|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
(a) His threats to the jury
(b) The connection between him and the victims
(c) Danny's personality
(d) His past conviction
2. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
(a) Writes a story about it in the paper
(b) Starts a bed and breakfast
(c) Throws a party
(d) Buys all new furniture
3. What is the name of the big store coming to Clayton?
(a) More for Less
(c) Bargain City
(d) Stuff Mart
4. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
(a) Padgitt's car
(b) The other jurors
(c) Various buildings
(d) Lucien's law office windows
5. What does Willie take as an ominous sign from his first contractor?
(a) The contractor's phone is disconnected
(b) The contractor winds up in jail
(c) Willie contacts past coustomers who say bad things
(d) The contractor looses his car
6. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(a) Member of the victim's family
(c) Stand in for the sheriff
7. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(c) Harry Rex
8. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
9. What has Callie's house become?
(a) A reminder that the jurors are hunted
(c) A haven
(d) A prison
10. What does McGrew want Willie to do if they buy the paper?
(a) A chicken dance
(b) Stay on for a year to train the new editor
(c) Leave town
(d) Keep the sell quiet
11. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
(a) A lung collapses
(b) Another heart attack
(c) Cancer is found
(d) Another stroke
12. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
(c) Sam Ruffin
(d) Danny Padgitt
13. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) 10 million
(b) 1.2 million
(c) A hundred thousand
(d) Can't really say
14. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
(a) Reverand Thurston Small
(b) Sheriff McNaught
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Fargarson
15. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
(a) Harry Rex's girlfriend
(b) The secrete of the goat roast
(c) The back room at Pepe's
(d) Danny Padgitt's trial
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
3. Where does Willie recognize Lenny Fargarson from?
4. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
5. Where does Willie go to cry?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)