|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) A midwestern state.
2. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
3. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
(a) Trahearne passes out.
(b) Catherine took Trahearne away.
(c) Sughrue wants to investigate Melinda.
(d) Melinda will not let him leave the table.
4. After Sughrue finds Trahearne, what starts the fight in the bar concerning a regular patron and Sughrue?
(a) Sughrue's inability to pay.
(b) A woman sitting by the regular patron.
(c) Drunk men fighting over the pool table.
(d) Sughrue's attempts at casual conversation.
5. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
(a) Torture techniques he learned in Vietnam.
(b) The way he harmed small animals.
(c) His well connected and dangerous friends.
(d) Robberies he got away with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Melinda the first time Sughrue sees her?
2. How does Albert Griffith feel about Betty Sue, even after marriage and fathering two kids?
3. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
4. What plans does Sughrue make with a nurse while visiting Trahearne?
5. What occupation does Melinda have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
2. Why would Sughrue just accept the beatings from Jackson's men?
3. How does Trahearne's interpretation of Catherine align with what the audience knows about her?
4. How does Sughrue treat Charles Gleeson? Why?
5. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
6. What prompts Sughrue to say he will "rise and do what [he] knew he had to do, to what [he] owed the women"?
7. How do Selma Hinds' actions characterize her?
8. What is upsetting Sughrue about Betty Sue as the search continues? Why?
9. What is shown by Trahearne's ex-wife hiring a private investigator to follow him?
10. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)