|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
2. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
3. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
4. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
5. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
Essay Topic 1
Edna owns the town's hotel. The story behind her acquisition is important to the story's development, especially Betty Sue's life. How is the hotel symbolic and what is the connection to Betty Sue/Melinda?
Essay Topic 2
Often times, characters "fit" their names, such as "Betty Sue" sounds like a sweet girl that everyone likes. Analyze the characters' names. What do their names say about them?
Essay Topic 3
Sughrue and Trahearne develop a relationship that changes as the novel progresses. These two men can be further explored due to their complexity. Compare and contrast Sughrue and Trahearne.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)