Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
2. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
3. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
4. What occupation does Melinda have?
5. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
2. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
3. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
4. How does Trahearne's interpretation of Catherine align with what the audience knows about her?
5. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
6. How do Trahearne's novels parallel his personality and life?
7. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
8. How does Sughrue treat Charles Gleeson? Why?
9. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
10. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
Often times, characters "fit" their names, such as "Betty Sue" sounds like a sweet girl that everyone likes. Analyze the characters' names. What do their names say about them?
Catherine gives Sughrue an envelope with three checks. What does each check symbolize?
Sughrue describes Melinda's sculptures many times and realizes there is a connection between Melinda and her art. How do these sculptures parallel Melinda?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)