|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Coving the war efforts
(b) Traveling the world as a journalist
(c) Working in politics
(d) Working for world news
2. Who is called as a witness that gives a very upsetting testimony?
(a) Rhonda's sister
(b) Mr. Deece
(c) Mrs. Deece
(d) The coroner
3. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
(a) Bad language
(b) Picture of a black soldier
(c) A picture of a grieving mother
(d) Negative talk about the president
4. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
(a) Write once a month to their motherc
(b) Write once a week to their mother
(c) Send home money
(d) Call once a week
5. Who is murdered in a nearby county?
(a) Malcolm Vince
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Lydia Vince
(d) A Padgitt employee
6. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(b) In his Volkswagen
(c) On a Greyhound bus
(d) Took a cab
7. What does Bubba Crockett tell Willie that he knew was going to happen a week after Bubba arrived at Vietnam?
(a) They were going to win the war
(b) He was going to die
(c) He would get back home
(d) His friends were going to die
8. What does Harry Rex invite Willie to come to?
(a) A small dance
(b) A goat roast
(c) A muddin' party
(d) A creek party
9. Who is the first witness called when the trial begins?
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Rhonda's neighbor
(d) Sheriff Coley
10. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
(a) Get protection
(b) Get him a fast car
(c) Sneak him into town
(d) Talk to Mr. Durant on Sam's behalf
11. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
(a) Half a day
(b) Two days
(c) Less than an hour
(d) Four hours
12. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
(a) Threatens the district attorney
(b) Threatens Willie
(c) Spits on the judge
(d) Threatens the jury
13. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
14. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
15. What does Piston discover?
(a) A bottle of moonshine
(b) A severed finger
(c) A death threat
(d) A bomb
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
2. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
3. What does Baggy say surprised him?
4. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
5. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)