|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A package.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) A book.
(d) A postcard.
2. When did Trahearne realize Sughrue had the investigative skills he lacked?
(a) During a swim at the hotel pool.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) When Sughrue came into the bar.
(d) While at the ranch.
3. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Flowers and nature.
(b) Romance and heartbreak.
(c) Youth and stupidity.
(d) Love and forgiveness.
4. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to run from his problems.
(b) How to drink.
(c) How to kill and how to live.
(d) How to treat women.
5. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
(a) Why does she have an abdomen scar?
(b) Where are her parents?
(c) How does she make so much money?
(d) Who is she sleeping with on her trips?
6. What does Sughrue do for Stacy after she wakes during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) He holds her.
(b) He makes love to her.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He gets her coffee.
7. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
(c) Sughrue's home.
(d) The back of a car.
8. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
(a) Quite faithful.
(b) She tried to stay committed to him.
(c) Consistently unfaithful.
(d) She had only one affair.
9. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(a) Betty Sue.
(b) A death threat.
(d) Jackson's men.
10. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
(b) Illegal drugs.
(c) A dog fighting ring.
11. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Keep Trahearne sober.
(b) Follow Melinda.
(c) Investigate his mother.
(d) Find Torres.
12. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They have feelings for each other.
(b) They dislike each other.
(c) They used each other.
(d) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
13. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Half a year.
(d) Sixty days.
14. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) His acreage.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Selma's house.
(d) Stacy's house.
15. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
(a) A pet dog.
(b) Betty Sue's husband.
(c) Selma's mother.
(d) Selma's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
2. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
3. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
4. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
5. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)