|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
(b) She never bought food
(c) She worked all the time and didn't cook
2. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A letter from Ginger
(b) Letters to the editor
(c) A lottery ticket
(d) A threat from the Padgitts
3. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(a) In his Volkswagen
(b) Took a cab
(d) On a Greyhound bus
4. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The ability to make your own hours
(b) The ability to choose your own stories
(c) The freedom
(d) The money
5. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
2. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
3. What happens that Willie is able to cover and helps his newspaper grow?
4. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
5. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
2. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
3. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
4. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
5. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
8. What is Willie's response when he learns that a young man from Ford county has been killed in the Vietnam war in Chapter 28?
9. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
10. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)