|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the newspaper after Willie's second story in Chapter 6?
(a) Willie is forced to add another reporter
(b) They sell out of papers
(c) The paper gets sued
(d) The revenue doubles
2. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
(a) Talk to Mr. Durant on Sam's behalf
(b) Get protection
(c) Get him a fast car
(d) Sneak him into town
3. Where is the sniper located?
(a) Top of the library
(b) On a park bench
(c) Top of the courthouse
(d) Inside a car
4. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
(a) Lydia is a lesbian
(b) Lydia was a drug runner
(c) Lydia was a floozy
(d) Lydia was joining a convent
5. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
(a) The local bank
(b) His trust fund
(c) His grandmother
(d) His college friend
6. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) Letters to the editor
(b) A lottery ticket
(c) A letter from Ginger
(d) A threat from the Padgitts
7. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
8. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To make it a closed trial
(b) To change venue
(c) To have the case dismissed
(d) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
9. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) That he always looks dead
(b) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(c) It is about time
(d) That he has sleep apnea
10. What happens when the sniper is caught?
(a) Put into county jail
(b) Put on medication and sent home
(c) Given a phsyc eval and sent home
(d) Put into a mental institution
11. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) Esau Ruffin
(d) Harry Rex
12. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(b) Blood and his angry voice
(c) Blood and alcohol
(d) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
13. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
(d) Thick headed
14. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
(a) The story of crooked politicians
(b) The Padgitt family story
(c) Rhonda's life story
(d) The Ruffin family story
15. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Parts store
(b) Grocery store
(c) Hog farm
(d) Shoe store
Short Answer Questions
1. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
2. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
3. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
4. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
5. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)