|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Rex invite Willie to come to?
(a) A goat roast
(b) A muddin' party
(c) A creek party
(d) A small dance
2. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
(a) The judge
(b) Esau Riffen
(c) The district attorney
(d) Mr. Caudle
3. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Grocery store
(b) Parts store
(c) Hog farm
(d) Shoe store
4. Who is the first witness called when the trial begins?
(a) Rhonda's neighbor
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Sheriff Coley
5. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
(a) Call once a week
(b) Write once a month to their motherc
(c) Send home money
(d) Write once a week to their mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
2. Who is the second witness called?
3. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
4. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
5. What does Harry Rex give Willie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
2. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
4. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
5. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
6. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
7. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 28 when Willie goes to play poker with Bubba and Bubba's friends.
9. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
10. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)