|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
2. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
3. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
4. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
5. What does Sughrue do to Torres's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
2. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
3. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
4. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
5. Why would Betty Sue need convincing to contact Rosie?
6. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
7. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
8. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
9. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
10. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Character traits are shown through their living quarters. Contrast Sughrue's acreage to Trahearne's home. How do their homes indirectly characterize them?
Essay Topic 2
Several characters mention that Betty Sue can put spells on people. Indeed, she does seem unforgettable. How does Betty Sue cast a spell on characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Stacy has a small role in the novel. She does deal with all major characters at least once. What is the purpose of Stacy's character?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)