|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
(a) Highway construction
(c) Food transportation
2. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) Sam Ruffin
3. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
(a) Cancer is found
(b) Another heart attack
(c) A lung collapses
(d) Another stroke
4. What is about to happen to Lucien due to an unrelated case?
(a) Have surgery
(c) Go to jail
(d) Loose his practice
5. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
(a) Danny Padgitt
(b) A young woman
(c) Three armed men
(d) Two white teenagers
6. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(a) Stand in for the sheriff
(c) Member of the victim's family
7. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Passed away
(b) Went out of business
(c) Had a stroke
(d) Divorced twice
8. What does Lucien Willbanks specifically say about Willie in regards to the meeting?
(a) Willie is not invited
(b) Willie is not to know about it
(c) Willie is not to print any information
(d) Willie is to bring cookies
9. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Take off their stupid hats
(b) Stay close to their sister
(c) Stay away from Padgitt island
(d) Keep their guns in their trucks
10. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The human intrest stories
(b) The name of the paper
(c) The contracts for his writers
(d) The obituary section
11. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) 10 million
(b) A hundred thousand
(c) Can't really say
(d) 1.2 million
12. Who is killed at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) Wiley Meek
(b) Lenny Fargarson
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Harry Rex
13. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He is worried for Callie
(b) He begins to cry
(c) He finds it funny
(d) He is angry with the boys
14. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
(b) Danny Padgitt's release
(c) A press confrence
(d) An election in Ford County
15. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
(a) Crowley the ex-sheriff
(b) Danny Padgitt
(c) The Padgitt family lawyer
(d) The enter Padgitt family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say they will have to give if they want the paper?
2. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
3. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
4. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
5. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)