|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
2. What happens when the sniper is caught?
3. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
4. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
5. Who makes fun of Willie's new wardrobe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
2. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
3. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
4. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
5. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
6. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
7. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
8. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
9. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
10. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
Essay Topic 1
What role does desegregation play in the story? How would the story have changed had it been more modern day?
Essay Topic 2
1) What point of view does the author seem to take on the draft that was used during Vietnam?
2) What does it convey to the reader that Sam was willing to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Mental illness is talked about a little bit in regards to Hank Hooten. Would it have been more helpful if the author had given more information about this character? Why was Willie so willing to agree not to publish any of the doctor's information about Hank Hooten's illness?
This section contains 1,686 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)