|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie's reaction to the disturbance at Mr. Youry's?
(a) He is angry with the boys
(b) He is worried for Callie
(c) He finds it funny
(d) He begins to cry
2. What is the name of the big store coming to Clayton?
(a) More for Less
(b) Stuff Mart
(c) Bargain City
3. Willie is awakened and informed that what is taking place the next day?
(a) An election in Ford County
(b) Danny Padgitt's release
(c) A press confrence
(d) Danny Padgitt's parole hearing
4. What is the Calico Ridge church known for?
(a) Snake handling
(b) Speaking in tongues
(c) Being the Padgitt's church
(d) Being rude
5. Why did Willie not go to Mo Teale's funeral?
(a) Willie was sitting with Callie Ruffin
(b) Willie didn't know him
(c) Willie was having a meeting about the paper
(d) Willie was meeting with the sheriff
6. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
(a) A good hunting dog
(c) Someone who understands him
7. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
8. What happened to Callie when the shooting began?
(a) Had a stroke
(b) Had a heart attack
(d) Was hit by shrapnel
9. What does Willie give Mrs. Callie when they have lunch?
(a) A copy of Danny's parole hearing
(b) A copy of the paper
(c) A birthday card
(d) Letters from Sam
10. What does Willie insist that Callie's family do while in town?
(a) Have a party
(b) Got out to eat with him
(c) Stay with him in his home
(d) Let him get a picture of the family
11. What does Lucien Willbanks specifically say about Willie in regards to the meeting?
(a) Willie is not to know about it
(b) Willie is not to print any information
(c) Willie is to bring cookies
(d) Willie is not invited
12. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
(a) To talk to a shrink
(b) To the mental institution
(d) To the office
13. What does Harry Rex demand his friends keep quiet?
(a) Danny Padgitt's trial
(b) The back room at Pepe's
(c) Harry Rex's girlfriend
(d) The secrete of the goat roast
14. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
(a) The stress might hurt Callie
(b) The Padgitts would come back to his town for the trial
(c) Danny might be found innocent
(d) Ginger might be called back to the stand
15. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
(a) County Coroner
(b) Lucien Wilbanks
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Callie Ruffin
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McGrew want Willie to do if they buy the paper?
2. What is about to happen to Lucien due to an unrelated case?
3. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
4. What does the mayor ban?
5. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)