|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
2. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
3. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
4. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
5. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the novel's title mean? Which characters does it reference? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Catherine gives Sughrue an envelope with three checks. What does each check symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Sughrue describes Melinda's sculptures many times and realizes there is a connection between Melinda and her art. How do these sculptures parallel Melinda?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)