|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
(b) He asks for money.
(c) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(d) He teases her about Trahearne.
2. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
(a) Stacy poses as a porn actress.
(b) Stacy finds money to pay everyone off.
(c) Stacy robs Jackson.
(d) Stacy secretly tapes her conversation with Jackson.
3. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
(a) Small jobs.
(b) Donating blood.
4. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) When she graduated college.
(b) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(c) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
(d) During one of his hospital stays.
5. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She throws up.
(b) She has a shocked reaction.
(c) She sleepwalks.
(d) She passes out.
6. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(c) Gets Melinda on the phone.
(d) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
7. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) He had only one affair.
(b) Not very faithful.
(c) Incredibly faithful.
(d) He attempted faithfulness several times.
8. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
(a) Not eating.
(b) Self mutilating.
(c) Hair pulling.
(d) Binge drinking.
9. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(b) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(c) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(d) Melinda belongs to the mob.
10. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) The police waiting for them.
(b) A notice to leave town.
(c) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
(d) The money they need to leave town.
11. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
(a) Paperwork to sign.
(b) Family heirlooms.
(c) A shotgun.
12. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to end his life.
(b) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(c) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
(d) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
13. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) The library.
(b) A strip mall.
(c) A book store.
(d) A strip bar.
14. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
(a) She fell in love.
(b) She got in trouble with Jackson.
(c) She opened a tattoo parlor.
(d) She went to college.
15. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
2. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
3. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
4. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
5. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)