|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
(a) American flags
2. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
(a) Stolen vehicles
(b) Government contraband
3. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Working for world news
(b) Coving the war efforts
(c) Working in politics
(d) Traveling the world as a journalist
4. What does Harry Rex invite Willie to come to?
(a) A goat roast
(b) A muddin' party
(c) A creek party
(d) A small dance
5. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
(a) Make Willie leave town
(b) Kill Willie
(c) Draw attention away from Danny
(d) Intimidate the paper
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the newspaper after Willie's second story in Chapter 6?
2. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
3. What happens when the sniper is caught?
4. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
5. What does the district attorney ask that they do for the murder trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
2. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
3. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
4. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
5. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
6. Describe what happens after Malcolm Vince is murdered in Chapter 22.
7. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
8. Describe the letters that Willie receives after the trial.
9. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
10. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)