|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
2. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
3. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
4. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
5. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
2. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
3. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
4. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
5. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
6. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
7. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
8. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
9. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
10. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters mention that Betty Sue can put spells on people. Indeed, she does seem unforgettable. How does Betty Sue cast a spell on characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Rosie and Betty Sue are not together for a lengthy time in this novel, yet they are mother and daughter. How are Rosie and Betty Sue similar?
Essay Topic 3
Trahearne has previous and successful writing and writing that he is wanting to complete. These two types of writing are very different. What does Trahearne's writing symbolize at different stages in his life?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)