|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
(a) To get her food.
(b) To take her to the hospital.
(c) To go away.
(d) To make love to her.
2. What do Sughrue and Stacy do to Torres when they first arrive at Hyland's home?
(a) Put him in a separate room.
(b) Bring the police to interrogate him.
(c) Shoot him into submission.
(d) Kidnap him.
3. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(b) He teases her about Trahearne.
(c) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
(d) He asks for money.
4. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) The library.
(c) A book store.
(d) A strip bar.
5. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With a passionate kiss.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With money.
(d) With a letter.
6. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
(a) She had only one affair.
(b) Consistently unfaithful.
(c) She tried to stay committed to him.
(d) Quite faithful.
7. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Encourages him to get drunk.
(b) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(c) Gets Melinda on the phone.
(d) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
8. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
(a) Binge drinking.
(b) Self mutilating.
(c) Hair pulling.
(d) Not eating.
9. What do Sughrue and Stacy find in Hyland's home?
(a) Illegal drugs.
(b) A dog fighting ring.
10. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
(a) Sughrue had nightmares from the events.
(b) Sughrue left a wife in Vietnam.
(c) Sughrue actually was never in war.
(d) Sughrue accidentally killed a family of civilians in Vietnam.
11. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) To pay off the mob.
(b) A college degree.
(c) To help Selma.
(d) A vacation.
12. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Find Melinda's car.
(b) Finding out who Melinda was.
(c) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(d) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
13. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
(b) Small jobs.
(d) Donating blood.
14. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma hates confrontation.
(b) Sughrue insults Selma.
(c) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
15. When did Trahearne realize Sughrue had the investigative skills he lacked?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) During a swim at the hotel pool.
(c) When Sughrue came into the bar.
(d) While at the ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
2. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
3. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
4. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
5. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)