|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
(a) As if it would sell papers
(b) Like it was only mildly interesting
(c) Like an obituary
(d) Like no one cared
2. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Stay away from Padgitt island
(b) Keep their guns in their trucks
(c) Take off their stupid hats
(d) Stay close to their sister
3. What is Paster Cooper's sermon about in Chapter 34?
(a) Social drinking
(c) Tolerance and love
(d) Ten Commandments
4. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
(a) Talk to the defendant
(b) Contact the victim's family
(c) Cover the parole hearing in the paper
(d) Talk about the parole hearing to his friends
5. Who goes with Willie to check up on Danny Padgitt?
(a) Harry Rex
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
6. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
(a) Willie was having a meeting about the paper
(b) Willie was meeting with the sheriff
(c) Willie was sitting with Callie Ruffin
(d) Willie didn't know him
7. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
(a) Until the paper was fully taken over
(b) The killings
(c) Until Callie was better
(d) Until the elections were over
8. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
(a) Stay with him in his home
(b) Have a party
(c) Let him get a picture of the family
(d) Got out to eat with him
9. Where does Willie go to cry?
(a) His office
(b) Harry Rex's office
(c) The back room at Pepe's
(d) His home
10. What does Willie admit that he started some of his arguments because of?
(b) A need to be heard
(c) To have something to write about
11. What does Callie Ruffin decide to do though Esau and Sam advise against it?
(a) Go to the new shopping store
(b) Attend the funeral
(c) Put out an add for a body guard
12. What does Willie say he is tired of?
(a) The Padgitts
(b) Working on his house
(d) Being alone
13. What is about to happen to Lucien due to an unrelated case?
(a) Have surgery
(b) Loose his practice
(c) Go to jail
14. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The human intrest stories
(b) The name of the paper
(c) The contracts for his writers
(d) The obituary section
15. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) State Law
(b) Moral conduct
(c) Second Amendment
(d) First Amendment
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the big store coming to Clayton?
2. Who is one of the few people that speaks out about getting the big business store in Clayton?
3. What does Willie say they will have to give if they want the paper?
4. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
5. Who does Willie volunteer to tell about the murder?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)