|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to drink.
(b) How to kill and how to live.
(c) How to run from his problems.
(d) How to treat women.
2. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After he married Melinda.
(b) After he met Sughrue.
(c) After his car wreck.
(d) After his mother died.
3. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(b) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(c) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
(d) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
4. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) She had a seizure.
(b) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
(c) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(d) The police found out about it.
5. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are drinking too much.
(b) The men are helping Melinda.
(c) The men are physically fighting.
(d) The men are arguing over her.
6. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
(a) Brought more people over.
(b) Calls in the police.
(c) Recited poetry.
(d) Rushes in with his shotgun.
7. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
(b) A computer.
(d) Peace and quiet.
8. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(c) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(d) Gets Melinda on the phone.
9. After making the agreement between Sughrue and Torres, where do Sughrue and the others take Jackson?
(a) His home.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An alley.
(d) His office.
10. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
(a) A pet dog.
(b) Betty Sue's husband.
(c) Selma's mother.
(d) Selma's daughter.
11. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) Sughrue's home.
(b) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) The back of a car.
12. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) The garden.
(b) A bar.
(c) Melinda's room.
(d) Sughrue's car.
13. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(b) Melinda must speak to the police.
(c) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
(d) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
14. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
(b) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(c) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
(d) Melinda must figure it out herself.
15. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An escape from the police.
(b) An armed, violent assault.
(c) A robbery and assault.
(d) A hiding place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
2. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
3. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
4. What does Sughrue do to Torres's hand?
5. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)