|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
2. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
3. What is Albert Griffith's occupation?
4. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
5. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles Gleeson's relationship with Betty Sue symbolize?
2. What does Sughrue's interactions with Jackson show about his investigative skills?
3. Are Sughrue's descriptions of Albert Griffith accurate? Why or why not?
4. How does Peggy Blain's explanation of Betty Sue contribute to the development of Betty Sue's allure?
5. What is upsetting Sughrue about Betty Sue as the search continues? Why?
6. What does Sughrue's drastic actions with Jackson say about his involvement in the case?
7. Sughrue and the nurse connect quickly. What side of his personality does this event reveal?
8. How does Betty Sue have the power to make Sughrue fall under her spell when they have never met?
9. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
10. How does Sughrue's remark about his job and "the chase being over" indirectly characterize him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stacy has a small role in the novel. She does deal with all major characters at least once. What is the purpose of Stacy's character?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Sughrue continue his search for Betty Sue? Give support to how Sughrue's passion drives him in his job.
Essay Topic 3
Character traits are shown through their living quarters. Contrast Sughrue's acreage to Trahearne's home. How do their homes indirectly characterize them?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)