|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willie receive a phone call from?
(d) Harry Rex
2. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
(a) Padgitt Mountain
(b) Padgitt Holler
(c) Padgitt Island
(d) Padgitt Commune
3. What is wrong with Callie?
(a) High blood pressure
(b) Low blood sugar
(c) Hadn't eaten
(d) Had a heat stroke
4. What does Piston discover?
(a) A bottle of moonshine
(b) A death threat
(c) A severed finger
(d) A bomb
5. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To have the case dismissed
(b) To change venue
(c) To make it a closed trial
(d) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
6. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
(a) Willie's lunches with her
(b) Willie's articles about her
(c) Her family knew Rhonda
(d) She was well educated
7. Who tells Willie and his photographer the story?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Deece
(b) Rhonda's children
(c) The arresting officer
(d) The bartender
8. What do Willie and the Tishomingo County Sheriff laugh at?
(a) The bad road construction
(b) How rediculous Lydia's testimony was
(c) How corrupt Sheriff Coley has become
(d) How inbred the Padgitts are
9. What does Willie find under his door when he returns to work?
(a) A letter from Ginger
(b) Letters to the editor
(c) A lottery ticket
(d) A threat from the Padgitts
10. Who receives one of the summons to be on the jury pool?
(a) Harry Rex
(b) Callie Ruffin
(c) Esau Ruffin
11. At lunch that week what does Callie call Willie?
(c) Thick headed
12. What does the Sheriff say he is thankful he didn't do?
(a) Work for the Padgitts
(b) Serve on the Padgitt trial jury
(c) Speak out against Danny Padgitt
13. What kind of car did the landlord have that Willie buys?
14. What does Callie tell Willie she is concerned about?
(a) Willie's life
(b) Willie's health
(c) Danny Padgitt's trial
(d) Willie's soul
15. What does Willie worry about after hearing Lydia Vince's testimony?
(a) The children will be called in
(b) The jury will have reasonable doubt
(c) Ginger will be crushed
(d) His paper will be in trouble
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ginger and Willie go to celebrate the guilty verdict?
2. Who is the second witness called?
3. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
4. What did Esau instruct his children to do before they left home?
5. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)