|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
(b) To the office
(c) To the mental institution
(d) To talk to a shrink
2. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
(a) Harry Rex's number
(b) His story about Lenny's accident
(c) A list of jurors
(d) A ride back into town
3. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
(a) Being the Padgitt's church
(b) Speaking in tongues
(c) Being rude
(d) Snake handling
4. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
(a) Harry Rex
(b) Callie Ruffin
5. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) Working on his house
(c) Being alone
(d) The Padgitts
6. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
(b) Highway construction
(d) Food transportation
7. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
(a) As if it would sell papers
(b) Like it was only mildly interesting
(c) Like no one cared
(d) Like an obituary
8. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
(a) Danny's address
(b) Her address
(c) Darla's mother's address
(d) Her phone number
9. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
(a) Got out to eat with him
(b) Let him get a picture of the family
(c) Stay with him in his home
(d) Have a party
10. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(a) Murdering women
(b) Stealin' cars
(c) Bribbing law officials
11. Who is killed at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) Wiley Meek
(b) Lenny Fargarson
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Harry Rex
12. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
(a) Foot prints
(b) The gun used
(d) A chewed up cigar
13. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(c) Stand in for the sheriff
(d) Member of the victim's family
14. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(a) Sam Ruffin
(d) Callie Ruffin
15. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
(a) Someone who understands him
(d) A good hunting dog
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
2. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
3. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
4. What does Willie say that he and the paper had done together?
5. What does McGrew want Willie to do if they buy the paper?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)