|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter VII and VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
2. What is the main reason Kristina doesn't want Karl to go to war?
(a) She will miss him.
(b) She is concerned for his soul.
(c) She can't run the farm without help.
(d) She can't raise the children on her own.
3. For what does Kristina pray?
(a) To live a few more years.
(b) To have another child.
(c) To get a good friend.
(d) To have a grandchild.
4. How does Karl feel about being rejected by the army?
5. Which war breaks out at the novel begins?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the family whose story is told in "The Last Letter Home"?
2. To what town does Karl go to sign up for the army?
3. A sand cliff on the west shore of Lake Chisago is shaped like _____________________.
4. What is Kristina doing when she experiences intense abdominal pain and bleeds heavily?
5. Karl argues that it is not sinful to __________________ in a war.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)