|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baggy say surprised him?
(a) That the bomb wasnt' at Willie's home
(b) That the Padgitts didn't come and kill Willie themselves
(c) That people like that were still around
(d) That the bomb didn't go off
2. What verdict does the jury come to in regards to Danny serving a life sentence or receiving the death penalty?
(a) They cannot reach a decision
(b) Life sentence
(c) They decide to go to Disney Land
(d) Death penalty
3. What does Willie's next story focus on?
(a) The crime scene
(b) The treatment Danny is receiving in jail
(c) Rhonda's children
(d) The sheriff and his connection with the family
4. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Hadn't eaten
(b) Low blood sugar
(c) High blood pressure
(d) Had a heat stroke
5. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
2. What does the Sheriff say he is thankful he didn't do?
3. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
4. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
5. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
2. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
3. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
4. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
5. Describe what happens after Malcolm Vince is murdered in Chapter 22.
6. What happens in Chapter 15 between Rhonda and Willie.
7. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
8. What is Willie's response when he learns that a young man from Ford county has been killed in the Vietnam war in Chapter 28?
9. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
10. Describe Willie's new look that he puts into play in Chapter 21.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)