|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
(a) A few days.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
2. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
3. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
4. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
5. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He has leads to help Sughrue.
(b) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(c) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
(d) He has never traveled before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
2. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
3. What is Rosie willing to pay Sughrue for?
4. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
5. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sughrue's interactions with Jackson show about his investigative skills?
2. What do Sughrue and Trahearne's interactions with the nurse teach the readers about these two men?
3. What prompts Sughrue to say he will "rise and do what [he] knew he had to do, to what [he] owed the women"?
4. How do Selma Hinds' actions characterize her?
5. How does Sughrue's remark about his job and "the chase being over" indirectly characterize him?
6. Are Sughrue's descriptions of Albert Griffith accurate? Why or why not?
7. Is Edna's treatment of Sughrue out of character for her? Why?
8. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
9. How does Sughrue treat Charles Gleeson? Why?
10. What is foreshadowed by Trahearne's eagerness to travel with Sughrue in the search for Betty Sue?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)