|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Traveling the world as a journalist
(b) Working in politics
(c) Coving the war efforts
(d) Working for world news
2. What does the Sheriff say he is thankful he didn't do?
(a) Work for the Padgitts
(c) Speak out against Danny Padgitt
(d) Serve on the Padgitt trial jury
3. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
(a) Esau Ruffin
(b) Callie Ruffin
(d) Harry Rex
4. What does Harry Rex give Willie?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(b) His phone number
(c) A hunting knife
(d) A gun
5. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
(c) She worked all the time and didn't cook
(d) She never bought food
6. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The freedom
(b) The money
(c) The ability to make your own hours
(d) The ability to choose your own stories
7. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
(a) Find out who her husband is
(b) Find out where Lydia lives
(c) Prove Lydia is lying
(d) Figure out who gave her money
8. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(b) Beaten almost to death
(c) Ran off the road
9. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
(b) War stories
10. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
(a) Rhonda's family
(b) Danny Padgitt's sordid history
(c) The bomb
(d) Rhonda's neighbors
11. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
12. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) Blood and alcohol
(b) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
(c) Blood and his angry voice
(d) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
13. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
(b) The district attorney
(c) Harry Rex
14. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(b) The Padgitt family trials
(c) Unemployment rate
15. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
(a) His trust fund
(b) His college friend
(c) His grandmother
(d) The local bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
2. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
3. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
4. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
5. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)