|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(b) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
(c) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(d) Melinda is an undercover cop.
2. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
(b) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(c) The police found out about it.
(d) She had a seizure.
3. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
(b) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
(c) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
(d) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
4. Instead of sleeping with Cathering after their fight, what does Sughrue do?
(a) He makes a superficial joke about her age.
(b) He asks for money.
(c) He tries to start a serious relationship with her.
(d) He teases her about Trahearne.
5. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With a passionate kiss.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With money.
(d) With a letter.
6. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
7. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
(b) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(c) Trahearne wants to end his life.
(d) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
8. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Flowers and nature.
(b) Romance and heartbreak.
(c) Love and forgiveness.
(d) Youth and stupidity.
9. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Feeds her.
(b) Cleans her up.
(c) Negotiates for her.
(d) Gives her a blanket.
10. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Keep Trahearne sober.
(b) Follow Melinda.
(c) Find Torres.
(d) Investigate his mother.
11. Where do Sughrue and Catherine go to sleep together?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) The back of a car.
(c) The storage closet at Sughrue's job.
(d) Sughrue's home.
12. According to Selma Hinds, who died in the car accident long ago?
(a) Selma's mother.
(b) Betty Sue's husband.
(c) Selma's daughter.
(d) A pet dog.
13. What negative behavior does Trahearne begin after he arrives at Sughrue's acreage in Montana?
(a) Not eating.
(b) Self mutilating.
(c) Binge drinking.
(d) Hair pulling.
14. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
(a) She wants too serious of a relationship.
(b) She leaves all men.
(c) She might stalk him.
(d) She is connected to one of his friends.
15. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) A strip bar.
(b) A strip mall.
(c) The library.
(d) A book store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
2. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
3. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
4. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, Betty Sue and Sughrue go and do what?
5. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)