|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
2. What does Callie get out of her closet?
3. What does Ollie call his late night 'varmit' hunting?
4. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
5. What is Callie Ruffin doing when Willie arrives at her house?
Essay Topic 1
There is a vast change in response from the time that Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered to the point in time when Danny Padgitt gets paroled. Describe the differences in the public response and why the change occurs.
Essay Topic 2
The story is about many things but seems to start and stop primarily with Willie's ownership of the newspaper. Why does the story stop at this point? Is it possible that this changes his plans to remain in Clayton?
Essay Topic 3
What role does desegregation play in the story? How would the story have changed had it been more modern day?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)