|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Grocery store
(b) Parts store
(c) Shoe store
(d) Hog farm
2. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
(a) They were going to win the war
(b) His friends were going to die
(c) He would get back home
(d) He was going to die
3. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
(c) American flags
4. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Danny Padgitt's trial
(b) Willie's soul
(c) Willie's health
(d) Willie's life
5. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
(a) High school students
(b) Parents of those lost in the war
(c) Young men that had been drafted
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
2. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
3. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
4. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
5. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
2. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
3. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
4. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
5. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
6. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
7. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
8. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
9. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
10. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)