|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
(a) Band competitions
(b) Football games
(c) Basketball games
(d) Honor student role
2. What piece of evidence is presented that had belonged to Danny Padgitt?
(a) His knife
(b) His bloody shirt
(c) His bloody blue jeans
(d) His blood soaked shoes
3. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
(a) Teaching degrees
(c) Three figure salaries
4. How does Willie describe the newspaper office?
(a) Run down and falling apart
(b) Smelly and in need of new paint
(c) Old and cluttered
5. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
(a) The judge
(b) Mr. Caudle
(c) Esau Riffen
(d) The district attorney
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
2. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
3. What happens when the sniper is caught?
4. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
5. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
2. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
3. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
4. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
5. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
6. Describe the letters that Willie receives after the trial.
7. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
8. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
9. Describe Willie's newspaper article about Rhonda's rape and murder in Chapter 5
10. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)