|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma hates confrontation.
(b) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
(c) Sughrue insults Selma.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
2. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She hits Sughrue.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She cries and faints.
(d) She goes into shock.
3. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
(b) Small jobs.
(d) Donating blood.
4. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) He attempted faithfulness several times.
(b) Incredibly faithful.
(c) Not very faithful.
(d) He had only one affair.
5. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
(a) She tried to stay committed to him.
(b) She had only one affair.
(c) Quite faithful.
(d) Consistently unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
2. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
3. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
4. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
5. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
2. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
3. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
4. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
5. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
6. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
7. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
8. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
9. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
10. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)