|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter VII and VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hunters and warriors of the Sioux tribe paint ___________________ on their tomahawks to signal sure death to the enemy.
(a) black stars.
(b) red moons.
(c) white feathers.
(d) blue arrows.
2. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
3. 1861-1862 is the _______________ winter in America for the emigrants.
4. Danjel is _______________ cousin.
5. When Karl tells Kristina that he wants to go to war, what does she ask him to wait for?
(a) The birth of the baby.
(b) The harvest.
(c) Their wedding anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the doctor who Ulrika recommends for Kristina?
2. Why is Karl rejected by the army?
3. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
4. Karl insists that they follow the doctor's instructions because it is important for Kristina to get better, despite ___________________________.
5. Kristina learns that hunger is so bad for the Indians this winter that they are eating ____________________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)