|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She throws up.
(b) She sleepwalks.
(c) She has a shocked reaction.
(d) She passes out.
2. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(b) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(c) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(d) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
3. What do Jackson and his men do at the Hind's home?
(a) Hurt Selma and send her to the hospital.
(b) Shoot the animals and kidnap Melinda.
(c) Kidnap Jimmy Joe.
(d) Steal all the jewelry and electronics.
4. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(c) No one.
5. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to treat women.
(b) How to drink.
(c) How to kill and how to live.
(d) How to run from his problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
2. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
3. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
4. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
5. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
2. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
3. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
4. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
5. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
6. Why does Trahearne start drinking again?
7. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
8. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
9. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
10. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)