|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sughrue describe Albert Griffith?
(a) Kind but slow.
(b) Intelligent and impressive.
(c) Demeaning and cocky.
(d) Desperate to impress.
2. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He searched for her for years.
(b) He cared but didn't know what to do.
(c) He never thought of her again.
(d) He entered a deep depression.
3. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) She is dead.
(b) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
(c) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
(d) He doesn't want to see her.
4. After Sughrue finds Trahearne, what starts the fight in the bar concerning a regular patron and Sughrue?
(a) Sughrue's inability to pay.
(b) A woman sitting by the regular patron.
(c) Drunk men fighting over the pool table.
(d) Sughrue's attempts at casual conversation.
5. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Melinda have?
2. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
3. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
4. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
5. Who lives with Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betty Sue have the power to make Sughrue fall under her spell when they have never met?
2. What does Charles Gleeson's relationship with Betty Sue symbolize?
3. What is Jimmy Joe Flowers like?
4. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
5. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
6. What does Sughrue's drastic actions with Jackson say about his involvement in the case?
7. How does Trahearne's interpretation of Catherine align with what the audience knows about her?
8. How does Trahearne react to the porn Professor Richter shows him and Sughrue?
9. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
10. Sughrue and the nurse connect quickly. What side of his personality does this event reveal?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)