|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the big store coming to Clayton?
(b) More for Less
(c) Stuff Mart
(d) Bargain City
2. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
3. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(a) A need to be heard
(d) To have something to write about
4. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
(a) Harry Rex's girlfriend
(b) The back room at Pepe's
(c) Danny Padgitt's trial
(d) The secrete of the goat roast
5. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
(c) Harry Rex
(d) Callie Ruffin
6. What does Callie get out of her closet?
(a) Spiral notebook
(b) A paperback book
(c) A leather bound journal
(d) A scrap of paper
7. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) First Amendment
(b) State Law
(c) Second Amendment
(d) Moral conduct
8. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(b) Had taken money from the Padgitts
(c) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
(d) Were writting books about the trial
9. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(b) Stand in for the sheriff
(c) Member of the victim's family
10. What does Willie say Baggy very well might die of soon?
(a) Drunk driving
(c) Heart attack
(d) Liver poisoning
11. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
(a) Can't really say
(b) 1.2 million
(c) 10 million
(d) A hundred thousand
12. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
(a) Sets the barns on fire
(b) Slashes the tractor tires
(c) Takes the spark plugs from the tractors
(d) Partially drains oil from the tractor
13. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He was in such pain because of his accident
(b) He had been polite
(c) They had prayed together
(d) He loved his parents
14. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
(a) Until the paper was fully taken over
(b) The killings
(c) Until Callie was better
(d) Until the elections were over
15. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
(a) The town will have FBI there
(b) The jurors will move out of town
(c) Padgitt will go straight to jail
(d) A war between cops and the Padgitts
Short Answer Questions
1. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
2. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
3. What does Willie say he is losing interest in?
4. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
5. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)