|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will offer to drive Ginger, Rhonda's sister?
(a) To Callin Ruffin's for lunch
(b) To his place
(c) To her hotel
(d) To Rhonda's house
2. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
(a) Ginger will be crushed
(b) The children will be called in
(c) His paper will be in trouble
(d) The jury will have reasonable doubt
3. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Hadn't eaten
(b) Low blood sugar
(c) Had a heat stroke
(d) High blood pressure
4. What is the Padgitt family known for selling?
(a) Government contraband
(c) Stolen vehicles
5. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
(b) To make it a closed trial
(c) To have the case dismissed
(d) To change venue
6. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
(a) Draw attention away from Danny
(b) Make Willie leave town
(c) Intimidate the paper
(d) Kill Willie
7. What is the sniper wearing when found?
(a) A business suit
(c) His pajamas
(d) A dress
8. What does Willie begin covering for the schools?
(a) Basketball games
(b) Honor student role
(c) Band competitions
(d) Football games
9. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
(b) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(c) Blood and his angry voice
(d) Blood and alcohol
10. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
(a) His grandmother
(b) The local bank
(c) His college friend
(d) His trust fund
11. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
(a) To make it harder for Danny to escape
(b) To make it harder to buy a jury
(c) To stop gossip
(d) To keep word of the trial from leaking out
12. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
(c) Rhonda's house
(d) The Padgitt drive way
13. Where had Sam Ruffin been working when he was sixteen?
(a) Grocery store
(b) Hog farm
(c) Shoe store
(d) Parts store
14. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
(a) About the Padgitt family history
(b) About the rape and murder
(c) About Rhonda's life and troubles
(d) About Danny Padgitt's past offenses
15. What happens to Willie's photographer, Wiley Meek?
(b) Ran off the road
(c) Beaten almost to death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes back to the office with Willie to await the jury's verdict?
2. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
3. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
4. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
5. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)