|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
2. Kristina learns that hunger is so bad for the Indians this winter that they are eating ____________________.
(b) animal hides.
(c) their own children.
(d) tree bark.
3. Kristina maintains that ____________________ is wrong about her illness.
(b) the doctor.
4. The Swedish immigrants of the St. Croix Valley are divided on ___________________.
(a) education matters.
(b) political matters.
(c) religious matters.
(d) land claim matters.
5. Karl insists that they follow the doctor's instructions because it is important for Kristina to get better, despite ___________________________.
(a) her absence from the home.
(b) the physical denial he suffers.
(c) the expense of the treatments.
(d) the recovery period.
6. Why does Kristina decide to be intimate with Karl again?
(a) Because only God rules her life.
(b) Because she thinks she will die soon.
(c) Because she thinks he will have an affair.
(d) Because he threatens to divorce her.
7. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
(c) Winter wheat.
(d) Spring wheat.
8. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
9. What does Kristina sew for Karl on her new sewing machine?
(b) Sunday suit.
(c) Wool coat.
(d) Flannel shirts.
10. What is the first state to reply to President Lincoln's call for soldiers?
11. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
12. How does Karl feel about being rejected by the army?
13. 1861-1862 is the _______________ winter in America for the emigrants.
14. What is the predominant religion in the St. Croix Valley area?
15. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Kristina doesn't want Karl to go to war?
2. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
3. When Kristina prays that night she asks God to _________________________.
4. How old are Karl and Kristina?
5. For what does Kristina pray?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)