|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
(a) Kill Willie
(b) Make Willie leave town
(c) Draw attention away from Danny
(d) Intimidate the paper
2. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
(a) He will wait on Sam with a gun
(b) He has Alzheimers and can't remember
(c) Which affair was that
(d) He has forgiven Sam
3. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A letter from Ginger
(b) A threat from the Padgitts
(c) A lottery ticket
(d) Letters to the editor
4. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
(a) The bad road construction
(b) How inbred the Padgitts are
(c) How corrupt Sheriff Coley has become
(d) How rediculous Lydia's testimony was
5. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
6. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
(a) The assassination of the president
(d) The end of the war
7. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
(a) Two days
(b) Half a day
(c) Four hours
(d) Less than an hour
8. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Willie's soul
(b) Willie's life
(c) Danny Padgitt's trial
(d) Willie's health
9. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
(a) Lydia was a floozy
(b) Lydia was a drug runner
(c) Lydia is a lesbian
(d) Lydia was joining a convent
10. What does Piston discover?
(a) A bomb
(b) A severed finger
(c) A bottle of moonshine
(d) A death threat
11. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
(b) Harry Rex
(d) The district attorney
12. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
(d) War stories
13. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Esau Ruffin
14. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
(a) Write once a week to their mother
(b) Write once a month to their motherc
(c) Send home money
(d) Call once a week
15. Where is the sniper located?
(a) On a park bench
(b) Inside a car
(c) Top of the courthouse
(d) Top of the library
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
2. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
3. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
4. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
5. How much money does Willie lose playing poker?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)