Preface and Part 1, Chapter I
1. What nationality is the family whose story is told in "The Last Letter Home"?
2. The family had immigrated and settled in which U.S. state?
3. To what does Old Abe attribute the fact that news travels fast?
(b) The telegraph.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The Pony Express.
4. Which war breaks out at the novel begins?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
5. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
6. Karl Oskar is the owner of the first settlement at _____________________.
(a) Chicago Lake.
(b) Chisago Lake.
(c) Charleston Lake.
(d) Chinook Lake.
7. Who is Karl Oskar's oldest son?
8. Who is Karl Oskar's wife?
9. What crop is Karl Oskar ready to plant as news of the war comes?
(b) Winter wheat.
(d) Spring wheat.
This section contains 3,650 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)