|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verdict does the jury come to in regards to Danny serving a life sentence or receiving the death penalty?
(a) They decide to go to Disney Land
(b) Death penalty
(c) Life sentence
(d) They cannot reach a decision
2. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(b) Harry Rex
(c) The local sheriff
(d) Mr. Caudle
3. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
(a) To Callin Ruffin's for lunch
(b) To his place
(c) To Rhonda's house
(d) To her hotel
4. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Danny Padgitt's trial
(b) Willie's life
(c) Willie's soul
(d) Willie's health
5. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
3. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
4. Who is the first witness called when the trial begins?
5. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
2. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
3. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
4. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
5. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
6. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
7. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
8. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
9. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
10. What happens in Chapter 15 between Rhonda and Willie.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)