|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Went out of business
(b) Had a stroke
(c) Passed away
(d) Divorced twice
2. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
(b) Callie Ruffin
(c) Harry Rex
(d) Wiley Meek
3. Who is killed at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) Harry Rex
(b) Wiley Meek
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Lenny Fargarson
4. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
(a) Someone who understands him
(b) A good hunting dog
5. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
(a) Put out an add for a body guard
(b) Attend the funeral
(c) Go to the new shopping store
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
2. What does Ollie use while hunting?
3. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
4. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
5. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
2. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
3. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
4. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
5. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
6. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
7. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
8. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
9. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
10. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)