|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) A robbery and assault.
(b) An escape from the police.
(c) An armed, violent assault.
(d) A hiding place.
2. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
3. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
(a) A dog fighting ring.
(b) Illegal drugs.
4. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(c) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(d) Gets Melinda on the phone.
5. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
(b) Trahearne wants to end his life.
(c) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(d) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
6. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) Paperwork to sign.
(c) Family heirlooms.
7. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She hits Sughrue.
(b) She cries and faints.
(c) She refuses to believe it.
(d) She goes into shock.
8. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She sleepwalks.
(b) She has a shocked reaction.
(c) She throws up.
(d) She passes out.
9. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
(a) She feels no physical attraction to him.
(b) She wants to sleep with him.
(c) She wants to hurt him.
(d) She cares for him.
10. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He teases her about Trahearne.
(b) He asks for money.
(c) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(d) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
11. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
(a) Trahearne cannot live without her.
(b) Trahearne has grown to hate her.
(c) Trahearne loves her more than anything.
(d) Trahearne needs to settle down in life.
12. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are drinking too much.
(b) The men are arguing over her.
(c) The men are helping Melinda.
(d) The men are physically fighting.
13. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Flowers and nature.
(b) Romance and heartbreak.
(c) Youth and stupidity.
(d) Love and forgiveness.
14. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) The back of a car.
(d) Sughrue's home.
15. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) He attempted faithfulness several times.
(b) Not very faithful.
(c) He had only one affair.
(d) Incredibly faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
2. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
3. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
4. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
5. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)