|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(b) It is about time
(c) That he always looks dead
(d) That he has sleep apnea
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
(c) The district attorney
(d) Harry Rex
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Willie's life
(b) Danny Padgitt's trial
(c) Willie's soul
(d) Willie's health
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(a) Beaten almost to death
(b) Ran off the road
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Working for world news
(b) Traveling the world as a journalist
(c) Coving the war efforts
(d) Working in politics
Short Answer Questions
1. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
2. Who is called as a witness that gives a very upsetting testimony?
3. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
4. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
5. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Willie has with the people looking to buy his paper in Chapter 36.
2. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
3. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
4. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
5. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
6. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
7. Describe the reaction when Willie learns that Danny Padgitt's parole hearing is to be held the next day in Chapter 33.
8. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
9. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
10. Summarize the conversation that Willie has with Callie in Chapter 37.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)