|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Chapter I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the wedding, Jonas Petter tells a story about what?
(a) The blizzard of '35.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) His boyhood.
(d) A surrogate father.
2. Karl is happy that he had sent ______________ to his home parish in Sweden.
3. What food does Karl try to get Kristina to eat when she awakens?
(a) Some warm milk.
(d) An apple.
4. Whose mother does Karl find dead in a field?
5. What warning does Ulrika remind Karl of?
(a) That he needs to enroll his children in school.
(b) That he needs to get his crop harvested before the first snow.
(c) That she will tell her husband if he does not stop making advances toward her.
(d) That Kristina will die if she gets pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the U.S. President who grants a reprieve to 265 of the Sioux Indians sentenced to death?
2. The First Commandment for Emigrants offers the rule to never regret one's emigration and to ___________________.
3. How many coffins has Karl built in his life for family members?
4. Where does Karl wait while Kristina is at her doctor's appointment?
5. Which one of Karl's daughters wants to marry Klas?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)