|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callie get out of her closet?
(a) A scrap of paper
(b) A leather bound journal
(c) A paperback book
(d) Spiral notebook
2. Who does Willie see at Calico Ridge church?
(b) Hank Hooten
(c) A member of the Padgitt family
3. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(a) Mr. John Deere
(b) Big Smith
(d) Farmer Man
4. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
(a) Crowley the ex-sheriff
(b) The enter Padgitt family
(c) The Padgitt family lawyer
(d) Danny Padgitt
5. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(b) Member of the victim's family
(c) Stand in for the sheriff
6. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
7. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
(a) Lenny's illness
(b) Danny Padgitt's eventual parole
(c) Padgitt family
(d) The Vietnam war
8. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The human intrest stories
(b) The contracts for his writers
(c) The obituary section
(d) The name of the paper
9. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(a) Tree Hugger
10. What does Willie do after receiving death threats?
(a) Puts new locks on all the doors
(c) Buys a guard dog
(d) Calls the FBI
11. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) A ride back into town
(b) Harry Rex's number
(c) His story about Lenny's accident
(d) A list of jurors
12. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He is worried for Callie
(b) He finds it funny
(c) He is angry with the boys
(d) He begins to cry
13. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
(b) A press confrence
(c) An election in Ford County
(d) Danny Padgitt's release
14. What is Lucien's one condition for bringing Danny Padgitt in?
(a) Immediate bail hearing
(b) No press allowed
(c) The Padgitts are allowed to stay in town
(d) Danny would be treated well
15. What does Willie take as an ominous sign from his first contractor?
(a) Willie contacts past coustomers who say bad things
(b) The contractor looses his car
(c) The contractor's phone is disconnected
(d) The contractor winds up in jail
Short Answer Questions
1. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
2. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
3. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
4. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
5. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)