|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
(a) An invoice.
(b) A ride into town.
(c) Help finding her mother.
(d) A relationship.
2. How does Sughrue describe Albert Griffith?
(a) Demeaning and cocky.
(b) Kind but slow.
(c) Intelligent and impressive.
(d) Desperate to impress.
3. Who does Sughrue encounter during a walk through the woods?
(a) A homeless person.
(b) Woodland creatures.
4. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She knew their relationship would not work.
(b) She loved him even more.
(c) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
(d) She wanted nothing to do with him.
5. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(a) He shakes his head in sadness.
(c) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
2. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
3. What occupation does Melinda have?
4. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
5. How does Charles Gleeson know Betty Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sughrue's self-described "mean streak" affected his life thus far?
2. What does Melinda's present life say about her now?
3. How do Trahearne's novels parallel his personality and life?
4. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
5. How does Sughrue's remark about his job and "the chase being over" indirectly characterize him?
6. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
7. Sughrue and the nurse connect quickly. What side of his personality does this event reveal?
8. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
9. How does Betty Sue have the power to make Sughrue fall under her spell when they have never met?
10. What do Sughrue and Trahearne's interactions with the nurse teach the readers about these two men?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)