|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
(a) War stories
2. What piece of evidence is presented that had belonged to Danny Padgitt?
(a) His bloody blue jeans
(b) His bloody shirt
(c) His blood soaked shoes
(d) His knife
3. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
4. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
(a) Spits on the judge
(b) Threatens the district attorney
(c) Threatens the jury
(d) Threatens Willie
5. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His cell phone
(b) His gun
(c) His camera
(d) The keys to his safe
Short Answer Questions
1. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
2. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
3. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
4. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
5. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's reaction to seeing Hank Hooten in Chapter 32?
2. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
3. Describe the goat barbecue that Willie is invited to with Harry Rex.
4. Describe the scene in Chapter 42 when Maxine Root receives the package from her sister.
5. Describe the attack that happens in Chapter 2
6. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
7. Describe what is seen of Danny Padgitt in Chapter 31.
8. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
9. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
10. What does Mrs. Callie say about Mr. Wainwright and his store in Chapter 34?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)