|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie told in reference to how Danny is most likely being treated while in jail?
(a) Living the good life
(b) Having a rough time of it
(c) Sleeping in the detox tank
(d) Like a prince
2. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
(a) Lydia was a floozy
(b) Lydia is a lesbian
(c) Lydia was a drug runner
(d) Lydia was joining a convent
3. What does the defense lawyer say that Willie's story has done?
(a) Made life unbearable for the family
(b) Corrupted the jury pool
(c) Tainted the Padgitt family name
4. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
(a) Picture of a black soldier
(b) A picture of a grieving mother
(c) Bad language
(d) Negative talk about the president
5. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(b) In his Volkswagen
(c) Took a cab
(d) On a Greyhound bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
2. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
3. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
4. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
5. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the election campaign that takes place in Chapter 27.
2. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
3. What does Willie learn about Hank Hooten and his mental condition in Chapter 43?
4. What does Willie and Harry Rex argue over in Chapter 39 in regards to the murders?
5. Give the details of Mo Teale's murder in Chapter 38.
6. Describe the Danny Padgitt parole hearing in Chapter 36.
7. What does Lucien say about Danny's involvement with the murders?
8. Describe the actions of the Padgitts in the beginning of Chapter 32.
9. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
10. Describe the effect it has on Willie when there is a large offer made on his business.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)