|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne want to make his novel different than?
(a) Other people's writing.
(b) His sentimental poetry and far-fetched fiction.
(c) Researched and stiff books.
(d) Pretentious and fake gibberish.
2. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
(b) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
(c) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
(d) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
3. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(b) When she graduated college.
(c) During one of his hospital stays.
(d) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
4. What does Trahearne need to be able to write?
(c) A computer.
(d) Peace and quiet.
5. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After he married Melinda.
(b) After he met Sughrue.
(c) After his car wreck.
(d) After his mother died.
6. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) The garden.
(b) Melinda's room.
(c) A bar.
(d) Sughrue's car.
7. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
(a) Reading to each other and sleeping.
(b) Walking in the park and dreaming.
(c) Eating takeout food and sleeping in.
(d) Going to movies and diners.
8. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
(a) She might stalk him.
(b) She wants too serious of a relationship.
(c) She is connected to one of his friends.
(d) She leaves all men.
9. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Flowers and nature.
(b) Romance and heartbreak.
(c) Love and forgiveness.
(d) Youth and stupidity.
10. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
(b) Sughrue insults Selma.
(c) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
(d) Selma hates confrontation.
11. How faithful was Trahearne during his and Catherine's marriage?
(a) He had only one affair.
(b) Not very faithful.
(c) Incredibly faithful.
(d) He attempted faithfulness several times.
12. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
(a) He was submissive.
(b) He had a wild streak.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was in a war.
13. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
(a) The maid.
(b) His mother.
(c) An imaginary friend.
(d) His sister.
14. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Find Melinda's car.
(b) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(c) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(d) Finding out who Melinda was.
15. What do Jackson and his men do at the Hind's home?
(a) Steal all the jewelry and electronics.
(b) Shoot the animals and kidnap Melinda.
(c) Hurt Selma and send her to the hospital.
(d) Kidnap Jimmy Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
2. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
3. When Sughrue arrives home after leaving Stacy, what does he find?
4. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
5. What curiosity is Trahearne obsessed about concerning Melinda?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)