|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
(a) He was submissive.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was in a war.
(d) He had a wild streak.
2. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(b) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(c) Finding out who Melinda was.
(d) Find Melinda's car.
3. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
(a) She cares for him.
(b) She wants to sleep with him.
(c) She feels no physical attraction to him.
(d) She wants to hurt him.
4. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) A bar.
(b) Melinda's room.
(c) The garden.
(d) Sughrue's car.
5. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are physically fighting.
(b) The men are helping Melinda.
(c) The men are arguing over her.
(d) The men are drinking too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
2. What did Melinda use the money for?
3. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
4. How does Catherine try to end her relationship with Sughrue?
5. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)