|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
2. Who is the neighbor's wife Karl sends for to attend to Kristina?
3. What is the content of the letter sent to Karl?
(a) His mother has died.
(b) The farm has been sold.
(c) His sister has had her first child.
(d) The family home has burned down.
4. Who is the doctor who Ulrika recommends for Kristina?
(a) Dr. Maple.
(b) Dr. Svenssen.
(c) Dr. Farnley.
(d) Dr. Donohue.
5. What is the name of the person in #57?
6. Who decides to enlist in the war in September of 1861?
7. Whose mother does Karl find dead in a field?
8. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
(a) Washing the clothes.
(b) Making stew.
(c) Milking a cow.
(d) Chopping kindling.
9. For what does Kristina pray?
(a) To live a few more years.
(b) To have another child.
(c) To have a grandchild.
(d) To get a good friend.
10. Why does Kristina decide to be intimate with Karl again?
(a) Because she thinks he will have an affair.
(b) Because he threatens to divorce her.
(c) Because only God rules her life.
(d) Because she thinks she will die soon.
11. How many parishioners leave the church to join Fredrick Nilsson?
12. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
13. The hunters and warriors of the Sioux tribe paint ___________________ on their tomahawks to signal sure death to the enemy.
(a) red moons.
(b) white feathers.
(c) black stars.
(d) blue arrows.
14. Who offers to accompany Kristina to the doctor?
15. What season is it when Part 1, Chapter IV begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
2. What does Kristina sew for Karl on her new sewing machine?
3. In what month will the apples be ripe?
4. Which Indian tribe is rumored to be near the place where newlywed Sven has his claim?
5. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)