|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina is pregnant with her ______________ child.
2. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
3. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
4. The First Commandment for Emigrants offers the rule to never regret one's emigration and to ___________________.
(a) support it financially.
(b) love America.
(c) write letters to family members.
(d) return once every five years.
5. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
6. What is Kristina looking for at the beginning of Chapter XI?
(a) Her scissors.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A lost cow.
(d) Her daughter.
7. Kristina has been ill since ____________________.
(a) last Summer.
(b) they left Sweden.
(d) her last miscarriage.
8. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
9. In what month will the apples be ripe?
10. Fredrick Nilsson is exiled from Sweden for preaching _____________________.
(a) immersion of Baptism.
(b) same sex marriage.
(d) atheist tenets.
11. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) A half hour.
12. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
13. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
(a) He thinks everything will be fine.
(b) He is cautiously optimistic.
(c) He is joyful.
(d) He is terrified.
14. Which war breaks out at the novel begins?
(a) World War II.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
15. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
2. Kristina learns that she will die if ______________________.
3. Who is Karl Oskar's wife?
4. The hunters and warriors of the Sioux tribe paint ___________________ on their tomahawks to signal sure death to the enemy.
5. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)