|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
2. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
3. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
9. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
10. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
Essay Topic 1
Why is Danny Padgitt the only member of the Padgitt family that is singled out and given any background or extended description on? What is the role of the Padgitt family?
Essay Topic 2
1) Is there any chance that another draft would be started in time of war? Explain.
2) Would you ask your children to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
3) Would you view it differently if your child signed up for the service as apposed to a draft? Why?
Essay Topic 3
There are a lot of rumors that surround the Padgitt family.
1) List the rumors and illegal activities the Padgitts were said to be involved in.
2) Is it possible that some of these were untrue? Explain.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)