|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
(a) Talk to the defendant
(b) Contact the victim's family
(c) Cover the parole hearing in the paper
(d) Talk about the parole hearing to his friends
2. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(b) Tree Hugger
3. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
4. What has Callie's house become?
(a) A haven
(c) A prison
(d) A reminder that the jurors are hunted
5. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(b) Work camp
(c) Federal prison
(d) Minimum secrutiy prison
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
2. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
3. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
4. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
5. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
2. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
3. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
4. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
5. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
6. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
7. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
9. Describe the parole hearing that takes place in Chapter 33.
10. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)