Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
2. What is Callie Ruffin doing when Willie arrives at her house?
3. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
4. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
5. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
Essay Topic 1
Religion is a strong force behind many of the characters in the book although the main character, Willie Traynor, is an exception.
What role does religion play in the story?
Why do so many people in that area seem to believe so strongly?
How does it affect the reader's perspective that Willie is not a devout Christian?
Essay Topic 2
Do the views in this story seem to lean more toward a Democratic point of view or a Republican point of view? Explain your answer and give examples. What political affiliations do you suspect the main characters possess? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
1) Is there any chance that another draft would be started in time of war? Explain.
2) Would you ask your children to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
3) Would you view it differently if your child signed up for the service as apposed to a draft? Why?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)