Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
2. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
3. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
9. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
10. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
Essay Topic 1
Callie dies before Willie can tell her that he has sold the paper. What did it signify that Callie was never told that Willie had sold the paper? Describe the relationship between the two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Do the views in this story seem to lean more toward a Democratic point of view or a Republican point of view? Explain your answer and give examples. What political affiliations do you suspect the main characters possess? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Religion is a strong force behind many of the characters in the book although the main character, Willie Traynor, is an exception.
What role does religion play in the story?
Why do so many people in that area seem to believe so strongly?
How does it affect the reader's perspective that Willie is not a devout Christian?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)