|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) Hadn't eaten
(b) Low blood sugar
(c) Had a heat stroke
(d) High blood pressure
2. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
(a) Write once a month to their motherc
(b) Send home money
(c) Write once a week to their mother
(d) Call once a week
3. Who is the second witness called?
(a) Rhonda's sister
(b) Rhonda's children
(c) Danny Padgitt
(d) Rhonda's neighbor
4. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
(a) Talk to Mr. Durant on Sam's behalf
(b) Get him a fast car
(c) Get protection
(d) Sneak him into town
5. What story does Willie run that many of his staff members are not happy with?
(a) The story of crooked politicians
(b) The Ruffin family story
(c) Rhonda's life story
(d) The Padgitt family story
6. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
(a) His paper will be in trouble
(b) The children will be called in
(c) The jury will have reasonable doubt
(d) Ginger will be crushed
7. What happens to The Ford County Times?
(a) It goes bankrupt
(b) It burns down
(c) It gets sued
(d) The owner has a heart attack
8. What does Willie hear while in his office?
(a) A bomb going off
(b) Police sirens
(c) Gun shots
9. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
(a) Which affair was that
(b) He will wait on Sam with a gun
(c) He has Alzheimers and can't remember
(d) He has forgiven Sam
10. Why does Baggy say the family has decided to leave the trial in their hometown?
(a) So that Danny will be closer to home
(b) They can buy the jury there
(c) They can drive to the trial easier
(d) They don't have the money to go through all the steps
11. What religion does Willie claim although he doesn't attend a church?
12. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
13. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
(a) Callie Ruffin
(b) Harry Rex
(c) Esau Ruffin
14. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
(a) Four hours
(b) Less than an hour
(c) Two days
(d) Half a day
15. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
(a) The bomb
(b) Danny Padgitt's sordid history
(c) Rhonda's family
(d) Rhonda's neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
2. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
3. What group decides to write a bunch of letters to be printed taking Willie's view point on the war?
4. What is the sniper wearing when found?
5. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)