|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
(b) An election in Ford County
(c) A press confrence
(d) Danny Padgitt's release
2. What does McGrew want Willie to do if they buy the paper?
(a) Keep the sell quiet
(b) A chicken dance
(c) Stay on for a year to train the new editor
(d) Leave town
3. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(a) Farmer Man
(b) Big Smith
(c) Mr. John Deere
4. What does Ollie use while hunting?
(a) Night-vision goggles
(b) Full camo
(d) Bow and arrow
5. What is Lucien's one condition for bringing Danny Padgitt in?
(a) Immediate bail hearing
(b) No press allowed
(c) The Padgitts are allowed to stay in town
(d) Danny would be treated well
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
3. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
4. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
5. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
2. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
3. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
4. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
5. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
6. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
7. What had Willie envisioned happening after he sold the paper and began traveling as it is described in Chapter 44?
8. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
9. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
10. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)