|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(c) Beaten almost to death
(d) Ran off the road
2. What does Willie hear while in his office?
(a) Gun shots
(b) Police sirens
(c) A bomb going off
3. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
(a) To get the weekly police reports
(c) A traffic ticket
(d) The bail hearing
4. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
(a) The district attorney
(b) Mr. Caudle
(c) The judge
(d) Esau Riffen
5. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
6. What does Piston discover?
(a) A bottle of moonshine
(b) A bomb
(c) A death threat
(d) A severed finger
7. Why does Baggy say that Callie will be chosen as a juror?
(a) Blacks were to uneducated to know
(b) Blacks were thought to be more sympathetic to criminals
(c) Blacks were easy to manipulate
(d) Callie was a smart woman
8. Where is the sniper located?
(a) Inside a car
(b) On a park bench
(c) Top of the library
(d) Top of the courthouse
9. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
(a) Young men that had been drafted
(b) Parents of those lost in the war
(d) High school students
10. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
(a) Genetic condition
(b) Too old
(c) Bad leg
11. Who is called as a witness that gives a very upsetting testimony?
(a) The coroner
(b) Rhonda's sister
(c) Mrs. Deece
(d) Mr. Deece
12. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
(a) Thick headed
13. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
(a) Intimidate the paper
(b) Make Willie leave town
(c) Kill Willie
(d) Draw attention away from Danny
14. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
15. How much money does Willie lose playing poker?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
2. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
3. What is wrong with Callie?
4. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
5. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)