|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 17 | Part 1, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take to get the verdict back?
(a) Four hours
(b) Two days
(c) Less than an hour
(d) Half a day
2. Why does Baggy say that Callie will be chosen as a juror?
(a) Callie was a smart woman
(b) Blacks were easy to manipulate
(c) Blacks were to uneducated to know
(d) Blacks were thought to be more sympathetic to criminals
3. Why does Harry Rex later tell Willie that Callie was chosen as a juror?
(a) Willie's lunches with her
(b) She was well educated
(c) Willie's articles about her
(d) Her family knew Rhonda
4. What does Danny do as he gets off the stand?
(a) Threatens Willie
(b) Threatens the district attorney
(c) Spits on the judge
(d) Threatens the jury
5. Why do the rumors in the town say that the district attorney had made his request?
(a) To make it harder to buy a jury
(b) To make it harder for Danny to escape
(c) To stop gossip
(d) To keep word of the trial from leaking out
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprisingly called to the stand to prove the point that Danny Padgitt can't get a fair trial?
2. What does Piston discover?
3. What is the piece of land called where the Padgitt family lives?
4. What had been wrong with Willie's mother that he hadn't had food as good as Callie Ruffin's?
5. What does the district attorney ask that they do for the murder trial?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)