|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne do to interrupt the scenario Sughrue is arranging inside Hyland's home?
(a) Rushes in with his shotgun.
(b) Recited poetry.
(c) Calls in the police.
(d) Brought more people over.
2. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(b) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(c) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(d) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
3. What do Sughrue and Stacy do to Torres when they first arrive at Hyland's home?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Bring the police to interrogate him.
(c) Put him in a separate room.
(d) Shoot him into submission.
4. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(b) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(c) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(d) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
5. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He feels pain and loss.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He feels relief.
6. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Youth and stupidity.
(b) Love and forgiveness.
(c) Flowers and nature.
(d) Romance and heartbreak.
7. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are physically fighting.
(b) The men are drinking too much.
(c) The men are arguing over her.
(d) The men are helping Melinda.
8. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(d) No one.
9. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
(b) The money they need to leave town.
(c) A notice to leave town.
(d) The police waiting for them.
10. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
(a) Drink coffee.
(b) Drive around.
(c) Go on a picnic.
(d) Kiss and nothing else.
11. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Find Torres.
(b) Keep Trahearne sober.
(c) Follow Melinda.
(d) Investigate his mother.
12. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(b) Melinda must speak to the police.
(c) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
(d) Melinda must star in one more porn.
13. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) His acreage.
(c) Stacy's house.
(d) Selma's house.
14. What has Trahearne decided about the money Melinda owes?
(a) Trahearne will get an advance from a publisher.
(b) Melinda must figure it out herself.
(c) Trahearne can only get a fourth of it for Melinda.
(d) Melinda and her family will never find that money.
15. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They used each other.
(b) They dislike each other.
(c) They have feelings for each other.
(d) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
2. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
3. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
4. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
5. What does Sughrue do at his acreage in Montana?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)