Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
2. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
3. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
9. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
10. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
The story is about many things but seems to start and stop primarily with Willie's ownership of the newspaper. Why does the story stop at this point? Is it possible that this changes his plans to remain in Clayton?
1) What point of view does the author seem to take on the draft that was used during Vietnam?
2) What does it convey to the reader that Sam was willing to dodge the draft? Explain your answer.
There is a lot of the story based on democracy, the right to vote, and the judicial system.
1) What views seem to be shown by the author in the story?
2) Do the views in the story seem to mirror those in real life? Explain.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)