|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
(a) The judge
(b) Mr. Caudle
(c) The district attorney
(d) Esau Riffen
2. Who is the first witness called when the trial begins?
(a) Rhonda's neighbor
(c) Harry Rex
(d) Sheriff Coley
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Willie's soul
(b) Willie's health
(c) Danny Padgitt's trial
(d) Willie's life
4. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His cell phone
(b) His gun
(c) The keys to his safe
(d) His camera
5. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A threat from the Padgitts
(b) A letter from Ginger
(c) Letters to the editor
(d) A lottery ticket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
2. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
3. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
4. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
5. Who came to get Rhonda's children after her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
2. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
3. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
4. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
5. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
6. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
8. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
9. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
10. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)