|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) Wiley Meek
(d) Harry Rex
2. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(c) Tree Hugger
3. What does Willie say Baggy very well might die of soon?
(b) Drunk driving
(c) Heart attack
(d) Liver poisoning
4. What does Ollie call his late night 'varmit' hunting?
(a) Gook huntin'
(b) Looking for demons
(c) Zipperhead huntin'
5. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
(a) Had a stroke
(c) Was hit by shrapnel
(d) Had a heart attack
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
2. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
3. What does Willie tell Harry Rex he is thinking about doing?
4. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
5. What is Callie Ruffin doing when Willie arrives at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
2. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
3. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
4. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
5. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
6. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
7. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
8. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
9. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
10. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)