|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willie go to cry?
(a) Harry Rex's office
(b) His office
(c) His home
(d) The back room at Pepe's
2. What does Willie want to be honored if he sells the paper?
(a) The obituary section
(b) The contracts for his writers
(c) The name of the paper
(d) The human intrest stories
3. What has Willie given up the idea of finding in Clayton?
(b) A good hunting dog
(c) Someone who understands him
4. What does Willie tell Harry Rex he is thinking about doing?
(b) Going to Padgitt island
(c) Selling the paper
(d) Moving from Ford County
5. What is Willie called for his views on the new big business coming to Clayton?
(c) Tree Hugger
6. What does the vandal do at Zook's farm?
(a) Sets the barns on fire
(b) Takes the spark plugs from the tractors
(c) Partially drains oil from the tractor
(d) Slashes the tractor tires
7. What does the mayor ban?
(d) Talk of the murders
8. Who does Willie see at Calico Ridge church?
(a) A member of the Padgitt family
(c) Hank Hooten
9. What has Willie put off telling Callie?
(a) Willie wants to get married
(b) Willie is going back home to care for his grandmother
(c) He sold the paper
(d) He is leaving Clayton
10. Who speaks out against Danny's parole in Chapter 36?
(b) Wiley Meek
(d) Sheriff McNatt
11. What does Willie do after receiving death threats?
(a) Calls the FBI
(b) Buys a guard dog
(c) Puts new locks on all the doors
12. How many people is Willie able to find to go with him to the parole hearing of Danny Padgitt?
13. What does Harry Rex say that the parole board's private meeting rules were in clear contradiction of?
(a) Second Amendment
(b) First Amendment
(c) State Law
(d) Moral conduct
14. Why is Willie worried that Danny might be allowed another trial?
(a) Ginger might be called back to the stand
(b) The Padgitts would come back to his town for the trial
(c) The stress might hurt Callie
(d) Danny might be found innocent
15. What is Willie told he cannot do after he leaves the parole hearing?
(a) Talk to the defendant
(b) Talk about the parole hearing to his friends
(c) Cover the parole hearing in the paper
(d) Contact the victim's family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie go after Hank Hooten kills himself?
2. What does Willie say makes it impossible for him to leave town?
3. What are Lenny and his parents seemingly worried about?
4. What does Willie learn the murder victims had in common?
5. What does Mrs. Callie finally decide to do?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)