|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(b) Stand in for the sheriff
(c) Member of the victim's family
2. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
(a) Until the elections were over
(b) Until Callie was better
(c) The killings
(d) Until the paper was fully taken over
3. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Had a stroke
(b) Passed away
(c) Went out of business
(d) Divorced twice
4. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He had been polite
(b) He loved his parents
(c) They had prayed together
(d) He was in such pain because of his accident
5. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
(a) The back room at Pepe's
(b) The secrete of the goat roast
(c) Harry Rex's girlfriend
(d) Danny Padgitt's trial
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
2. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
3. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
4. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
5. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
2. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
3. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
4. Describe the conversation had between Harry Rex and Willie in chapter thirty-eight about Willie selling the paper.
5. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
6. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
7. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
8. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
9. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
10. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)