|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered in a nearby county?
2. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
3. What does Piston discover?
4. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
5. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
2. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
3. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
4. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
5. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
6. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
7. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
8. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
9. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
10. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Callie dies before Willie can tell her that he has sold the paper. What did it signify that Callie was never told that Willie had sold the paper? Describe the relationship between the two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Willie eventually begins to talk about getting married. What is significant about his admittance that this is something he wants in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is known about Rhonda Kassellaw.
1) Is it easy to sympathize with her as a victim? Why.
2) Why did the author chose to leave little information about her and her character?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)