|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His gun
(b) His cell phone
(c) His camera
(d) The keys to his safe
2. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
(a) The local bank
(b) His grandmother
(c) His trust fund
(d) His college friend
3. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
4. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Had a heat stroke
(b) High blood pressure
(c) Low blood sugar
(d) Hadn't eaten
5. What does the district attorney ask that they do for the murder trial?
(a) Move the trial to a different state
(b) Pull the death sentence off the table
(c) Have a mock trial
(d) Enlarge the jury pool
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willie describe the newspaper office?
2. Who is murdered in a nearby county?
3. What is Willie told in reference to how Danny is most likely being treated while in jail?
4. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
5. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
2. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
3. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
4. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
5. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
6. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
7. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
8. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
9. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
10. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)