|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Youth and stupidity.
(b) Romance and heartbreak.
(c) Love and forgiveness.
(d) Flowers and nature.
2. After making the agreement between Sughrue and Torres, where do Sughrue and the others take Jackson?
(a) An alley.
(b) A hospital.
(c) His home.
(d) His office.
3. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) A strip bar.
(c) The library.
(d) A book store.
4. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(b) No one.
5. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) A bar.
(b) The garden.
(c) Sughrue's car.
(d) Melinda's room.
6. How faithful is Melinda in her marriage to Trahearne?
(a) She had only one affair.
(b) Consistently unfaithful.
(c) Quite faithful.
(d) She tried to stay committed to him.
7. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) The money they need to leave town.
(b) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
(c) A notice to leave town.
(d) The police waiting for them.
8. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
(a) Drive around.
(b) Kiss and nothing else.
(c) Go on a picnic.
(d) Drink coffee.
9. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A book.
(c) Some jewelry.
(d) A package.
10. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(b) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
(c) The police found out about it.
(d) She had a seizure.
11. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
(b) During one of his hospital stays.
(c) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(d) When she graduated college.
12. Why does Selma go to pieces crying when Sughrue confronts her about Betty Sue?
(a) Selma hates confrontation.
(b) Sughrue insults Selma.
(c) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her daughter.
(d) Selma says Betty Sue/Melinda is her sister.
13. What help does Stacy want from Sughrue after she wakes in the middle of the night?
(a) To take her to the hospital.
(b) To get her food.
(c) To go away.
(d) To make love to her.
14. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She throws up.
(b) She has a shocked reaction.
(c) She passes out.
(d) She sleepwalks.
15. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He feels pain and loss.
(c) He feels relief.
(d) He doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
2. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
3. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
4. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
5. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)