|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
2. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
3. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
4. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
5. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
Essay Topic 1
How is Selma Hinds a catalyst in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Rosie and Betty Sue are not together for a lengthy time in this novel, yet they are mother and daughter. How are Rosie and Betty Sue similar?
Essay Topic 3
Comment on how the different characters use alcohol. Look at Trahearne, Sughrue and Rosie. In what way does the characters' uses of alcohol characterize them?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)