|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine try to end her relationship with Sughrue?
(a) With cold glances.
(b) With a polite kiss.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With a phone number exchange.
2. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
(a) Trahearne cannot live without her.
(b) Trahearne loves her more than anything.
(c) Trahearne needs to settle down in life.
(d) Trahearne has grown to hate her.
3. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
(a) Family heirlooms.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) Paperwork to sign.
4. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Melinda must figure it out herself.
(b) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
(c) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(d) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
5. What does Sughrue do for Stacy after she wakes during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) He makes love to her.
(b) He gets her coffee.
(c) He holds her.
(d) He leaves her.
6. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(b) To get her college transcripts.
(c) To find Torres.
(d) To sell some some of her sculptures.
7. What do Sughrue and Stacy do to Torres when they first arrive at Hyland's home?
(a) Put him in a separate room.
(b) Shoot him into submission.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Bring the police to interrogate him.
8. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
(a) One year.
(b) Half a year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Sixty days.
9. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) The garden.
(b) Sughrue's car.
(c) Melinda's room.
(d) A bar.
10. What do Jackson and his men do at the Hind's home?
(a) Hurt Selma and send her to the hospital.
(b) Shoot the animals and kidnap Melinda.
(c) Steal all the jewelry and electronics.
(d) Kidnap Jimmy Joe.
11. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
(a) Drive around.
(b) Drink coffee.
(c) Kiss and nothing else.
(d) Go on a picnic.
12. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With a letter.
(b) With money.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With a passionate kiss.
13. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) Incredibly faithful.
(b) He had only one affair.
(c) He attempted faithfulness several times.
(d) Not very faithful.
14. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) During one of his hospital stays.
(b) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(c) When she graduated college.
(d) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
15. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(b) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(c) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(d) Melinda is an undercover cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
2. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
3. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
4. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
5. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)