|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sniper wearing when found?
(b) A dress
(c) A business suit
(d) His pajamas
2. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Low blood sugar
(b) Hadn't eaten
(c) High blood pressure
(d) Had a heat stroke
3. What does Harry Rex invite Willie to come to?
(a) A creek party
(b) A small dance
(c) A muddin' party
(d) A goat roast
4. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
(a) To Rhonda's house
(b) To Callin Ruffin's for lunch
(c) To her hotel
(d) To his place
5. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A threat from the Padgitts
(b) Letters to the editor
(c) A lottery ticket
(d) A letter from Ginger
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
2. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
3. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
4. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
5. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
2. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
3. Describe what happens after Malcolm Vince is murdered in Chapter 22.
4. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
5. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
6. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
7. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
8. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
9. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 28 when Willie goes to play poker with Bubba and Bubba's friends.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)