|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tossed onto the porch of Mr. Youry's house?
(a) Black Cat firecrackers
(b) A death threat
(c) Dead cat
(d) Smoke bomb
2. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
(b) Callie Ruffin
(d) Harry Rex
3. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) A list of jurors
(b) His story about Lenny's accident
(c) A ride back into town
(d) Harry Rex's number
4. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(b) To have something to write about
(c) A need to be heard
5. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
(a) Takes the spark plugs from the tractors
(b) Sets the barns on fire
(c) Partially drains oil from the tractor
(d) Slashes the tractor tires
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
2. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
3. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
4. What is the name of the big store coming to Clayton?
5. What does the mayor ban?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
3. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
4. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
5. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
6. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
7. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
8. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
9. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
10. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)