|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After he met Sughrue.
(b) After he married Melinda.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) After his car wreck.
2. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(b) Melinda must speak to the police.
(c) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(d) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
3. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
(a) Stacy poses as a porn actress.
(b) Stacy secretly tapes her conversation with Jackson.
(c) Stacy robs Jackson.
(d) Stacy finds money to pay everyone off.
4. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
(b) Illegal drugs.
(c) A dog fighting ring.
5. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To find Torres.
(b) To sell some some of her sculptures.
(c) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(d) To get her college transcripts.
6. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
(a) Rushes in with his shotgun.
(b) Brought more people over.
(c) Calls in the police.
(d) Recited poetry.
7. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) The police waiting for them.
(b) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
(c) A notice to leave town.
(d) The money they need to leave town.
8. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A package.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A book.
9. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
(b) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(c) The police found out about it.
(d) She had a seizure.
10. After making the agreement between Sughrue and Torres, where do Sughrue and the others take Jackson?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An alley.
(c) His home.
(d) His office.
11. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(c) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(d) Gets Melinda on the phone.
12. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
(b) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
(c) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(d) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
13. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She goes into shock.
(b) She cries and faints.
(c) She refuses to believe it.
(d) She hits Sughrue.
14. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
(b) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(c) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(d) Melinda is Betty Sue.
15. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
(a) Sughrue accidentally killed a family of civilians in Vietnam.
(b) Sughrue actually was never in war.
(c) Sughrue left a wife in Vietnam.
(d) Sughrue had nightmares from the events.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
2. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
3. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
4. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
5. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)