|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl has tilled the last of the _________________ on his claim.
2. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
(a) Winter wheat.
(b) Spring wheat.
3. The _______________ does not have the same power in America that it did in Sweden.
4. Which war breaks out at the novel begins?
(a) World War II.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
5. About what issue does Manda Svensson come to see Kristina?
6. Why is Kristina anxious for the apples to ripen?
(a) To share a piece of her childhood with her children.
(b) To can apples to give as gifts.
(c) To dry apples for the long winter.
(d) To make pies for the church bake sale.
7. The Swedish immigrants of the St. Croix Valley are divided on ___________________.
(a) political matters.
(b) education matters.
(c) religious matters.
(d) land claim matters.
8. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
9. Karl Oskar is the owner of the first settlement at _____________________.
(a) Charleston Lake.
(b) Chisago Lake.
(c) Chicago Lake.
(d) Chinook Lake.
10. Who is the doctor who Ulrika recommends for Kristina?
(a) Dr. Maple.
(b) Dr. Svenssen.
(c) Dr. Farnley.
(d) Dr. Donohue.
11. Who is the neighbor's wife Karl sends for to attend to Kristina?
12. Why does Kristina not want to go to the doctor?
(a) Because it is God's decision on how long she lives.
(b) Because she is too embarrassed.
(c) Because there is no money to pay him.
(d) Because the trip is too long.
13. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
14. What nationality is the family whose story is told in "The Last Letter Home"?
15. The Swedish wife of the Baptist minister is _____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Manda upset with Pastor Stenius?
2. How many siblings does Karl have?
3. Kristina had brought a seed from which type of tree to plant in America?
4. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
5. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)