|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Low blood sugar
(b) High blood pressure
(c) Had a heat stroke
(d) Hadn't eaten
2. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
(a) He would get back home
(b) His friends were going to die
(c) They were going to win the war
(d) He was going to die
3. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
4. What does the Sheriff say he is thankful he didn't do?
(a) Work for the Padgitts
(c) Serve on the Padgitt trial jury
(d) Speak out against Danny Padgitt
5. What does Baggy say surprised him?
(a) That people like that were still around
(b) That the Padgitts didn't come and kill Willie themselves
(c) That the bomb didn't go off
(d) That the bomb wasnt' at Willie's home
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
2. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
3. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
4. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
5. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
2. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
3. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
4. What do Bubba and his friends talk about in Chapter 30 while they are playing poker?
5. Describe the events that take place in Chapter 35 regarding the town council meeting and the Bargain City store that they are voting on opening.
6. Describe what happens after Callie's last heart attack in Chapter 44?
7. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
8. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
9. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
10. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)