|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(b) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
(c) Melinda must figure it out herself.
(d) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
2. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
(b) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
(c) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(d) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
3. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(b) When she graduated college.
(c) During one of his hospital stays.
(d) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
4. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(b) Gets Melinda on the phone.
(c) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(d) Encourages him to get drunk.
5. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
(a) Knocks him in the head.
(b) Allows him to escape.
(c) Handcuffs him.
(d) Kills him.
6. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
(a) Who will he track down now?
(b) Why does he want to escape Melinda?
(c) What Sughrue and Trahearne did while Trahearne was gone?
(d) How did he get this current job?
7. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(b) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
(c) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
(d) Trahearne wants to end his life.
8. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Keep Trahearne sober.
(b) Follow Melinda.
(c) Find Torres.
(d) Investigate his mother.
9. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
(a) His sister.
(b) The maid.
(c) An imaginary friend.
(d) His mother.
10. What do Sughrue and Stacy do to Torres when they first arrive at Hyland's home?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Shoot him into submission.
(c) Bring the police to interrogate him.
(d) Put him in a separate room.
11. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) A strip bar.
(c) The library.
(d) A book store.
12. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Flowers and nature.
(b) Youth and stupidity.
(c) Love and forgiveness.
(d) Romance and heartbreak.
13. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
(b) Donating blood.
(d) Small jobs.
14. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
(a) Brought more people over.
(b) Rushes in with his shotgun.
(c) Recited poetry.
(d) Calls in the police.
15. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(b) Betty Sue.
(c) A death threat.
(d) Jackson's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
2. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
3. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
4. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
5. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)