|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(b) It is about time
(c) That he always looks dead
(d) That he has sleep apnea
2. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
(c) The district attorney
(d) Harry Rex
3. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Willie's life
(b) Danny Padgitt's trial
(c) Willie's soul
(d) Willie's health
4. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(a) Beaten almost to death
(b) Ran off the road
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Working for world news
(b) Traveling the world as a journalist
(c) Coving the war efforts
(d) Working in politics
6. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
(a) Parents of those lost in the war
(c) High school students
(d) Young men that had been drafted
7. Who is called as a witness that gives a very upsetting testimony?
(a) The coroner
(b) Mrs. Deece
(c) Rhonda's sister
(d) Mr. Deece
8. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
(a) Danny Padgitt is being fingerprinted
(b) The sheriff is asleep
(c) Danny Padgitt is having mug shots taken
(d) Danny Padgitt is being released
9. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
(b) War stories
10. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(b) Harry Rex
(c) The local sheriff
(d) Mr. Caudle
11. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
(c) Rhonda's house
(d) The Padgitt drive way
12. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Parts store
(b) Shoe store
(c) Hog farm
(d) Grocery store
13. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
14. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
15. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
(a) The Ruffin family story
(b) The story of crooked politicians
(c) Rhonda's life story
(d) The Padgitt family story
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of evidence is presented that had belonged to Danny Padgitt?
2. What verdict does the jury come to in regards to Danny serving a life sentence or receiving the death penalty?
3. Who came to get Rhonda's children after her death?
4. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
5. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)