|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ollie call his late night 'varmit' hunting?
(b) Gook huntin'
(c) Zipperhead huntin'
(d) Looking for demons
2. Who does Willie wake up to help him go through law books?
(a) Wiley Meek
(c) Esau Ruffin
(d) Harry Rex
3. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He was in such pain because of his accident
(b) They had prayed together
(c) He had been polite
(d) He loved his parents
4. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
(b) Danny Padgitt
(d) Sam Ruffin
5. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
(a) Danny Padgitt's obituary
(b) Hank Hooten's story
(c) Callie's obituary
(d) The notice of the sale of the newspaper
6. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Passed away
(b) Went out of business
(c) Divorced twice
(d) Had a stroke
7. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
(a) The stress might hurt Callie
(b) Danny might be found innocent
(c) Ginger might be called back to the stand
(d) The Padgitts would come back to his town for the trial
8. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(a) Federal prison
(c) Minimum secrutiy prison
(d) Work camp
9. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
(a) Sheriff Andy Taylor
(b) Governor Terrance Martin
(c) Mayor Thomas McClain
(d) Senator Theo Morton
10. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
(a) Being rude
(b) Snake handling
(c) Being the Padgitt's church
(d) Speaking in tongues
11. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
(a) Until the elections were over
(b) Until Callie was better
(c) The killings
(d) Until the paper was fully taken over
12. What does Willie say that he and the paper had done together?
(b) Made a name in Ford County
(d) Fought for the truth
13. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Stay away from Padgitt island
(b) Keep their guns in their trucks
(c) Stay close to their sister
(d) Take off their stupid hats
14. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(b) Were writting books about the trial
(c) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
(d) Had taken money from the Padgitts
15. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
(a) The back room at Pepe's
(b) Danny Padgitt's trial
(c) The secrete of the goat roast
(d) Harry Rex's girlfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
2. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
3. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
4. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
5. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)