|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) The library.
(b) A strip mall.
(c) A strip bar.
(d) A book store.
2. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
(b) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(c) Melinda must figure it out herself.
(d) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
3. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He asks for money.
(b) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(c) He teases her about Trahearne.
(d) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
4. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
(a) Small jobs.
(b) Donating blood.
5. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma hates confrontation.
(b) Sughrue insults Selma.
(c) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
2. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
3. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
4. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
5. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
2. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
3. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
4. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
5. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
6. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
7. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
8. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
9. Why would Betty Sue need convincing to contact Rosie?
10. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)