|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tossed onto the porch of Mr. Youry's house?
(a) Dead cat
(b) A death threat
(c) Smoke bomb
(d) Black Cat firecrackers
2. What legitimate business do the Padgitts begin buying their way into?
(b) Highway construction
(c) Food transportation
3. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
(a) Starts a bed and breakfast
(b) Buys all new furniture
(c) Throws a party
(d) Writes a story about it in the paper
4. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
(a) Lenny's illness
(b) The Vietnam war
(c) Danny Padgitt's eventual parole
(d) Padgitt family
5. What does Darla leave with Willie before she leaves?
(a) Her phone number
(b) Darla's mother's address
(c) Her address
(d) Danny's address
6. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
(a) A chewed up cigar
(b) Foot prints
(d) The gun used
7. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
(b) A good hunting dog
(d) Someone who understands him
8. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
9. Who is expecting trouble with Danny Padgitt out of jail?
(b) Sam Ruffin
(d) Callie Ruffin
10. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(a) Stealin' cars
(b) Murdering women
(c) Bribbing law officials
11. What does Ollie use while hunting?
(b) Bow and arrow
(c) Night-vision goggles
(d) Full camo
12. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(a) A need to be heard
(d) To have something to write about
13. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
(a) Governor Terrance Martin
(b) Sheriff Andy Taylor
(c) Senator Theo Morton
(d) Mayor Thomas McClain
14. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He finds it funny
(b) He is worried for Callie
(c) He is angry with the boys
(d) He begins to cry
15. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
(a) Being the Padgitt's church
(b) Speaking in tongues
(c) Being rude
(d) Snake handling
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie take as an ominous sign from his first contractor?
2. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
3. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
4. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
5. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)