Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
(a) Another heart attack
(b) Another stroke
(c) A lung collapses
(d) Cancer is found
2. What is Callie Ruffin doing when Willie arrives at her house?
(a) Shelling butter beans
(b) Frying squash
(d) Canning tomatoes
3. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
(a) As if it would sell papers
(b) Like an obituary
(c) Like it was only mildly interesting
(d) Like no one cared
4. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
(a) Crowley the ex-sheriff
(b) Danny Padgitt
(c) The enter Padgitt family
(d) The Padgitt family lawyer
5. What does the state trooper find in the car filled with high school students hours after graduation?
6. Where do the Ruffin children go to stay the night while Callie is in the hospital?
(b) Back to their homes
(c) Callie's home
(d) Willie's house
7. What does Esau bring outside with him?
(b) Double barrel shot gun
(d) A book
8. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
(a) Her address
(b) Danny's address
(c) Darla's mother's address
(d) Her phone number
9. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
(a) Harry Rex
10. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(b) A need to be heard
(c) To have something to write about
11. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) The town will have FBI there
(b) A war between cops and the Padgitts
(c) Padgitt will go straight to jail
(d) The jurors will move out of town
12. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) Working on his house
(b) Being alone
(c) The Padgitts
13. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Fargarson
(c) Sheriff McNaught
(d) Reverand Thurston Small
14. What does Ollie use while hunting?
(a) Full camo
(b) Night-vision goggles
(c) Bow and arrow
15. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) 10 million
(b) 1.2 million
(c) A hundred thousand
(d) Can't really say
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
2. What does Willie say he is losing interest in?
3. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
4. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
5. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)