|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
2. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
3. What does Callie get out of her closet?
4. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
5. What does Willie say they will have to give if they want the paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
2. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
3. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
4. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
5. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
6. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
7. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
9. Describe the conversation had between Harry Rex and Willie in chapter thirty-eight about Willie selling the paper.
10. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what is known about Rhonda Kassellaw.
1) Is it easy to sympathize with her as a victim? Why.
2) Why did the author chose to leave little information about her and her character?
Essay Topic 2
1) Is there any chance that another draft would be started in time of war? Explain.
2) Would you ask your children to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
3) Would you view it differently if your child signed up for the service as apposed to a draft? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Callie Ruffin doesn't approve of the mixed race marriage that she sees while in Memphis. How do her feelings of the mixed race couple add to the story line? Has the view on mixed race couples changed a lot since the seventies? Explain.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)