|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
(b) Stolen vehicles
(d) Government contraband
2. How does Willie describe the newspaper office?
(a) Run down and falling apart
(b) Old and cluttered
(d) Smelly and in need of new paint
3. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
(a) Picture of a black soldier
(b) Negative talk about the president
(c) Bad language
(d) A picture of a grieving mother
4. What happens that Willie is able to cover and helps his newspaper grow?
(b) A riot in Memphis
(c) The price of milk goes up
(d) Vietnam war
5. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Hadn't eaten
(b) Low blood sugar
(c) Had a heat stroke
(d) High blood pressure
6. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
7. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(b) On a Greyhound bus
(c) Took a cab
(d) In his Volkswagen
8. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
(a) The assassination of the president
(c) The end of the war
9. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
(b) Three figure salaries
(d) Teaching degrees
10. How did Mr. DeJarnette die?
(b) Committed suicide
(c) Heart attack
(d) Fell into a logging machine
11. Who tells Willie and his photographer the story?
(a) Rhonda's children
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Deece
(c) The arresting officer
(d) The bartender
12. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To make it a closed trial
(b) To have the case dismissed
(c) To change venue
(d) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
13. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
(b) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(c) Blood and alcohol
(d) Blood and his angry voice
14. What happens to The Ford County Times?
(a) It goes bankrupt
(b) The owner has a heart attack
(c) It burns down
(d) It gets sued
15. Where is the sniper located?
(a) Top of the courthouse
(b) On a park bench
(c) Top of the library
(d) Inside a car
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
2. Who came to get Rhonda's children after her death?
3. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
4. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
5. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)