|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
2. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
3. What happens to The Ford County Times?
4. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
5. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
2. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
3. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
4. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
5. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
6. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
7. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
8. What is Willie's response when he learns that a young man from Ford county has been killed in the Vietnam war in Chapter 28?
9. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
10. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a vast change in response from the time that Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered to the point in time when Danny Padgitt gets paroled. Describe the differences in the public response and why the change occurs.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Danny Padgitt the only member of the Padgitt family that is singled out and given any background or extended description on? What is the role of the Padgitt family?
Essay Topic 3
Callie Ruffin doesn't approve of the mixed race marriage that she sees while in Memphis. How do her feelings of the mixed race couple add to the story line? Has the view on mixed race couples changed a lot since the seventies? Explain.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)