|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
(b) Got arrested.
(c) Fell in love and married.
(d) Ran a porn store.
2. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
(a) That Betty Sue doesn't want to be found.
(b) That Betty Sue is dead.
(c) That Betty Sue is imprisoned.
(d) That Betty Sue is a porn star.
3. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
(a) Ways to sneak out of the bar.
(b) An alibi for Trahearne.
(c) A cover story.
(d) Methods of getting money for bail.
4. How did Trahearne's mother seek revenge on those who hurt her?
(a) Escaping from prison.
(c) Bought out the entire town.
(d) Married a rich man.
5. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
2. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
3. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
4. After speaking to Jimmy, what do Saghrue and Trahearne tell Rosie?
5. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sughrue is uncomfortable about Catherine and Trahearne's mother living together. Why?
2. How do Trahearne's novels parallel his personality and life?
3. How does Trahearne react to the porn Professor Richter shows him and Sughrue?
4. What events does the use of alcohol foreshadow as the book opens?
5. What do Sughrue and Trahearne's interactions with the nurse teach the readers about these two men?
6. What is upsetting Sughrue about Betty Sue as the search continues? Why?
7. What does Melinda's present life say about her now?
8. Sughrue and the nurse connect quickly. What side of his personality does this event reveal?
9. What does Charles Gleeson's relationship with Betty Sue symbolize?
10. How does Betty Sue have the power to make Sughrue fall under her spell when they have never met?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)