|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kristina decide to be intimate with Karl again?
(a) Because only God rules her life.
(b) Because he threatens to divorce her.
(c) Because she thinks she will die soon.
(d) Because she thinks he will have an affair.
2. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
3. Karl Oskar is the owner of the first settlement at _____________________.
(a) Chicago Lake.
(b) Charleston Lake.
(c) Chinook Lake.
(d) Chisago Lake.
4. What does Kristina sew for Karl on her new sewing machine?
(a) Sunday suit.
(b) Flannel shirts.
(c) Wool coat.
5. Kristina believes that ______________________ does not affect a connection with God.
(a) reading the Bible.
(c) the choice of religion.
6. Whose mother does Karl find dead in a field?
7. What is the name of the person in #57?
8. Karl trusts only _______________ and does not pray.
9. What bothers Kristina about the baptism ceremony in Ulrika's parishioners in Stillwater?
(a) The ferocity of the minister.
(b) The immersion in water.
(c) The loud singing and dancing.
(d) The gifts provided.
10. After her diagnosis, Kristina feels that she is useless as ________________.
(a) a mother.
(b) a cook.
(c) a seamstress.
(d) a wife.
11. To what does Old Abe attribute the fact that news travels fast?
(b) The telegraph.
(c) The Pony Express.
(d) The telephone.
12. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
13. When Karl tells Kristina that he wants to go to war, what does she ask him to wait for?
(a) Their wedding anniversary.
(b) The birth of the baby.
(d) The harvest.
14. Kristina has been ill since ____________________.
(a) her last miscarriage.
(c) they left Sweden.
(d) last Summer.
15. How long have Karl and Kristina been married?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
2. What does Karl dream of tilling on his claim?
3. The First Commandment for Emigrants offers the rule to never regret one's emigration and to ___________________.
4. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
5. Regarding the war, who believes that killing is wrong no matter the reason and punishment belongs to God alone?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)