|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
2. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
3. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
9. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
10. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
Essay Topic 1
Willie eventually begins to talk about getting married. What is significant about his admittance that this is something he wants in his life?
Essay Topic 2
During the course of the story the main character, Willie, changes quite a bit. Explain Willie's character at the beginning of the story and then give an explanation of it as it appears at the end of the story. In what ways has he changed? In what ways has he remained unchanged?
Essay Topic 3
Callie Ruffin doesn't approve of the mixed race marriage that she sees while in Memphis. How do her feelings of the mixed race couple add to the story line? Has the view on mixed race couples changed a lot since the seventies? Explain.
This section contains 1,685 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)