|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
2. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
3. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
4. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
5. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stacy has a small role in the novel. She does deal with all major characters at least once. What is the purpose of Stacy's character?
Essay Topic 2
Trahearne has previous and successful writing and writing that he is wanting to complete. These two types of writing are very different. What does Trahearne's writing symbolize at different stages in his life?
Essay Topic 3
How does Melinda's desire to live her own life contribute to her death?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)