|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
(a) An imaginary friend.
(b) His sister.
(c) The maid.
(d) His mother.
2. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
(a) Illegal drugs.
(d) A dog fighting ring.
3. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An escape from the police.
(b) A hiding place.
(c) A robbery and assault.
(d) An armed, violent assault.
4. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Sughrue insults Selma.
(b) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
(c) Selma hates confrontation.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
5. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
(a) She leaves all men.
(b) She wants too serious of a relationship.
(c) She is connected to one of his friends.
(d) She might stalk him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
2. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
3. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
4. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
5. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
2. Why does Trahearne start drinking again?
3. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
4. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
5. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
6. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
7. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
8. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
9. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
10. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)