|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
(a) His paper will be in trouble
(b) Ginger will be crushed
(c) The jury will have reasonable doubt
(d) The children will be called in
2. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The ability to choose your own stories
(b) The freedom
(c) The ability to make your own hours
(d) The money
3. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Shoe store
(b) Parts store
(c) Hog farm
(d) Grocery store
4. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
(b) To change venue
(c) To make it a closed trial
(d) To have the case dismissed
5. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
(c) Harry Rex
(d) The district attorney
6. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
(b) Stolen vehicles
(d) Government contraband
7. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
(a) About Danny Padgitt's past offenses
(b) About the rape and murder
(c) About Rhonda's life and troubles
(d) About the Padgitt family history
8. What signals the end of the letters about the war?
(a) The end of the war
(d) The assassination of the president
9. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
(a) To keep word of the trial from leaking out
(b) To make it harder for Danny to escape
(c) To make it harder to buy a jury
(d) To stop gossip
10. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A threat from the Padgitts
(b) A lottery ticket
(c) Letters to the editor
(d) A letter from Ginger
11. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(b) Callie Ruffin
(d) Wiley Meek
12. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
(b) She worked all the time and didn't cook
(d) She never bought food
13. What happens to The Ford County Times?
(a) It goes bankrupt
(b) It burns down
(c) It gets sued
(d) The owner has a heart attack
14. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
(a) Threatens the district attorney
(b) Threatens Willie
(c) Spits on the judge
(d) Threatens the jury
15. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
Short Answer Questions
1. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
2. What does the defense lawyer say that Willie's story has done?
3. What religion does Willie claim although he doesn't attend a church?
4. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
5. What does the Sheriff say he is thankful he didn't do?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)