|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the sniper is caught?
2. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
3. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
4. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
5. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
2. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
3. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
6. Describe what happens after Malcolm Vince is murdered in Chapter 22.
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 28 when Willie goes to play poker with Bubba and Bubba's friends.
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
9. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
10. Describe the letters that Willie receives after the trial.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story is about many things but seems to start and stop primarily with Willie's ownership of the newspaper. Why does the story stop at this point? Is it possible that this changes his plans to remain in Clayton?
Essay Topic 2
There is a vast change in response from the time that Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered to the point in time when Danny Padgitt gets paroled. Describe the differences in the public response and why the change occurs.
Essay Topic 3
There is a lot of the story based on democracy, the right to vote, and the judicial system.
1) What views seem to be shown by the author in the story?
2) Do the views in the story seem to mirror those in real life? Explain.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)