|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sughrue encounter during a walk through the woods?
(c) Woodland creatures.
(d) A homeless person.
2. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(b) Private investigator.
3. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(c) A midwestern state.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He treats women terribly.
(b) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
(c) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(d) He married Betty Sue.
5. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
(a) Help finding her mother.
(b) A ride into town.
(c) An invoice.
(d) A relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part of Trahearne's end up shot in the bar fight?
2. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
3. How does Sughrue describe Albert Griffith?
4. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
5. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
2. What does Sughrue's interactions with Jackson show about his investigative skills?
3. What does Charles Gleeson's relationship with Betty Sue symbolize?
4. Why would Sughrue just accept the beatings from Jackson's men?
5. What tone is set when Sughrue says people in his business need "a moral certitude that I no longer even claimed to possess"?
6. How do Trahearne's novels parallel his personality and life?
7. What events does the use of alcohol foreshadow as the book opens?
8. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
9. What does the audience learn about Trahearne's mother?
10. How do Selma Hinds' actions characterize her?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)