|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue do at his acreage in Montana?
2. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
3. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
4. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
5. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
2. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
3. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
4. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
5. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
6. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
7. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
8. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
9. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
10. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Map Trahearne's injuries and hospitalizations. What did each hospitalization symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters manipulate themselves out of trouble with the police. Does this happen at certain points during the plot? How does the timing of this manipulation add to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Sughrue continue his search for Betty Sue? Give support to how Sughrue's passion drives him in his job.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)