|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are drinking too much.
(b) The men are physically fighting.
(c) The men are helping Melinda.
(d) The men are arguing over her.
2. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) Sughrue's home.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
(d) The back of a car.
3. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) When she graduated college.
(b) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(c) During one of his hospital stays.
(d) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
4. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(b) Find Melinda's car.
(c) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(d) Finding out who Melinda was.
5. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
2. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
3. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
4. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
5. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Melinda offer herself to Sughrue?
2. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
3. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
4. Why does Trahearne start drinking again?
5. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
6. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
7. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
8. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
9. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
10. What is a possibility behind Rosie's reaction to the news about Betty Sue?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)