warning does Ulrika remind Karl of?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)