|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
(a) Band competitions
(b) Honor student role
(c) Football games
(d) Basketball games
2. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
(a) That Danny is hard to like
(b) That Willie won't stop
(c) That the Rhonda girl had what was comming to her
(d) That Danny is guilty
3. Who makes fun of Willie's new wardrobe?
(b) Harry Rex
(d) Wiley Meek
4. What happens that Willie is able to cover and helps his newspaper grow?
(a) Vietnam war
(b) The price of milk goes up
(d) A riot in Memphis
5. Why does Baggy say the family has decided to leave the trial in their hometown?
(a) So that Danny will be closer to home
(b) They don't have the money to go through all the steps
(c) They can drive to the trial easier
(d) They can buy the jury there
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
2. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
3. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
4. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
5. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
2. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
3. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
4. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
5. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
6. What is Willie's response when he learns that a young man from Ford county has been killed in the Vietnam war in Chapter 28?
7. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
8. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
9. Describe the letters that Willie receives after the trial.
10. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)