|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
(a) His past conviction
(b) His threats to the jury
(c) The connection between him and the victims
(d) Danny's personality
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
(a) Foot prints
(b) A chewed up cigar
(d) The gun used
3. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) 10 million
(b) A hundred thousand
(c) 1.2 million
(d) Can't really say
4. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
(a) The stress might hurt Callie
(b) The Padgitts would come back to his town for the trial
(c) Ginger might be called back to the stand
(d) Danny might be found innocent
5. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(a) Stand in for the sheriff
(c) Member of the victim's family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie recognize Lenny Fargarson from?
2. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
3. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
4. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
5. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the concern about Callie in Chapter 42?
2. Recount the conversation between Willie and Mr. McGrew.
3. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
4. Describe the conversation had between Harry Rex and Willie in chapter thirty-eight about Willie selling the paper.
5. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
6. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
7. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
8. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
10. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)