Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(b) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(c) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(d) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
2. Trahearne's ex-wife tells Sughrue to look where for him?
(a) The library, writing and researching.
(c) His regular hangouts, bars.
(d) On the streets.
3. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) A job interview.
(b) His home in Montana.
(c) Trahearne's home.
(d) Another party.
4. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Interrogate other guests.
(b) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
(c) Steal money from the desk.
(d) Have sex with another guest.
5. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
(a) Got her into drug rehab.
(b) Hired a lawyer to handle her divorce.
(c) Bought her freedom from her pimp.
(d) Helped Betty Sue get her life back together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melinda's life story, as Melinda tells Sughrue?
2. What information does Selma Hinds have concerning Betty Sue?
3. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
4. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
5. What sort of sculptures does Melinda make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by Trahearne's eagerness to travel with Sughrue in the search for Betty Sue?
2. Why would Melinda tell Sughrue he doesn't know her at all?
3. Why would Betty Sue need convincing to contact Rosie?
4. Why does Sughrue threaten Trahearne at the novel's close?
5. How does Trahearne and Sughrue's war-story telling force them to bond?
6. Why would Trahearne try to commit suicide?
7. How does Trahearne's interpretation of Catherine align with what the audience knows about her?
8. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
9. How does Betty Sue have the power to make Sughrue fall under her spell when they have never met?
10. How has Sughrue's self-described "mean streak" affected his life thus far?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)