|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to drink.
(b) How to kill and how to live.
(c) How to treat women.
(d) How to run from his problems.
2. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) A vacation.
(b) To help Selma.
(c) To pay off the mob.
(d) A college degree.
3. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He asks for money.
(b) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
(c) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(d) He teases her about Trahearne.
4. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(a) No one.
5. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) Not very faithful.
(b) He had only one affair.
(c) Incredibly faithful.
(d) He attempted faithfulness several times.
6. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An armed, violent assault.
(b) An escape from the police.
(c) A robbery and assault.
(d) A hiding place.
7. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
(a) She tried to stay committed to him.
(b) She had only one affair.
(c) Consistently unfaithful.
(d) Quite faithful.
8. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
(a) Sughrue left a wife in Vietnam.
(b) Sughrue accidentally killed a family of civilians in Vietnam.
(c) Sughrue actually was never in war.
(d) Sughrue had nightmares from the events.
9. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must speak to the police.
(b) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(c) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(d) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
10. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(b) Jackson's men.
(c) A death threat.
(d) Betty Sue.
11. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma hates confrontation.
(b) Sughrue insults Selma.
(c) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
12. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
(a) Hair pulling.
(b) Binge drinking.
(c) Self mutilating.
(d) Not eating.
13. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
14. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) A computer.
15. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A package.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
2. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
3. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
4. What does Sughrue do at his acreage in Montana?
5. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)