|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) Going to movies and diners.
(b) Walking in the park and dreaming.
(c) Reading to each other and sleeping.
(d) Eating takeout food and sleeping in.
2. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Feeds her.
(b) Gives her a blanket.
(c) Negotiates for her.
(d) Cleans her up.
3. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
(a) Trahearne has grown to hate her.
(b) Trahearne loves her more than anything.
(c) Trahearne cannot live without her.
(d) Trahearne needs to settle down in life.
4. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
(c) Small jobs.
(d) Donating blood.
5. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(b) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
(c) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
(d) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
2. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
3. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
4. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
5. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
2. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
3. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
4. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
5. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
6. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
7. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
8. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
9. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
10. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)