|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
2. What did Melinda use the money for?
3. After making the agreement between Sughrue and Torres, where do Sughrue and the others take Jackson?
4. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
5. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
2. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
3. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
4. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
5. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
6. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
7. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
8. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
9. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
10. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Melinda's desire to live her own life contribute to her death?
Essay Topic 2
Sughrue describes Melinda's sculptures many times and realizes there is a connection between Melinda and her art. How do these sculptures parallel Melinda?
Essay Topic 3
Often times, characters "fit" their names, such as "Betty Sue" sounds like a sweet girl that everyone likes. Analyze the characters' names. What do their names say about them?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)