|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Willie claim although he doesn't attend a church?
2. What does the district attorney ask that they do for the murder trial?
(a) Enlarge the jury pool
(b) Move the trial to a different state
(c) Pull the death sentence off the table
(d) Have a mock trial
3. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
(a) Government contraband
(d) Stolen vehicles
4. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Working in politics
(b) Coving the war efforts
(c) Traveling the world as a journalist
(d) Working for world news
5. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
(a) The children will be called in
(b) His paper will be in trouble
(c) The jury will have reasonable doubt
(d) Ginger will be crushed
6. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) Blood and his angry voice
(b) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
(c) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(d) Blood and alcohol
7. Where is the sniper located?
(a) On a park bench
(b) Top of the courthouse
(c) Top of the library
(d) Inside a car
8. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
9. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
(a) Prove Lydia is lying
(b) Find out where Lydia lives
(c) Find out who her husband is
(d) Figure out who gave her money
10. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
(a) To Rhonda's house
(b) To his place
(c) To her hotel
(d) To Callin Ruffin's for lunch
11. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
(b) Thick headed
12. What is the sniper wearing when found?
(b) A dress
(c) His pajamas
(d) A business suit
13. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Parts store
(b) Shoe store
(c) Hog farm
(d) Grocery store
14. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
(a) The sheriff is asleep
(b) Danny Padgitt is being released
(c) Danny Padgitt is being fingerprinted
(d) Danny Padgitt is having mug shots taken
15. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
(a) The story of crooked politicians
(b) The Padgitt family story
(c) Rhonda's life story
(d) The Ruffin family story
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
2. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
3. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
4. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
5. Who does Willie receive a phone call from?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)