|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
(a) Write once a week to their mother
(b) Write once a month to their motherc
(c) Call once a week
(d) Send home money
2. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
(a) Threatens the jury
(b) Threatens Willie
(c) Threatens the district attorney
(d) Spits on the judge
3. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
(b) Three figure salaries
(c) Teaching degrees
4. How does Willie describe the newspaper office?
(b) Old and cluttered
(c) Run down and falling apart
(d) Smelly and in need of new paint
5. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
(a) He would get back home
(b) They were going to win the war
(c) His friends were going to die
(d) He was going to die
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
3. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
4. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
5. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
2. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
3. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
8. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
9. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
10. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)