|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) Being alone
(b) Working on his house
(c) The Padgitts
2. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(a) To have something to write about
(c) A need to be heard
3. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) Second Amendment
(b) State Law
(c) First Amendment
(d) Moral conduct
4. What does Esau bring outside with him?
(b) Double barrel shot gun
(c) A book
5. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
(a) Was hit by shrapnel
(c) Had a heart attack
(d) Had a stroke
Short Answer Questions
1. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
2. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
3. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
4. What has Callie's house become?
5. Where does Willie go to cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
2. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
3. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
4. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
5. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
6. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
7. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
8. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
9. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
10. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)