|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to kill and how to live.
(b) How to run from his problems.
(c) How to drink.
(d) How to treat women.
2. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Gives her a blanket.
(b) Negotiates for her.
(c) Cleans her up.
(d) Feeds her.
3. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
(b) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(c) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
(d) Melinda must figure it out herself.
4. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He feels pain and loss.
(d) He feels relief.
5. What do Jackson and his men do at the Hind's home?
(a) Shoot the animals and kidnap Melinda.
(b) Steal all the jewelry and electronics.
(c) Hurt Selma and send her to the hospital.
(d) Kidnap Jimmy Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
2. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
3. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
4. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
5. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
2. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
3. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
4. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
5. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
6. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
7. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
8. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
9. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
10. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)