|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
(a) A traffic ticket
(b) To get the weekly police reports
(c) The bail hearing
2. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
(d) War stories
3. Where is the sniper located?
(a) Top of the courthouse
(b) Top of the library
(c) Inside a car
(d) On a park bench
4. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
(a) Basketball games
(b) Honor student role
(c) Football games
(d) Band competitions
5. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His camera
(b) His cell phone
(c) His gun
(d) The keys to his safe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
2. Who tells Willie and his photographer the story?
3. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
4. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
5. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
2. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
3. Describe the murder that takes place in Chapter 37.
4. What do Lenny Fargarson and Willie talk about in Chapter 34?
5. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
6. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
7. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
8. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
9. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
10. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)