|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
(a) A chewed up cigar
(b) Foot prints
(d) The gun used
2. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) A war between cops and the Padgitts
(b) The jurors will move out of town
(c) The town will have FBI there
(d) Padgitt will go straight to jail
3. What does Willie do after receiving death threats?
(b) Buys a guard dog
(c) Calls the FBI
(d) Puts new locks on all the doors
4. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
(a) Danny's personality
(b) His past conviction
(c) His threats to the jury
(d) The connection between him and the victims
5. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Passed away
(b) Divorced twice
(c) Had a stroke
(d) Went out of business
6. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(d) Tree Hugger
7. What does Willie tell Harry Rex he is thinking about doing?
(a) Moving from Ford County
(c) Going to Padgitt island
(d) Selling the paper
8. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(b) Stealin' cars
(c) Bribbing law officials
(d) Murdering women
9. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
(a) Five of the jurors
(b) The Padgitt lawyer
(c) Sam Ruffin
(d) Callie Ruffin
10. What does Ollie use while hunting?
(a) Night-vision goggles
(c) Bow and arrow
(d) Full camo
11. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(a) Sam Ruffin
(b) Callie Ruffin
12. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
(a) Lucien Wilbanks
(b) Callie Ruffin
(c) County Coroner
(d) Danny Padgitt
13. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(b) Minimum secrutiy prison
(c) Federal prison
(d) Work camp
14. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
(a) The Padgitts would come back to his town for the trial
(b) Danny might be found innocent
(c) The stress might hurt Callie
(d) Ginger might be called back to the stand
15. What is Lucien's one condition for bringing Danny Padgitt in?
(a) The Padgitts are allowed to stay in town
(b) Immediate bail hearing
(c) No press allowed
(d) Danny would be treated well
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
2. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
3. What does Harry Rex tell Willie to do?
4. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
5. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)