|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
2. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
3. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
4. What does Ollie use while hunting?
5. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
2. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
3. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
4. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
5. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
6. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
7. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
9. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
10. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There was a lack of physical evidence tying Danny Padgitt to the murders of the juror members.
1) Was it wrong to immediately suspect that it was Danny Padgitt? Why?
2) Why was Hank Hooten not thought of?
3) Was there any indication to the reader that it might not be Danny Padgitt? Explain?
Essay Topic 2
Much of the town knew that the killer of the jury members was very patient and would wait until he could easily get to them.
Were the precautions taken by the towns people to protect their friends and family unnecessary? Useless? Explain.
How would the scene have differed if it had been a modern day setting?
Essay Topic 3
1) Is there any chance that another draft would be started in time of war? Explain.
2) Would you ask your children to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
3) Would you view it differently if your child signed up for the service as apposed to a draft? Why?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)