|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
2. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
3. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
4. When did Trahearne realize Sughrue had the investigative skills he lacked?
5. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
2. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
3. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
4. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
5. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
6. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
7. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
8. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
9. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
10. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Selma Hinds a catalyst in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Melinda's desire to live her own life contribute to her death?
Essay Topic 3
What does the novel's title mean? Which characters does it reference? Why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)