|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
(a) The Padgitt lawyer
(b) Sam Ruffin
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) Five of the jurors
2. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
(a) Padgitt family
(b) Lenny's illness
(c) Danny Padgitt's eventual parole
(d) The Vietnam war
3. What does Lucien Willbanks specifically say about Willie in regards to the meeting?
(a) Willie is not invited
(b) Willie is not to know about it
(c) Willie is to bring cookies
(d) Willie is not to print any information
4. What does Willie say Baggy very well might die of soon?
(a) Liver poisoning
(b) Drunk driving
(d) Heart attack
5. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks out against Danny's parole in Chapter 36?
2. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
3. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
4. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
5. What has Callie's house become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
2. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
3. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
4. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
5. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
6. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
7. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
8. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
9. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
10. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)