|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
(a) Three armed men
(b) Two white teenagers
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) A young woman
2. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(b) Had taken money from the Padgitts
(c) Were writting books about the trial
(d) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
3. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
(a) Danny Padgitt's eventual parole
(b) Padgitt family
(c) The Vietnam war
(d) Lenny's illness
4. What does Willie do after receiving death threats?
(a) Buys a guard dog
(b) Calls the FBI
(c) Puts new locks on all the doors
5. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) Can't really say
(b) 10 million
(c) A hundred thousand
(d) 1.2 million
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
2. What is supposedly in the box that came from Maxine Root's sister?
3. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
4. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
5. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
2. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
3. Describe the conversation had between Harry Rex and Willie in chapter thirty-eight about Willie selling the paper.
4. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
5. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
6. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
7. Describe Callie's trip to Memphis with Willie in Chapter 41.
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
9. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
10. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)