|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Trahearne's mother seek revenge on those who hurt her?
(a) Bought out the entire town.
(c) Married a rich man.
(d) Escaping from prison.
2. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(b) Making love.
3. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
(a) A relationship.
(b) Help finding her mother.
(c) A ride into town.
(d) An invoice.
4. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(a) A midwestern state.
(d) San Francisco.
5. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Betty Sue's father.
(b) Betty Sue's ex-husband.
(c) Betty Sue's agent.
(d) Betty Sue's landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
2. After seeing Melinda's sculptures, what does Sughrue go to bed thinking?
3. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
4. Who pays Sughrue's bill in the search for Trahearne?
5. How does Albert Griffith feel about Betty Sue, even after marriage and fathering two kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Melinda's past life affected her present day life?
2. Why would Selma have lied to Sughrue about Betty Sue's death?
3. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
4. What is upsetting Sughrue about Betty Sue as the search continues? Why?
5. Why is it significant that Albert Griffith searched the morgue for Betty Sue?
6. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
7. How does Trahearne react to the porn Professor Richter shows him and Sughrue?
8. When Sughrue walks away from Catherine, what does that mean?
9. Has Trahearne been fair to Sughrue, in his use of Sughrue's investigative skills?
10. What events does the use of alcohol foreshadow as the book opens?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)