|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Betty Sue leave the commune with?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) A john.
(d) Randall Jackson.
2. What best describes Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Bitter, angry and volatile.
(b) Smart, irritated and busy.
(c) Ignorant and uncaring.
(d) Caring and compassionate.
3. Who lives with Catherine?
(b) Eight cats.
(d) An escaped convict.
4. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
(a) That she wishes to be Betty Sue.
(b) That Betty Sue abuses people.
(c) That Betty Sue is disgusting.
(d) That she fell in love with Betty Sue.
5. What did Sughure do after Vietnam that many other soldiers did as well?
(a) Tried to get back into the military.
(b) Tried to disappear into the drug scene in San Francisco.
(c) Applied for jobs.
(d) Became homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of sculptures does Melinda make?
2. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
3. What is Albert Griffith's occupation?
4. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
5. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Sughrue's descriptions of Albert Griffith accurate? Why or why not?
2. How does Peggy Blain's explanation of Betty Sue contribute to the development of Betty Sue's allure?
3. Why is it significant that Albert Griffith searched the morgue for Betty Sue?
4. What does Melinda's present life say about her now?
5. How has Sughrue's self-described "mean streak" affected his life thus far?
6. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
7. Sughrue is uncomfortable about Catherine and Trahearne's mother living together. Why?
8. What prompts Sughrue to say he will "rise and do what [he] knew he had to do, to what [he] owed the women"?
9. How do Selma Hinds' actions characterize her?
10. How does Betty Sue have the power to make Sughrue fall under her spell when they have never met?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)