|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
(a) The Ruffin family story
(b) Rhonda's life story
(c) The story of crooked politicians
(d) The Padgitt family story
2. Who does Willie receive a phone call from?
(a) Harry Rex
3. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
(b) Three figure salaries
(c) Teaching degrees
4. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
(c) The assassination of the president
(d) The end of the war
5. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
(a) About Rhonda's life and troubles
(b) About Danny Padgitt's past offenses
(c) About the Padgitt family history
(d) About the rape and murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
2. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
3. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
4. What does Harry Rex give Willie?
5. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
2. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
3. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
4. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
5. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
6. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
7. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
8. What is Willie's response when he learns that a young man from Ford county has been killed in the Vietnam war in Chapter 28?
9. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
10. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)