|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Grocery store
(b) Shoe store
(c) Hog farm
(d) Parts store
2. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
(a) About the rape and murder
(b) About the Padgitt family history
(c) About Rhonda's life and troubles
(d) About Danny Padgitt's past offenses
3. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
4. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The freedom
(b) The ability to make your own hours
(c) The money
(d) The ability to choose your own stories
5. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(b) Ran off the road
(c) Beaten almost to death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
2. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
3. What happens to The Ford County Times?
4. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
5. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
2. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
3. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
4. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
5. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
6. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
8. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
9. What happens in Chapter 15 between Rhonda and Willie.
10. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)