|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(b) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
(c) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
(d) Melinda must figure it out herself.
2. What does Sughrue do to Torres's hand?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Permanently brands it.
(c) Shoots his hand off.
(d) Cuts off a finger.
3. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are physically fighting.
(b) The men are drinking too much.
(c) The men are helping Melinda.
(d) The men are arguing over her.
4. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) A notice to leave town.
(b) The police waiting for them.
(c) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
(d) The money they need to leave town.
5. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
(b) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(c) Melinda must speak to the police.
(d) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
2. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
3. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
4. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
5. When did Trahearne realize Sughrue had the investigative skills he lacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Betty Sue need convincing to contact Rosie?
2. What does it say about Stacy that she invites Sughrue to her bed after hearing his conversation with Melinda?
3. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
4. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
5. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
6. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
7. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
8. Why does Trahearne start drinking again?
9. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
10. Why would Sughrue make a superficial joke about Catherine''s age?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)