|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A letter from Ginger
(b) A threat from the Padgitts
(c) A lottery ticket
(d) Letters to the editor
2. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(a) In his Volkswagen
(b) On a Greyhound bus
(c) Took a cab
3. What happens to The Ford County Times?
(a) The owner has a heart attack
(b) It goes bankrupt
(c) It gets sued
(d) It burns down
4. Who makes fun of Willie's new wardrobe?
(a) Wiley Meek
(c) Harry Rex
5. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
2. What does Baggy say surprised him?
3. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
4. What is Willie told in reference to how Danny is most likely being treated while in jail?
5. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
2. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
3. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
4. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
5. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
6. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
7. Describe what happens to Willie and his living situation in Chapter 29
8. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
9. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
10. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)