|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl dream of tilling on his claim?
(a) The pine tree stand.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The oak stand.
(d) The meadow.
2. How does Kristina feel about being left alone if Karl goes to war?
(a) She is petrified.
(b) She is not afraid.
(c) She is slightly worried.
(d) She has some major concerns.
3. Karl insists that they follow the doctor's instructions because it is important for Kristina to get better, despite ___________________________.
(a) the expense of the treatments.
(b) the recovery period.
(c) her absence from the home.
(d) the physical denial he suffers.
4. A sand cliff on the west shore of Lake Chisago is shaped like _____________________.
(a) an Indian head.
(b) a knife.
(c) a hawk.
(d) an arrow.
5. Who is the neighbor's wife Karl sends for to attend to Kristina?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
2. How long does Karl have to wait for Kristina to leave her doctor's appointment?
3. Why is Manda upset with Pastor Stenius?
4. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
5. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)