|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry Rex tell Willie to do?
2. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
3. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
4. What does Ollie use while hunting?
5. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
2. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
3. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
4. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
5. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
6. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
7. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
8. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
9. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 30 where the teenager are pulled over by the state trooper.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a lot of rumors that surround the Padgitt family.
1) List the rumors and illegal activities the Padgitts were said to be involved in.
2) Is it possible that some of these were untrue? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Much of the town knew that the killer of the jury members was very patient and would wait until he could easily get to them.
Were the precautions taken by the towns people to protect their friends and family unnecessary? Useless? Explain.
How would the scene have differed if it had been a modern day setting?
Essay Topic 3
There is a vast change in response from the time that Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered to the point in time when Danny Padgitt gets paroled. Describe the differences in the public response and why the change occurs.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)