|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(a) Mr. Caudle
(b) Harry Rex
(c) The local sheriff
2. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
(a) About the rape and murder
(b) About Danny Padgitt's past offenses
(c) About the Padgitt family history
(d) About Rhonda's life and troubles
3. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
(a) To stop gossip
(b) To make it harder to buy a jury
(c) To make it harder for Danny to escape
(d) To keep word of the trial from leaking out
4. Why had Bubba's older brother been rejected by the draft?
(a) Bad leg
(b) Too old
(c) Genetic condition
5. What does Mr. Durant say when Harry Rex says that Sam has asked for forgiveness?
(a) He will wait on Sam with a gun
(b) He has forgiven Sam
(c) He has Alzheimers and can't remember
(d) Which affair was that
6. Who passes away leaving Willie feeling guilty for not having spoken to him?
(a) Mr. Caudle
(b) Esau Riffen
(c) The judge
(d) The district attorney
7. Willie says Bubba and his friends say their war experiences are ______________.
8. What does Baggy say that the family Padgitt knows?
(a) That Danny is guilty
(b) That Willie won't stop
(c) That Danny is hard to like
(d) That the Rhonda girl had what was comming to her
9. What does Willie realize he has left either in his car or his apartment?
(a) His camera
(b) His cell phone
(c) His gun
(d) The keys to his safe
10. What is it about Danny Padgitt that makes the cop reach for his handcuffs?
(a) The phone call from the victim's neighbor
(b) Blood and his angry voice
(c) Danny is talking about a woman that is dead
(d) Blood and alcohol
11. What does Piston discover?
(a) A severed finger
(b) A death threat
(c) A bomb
(d) A bottle of moonshine
12. Who makes fun of Willie's new wardrobe?
(a) Wiley Meek
(d) Harry Rex
13. Where do the landlord's sisters say they will move?
14. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Coving the war efforts
(b) Working in politics
(c) Traveling the world as a journalist
(d) Working for world news
15. What religion does Willie claim although he doesn't attend a church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry Rex give Willie?
2. What did Baggy say the Padgitt family was trying to do?
3. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
4. What does Lydia's ex-husband say is the reason they were divorcing?
5. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)