|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kristina feel about being left alone if Karl goes to war?
(a) She has some major concerns.
(b) She is petrified.
(c) She is slightly worried.
(d) She is not afraid.
2. Karl trusts only _______________ and does not pray.
3. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
4. Kristina prays to God so that ___________________.
(a) there will be a good crop this year.
(b) her children won't be without a mother.
(c) Karl's leg will heal.
(d) she may return to Sweden.
5. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
6. Kristina learns that hunger is so bad for the Indians this winter that they are eating ____________________.
(a) animal hides.
(c) their own children.
(d) tree bark.
7. What does Karl dream of tilling on his claim?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The oak stand.
(c) The pine tree stand.
(d) The orchard.
8. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
(a) leave your family.
(b) kill enemies.
(c) avoid the draft.
(d) be angry.
9. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
10. What is the region in which the settlers made their home in Minnesota?
(a) LeJeune Valley.
(b) St. Croix Valley.
(c) Orion Valley.
(d) Ottawa Valley.
11. What type of apple tree has finally born fruit for Kristina?
12. Kristina maintains that ____________________ is wrong about her illness.
(a) the doctor.
13. What can Karl's family hear from their house?
(a) A babbling brook.
(b) A neighbor's wedding party.
(d) Church bells.
14. How long have Karl and Kristina been married?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. Why does Kristina decide to be intimate with Karl again?
(a) Because she thinks he will have an affair.
(b) Because he threatens to divorce her.
(c) Because she thinks she will die soon.
(d) Because only God rules her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
2. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
3. What is the state of Kristina's health at this point?
4. What is the content of the letter sent to Karl?
5. What does Kristina sew for Karl on her new sewing machine?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)