|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) Harry Rex's number
(b) A list of jurors
(c) A ride back into town
(d) His story about Lenny's accident
2. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
(a) To talk to a shrink
(b) To the office
(d) To the mental institution
3. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
4. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(b) Big Smith
(c) Farmer Man
(d) Mr. John Deere
5. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
(a) A hundred and six
(b) Thirty five
(c) Seventy two
(d) Eighty eight
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
2. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
3. What is Paster Cooper's sermon about in Chapter 34?
4. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
5. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
2. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
3. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
4. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
5. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
6. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
7. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
8. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
9. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
10. Describe the courtroom scene and the shooter in Chapter 43.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)