|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Chapter I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Karl's sons works for a timber company?
2. Karl will never forgive God for ____________________.
(a) his leg injury.
(b) the Sioux Indian war.
(c) the Civil War.
(d) taking Kristina from him.
3. What is the name of the battle where U.S. soldiers fight the Sioux Indians on August 18, 1862?
(a) Battle of Hopewell.
(b) Battle of Great Oak.
(c) Battle of Orion Springs.
(d) Battle of Redwood.
4. What does Charles look at occasionally that makes him sentimental?
(a) Love letters to his wife.
(b) A map of his home parish.
(c) His children's drawings.
(d) Pictures of his wife.
5. Why are there so few men who can help fight against the Sioux Indians?
(a) Some men take their families and move away.
(b) Many men want to protect their own farms.
(c) Many men are off fighting in the Civil War.
(d) Some men have religious objections to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Sven prepare to give to the Sioux who come to his farm?
2. William J. Sturgis of Company B of the Fifth Minnesota Regiment carries an Indian alarm 120 miles in only ________________________.
3. Kristina learns that she will die if ______________________.
4. Who does Ulrika reveal to Karl to be the donor of the item to the church?
5. What is the predominant religion in the St. Croix Valley area?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)