|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trahearne's ex-wife tells Sughrue to look where for him?
(a) His regular hangouts, bars.
(c) The library, writing and researching.
(d) On the streets.
2. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
(a) Mediocre talent with little effort.
(b) Lacking talent for a boring and uninteresting performance.
(c) Incredible talent with enormous potential.
(d) Great talent with little work ethic.
3. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
4. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) His home in Montana.
(b) A job interview.
(c) Trahearne's home.
(d) Another party.
5. How many years did it take Betty Sue to call Jimmy?
(a) A decade.
(b) Four or five years.
(c) A day.
(d) She's never contacted him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the owner of the commune reveal about Betty Sue?
2. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
3. Where does Sughrue track Trahearne to before they ever meet?
4. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
5. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Trahearne's interpretation of Catherine align with what the audience knows about her?
2. Are Sughrue's descriptions of Albert Griffith accurate? Why or why not?
3. Why is it significant that Albert Griffith searched the morgue for Betty Sue?
4. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
5. What does Sughrue's drastic actions with Jackson say about his involvement in the case?
6. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
7. What prompts Sughrue to say he will "rise and do what [he] knew he had to do, to what [he] owed the women"?
8. What is foreshadowed by Trahearne's eagerness to travel with Sughrue in the search for Betty Sue?
9. Why would Sughrue just accept the beatings from Jackson's men?
10. What is upsetting Sughrue about Betty Sue as the search continues? Why?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)