|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie say that he and the paper had done together?
(b) Made a name in Ford County
(c) Fought for the truth
2. What denomination of church does Willie visit first?
3. What does Sheriff McNaught tell Maxine Root's brothers to do?
(a) Keep their guns in their trucks
(b) Take off their stupid hats
(c) Stay close to their sister
(d) Stay away from Padgitt island
4. What does Bubba say the Padgitts should stick to?
(a) Murdering women
(c) Stealin' cars
(d) Bribbing law officials
5. Who does the Sheriff say he is going to have to talk to?
(a) County Coroner
(b) Danny Padgitt
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) Lucien Wilbanks
6. What does Willie say he will act as for the parole hearing?
(a) Stand in for the sheriff
(b) Member of the victim's family
7. Where does Willie recognize Lenny Fargarson from?
(a) Padgitt's family
(b) Being at a protest
(c) Padgitt's jury
(d) From other churches
8. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
(a) A good hunting dog
(d) Someone who understands him
9. How does Willie treat the closing of the small stores on Main Street?
(a) As if it would sell papers
(b) Like an obituary
(c) Like no one cared
(d) Like it was only mildly interesting
10. What do the Padgitt's NOT smuggle their crops off their island with?
11. Where do the Ruffin children go to stay the night while Callie is in the hospital?
(a) Callie's home
(b) Willie's house
(c) Back to their homes
12. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
(a) Voted for the death penalty for Padgitt
(b) Had taken money from the Padgitts
(c) Were writting books about the trial
(d) Voted against the death penalty for Padgitt
13. Who arrives back in Ford County in Chapter 36?
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Sam Ruffin
14. What does Callie Ruffin say she remembered about the person killed?
(a) He was in such pain because of his accident
(b) He loved his parents
(c) He had been polite
(d) They had prayed together
15. What is Callie Ruffin doing when Willie arrives at her house?
(a) Frying squash
(c) Canning tomatoes
(d) Shelling butter beans
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Willie told his newspaper business is worth?
2. What does Lucien Willbanks specifically say about Willie in regards to the meeting?
3. What does Ollie use while hunting?
4. Who is shot during Danny's bail hearing?
5. What does the shooter begin shooting after the attack in the courtroom?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)