|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
(b) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(c) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
(d) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
2. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
(b) They have feelings for each other.
(c) They dislike each other.
(d) They used each other.
3. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An armed, violent assault.
(b) An escape from the police.
(c) A robbery and assault.
(d) A hiding place.
4. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) Going to movies and diners.
(b) Eating takeout food and sleeping in.
(c) Walking in the park and dreaming.
(d) Reading to each other and sleeping.
5. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
(a) Calls in the police.
(b) Brought more people over.
(c) Rushes in with his shotgun.
(d) Recited poetry.
6. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
(b) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
(c) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
(d) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
7. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
(b) Trahearne wants to end his life.
(c) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
(d) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
8. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(b) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(c) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(d) Melinda belongs to the mob.
9. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
(a) She wants to hurt him.
(b) She cares for him.
(c) She feels no physical attraction to him.
(d) She wants to sleep with him.
10. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She has a shocked reaction.
(b) She throws up.
(c) She sleepwalks.
(d) She passes out.
11. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(c) A computer.
12. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(b) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(c) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(d) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
13. What does Sughrue do to Torres's hand?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Permanently brands it.
(c) Cuts off a finger.
(d) Shoots his hand off.
14. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) Stacy's house.
(b) Selma's house.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) His acreage.
15. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
(a) Trahearne has grown to hate her.
(b) Trahearne needs to settle down in life.
(c) Trahearne cannot live without her.
(d) Trahearne loves her more than anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
2. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
3. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
4. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
5. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)