|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Finding out who Melinda was.
(b) Find Melinda's car.
(c) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(d) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
2. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She cries and faints.
(b) She hits Sughrue.
(c) She goes into shock.
(d) She refuses to believe it.
3. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are helping Melinda.
(b) The men are drinking too much.
(c) The men are arguing over her.
(d) The men are physically fighting.
4. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
(a) Drink coffee.
(b) Kiss and nothing else.
(c) Drive around.
(d) Go on a picnic.
5. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(c) Gets Melinda on the phone.
(d) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
2. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
3. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
4. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
5. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
2. Why does Catherine sleep with Sughrue?
3. How do Sughrue and Traherne get along in Montana?
4. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
5. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
6. How is Catherine's sexual relationship with Sughrue manipulative?
7. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
8. Is it possible for Sughrue to help Trahearne write? Why?
9. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
10. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)