|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
2. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
3. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
4. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
5. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
2. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
3. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
4. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
5. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
6. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
7. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
8. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
9. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
10. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a lot of the story based on democracy, the right to vote, and the judicial system.
1) What views seem to be shown by the author in the story?
2) Do the views in the story seem to mirror those in real life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Willie eventually begins to talk about getting married. What is significant about his admittance that this is something he wants in his life?
Essay Topic 3
There are a lot of rumors that surround the Padgitt family.
1) List the rumors and illegal activities the Padgitts were said to be involved in.
2) Is it possible that some of these were untrue? Explain.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)