|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kristina not want to go to the doctor?
(a) Because it is God's decision on how long she lives.
(b) Because the trip is too long.
(c) Because she is too embarrassed.
(d) Because there is no money to pay him.
2. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
(a) He is cautiously optimistic.
(b) He is joyful.
(c) He thinks everything will be fine.
(d) He is terrified.
3. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
4. What is the name of the person in #57?
5. Who is Johannes Stenius?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) A minister.
(c) A baker.
(d) A teacher.
6. What is the region in which the settlers made their home in Minnesota?
(a) St. Croix Valley.
(b) Ottawa Valley.
(c) Orion Valley.
(d) LeJeune Valley.
7. Why is Manda upset with Pastor Stenius?
(a) He refuses to hold a funeral for her husband.
(b) He does not attend her son's baptism party.
(c) He is pressuring her to baptize her son as a Lutheran.
(d) He does not accept her offer to teach Sunday School.
8. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
9. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
10. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
11. Kristina believes that ______________________ does not affect a connection with God.
(a) reading the Bible.
(b) the choice of religion.
12. Why is Kristina anxious for the apples to ripen?
(a) To dry apples for the long winter.
(b) To make pies for the church bake sale.
(c) To can apples to give as gifts.
(d) To share a piece of her childhood with her children.
13. Karl Oskar is the owner of the first settlement at _____________________.
(a) Charleston Lake.
(b) Chicago Lake.
(c) Chinook Lake.
(d) Chisago Lake.
14. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
15. The Swedish immigrants of the St. Croix Valley are divided on ___________________.
(a) education matters.
(b) political matters.
(c) land claim matters.
(d) religious matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her diagnosis, Kristina feels that she is useless as ________________.
2. Who tries to warn Sven to not move to Meeker County?
3. How does Karl feel when he hears the details of how long Kristina has been ill?
4. Who offers to accompany Kristina to the doctor?
5. What is the content of the letter sent to Karl?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)