|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Find Torres.
(b) Keep Trahearne sober.
(c) Follow Melinda.
(d) Investigate his mother.
2. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) A robbery and assault.
(b) A hiding place.
(c) An escape from the police.
(d) An armed, violent assault.
3. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
(b) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
(c) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(d) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
4. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(b) When she graduated college.
(c) During one of his hospital stays.
(d) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
5. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
(a) Selma's mother.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) Selma's daughter.
(d) Betty Sue's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
2. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
3. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
4. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
5. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
2. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
3. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
4. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
5. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
6. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
7. Why does Trahearne start drinking again?
8. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
9. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
10. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)