|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) His home in Montana.
(b) A job interview.
(c) Another party.
(d) Trahearne's home.
2. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He was not attracted to her.
(b) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
(c) He was too attracted to her mother.
(d) He was ashamed at abusing her.
3. What best describes Betty Sue and Albert Griffith's intimacy?
(a) They never slept together.
(b) They only slept together a few times.
4. After seeing Melinda's sculptures, what does Sughrue go to bed thinking?
(a) He won't stay with Trahearne long.
(b) He will pay what he owed the women.
(c) He will stay with Melinda.
(d) He wants a marriage like Trahearne and Melinda's.
5. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(d) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sughrue encounter during a walk through the woods?
2. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
3. What does Saghrue reveal about Trahearne's mother?
4. What occupation does Melinda have?
5. How many years did it take Betty Sue to call Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sughrue's self-described "mean streak" affected his life thus far?
2. Why is it significant that Albert Griffith searched the morgue for Betty Sue?
3. What is Trahearne's failure to write symbolic of? How?
4. How do the activities that Sughrue and Stacy do epitomize their relationship?
5. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
6. What is the novel's tone as Sughrue and Stacy stage an assault on Hyland's house?
7. What does Melinda's present life say about her now?
8. Why would Sughrue just accept the beatings from Jackson's men?
9. Is Sughrue's reaction to finding Melinda at Selma's home realistic? Why?
10. What is the meaning behind Sughrue seeing one of Melinda's sculptures before he finds her body?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)