|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
2. Who offers to accompany Kristina to the doctor?
3. After her diagnosis, Kristina feels that she is useless as ________________.
(a) a seamstress.
(b) a mother.
(c) a wife.
(d) a cook.
4. How does Kristina feel about being left alone if Karl goes to war?
(a) She is not afraid.
(b) She is petrified.
(c) She has some major concerns.
(d) She is slightly worried.
5. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
(a) Milking a cow.
(b) Chopping kindling.
(c) Making stew.
(d) Washing the clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to warn Sven to not move to Meeker County?
2. What religion does Fredrick Nilsson practice?
3. Where does Karl wait while Kristina is at her doctor's appointment?
4. The First Commandment for Emigrants offers the rule to never regret one's emigration and to ___________________.
5. Kristina maintains that ____________________ is wrong about her illness.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)