|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
3. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
4. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
5. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
2. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
3. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
4. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
5. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
6. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
7. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
8. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
9. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
10. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There was a lack of physical evidence tying Danny Padgitt to the murders of the juror members.
1) Was it wrong to immediately suspect that it was Danny Padgitt? Why?
2) Why was Hank Hooten not thought of?
3) Was there any indication to the reader that it might not be Danny Padgitt? Explain?
Essay Topic 2
Callie dies before Willie can tell her that he has sold the paper. What did it signify that Callie was never told that Willie had sold the paper? Describe the relationship between the two characters.
Essay Topic 3
There are a lot of rumors that surround the Padgitt family.
1) List the rumors and illegal activities the Padgitts were said to be involved in.
2) Is it possible that some of these were untrue? Explain.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)