|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
2. Where does Willie go to cry?
3. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
4. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
5. What does Willie say Baggy very well might die of soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
2. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
3. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
4. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
5. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
6. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
7. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
8. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
9. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
10. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do the views in this story seem to lean more toward a Democratic point of view or a Republican point of view? Explain your answer and give examples. What political affiliations do you suspect the main characters possess? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what is known about Rhonda Kassellaw.
1) Is it easy to sympathize with her as a victim? Why.
2) Why did the author chose to leave little information about her and her character?
Essay Topic 3
There are a lot of rumors that surround the Padgitt family.
1) List the rumors and illegal activities the Padgitts were said to be involved in.
2) Is it possible that some of these were untrue? Explain.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)