|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(a) Work camp
(b) Federal prison
(d) Minimum secrutiy prison
2. Who speaks out against Danny's parole in Chapter 36?
(a) Wiley Meek
(b) Sheriff McNatt
3. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) Sam Ruffin
4. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
(a) Darla's mother's address
(b) Danny's address
(c) Her address
(d) Her phone number
5. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
(b) Sam Ruffin
(c) Danny Padgitt
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
2. What does Willie say that he and the paper had done together?
3. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
4. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
5. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
2. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
3. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
4. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
5. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
6. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 30 where the teenager are pulled over by the state trooper.
8. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
9. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
10. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)