|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
(b) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
(c) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
(d) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
2. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They used each other.
(b) They have feelings for each other.
(c) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
(d) They dislike each other.
3. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
(a) Selma's daughter's obituary.
(b) A horoscope.
(c) An advertisement.
(d) A clipping from Melinda's theater days.
4. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
(a) To take her to the hospital.
(b) To go away.
(c) To get her food.
(d) To make love to her.
5. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) A bar.
(b) Melinda's room.
(c) Sughrue's car.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
2. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
3. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
4. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
5. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
2. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
3. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
4. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
5. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
6. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
7. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
8. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
9. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
10. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)