|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
2. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
3. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
4. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
5. After making the agreement between Sughrue and Torres, where do Sughrue and the others take Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
2. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
3. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
4. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
5. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
6. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
7. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
8. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
9. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
10. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosie and Betty Sue are not together for a lengthy time in this novel, yet they are mother and daughter. How are Rosie and Betty Sue similar?
Essay Topic 2
How does Melinda's desire to live her own life contribute to her death?
Essay Topic 3
How is Selma Hinds a catalyst in the novel?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)