|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The freedom
(b) The ability to make your own hours
(c) The ability to choose your own stories
(d) The money
2. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(a) The local sheriff
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Mr. Caudle
3. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
(a) He will wait on Sam with a gun
(b) He has forgiven Sam
(c) He has Alzheimers and can't remember
(d) Which affair was that
4. What does Baggy say surprised him?
(a) That the bomb wasnt' at Willie's home
(b) That the Padgitts didn't come and kill Willie themselves
(c) That the bomb didn't go off
(d) That people like that were still around
5. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
(a) Rhonda's family
(b) The bomb
(c) Rhonda's neighbors
(d) Danny Padgitt's sordid history
6. What happens to The Ford County Times?
(a) It burns down
(b) The owner has a heart attack
(c) It goes bankrupt
(d) It gets sued
7. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
(b) Harry Rex
(c) The district attorney
8. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(a) Unemployment rate
(c) The Padgitt family trials
9. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
(a) Danny Padgitt is having mug shots taken
(b) The sheriff is asleep
(c) Danny Padgitt is being fingerprinted
(d) Danny Padgitt is being released
10. What does the district attorney ask that they do for the murder trial?
(a) Pull the death sentence off the table
(b) Enlarge the jury pool
(c) Move the trial to a different state
(d) Have a mock trial
11. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(a) Beaten almost to death
(b) Ran off the road
12. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To make it a closed trial
(b) To have the case dismissed
(c) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
(d) To change venue
13. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
(a) Rhonda's house
(c) The Padgitt drive way
14. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) It is about time
(b) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(c) That he always looks dead
(d) That he has sleep apnea
15. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
2. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
3. What is the sniper wearing when found?
4. Who is the first witness called when the trial begins?
5. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)