|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(c) Callie Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
2. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(b) Blood and alcohol
(c) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
(d) Blood and his angry voice
3. What happens to the newspaper after Willie's second story in Chapter 6?
(a) Willie is forced to add another reporter
(b) The paper gets sued
(c) They sell out of papers
(d) The revenue doubles
4. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
(a) To stop gossip
(b) To make it harder to buy a jury
(c) To make it harder for Danny to escape
(d) To keep word of the trial from leaking out
5. What does the defense lawyer say that Willie's story has done?
(b) Tainted the Padgitt family name
(c) Corrupted the jury pool
(d) Made life unbearable for the family
6. Who is the second witness called?
(a) Rhonda's children
(b) Rhonda's sister
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Rhonda's neighbor
7. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Willie's life
(b) Danny Padgitt's trial
(c) Willie's health
(d) Willie's soul
8. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Working for world news
(b) Working in politics
(c) Coving the war efforts
(d) Traveling the world as a journalist
9. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
(a) Danny Padgitt is having mug shots taken
(b) The sheriff is asleep
(c) Danny Padgitt is being released
(d) Danny Padgitt is being fingerprinted
10. Why does Baggy say the family has decided to leave the trial in their hometown?
(a) They don't have the money to go through all the steps
(b) So that Danny will be closer to home
(c) They can drive to the trial easier
(d) They can buy the jury there
11. What happens that Willie is able to cover and helps his newspaper grow?
(b) Vietnam war
(c) A riot in Memphis
(d) The price of milk goes up
12. What piece of evidence is presented that had belonged to Danny Padgitt?
(a) His bloody shirt
(b) His bloody blue jeans
(c) His knife
(d) His blood soaked shoes
13. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(b) Unemployment rate
(c) The Padgitt family trials
14. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
(a) His grandmother
(b) His college friend
(c) His trust fund
(d) The local bank
15. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(a) Harry Rex
(c) Mr. Caudle
(d) The local sheriff
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
2. Why does Baggy say that Callie will be chosen as a juror?
3. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
4. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
5. How does Willie describe the newspaper office?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)