|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) The jurors will move out of town
(b) Padgitt will go straight to jail
(c) A war between cops and the Padgitts
(d) The town will have FBI there
2. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
(a) Harry Rex
(c) Callie Ruffin
3. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
4. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
(a) Crowley the ex-sheriff
(b) The Padgitt family lawyer
(c) The enter Padgitt family
(d) Danny Padgitt
5. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(a) Tree Hugger
6. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Had taken money from the Padgitts
(b) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(c) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
(d) Were writting books about the trial
7. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) His story about Lenny's accident
(b) A list of jurors
(c) Harry Rex's number
(d) A ride back into town
8. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
(a) Snake handling
(b) Being the Padgitt's church
(c) Being rude
(d) Speaking in tongues
9. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
(a) Padgitt family
(b) Lenny's illness
(c) The Vietnam war
(d) Danny Padgitt's eventual parole
10. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) The Padgitt lawyer
(c) Five of the jurors
(d) Sam Ruffin
11. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
(a) Let him get a picture of the family
(b) Have a party
(c) Stay with him in his home
(d) Got out to eat with him
12. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
(b) Callie Ruffin
(c) Wiley Meek
(d) Harry Rex
13. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
(a) Senator Theo Morton
(b) Governor Terrance Martin
(c) Mayor Thomas McClain
(d) Sheriff Andy Taylor
14. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
(a) Willie is going back home to care for his grandmother
(b) Willie wants to get married
(c) He is leaving Clayton
(d) He sold the paper
15. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He had been polite
(b) He was in such pain because of his accident
(c) They had prayed together
(d) He loved his parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie give Mrs. Callie when they have lunch?
2. What is supposedly in the box that came from Maxine Root's sister?
3. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
4. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
5. What is Paster Cooper's sermon about in Chapter 34?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)