|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
(a) Lucien Wilbanks
(b) Danny Padgitt
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) County Coroner
2. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) Working on his house
(b) The Padgitts
(d) Being alone
3. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
(a) Governor Terrance Martin
(b) Senator Theo Morton
(c) Mayor Thomas McClain
(d) Sheriff Andy Taylor
4. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
(a) Slashes the tractor tires
(b) Partially drains oil from the tractor
(c) Sets the barns on fire
(d) Takes the spark plugs from the tractors
5. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(a) Stealin' cars
(b) Murdering women
(d) Bribbing law officials
6. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Had taken money from the Padgitts
(b) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(c) Were writting books about the trial
(d) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
7. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
(a) Hank Hooten's story
(b) Danny Padgitt's obituary
(c) The notice of the sale of the newspaper
(d) Callie's obituary
8. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
9. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
(c) Harry Rex
10. What does Willie say he is losing interest in?
(a) The drama
(b) The newspaper business
(c) Journalism as a vocation
(d) Being in a small town
11. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
(c) Food transportation
(d) Highway construction
12. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) A war between cops and the Padgitts
(b) Padgitt will go straight to jail
(c) The jurors will move out of town
(d) The town will have FBI there
13. Where do the Ruffin children go to stay the night while Callie is in the hospital?
(a) Back to their homes
(b) Callie's home
(c) Willie's house
14. What is Paster Cooper's sermon about in Chapter 34?
(a) Social drinking
(b) Ten Commandments
(d) Tolerance and love
15. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(a) Federal prison
(b) Work camp
(c) Minimum secrutiy prison
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
3. What does Ollie use while hunting?
4. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
5. What is tossed onto the porch of Mr. Youry's house?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)