|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To find Torres.
(b) To sell some some of her sculptures.
(c) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(d) To get her college transcripts.
2. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(b) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(c) Encourages him to get drunk.
(d) Gets Melinda on the phone.
3. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
(a) A clipping from Melinda's theater days.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) Selma's daughter's obituary.
(d) A horoscope.
4. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
(a) Stacy robs Jackson.
(b) Stacy poses as a porn actress.
(c) Stacy secretly tapes her conversation with Jackson.
(d) Stacy finds money to pay everyone off.
5. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) To pay off the mob.
(b) A college degree.
(c) A vacation.
(d) To help Selma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
2. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
3. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
4. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
5. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
2. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
3. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
4. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
5. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
6. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
7. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
8. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
9. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
10. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)