|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esau bring outside with him?
(a) A book
(b) Double barrel shot gun
2. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) Sam Ruffin
(c) The Padgitt lawyer
(d) Five of the jurors
3. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
(a) Until the elections were over
(b) Until Callie was better
(c) Until the paper was fully taken over
(d) The killings
4. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
(a) Darla's mother's address
(b) Her address
(c) Her phone number
(d) Danny's address
5. What does Willie say Baggy very well might die of soon?
(a) Liver poisoning
(c) Heart attack
(d) Drunk driving
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
2. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
3. What does Harry Rex tell Willie to do?
4. What does Lucien Willbanks specifically say about Willie in regards to the meeting?
5. Where does Willie go to cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
3. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
4. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
5. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
6. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
7. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
9. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 30 where the teenager are pulled over by the state trooper.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)