Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
2. What is Callie Ruffin doing when Willie arrives at her house?
3. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
4. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
5. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
Essay Topic 1
1) What point of view does the author seem to take on the draft that was used during Vietnam?
2) What does it convey to the reader that Sam was willing to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Much of the town knew that the killer of the jury members was very patient and would wait until he could easily get to them.
Were the precautions taken by the towns people to protect their friends and family unnecessary? Useless? Explain.
How would the scene have differed if it had been a modern day setting?
Essay Topic 3
Callie Ruffin doesn't approve of the mixed race marriage that she sees while in Memphis. How do her feelings of the mixed race couple add to the story line? Has the view on mixed race couples changed a lot since the seventies? Explain.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)