|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Find Melinda's car.
(b) Finding out who Melinda was.
(c) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(d) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
2. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An escape from the police.
(b) A robbery and assault.
(c) An armed, violent assault.
(d) A hiding place.
3. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
(a) Paperwork to sign.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) Family heirlooms.
4. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
(a) Sixty days.
(b) Half a year.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(b) A computer.
6. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With money.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With a passionate kiss.
(d) With a letter.
7. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
(a) Drive around.
(b) Kiss and nothing else.
(c) Go on a picnic.
(d) Drink coffee.
8. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) A notice to leave town.
(b) The money they need to leave town.
(c) The police waiting for them.
(d) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
9. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
(a) Knocks him in the head.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Handcuffs him.
(d) Allows him to escape.
10. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
(c) The back of a car.
(d) Sughrue's home.
11. What does Sughrue do at his acreage in Montana?
(a) Writes a novel.
(b) Stops worrying about Betty Sue and Rosie.
(c) Recovers from the beating he received from Jackson's men.
(d) Starts a daily exercise regimen.
12. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
(a) Consistently unfaithful.
(b) She tried to stay committed to him.
(c) Quite faithful.
(d) She had only one affair.
13. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She cries and faints.
(b) She goes into shock.
(c) She refuses to believe it.
(d) She hits Sughrue.
14. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
(a) He had a wild streak.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was submissive.
(d) He was in a war.
15. What does Sughrue do for Stacy after she wakes during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) He holds her.
(b) He gets her coffee.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He makes love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
2. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
3. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
4. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
5. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)