|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
(a) To make it harder to buy a jury
(b) To stop gossip
(c) To keep word of the trial from leaking out
(d) To make it harder for Danny to escape
2. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
(a) Padgitt Mountain
(b) Padgitt Commune
(c) Padgitt Island
(d) Padgitt Holler
3. How much money does Willie lose playing poker?
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(c) Ran off the road
(d) Beaten almost to death
5. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
(c) American flags
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the newspaper after Willie's second story in Chapter 6?
2. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
3. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
4. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
5. How did Mr. DeJarnette die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
2. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
3. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
4. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
5. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
6. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
7. What happens in Chapter 15 between Rhonda and Willie.
8. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
9. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 28 when Willie goes to play poker with Bubba and Bubba's friends.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)