|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(b) During one of his hospital stays.
(c) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
(d) When she graduated college.
2. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) His acreage.
(c) Selma's house.
(d) Stacy's house.
3. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(c) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(d) Gets Melinda on the phone.
4. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Find Melinda's car.
(b) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(c) Finding out who Melinda was.
(d) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
5. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) Sughrue's home.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) The back of a car.
(d) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
6. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
(b) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(c) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
(d) Trahearne wants to end his life.
7. What does Sughrue do to Torres's hand?
(a) Shoots his hand off.
(b) Permanently brands it.
(c) Cuts off a finger.
(d) Shakes his hand.
8. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A college degree.
(c) To help Selma.
(d) To pay off the mob.
9. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to treat women.
(b) How to run from his problems.
(c) How to drink.
(d) How to kill and how to live.
10. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(b) The police found out about it.
(c) She had a seizure.
(d) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
11. What does Sughrue do at his acreage in Montana?
(a) Writes a novel.
(b) Recovers from the beating he received from Jackson's men.
(c) Stops worrying about Betty Sue and Rosie.
(d) Starts a daily exercise regimen.
12. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
(a) Who will he track down now?
(b) What Sughrue and Trahearne did while Trahearne was gone?
(c) Why does he want to escape Melinda?
(d) How did he get this current job?
13. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A book.
(c) A package.
(d) Some jewelry.
14. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was in a war.
(c) He was submissive.
(d) He had a wild streak.
15. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Negotiates for her.
(b) Feeds her.
(c) Cleans her up.
(d) Gives her a blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
2. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
3. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
4. What does Sughrue do for Stacy after she wakes during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
5. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)