|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
(a) Kill Willie
(b) Intimidate the paper
(c) Draw attention away from Danny
(d) Make Willie leave town
2. What does the Sheriff say he is thankful he didn't do?
(b) Speak out against Danny Padgitt
(c) Serve on the Padgitt trial jury
(d) Work for the Padgitts
3. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
(a) To her hotel
(b) To Callin Ruffin's for lunch
(c) To Rhonda's house
(d) To his place
4. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
(c) American flags
5. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The ability to choose your own stories
(b) The money
(c) The ability to make your own hours
(d) The freedom
6. Why does Baggy say that Callie will be chosen as a juror?
(a) Blacks were to uneducated to know
(b) Blacks were thought to be more sympathetic to criminals
(c) Callie was a smart woman
(d) Blacks were easy to manipulate
7. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
(a) Rhonda's life story
(b) The story of crooked politicians
(c) The Padgitt family story
(d) The Ruffin family story
8. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
(a) Find out where Lydia lives
(b) Find out who her husband is
(c) Figure out who gave her money
(d) Prove Lydia is lying
9. What happens that Willie is able to cover and helps his newspaper grow?
(a) A riot in Memphis
(b) The price of milk goes up
(d) Vietnam war
10. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
(a) Half a day
(b) Four hours
(c) Two days
(d) Less than an hour
11. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(b) It is about time
(c) That he has sleep apnea
(d) That he always looks dead
12. What does Piston discover?
(a) A bomb
(b) A severed finger
(c) A bottle of moonshine
(d) A death threat
13. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
(a) Harry Rex
(c) Esau Ruffin
(d) Callie Ruffin
14. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(b) Unemployment rate
(d) The Padgitt family trials
15. What does Willie hear while in his office?
(a) Police sirens
(b) A bomb going off
(c) Gun shots
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
2. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
3. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
4. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
5. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)