|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
2. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
3. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
4. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
5. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
Essay Topic 1
Trahearne has previous and successful writing and writing that he is wanting to complete. These two types of writing are very different. What does Trahearne's writing symbolize at different stages in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel's title mean? Which characters does it reference? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The plot structure of a novel can be interpreted different ways. Most controversial is the climax, or most exciting part of the novel. What is the climax of this novel?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)