|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Indian tribe is rumored to be near the place where newlywed Sven has his claim?
2. What type of apple tree has finally born fruit for Kristina?
3. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
4. Kristina prays to God so that ___________________.
(a) she may return to Sweden.
(b) Karl's leg will heal.
(c) there will be a good crop this year.
(d) her children won't be without a mother.
5. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
6. How does Karl feel about being rejected by the army?
7. What is the main reason Kristina doesn't want Karl to go to war?
(a) She will miss him.
(b) She is concerned for his soul.
(c) She can't raise the children on her own.
(d) She can't run the farm without help.
8. Who is the doctor who Ulrika recommends for Kristina?
(a) Dr. Svenssen.
(b) Dr. Farnley.
(c) Dr. Donohue.
(d) Dr. Maple.
9. A sand cliff on the west shore of Lake Chisago is shaped like _____________________.
(a) an arrow.
(b) a hawk.
(c) an Indian head.
(d) a knife.
10. What does Kristina sew for Karl on her new sewing machine?
(b) Wool coat.
(c) Flannel shirts.
(d) Sunday suit.
11. Fredrick Nilsson is exiled from Sweden for preaching _____________________.
(a) immersion of Baptism.
(b) atheist tenets.
(d) same sex marriage.
12. Why does Kristina not want to go to the doctor?
(a) Because the trip is too long.
(b) Because there is no money to pay him.
(c) Because it is God's decision on how long she lives.
(d) Because she is too embarrassed.
13. Whose mother does Karl find dead in a field?
14. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
15. Karl Oskar is the owner of the first settlement at _____________________.
(a) Chinook Lake.
(b) Chisago Lake.
(c) Charleston Lake.
(d) Chicago Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
2. How does Kristina feel about being left alone if Karl goes to war?
3. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
4. How does Karl view Kristina's pregnancy?
5. Kristina has been ill since ____________________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)