|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
(a) Eighty eight
(b) Seventy two
(c) A hundred and six
(d) Thirty five
2. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
(a) Lenny's illness
(b) The Vietnam war
(c) Danny Padgitt's eventual parole
(d) Padgitt family
3. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Passed away
(b) Divorced twice
(c) Went out of business
(d) Had a stroke
4. What does Willie give Mrs. Callie when they have lunch?
(a) A copy of Danny's parole hearing
(b) Letters from Sam
(c) A copy of the paper
(d) A birthday card
5. Who does Willie wake up to help him go through law books?
(a) Wiley Meek
(c) Esau Ruffin
(d) Harry Rex
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
2. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
3. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
4. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
5. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Mr. Youry's house in Chapter 40?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say to Maxine Root in the end of Chapter 39?
3. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
4. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
5. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
6. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
7. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 30 where the teenager are pulled over by the state trooper.
10. How does the news of Danny Padgitt hit the people in Clayton as it is described in Chapter 31?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)