|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
(a) Sughrue accidentally killed a family of civilians in Vietnam.
(b) Sughrue had nightmares from the events.
(c) Sughrue left a wife in Vietnam.
(d) Sughrue actually was never in war.
2. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
(a) One year.
(b) Half a year.
(c) Sixty days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Feeds her.
(b) Cleans her up.
(c) Negotiates for her.
(d) Gives her a blanket.
4. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
(b) During one of his hospital stays.
(c) When she graduated college.
(d) While he was engaged to Melinda.
5. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Finding out who Melinda was.
(b) Find Melinda's car.
(c) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(d) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
6. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
(a) She fell in love.
(b) She got in trouble with Jackson.
(c) She opened a tattoo parlor.
(d) She went to college.
7. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(b) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(c) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(d) Melinda is an undercover cop.
8. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
(a) A horoscope.
(b) Selma's daughter's obituary.
(c) A clipping from Melinda's theater days.
(d) An advertisement.
9. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He feels pain and loss.
(d) He feels relief.
10. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
11. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(b) A death threat.
(c) Betty Sue.
(d) Jackson's men.
12. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
(a) His mother.
(b) The maid.
(c) His sister.
(d) An imaginary friend.
13. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She refuses to believe it.
(b) She cries and faints.
(c) She goes into shock.
(d) She hits Sughrue.
14. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
(a) Who will he track down now?
(b) Why does he want to escape Melinda?
(c) How did he get this current job?
(d) What Sughrue and Trahearne did while Trahearne was gone?
15. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(b) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(c) Melinda must speak to the police.
(d) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
2. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
3. How does Catherine try to end her relationship with Sughrue?
4. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
5. What does Trahearne want to make his novel different than?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)