|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To have the case dismissed
(b) To make it a closed trial
(c) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
(d) To change venue
2. What had been Willie Traynor's dream?
(a) Working in politics
(b) Coving the war efforts
(c) Traveling the world as a journalist
(d) Working for world news
3. What does Willie Traynor learn about that makes him decide to go to work in a small town paper?
(a) The ability to choose your own stories
(b) The freedom
(c) The ability to make your own hours
(d) The money
4. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
(a) She worked all the time and didn't cook
(b) She never bought food
5. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
(b) Wiley Meek
(d) Callie Ruffin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to get Rhonda's children after her death?
2. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
3. How old is Willie when he takes over ownership of the paper?
4. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
5. Where does Willie get the money to buy the newspaper?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)