|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verdict does the jury come to in regards to Danny serving a life sentence or receiving the death penalty?
(a) They decide to go to Disney Land
(b) Death penalty
(c) Life sentence
(d) They cannot reach a decision
2. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
3. How does Sam leave town when Mr. Durant wants him dead?
(a) Took a cab
(b) In his Volkswagen
(c) On a Greyhound bus
4. Who makes fun of Willie's new wardrobe?
(a) Wiley Meek
(d) Harry Rex
5. Why does Baggy say the family has decided to leave the trial in their hometown?
(a) They don't have the money to go through all the steps
(b) They can drive to the trial easier
(c) So that Danny will be closer to home
(d) They can buy the jury there
6. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
(a) Draw attention away from Danny
(b) Intimidate the paper
(c) Kill Willie
(d) Make Willie leave town
7. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
(a) Lydia is a lesbian
(b) Lydia was joining a convent
(c) Lydia was a floozy
(d) Lydia was a drug runner
8. How many letters to the editor about the trial does Willie send on to print?
9. Although it is a big part of the news in the world what does Willie note is not mentioned during the campaigns?
(c) Unemployment rate
(d) The Padgitt family trials
10. Who tells Willie and his photographer the story?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Deece
(b) The bartender
(c) Rhonda's children
(d) The arresting officer
11. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
12. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
(a) The bomb
(b) Rhonda's neighbors
(c) Rhonda's family
(d) Danny Padgitt's sordid history
13. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
(a) That Danny is guilty
(b) That Danny is hard to like
(c) That the Rhonda girl had what was comming to her
(d) That Willie won't stop
14. What does the district attorney ask that they do for the murder trial?
(a) Move the trial to a different state
(b) Pull the death sentence off the table
(c) Have a mock trial
(d) Enlarge the jury pool
15. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
(a) Get protection
(b) Talk to Mr. Durant on Sam's behalf
(c) Get him a fast car
(d) Sneak him into town
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
2. What happens to The Ford County Times?
3. What does Willie hear while in his office?
4. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
5. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)