|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
2. Where does Willie recognize Lenny Fargarson from?
3. Who does Willie wake up to help him go through law books?
4. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
5. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story is about many things but seems to start and stop primarily with Willie's ownership of the newspaper. Why does the story stop at this point? Is it possible that this changes his plans to remain in Clayton?
Essay Topic 2
Religion is a strong force behind many of the characters in the book although the main character, Willie Traynor, is an exception.
What role does religion play in the story?
Why do so many people in that area seem to believe so strongly?
How does it affect the reader's perspective that Willie is not a devout Christian?
Essay Topic 3
Willie eventually begins to talk about getting married. What is significant about his admittance that this is something he wants in his life?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)