|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
2. Who does Willie see at Calico Ridge church?
(a) Hank Hooten
(d) A member of the Padgitt family
3. What does Ollie use while hunting?
(a) Night-vision goggles
(b) Full camo
(c) Bow and arrow
4. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
(a) Danny Padgitt's obituary
(b) Hank Hooten's story
(c) The notice of the sale of the newspaper
(d) Callie's obituary
5. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
(a) Go on a diet
(b) Change churches
(c) Go see Sam
(d) Start exercising
6. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Had taken money from the Padgitts
(b) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(c) Were writting books about the trial
(d) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
7. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
(a) Sheriff Andy Taylor
(b) Governor Terrance Martin
(c) Mayor Thomas McClain
(d) Senator Theo Morton
8. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) The Padgitts
(b) Working on his house
(c) Being alone
9. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
(a) The Padgitts would come back to his town for the trial
(b) The stress might hurt Callie
(c) Danny might be found innocent
(d) Ginger might be called back to the stand
10. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
(a) Harry Rex
11. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The human intrest stories
(b) The name of the paper
(c) The contracts for his writers
(d) The obituary section
12. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Stay close to their sister
(b) Keep their guns in their trucks
(c) Take off their stupid hats
(d) Stay away from Padgitt island
13. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
(a) Danny Padgitt
(b) Crowley the ex-sheriff
(c) The enter Padgitt family
(d) The Padgitt family lawyer
14. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
(a) County Coroner
(b) Danny Padgitt
(c) Lucien Wilbanks
(d) Callie Ruffin
15. What does Willie take as an ominous sign from his first contractor?
(a) The contractor's phone is disconnected
(b) Willie contacts past coustomers who say bad things
(c) The contractor winds up in jail
(d) The contractor looses his car
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
2. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
3. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
4. What does McGrew want Willie to do if they buy the paper?
5. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)