|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
(b) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
(c) She is dead.
(d) He doesn't want to see her.
2. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
(a) Abusing people and things.
(b) Making people love her.
(c) Stealing and robbery.
(d) Counting cards in Las Vegas.
3. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(b) A fake arm.
(c) Her hairstyle.
(d) Tattoos up her back.
4. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
(a) Hunting down runaways.
(b) Cooking in a bar.
(c) Managing an office.
(d) Running a gym.
5. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
(a) A midwestern state.
(c) The heart of nearby San Francisco,
(d) The east coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
2. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
3. What body part of Trahearne's end up shot in the bar fight?
4. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
5. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sughrue's drastic actions with Jackson say about his involvement in the case?
2. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
3. What does Melinda's present life say about her now?
4. How has Sughrue's self-described "mean streak" affected his life thus far?
5. Are Sughrue's descriptions of Albert Griffith accurate? Why or why not?
6. What events does the use of alcohol foreshadow as the book opens?
7. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
8. Why is it significant that Albert Griffith searched the morgue for Betty Sue?
9. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
10. What is upsetting Sughrue about Betty Sue as the search continues? Why?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)