|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) A job interview.
(b) Trahearne's home.
(c) Another party.
(d) His home in Montana.
2. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He has leads to help Sughrue.
(b) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(c) He has never traveled before.
(d) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
3. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) His home.
(b) The movie theater.
(d) A shopping center.
4. What occupation does Melinda have?
(c) Personal trainer.
5. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Saghure track Peggy Bain to?
2. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
3. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
4. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
5. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sughrue and Rosie concoct a story for the police. How does this story indirectly characterize them?
2. What events does the use of alcohol foreshadow as the book opens?
3. What does Charles Gleeson's relationship with Betty Sue symbolize?
4. How does Peggy Blain's explanation of Betty Sue contribute to the development of Betty Sue's allure?
5. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
6. How does Sughrue treat Charles Gleeson? Why?
7. Why would Sughrue just accept the beatings from Jackson's men?
8. What does Melinda's present life say about her now?
9. How does Trahearne react to the porn Professor Richter shows him and Sughrue?
10. What prompts Sughrue to say he will "rise and do what [he] knew he had to do, to what [he] owed the women"?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)