|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
2. What is Willie told in reference to how Danny is most likely being treated while in jail?
3. What does Harry Rex give Willie?
4. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
5. Who is murdered in a nearby county?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
2. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
3. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
4. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
5. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
6. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
7. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
8. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
9. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
10. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a lot of the story based on democracy, the right to vote, and the judicial system.
1) What views seem to be shown by the author in the story?
2) Do the views in the story seem to mirror those in real life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Do the views in this story seem to lean more toward a Democratic point of view or a Republican point of view? Explain your answer and give examples. What political affiliations do you suspect the main characters possess? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Given what is known in the story is it more likely that Hank Hooten really loved Rhonda Kassellaw or that it was part of his illness? Explain your answer.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)