|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to get Rhonda's children after her death?
(a) Their grandmother
(b) Their aunt
(c) Their cousin
(d) Their father
2. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
(a) Padgitt Holler
(b) Padgitt Mountain
(c) Padgitt Island
(d) Padgitt Commune
3. How much money does Willie lose playing poker?
4. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
(c) Government contraband
(d) Stolen vehicles
5. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
(a) The children will be called in
(b) The jury will have reasonable doubt
(c) Ginger will be crushed
(d) His paper will be in trouble
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
2. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
3. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
4. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
5. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
2. Describe Lydia Vince's testimony in Chapter 16.
3. What is Willie's response when he learns that a young man from Ford county has been killed in the Vietnam war in Chapter 28?
4. Describe what is known about the sniper in Chapter 25?
5. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
6. What happens between Ginger and Willie in Chapter 18?
7. What does Willie's story in Chapter 9 entail?
8. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
9. Describe what happened to Sam Ruffin.
10. Describe the testimony of Lydia's ex-husband.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)