|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert Griffith feel about Betty Sue, even after marriage and fathering two kids?
(a) He wants to befriend her.
(b) He wishes never to see her again.
(c) He questions leaving her.
(d) He is desperately in love with her.
2. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
(b) She wanted nothing to do with him.
(c) She loved him even more.
(d) She knew their relationship would not work.
3. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(c) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
(d) He shakes his head in sadness.
4. After speaking to Jimmy, what do Saghrue and Trahearne tell Rosie?
(a) They know with certainty that Betty Sue is dead.
(b) Betty Sue does not want to be found.
(c) Betty Sue has an ugly past her mother shouldn't hear about.
(d) The search for Betty Sue has turned up nothing.
5. Who pays Sughrue's bill in the search for Trahearne?
(a) Betty Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
2. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
3. What body part of Trahearne's end up shot in the bar fight?
4. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
5. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Sughrue won't accept Melinda?
2. How has Sughrue's self-described "mean streak" affected his life thus far?
3. What is foreshadowed by Trahearne's eagerness to travel with Sughrue in the search for Betty Sue?
4. What is Jimmy Joe Flowers like?
5. How does Sughrue treat Charles Gleeson? Why?
6. Sughrue and the nurse connect quickly. What side of his personality does this event reveal?
7. How would Sughrue be affected by his experiences in Vietnam and the discovery of the butchered 14-year old boy?
8. What is shown by Trahearne's ex-wife hiring a private investigator to follow him?
9. How does Trahearne react to the porn Professor Richter shows him and Sughrue?
10. What do Sughrue and Trahearne's interactions with the nurse teach the readers about these two men?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)