|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
(a) Betty Sue.
(b) Jackson's men.
(c) A death threat.
2. When did Trahearne realize Sughrue had the investigative skills he lacked?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) During a swim at the hotel pool.
(c) While at the ranch.
(d) When Sughrue came into the bar.
3. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
(a) She wants too serious of a relationship.
(b) She leaves all men.
(c) She is connected to one of his friends.
(d) She might stalk him.
4. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A postcard.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) A book.
(d) A package.
5. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(b) To get her college transcripts.
(c) To find Torres.
(d) To sell some some of her sculptures.
6. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(b) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
(c) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(d) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
7. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) His acreage.
(c) Stacy's house.
(d) Selma's house.
8. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
(a) Half a year.
(b) Sixty days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
9. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(d) No one.
10. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
(a) He had a wild streak.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was in a war.
(d) He was submissive.
11. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
12. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Finding out who Melinda was.
(b) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(c) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(d) Find Melinda's car.
13. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
(a) The men are physically fighting.
(b) The men are drinking too much.
(c) The men are arguing over her.
(d) The men are helping Melinda.
14. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She sleepwalks.
(b) She has a shocked reaction.
(c) She throws up.
(d) She passes out.
15. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) During one of his hospital stays.
(b) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(c) When she graduated college.
(d) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
2. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
3. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
4. How does Stacy help Sughrue with Jackson and his men?
5. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)