|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) The jurors will move out of town
(b) Padgitt will go straight to jail
(c) A war between cops and the Padgitts
(d) The town will have FBI there
2. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(b) Being alone
(c) The Padgitts
(d) Working on his house
3. What does Callie get out of her closet?
(a) A paperback book
(b) Spiral notebook
(c) A leather bound journal
(d) A scrap of paper
4. What does Willie say they will have to give if they want the paper?
(a) 1.2 million plus a job for Sam Ruffin
(b) 1 million plus a permanent office for Willie to stay in
(c) 1.5 million
(d) 2 million
5. What does Willie say he is losing interest in?
(a) The newspaper business
(b) Being in a small town
(c) The drama
(d) Journalism as a vocation
6. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
(a) Start exercising
(b) Go on a diet
(c) Change churches
(d) Go see Sam
7. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) State Law
(b) First Amendment
(c) Second Amendment
(d) Moral conduct
8. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(a) To have something to write about
(c) A need to be heard
9. What is supposedly in the box that came from Maxine Root's sister?
10. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
(a) Talk about the parole hearing to his friends
(b) Contact the victim's family
(c) Cover the parole hearing in the paper
(d) Talk to the defendant
11. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(a) Sam Ruffin
(c) Callie Ruffin
12. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
(a) Foot prints
(b) A chewed up cigar
(d) The gun used
13. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
(a) Put out an add for a body guard
(b) Attend the funeral
(d) Go to the new shopping store
14. What does Willie say that he and the paper had done together?
(c) Fought for the truth
(d) Made a name in Ford County
15. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
(a) Cancer is found
(b) Another heart attack
(c) A lung collapses
(d) Another stroke
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
2. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
3. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
4. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
5. What does the mayor ban?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)