|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
(b) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
(c) Were writting books about the trial
(d) Had taken money from the Padgitts
2. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
(a) Willie is going back home to care for his grandmother
(b) Willie wants to get married
(c) He is leaving Clayton
(d) He sold the paper
3. Who does Willie wake up to help him go through law books?
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Esau Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
4. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
(a) Have a party
(b) Stay with him in his home
(c) Let him get a picture of the family
(d) Got out to eat with him
5. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Keep their guns in their trucks
(b) Take off their stupid hats
(c) Stay close to their sister
(d) Stay away from Padgitt island
6. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
(a) Eighty eight
(b) Thirty five
(c) Seventy two
(d) A hundred and six
7. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) They had prayed together
(b) He had been polite
(c) He was in such pain because of his accident
(d) He loved his parents
8. What is about to happen to Lucien due to an unrelated case?
(b) Loose his practice
(c) Have surgery
(d) Go to jail
9. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
(b) Food transportation
(c) Highway construction
10. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(a) Member of the victim's family
(c) Stand in for the sheriff
11. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(a) Mr. John Deere
(c) Farmer Man
(d) Big Smith
12. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(a) Stealin' cars
(b) Bribbing law officials
(c) Murdering women
13. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
14. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(a) Work camp
(c) Minimum secrutiy prison
(d) Federal prison
15. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry Rex say will happen if there is another murder soon?
2. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
3. Who is killed at the beginning of Chapter 37?
4. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
5. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)