Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
(a) He prostituted her.
(b) She refused to marry him.
(c) He gave her an alias.
(d) She had his baby.
2. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
(a) Abusing people and things.
(b) Making people love her.
(c) Counting cards in Las Vegas.
(d) Stealing and robbery.
3. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) A fake arm.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(d) Tattoos up her back.
4. What occupation does Melinda have?
(c) Personal trainer.
5. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(b) Private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
2. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
3. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
4. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
5. How did Trahearne's mother seek revenge on those who hurt her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Torres still demand the forty thousand dollars from Melinda?
2. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
3. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
4. How does Trahearne's interpretation of Catherine align with what the audience knows about her?
5. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
6. How do Trahearne's novels parallel his personality and life?
7. Why would Sughrue immediately head out to California after the phone call from Jimmy Joe?
8. How does Sughrue treat Charles Gleeson? Why?
9. According to Catherine, what is Trahearne and Melinda's marriage like?
10. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)