|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
(b) Sam Ruffin
(c) Danny Padgitt
2. How many churches does Willie make a list of in Ford County?
(a) Seventy two
(b) Thirty five
(c) A hundred and six
(d) Eighty eight
3. What was Mo Teale called during the Padgitt trials?
(a) Big Smith
(c) Farmer Man
(d) Mr. John Deere
4. What does Willie know has happened to Mr. Trooper Durant?
(a) Divorced twice
(b) Passed away
(c) Had a stroke
(d) Went out of business
5. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
(a) His past conviction
(b) Danny's personality
(c) The connection between him and the victims
(d) His threats to the jury
6. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
(a) Sets the barns on fire
(b) Takes the spark plugs from the tractors
(c) Slashes the tractor tires
(d) Partially drains oil from the tractor
7. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
(a) Lucien's law office windows
(b) The other jurors
(c) Various buildings
(d) Padgitt's car
8. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He loved his parents
(b) They had prayed together
(c) He was in such pain because of his accident
(d) He had been polite
9. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He finds it funny
(b) He is angry with the boys
(c) He begins to cry
(d) He is worried for Callie
10. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Stay close to their sister
(b) Keep their guns in their trucks
(c) Take off their stupid hats
(d) Stay away from Padgitt island
11. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(b) Member of the victim's family
(c) Stand in for the sheriff
12. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
13. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
(a) Cover the parole hearing in the paper
(b) Contact the victim's family
(c) Talk to the defendant
(d) Talk about the parole hearing to his friends
14. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
(a) To talk to a shrink
(b) To the office
(c) To the mental institution
15. What does Willie give Mrs. Callie when they have lunch?
(a) A copy of Danny's parole hearing
(b) Letters from Sam
(c) A copy of the paper
(d) A birthday card
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
2. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
3. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
4. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
5. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)