|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 17 | Part 1, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Willie and Wiley hear a lot of while they are sitting at the table in the dinner?
(a) About the rape and murder
(b) About Rhonda's life and troubles
(c) About the Padgitt family history
(d) About Danny Padgitt's past offenses
2. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
(a) Her family knew Rhonda
(b) She was well educated
(c) Willie's articles about her
(d) Willie's lunches with her
3. How did Mr. DeJarnette die?
(a) Fell into a logging machine
(b) Committed suicide
(d) Heart attack
4. What does Danny Padgitt's lawyer make a motion for?
(a) To have the case dismissed
(b) To change venue
(c) To make it a closed trial
(d) To remove all reporters from the courtroom
5. What did seven of Esau and Calia Ruffin's eight children earn?
(b) Teaching degrees
(c) Three figure salaries
Short Answer Questions
1. What's happening at the jail when Willie and his photographer arrive?
2. What does Harry Rex give Willie?
3. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
4. What do District Attorney Gaddis and Henry Rex decide they need to do?
5. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)