|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Follow Melinda.
(b) Find Torres.
(c) Investigate his mother.
(d) Keep Trahearne sober.
2. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
(a) Binge drinking.
(b) Hair pulling.
(c) Not eating.
(d) Self mutilating.
3. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
(a) A clipping from Melinda's theater days.
(b) Selma's daughter's obituary.
(c) A horoscope.
(d) An advertisement.
4. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
5. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Negotiates for her.
(b) Gives her a blanket.
(c) Cleans her up.
(d) Feeds her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
2. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
3. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
4. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
5. How does Catherine try to end her relationship with Sughrue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
2. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
3. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
4. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
5. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
6. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
7. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
8. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
9. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
10. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)