|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
2. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
(a) Bad leg
(c) Too old
(d) Genetic condition
3. Who came to get Rhonda's children after her death?
(a) Their aunt
(b) Their cousin
(c) Their grandmother
(d) Their father
4. Who is the first witness called when the trial begins?
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Rhonda's neighbor
(d) Sheriff Coley
5. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(a) Ran off the road
(c) Beaten almost to death
6. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(a) The Padgitt family trials
(d) Unemployment rate
7. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
(a) Find out where Lydia lives
(b) Prove Lydia is lying
(c) Find out who her husband is
(d) Figure out who gave her money
8. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
(a) Rhonda's family
(b) Danny Padgitt's sordid history
(c) Rhonda's neighbors
(d) The bomb
9. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
(b) Teaching degrees
(d) Three figure salaries
10. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
(a) Honor student role
(b) Basketball games
(c) Football games
(d) Band competitions
11. Who does Willy expect to see at his office after the trial is over?
(b) The district attorney
(d) Harry Rex
12. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The freedom
(b) The ability to choose your own stories
(c) The money
(d) The ability to make your own hours
13. Who is murdered in a nearby county?
(a) Malcolm Vince
(b) Harry Rex
(c) A Padgitt employee
(d) Lydia Vince
14. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
15. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His camera
(b) His gun
(c) The keys to his safe
(d) His cell phone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bubba say will not be at the poker game?
2. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
3. What happens when the sniper is caught?
4. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
5. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)