|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
2. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
3. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
4. Where does Willie recognize Lenny Fargarson from?
5. What does Willie say he is losing interest in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
2. Describe the conversation had between Harry Rex and Willie in chapter thirty-eight about Willie selling the paper.
3. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
4. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
5. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
6. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
7. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
8. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
9. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
10. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Callie dies before Willie can tell her that he has sold the paper. What did it signify that Callie was never told that Willie had sold the paper? Describe the relationship between the two characters.
Essay Topic 2
What role does desegregation play in the story? How would the story have changed had it been more modern day?
Essay Topic 3
Much of the town knew that the killer of the jury members was very patient and would wait until he could easily get to them.
Were the precautions taken by the towns people to protect their friends and family unnecessary? Useless? Explain.
How would the scene have differed if it had been a modern day setting?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)