|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Callie's house become?
(b) A haven
(c) A prison
(d) A reminder that the jurors are hunted
2. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
3. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
4. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(a) Big Smith
(c) Farmer Man
(d) Mr. John Deere
5. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
(a) Being the Padgitt's church
(b) Speaking in tongues
(c) Being rude
(d) Snake handling
Short Answer Questions
1. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
2. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
3. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
4. What does the mayor ban?
5. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
2. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
3. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
4. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
5. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
7. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
8. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
9. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
10. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)