|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Callie's house become?
(b) A reminder that the jurors are hunted
(c) A haven
(d) A prison
2. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Stay close to their sister
(b) Take off their stupid hats
(c) Keep their guns in their trucks
(d) Stay away from Padgitt island
3. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
(a) The back room at Pepe's
(b) Harry Rex's girlfriend
(c) The secrete of the goat roast
(d) Danny Padgitt's trial
4. What is Paster Cooper's sermon about in Chapter 34?
(b) Ten Commandments
(c) Social drinking
(d) Tolerance and love
5. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
(a) County Coroner
(b) Danny Padgitt
(c) Lucien Wilbanks
(d) Callie Ruffin
6. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
(a) Attend the funeral
(c) Go to the new shopping store
(d) Put out an add for a body guard
7. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
8. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Fargarson
(b) Reverand Thurston Small
(d) Sheriff McNaught
9. What does Willie say they will have to give if they want the paper?
(a) 1.2 million plus a job for Sam Ruffin
(b) 1 million plus a permanent office for Willie to stay in
(c) 1.5 million
(d) 2 million
10. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) Harry Rex's number
(b) His story about Lenny's accident
(c) A ride back into town
(d) A list of jurors
11. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
(b) Danny Padgitt's release
(c) A press confrence
(d) An election in Ford County
12. Who is killed at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) Harry Rex
(b) Wiley Meek
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Lenny Fargarson
13. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(a) Mr. John Deere
(c) Big Smith
(d) Farmer Man
14. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(b) Callie Ruffin
(d) Sam Ruffin
15. What does Harry Rex tell Willie to do?
(a) Take the money
(b) Keep the paper
(c) Get out of Clayton
(d) Marry Harry Rex's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say he is tired of?
2. What is about to happen to Lucien due to an unrelated case?
3. What does Ollie call his late night 'varmit' hunting?
4. What does Willie say he is losing interest in?
5. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)