|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
2. Who is the second witness called?
3. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
4. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
5. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
2. What happens in Chapter 15 between Rhonda and Willie.
3. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
4. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
5. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
6. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
7. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
8. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
9. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
10. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Willie eventually begins to talk about getting married. What is significant about his admittance that this is something he wants in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Callie Ruffin doesn't approve of the mixed race marriage that she sees while in Memphis. How do her feelings of the mixed race couple add to the story line? Has the view on mixed race couples changed a lot since the seventies? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
During the course of the story the main character, Willie, changes quite a bit. Explain Willie's character at the beginning of the story and then give an explanation of it as it appears at the end of the story. In what ways has he changed? In what ways has he remained unchanged?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)