|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie do once the house is finished?
(a) Throws a party
(b) Writes a story about it in the paper
(c) Starts a bed and breakfast
(d) Buys all new furniture
2. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
3. Who doesn't come to the hospital?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Fargarson
(c) Sheriff McNaught
(d) Reverand Thurston Small
4. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The human intrest stories
(b) The contracts for his writers
(c) The name of the paper
(d) The obituary section
5. Who does Baggy say took a bribe in order to release Danny Pagitt?
(a) Mayor Thomas McClain
(b) Governor Terrance Martin
(c) Sheriff Andy Taylor
(d) Senator Theo Morton
6. Where does Willie learn that Danny Padgitt has been moved to?
(a) Federal prison
(c) Minimum secrutiy prison
(d) Work camp
7. What does Buckley say is reason enough to suspect Danny Padgitt in the ongoing murder investigation?
(a) His past conviction
(b) His threats to the jury
(c) The connection between him and the victims
(d) Danny's personality
8. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(a) Member of the victim's family
(b) Stand in for the sheriff
9. What is supposedly in the box that came from Maxine Root's sister?
10. Who is killed at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) Danny Padgitt
(b) Lenny Fargarson
(c) Wiley Meek
(d) Harry Rex
11. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
12. What does Harry Rex tell Willie to do?
(a) Take the money
(b) Get out of Clayton
(c) Keep the paper
(d) Marry Harry Rex's sister
13. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
(b) Harry Rex
14. What does Sheriff McNaught say that they got from the woods behind Lenny Fargarson's house?
(b) A chewed up cigar
(c) The gun used
(d) Foot prints
15. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willie see at Calico Ridge church?
2. What does Sheriff McNaught ask Willie for?
3. What happens to Callie in Chapter 44?
4. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
5. Who does Willie lock eyes with when he enters the room for the parole hearing?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)