|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With a passionate kiss.
(b) With a letter.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With money.
2. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(c) No one.
3. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) The money they need to leave town.
(b) The police waiting for them.
(c) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
(d) A notice to leave town.
4. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
(b) They have feelings for each other.
(c) They used each other.
(d) They dislike each other.
5. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
(b) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
(c) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
(d) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
2. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
3. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
4. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
5. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
2. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
3. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
4. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
5. Why would Betty Sue need convincing to contact Rosie?
6. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
7. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
8. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
9. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
10. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)