|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) The garden.
(b) Melinda's room.
(c) A bar.
(d) Sughrue's car.
2. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(a) A death threat.
(b) Jackson's men.
(c) Betty Sue.
3. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(b) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
(c) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(d) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
4. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
(a) Rushes in with his shotgun.
(b) Recited poetry.
(c) Brought more people over.
(d) Calls in the police.
5. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(b) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(c) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(d) Melinda belongs to the mob.
6. How does Catherine try to end her relationship with Sughrue?
(a) With cold glances.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a polite kiss.
(d) With a phone number exchange.
7. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) Eating takeout food and sleeping in.
(b) Going to movies and diners.
(c) Walking in the park and dreaming.
(d) Reading to each other and sleeping.
8. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
9. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
(a) She fell in love.
(b) She went to college.
(c) She opened a tattoo parlor.
(d) She got in trouble with Jackson.
10. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) The police found out about it.
(b) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(c) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
(d) She had a seizure.
11. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(b) He teases her about Trahearne.
(c) He asks for money.
(d) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
12. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An armed, violent assault.
(b) A hiding place.
(c) An escape from the police.
(d) A robbery and assault.
13. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) To help Selma.
(b) A college degree.
(c) To pay off the mob.
(d) A vacation.
14. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
(a) Sughrue thinks Melinda is dangerous.
(b) Sughrue knows Melinda and Trahearne love each other.
(c) Sughrue does not want to anger Trahearne.
(d) Sughrue is developing feelings for Stacy.
15. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
(a) Trahearne loves her more than anything.
(b) Trahearne needs to settle down in life.
(c) Trahearne has grown to hate her.
(d) Trahearne cannot live without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
2. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
3. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
4. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
5. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)