|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
2. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
(a) Go to the new shopping store
(b) Put out an add for a body guard
(d) Attend the funeral
3. What does the mayor ban?
(a) Talk of the murders
4. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) Moral conduct
(b) First Amendment
(c) State Law
(d) Second Amendment
5. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) His story about Lenny's accident
(b) A ride back into town
(c) A list of jurors
(d) Harry Rex's number
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
2. Where do the Ruffin children go to stay the night while Callie is in the hospital?
3. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
4. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
5. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
2. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
3. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
4. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
5. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
6. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
7. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
8. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
9. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
10. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)