|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
(a) Too old
(b) Bad leg
(c) Genetic condition
2. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) That he always looks dead
(b) It is about time
(c) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(d) That he has sleep apnea
3. What verdict does the jury come to in regards to Danny serving a life sentence or receiving the death penalty?
(a) They decide to go to Disney Land
(b) Life sentence
(c) Death penalty
(d) They cannot reach a decision
4. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
(b) The district attorney
(c) Harry Rex
5. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(a) The local sheriff
(b) Mr. Caudle
(d) Harry Rex
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
2. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
3. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
4. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
5. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
2. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
3. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
4. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
5. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
6. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
7. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
8. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
9. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
10. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)