|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
(a) Talk to Mr. Durant on Sam's behalf
(b) Get protection
(c) Get him a fast car
(d) Sneak him into town
2. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Traveling the world as a journalist
(b) Coving the war efforts
(c) Working for world news
(d) Working in politics
3. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(a) Unemployment rate
(b) The Padgitt family trials
4. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His camera
(b) The keys to his safe
(c) His cell phone
(d) His gun
5. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
(a) The district attorney
(b) Harry Rex
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
2. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
3. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
4. What does Harry Rex invite Willie to come to?
5. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
2. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
3. Describe the letters that Willie receives after the trial.
4. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
5. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
6. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
7. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
8. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
9. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
10. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)