|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
2. What does Sughrue do for Stacy after she wakes during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
3. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
4. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
5. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
2. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
3. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
4. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
5. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
6. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
7. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
8. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
9. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
10. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Selma Hinds a catalyst in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Melinda's desire to live her own life contribute to her death?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters manipulate themselves out of trouble with the police. Does this happen at certain points during the plot? How does the timing of this manipulation add to the plot?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)