|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
2. What does Willie give Mrs. Callie when they have lunch?
3. What does Willie say that he and the paper had done together?
4. What is supposedly in the box that came from Maxine Root's sister?
5. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
2. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 30 where the teenager are pulled over by the state trooper.
4. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
5. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
6. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
7. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
8. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
9. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
10. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a vast change in response from the time that Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered to the point in time when Danny Padgitt gets paroled. Describe the differences in the public response and why the change occurs.
Essay Topic 2
Do the views in this story seem to lean more toward a Democratic point of view or a Republican point of view? Explain your answer and give examples. What political affiliations do you suspect the main characters possess? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
1) Is there any chance that another draft would be started in time of war? Explain.
2) Would you ask your children to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
3) Would you view it differently if your child signed up for the service as apposed to a draft? Why?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)