|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They dislike each other.
(b) They have feelings for each other.
(c) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
(d) They used each other.
2. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Romance and heartbreak.
(b) Youth and stupidity.
(c) Flowers and nature.
(d) Love and forgiveness.
3. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
(a) Stacy secretly tapes her conversation with Jackson.
(b) Stacy finds money to pay everyone off.
(c) Stacy robs Jackson.
(d) Stacy poses as a porn actress.
4. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(b) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(c) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(d) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
5. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) He attempted faithfulness several times.
(b) He had only one affair.
(c) Not very faithful.
(d) Incredibly faithful.
6. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He feels pain and loss.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He feels relief.
(d) He slaps her.
7. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
8. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) A bar.
(b) Melinda's room.
(c) Sughrue's car.
(d) The garden.
9. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After he married Melinda.
(b) After he met Sughrue.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) After his car wreck.
10. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With a passionate kiss.
(c) With money.
(d) With a letter.
11. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
(b) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(c) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
(d) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
12. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
(a) How does she make so much money?
(b) Who is she sleeping with on her trips?
(c) Why does she have an abdomen scar?
(d) Where are her parents?
13. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(b) To get her college transcripts.
(c) To sell some some of her sculptures.
(d) To find Torres.
14. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
(b) Sughrue insults Selma.
(c) Selma hates confrontation.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
15. What does Sughrue do for Stacy after she wakes during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) He makes love to her.
(b) He holds her.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He gets her coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
2. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
3. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
4. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
5. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)