|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A lottery ticket
(b) A threat from the Padgitts
(c) Letters to the editor
(d) A letter from Ginger
2. Why does Baggy say that Callie will be chosen as a juror?
(a) Blacks were to uneducated to know
(b) Blacks were thought to be more sympathetic to criminals
(c) Blacks were easy to manipulate
(d) Callie was a smart woman
3. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
(a) Less than an hour
(b) Four hours
(c) Two days
(d) Half a day
4. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
(b) High school students
(c) Young men that had been drafted
(d) Parents of those lost in the war
5. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
(a) Padgitt Commune
(b) Padgitt Island
(c) Padgitt Mountain
(d) Padgitt Holler
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie's next story focus on?
2. What does Baggy say surprised him?
3. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
4. Who is called as a witness that gives a very upsetting testimony?
5. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry Rex asks Mr. Durant to forgive Sam for the affair?
2. What happens in Chapter 15 between Rhonda and Willie.
3. Describe Rhonda Kassellaw as she is explained in Chapter 2.
4. Describe the lunch in Chapter 11 at Callie Ruffin's house.
5. Explain Callie's childhood and how she was educated.
6. What happens when Willie and his photographer learn about the murder and rape?
7. Describe Callie's feelings about being picked to be on the jury for the murder trial.
8. What is the response when Willie prints the first installment of the story about the Ruffin family?
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Willie meets Callie Ruffin for the first time.
10. Describe the last day of the trial in Chapter 19 when Danny's punishment is to be decided.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)