|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Baggy say that Callie will be chosen as a juror?
(a) Callie was a smart woman
(b) Blacks were thought to be more sympathetic to criminals
(c) Blacks were easy to manipulate
(d) Blacks were to uneducated to know
2. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Danny Padgitt's trial
(b) Willie's soul
(c) Willie's life
(d) Willie's health
3. Who is the second witness called?
(a) Rhonda's sister
(b) Rhonda's neighbor
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Rhonda's children
4. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(b) Callie Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Traveling the world as a journalist
(b) Working for world news
(c) Coving the war efforts
(d) Working in politics
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the newspaper after Willie's second story in Chapter 6?
2. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
3. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
4. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
5. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
2. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
3. What happens when Willie goes to Callie's house in Chapter 29?
4. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
5. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
6. Describe the letters that Willie receives after the trial.
7. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
8. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
9. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
10. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)