|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
(a) His grandmother
(b) The local bank
(c) His trust fund
(d) His college friend
2. Why does Baggy say the family has decided to leave the trial in their hometown?
(a) They can drive to the trial easier
(b) They can buy the jury there
(c) They don't have the money to go through all the steps
(d) So that Danny will be closer to home
3. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To have the case dismissed
(b) To make it a closed trial
(c) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
(d) To change venue
4. What is Willie's next story about in Chapter 9?
(a) Danny Padgitt's sordid history
(b) Rhonda's family
(c) The bomb
(d) Rhonda's neighbors
5. Who is hired to investigate the affair that Iris Durant is having?
(a) Harry Rex
(b) Mr. Caudle
(c) The local sheriff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam contact Willie and ask him to do?
2. What does the funeral home directer tell Willie when Willie says that his landlord, Mr. Magargel, is dead?
3. What verdict does the jury come to in regards to Danny serving a life sentence or receiving the death penalty?
4. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
5. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)