|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Youry's neighbor see running past her back door?
(a) Danny Padgitt
(b) Two white teenagers
(c) Three armed men
(d) A young woman
2. What does the mayor ban?
(c) Talk of the murders
3. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(d) Tree Hugger
4. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
(a) Her address
(b) Danny's address
(c) Her phone number
(d) Darla's mother's address
5. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
(d) Harry Rex
6. What is the name of the big store coming to Clayton?
(a) More for Less
(b) Bargain City
(c) Stuff Mart
7. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) The jurors will move out of town
(b) Padgitt will go straight to jail
(c) The town will have FBI there
(d) A war between cops and the Padgitts
8. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
9. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) Being alone
(c) The Padgitts
(d) Working on his house
10. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
(a) Seventy two
(b) Thirty five
(c) A hundred and six
(d) Eighty eight
11. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He is worried for Callie
(b) He is angry with the boys
(c) He begins to cry
(d) He finds it funny
12. Who speaks out against Danny's parole in Chapter 36?
(c) Sheriff McNatt
(d) Wiley Meek
13. What does Ollie call his late night 'varmit' hunting?
(a) Looking for demons
(c) Gook huntin'
(d) Zipperhead huntin'
14. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
15. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
(a) Willie was having a meeting about the paper
(b) Willie was sitting with Callie Ruffin
(c) Willie didn't know him
(d) Willie was meeting with the sheriff
Short Answer Questions
1. What is about to happen to Lucien due to an unrelated case?
2. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
3. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
4. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
5. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)