|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina prays to God so that ___________________.
(a) Karl's leg will heal.
(b) there will be a good crop this year.
(c) she may return to Sweden.
(d) her children won't be without a mother.
2. Regarding the war, who believes that killing is wrong no matter the reason and punishment belongs to God alone?
3. Why is Karl rejected by the army?
(a) He is missing a thumb.
(b) His left leg is lame.
(c) His vision is not 20/20.
(d) He has flat feet.
4. Kristina tells Karl that her doctor's appointment was ___________________.
5. Why does Kristina not want to go to the doctor?
(a) Because it is God's decision on how long she lives.
(b) Because the trip is too long.
(c) Because she is too embarrassed.
(d) Because there is no money to pay him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the predominant religion in the St. Croix Valley area?
2. Who is Karl Oskar's wife?
3. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
4. Fredrick Nilsson is exiled from Sweden for preaching _____________________.
5. Who offers to accompany Kristina to the doctor?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)