|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paster Cooper's sermon about in Chapter 34?
(a) Social drinking
(b) Tolerance and love
(c) Ten Commandments
2. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
(a) Sam Ruffin
(b) Danny Padgitt
3. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) An election in Ford County
(b) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
(c) A press confrence
(d) Danny Padgitt's release
4. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Take off their stupid hats
(b) Keep their guns in their trucks
(c) Stay away from Padgitt island
(d) Stay close to their sister
5. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The name of the paper
(b) The obituary section
(c) The contracts for his writers
(d) The human intrest stories
6. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) 1.2 million
(b) A hundred thousand
(c) 10 million
(d) Can't really say
7. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He is worried for Callie
(b) He finds it funny
(c) He begins to cry
(d) He is angry with the boys
8. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
(a) Starts a bed and breakfast
(b) Throws a party
(c) Writes a story about it in the paper
(d) Buys all new furniture
9. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
10. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
(b) To the mental institution
(c) To talk to a shrink
(d) To the office
11. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
(a) Willie is going back home to care for his grandmother
(b) He is leaving Clayton
(c) Willie wants to get married
(d) He sold the paper
12. What does Willie do after receiving death threats?
(a) Calls the FBI
(b) Puts new locks on all the doors
(c) Buys a guard dog
13. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
(a) Go to the new shopping store
(c) Attend the funeral
(d) Put out an add for a body guard
14. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) Moral conduct
(b) First Amendment
(c) State Law
(d) Second Amendment
15. Who does Willie see at Calico Ridge church?
(b) A member of the Padgitt family
(d) Hank Hooten
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
2. Where does Willie go to cry?
3. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
4. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
5. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)