|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
2. What does Esau bring outside with him?
3. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
4. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
5. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
Essay Topic 1
1) Is there any chance that another draft would be started in time of war? Explain.
2) Would you ask your children to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
3) Would you view it differently if your child signed up for the service as apposed to a draft? Why?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why did Willie suddenly grow tired of journalism as a vocation? Why did Willie suddenly grow tired of Clayton?
2) Is there any indication that Willie felt this way or was beginning to feel this way before the offer was made on the newspaper? Explain.
3) Why did Willie suddenly feel this way or realize he was feeling this way after the offer was made?
Essay Topic 3
Mental illness is talked about a little bit in regards to Hank Hooten. Would it have been more helpful if the author had given more information about this character? Why was Willie so willing to agree not to publish any of the doctor's information about Hank Hooten's illness?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)