|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
(a) Why does she have an abdomen scar?
(b) Where are her parents?
(c) Who is she sleeping with on her trips?
(d) How does she make so much money?
2. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
3. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) A computer.
4. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(b) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
(c) Melinda must figure it out herself.
(d) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
5. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) Some jewelry.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A package.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
2. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
3. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
4. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
5. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
2. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
3. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
4. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
5. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
6. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
7. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
8. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
9. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
10. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)