|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Willie lose playing poker?
2. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
3. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
4. What happens that Willie is able to cover and helps his newspaper grow?
(a) Vietnam war
(c) A riot in Memphis
(d) The price of milk goes up
5. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
(a) Padgitt Commune
(b) Padgitt Holler
(c) Padgitt Mountain
(d) Padgitt Island
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to The Ford County Times?
2. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
3. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
4. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
5. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Padgitt family do in order to try and stop Willie from printing his news stories?
2. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
3. How are the Padgitt family members described in Chapter 3?
4. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
5. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
6. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 28 when Willie goes to play poker with Bubba and Bubba's friends.
8. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
9. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
10. Describe the news story that Willie runs in Chapter 6 and what happens because of it.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)