|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) Blood and his angry voice
(b) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(c) Blood and alcohol
(d) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
2. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
(a) How rediculous Lydia's testimony was
(b) How corrupt Sheriff Coley has become
(c) How inbred the Padgitts are
(d) The bad road construction
3. Who is the second witness called?
(a) Danny Padgitt
(b) Rhonda's neighbor
(c) Rhonda's children
(d) Rhonda's sister
4. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(a) In his Volkswagen
(c) Took a cab
(d) On a Greyhound bus
5. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
(a) To Callin Ruffin's for lunch
(b) To Rhonda's house
(c) To her hotel
(d) To his place
6. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
(a) That he has sleep apnea
(b) To make sure he isn't just sleeping
(c) It is about time
(d) That he always looks dead
7. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
(a) Which affair was that
(b) He has forgiven Sam
(c) He will wait on Sam with a gun
(d) He has Alzheimers and can't remember
8. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(b) Wiley Meek
(c) Callie Ruffin
9. What had Mr. Hocutt had painted on both doors of his car?
(c) American flags
10. The morning the paper comes out what is Willie at the Court House for?
(a) A traffic ticket
(c) To get the weekly police reports
(d) The bail hearing
11. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
12. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
(a) Her family knew Rhonda
(b) Willie's lunches with her
(c) She was well educated
(d) Willie's articles about her
13. What does Willie put in his article that he knows will get him a 'slap on the wrist'.
(a) A picture of a grieving mother
(b) Bad language
(c) Picture of a black soldier
(d) Negative talk about the president
14. Who does Willie receive a phone call from?
(a) Harry Rex
15. What does Willie hear while in his office?
(b) Police sirens
(c) Gun shots
(d) A bomb going off
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
2. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
3. What does Piston discover?
4. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
5. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)