|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
2. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
3. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
4. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
5. What is supposedly in the box that came from Maxine Root's sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what is known about Rhonda Kassellaw.
1) Is it easy to sympathize with her as a victim? Why.
2) Why did the author chose to leave little information about her and her character?
Essay Topic 2
Do the views in this story seem to lean more toward a Democratic point of view or a Republican point of view? Explain your answer and give examples. What political affiliations do you suspect the main characters possess? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Much of the town knew that the killer of the jury members was very patient and would wait until he could easily get to them.
Were the precautions taken by the towns people to protect their friends and family unnecessary? Useless? Explain.
How would the scene have differed if it had been a modern day setting?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)