|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He feels pain and loss.
(b) He feels relief.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He doesn't care.
2. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(b) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(c) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(d) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
3. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) His acreage.
(b) Stacy's house.
(c) Selma's house.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
(a) She wants to sleep with him.
(b) She cares for him.
(c) She wants to hurt him.
(d) She feels no physical attraction to him.
5. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(a) A death threat.
(b) Jackson's men.
(d) Betty Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
2. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
3. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
4. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
5. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
2. Why would Betty Sue need convincing to contact Rosie?
3. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
4. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
5. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
6. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
7. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
8. Why does Trahearne start drinking again?
9. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
10. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)