|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willie see at Calico Ridge church?
(b) A member of the Padgitt family
(c) Hank Hooten
2. What does Willie tell Harry Rex he is thinking about doing?
(a) Selling the paper
(c) Going to Padgitt island
(d) Moving from Ford County
3. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(c) Harry Rex
4. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
(c) Harry Rex
5. What does Willie give Mrs. Callie when they have lunch?
(a) A copy of the paper
(b) A birthday card
(c) Letters from Sam
(d) A copy of Danny's parole hearing
6. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He begins to cry
(b) He is worried for Callie
(c) He is angry with the boys
(d) He finds it funny
7. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
(a) Sam Ruffin
(b) Five of the jurors
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) The Padgitt lawyer
8. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He had been polite
(b) He was in such pain because of his accident
(c) He loved his parents
(d) They had prayed together
9. What does Callie get out of her closet?
(a) A leather bound journal
(b) A scrap of paper
(c) A paperback book
(d) Spiral notebook
10. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
(a) To the mental institution
(c) To talk to a shrink
(d) To the office
11. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(a) Murdering women
(c) Stealin' cars
(d) Bribbing law officials
12. What is the last thing Willie writes for the newspaper?
(a) The notice of the sale of the newspaper
(b) Callie's obituary
(c) Hank Hooten's story
(d) Danny Padgitt's obituary
13. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
(b) Danny Padgitt's release
(c) A press confrence
(d) An election in Ford County
14. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
(a) Willie was meeting with the sheriff
(b) Willie was sitting with Callie Ruffin
(c) Willie was having a meeting about the paper
(d) Willie didn't know him
15. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
(a) Like an obituary
(b) Like no one cared
(c) As if it would sell papers
(d) Like it was only mildly interesting
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
2. How many years does it take the renovators to finish Willie's house?
3. What does Willie do after receiving death threats?
4. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
5. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)