|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sughrue finds Betty Sue, who does he convince her to call?
2. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Melinda is Betty Sue.
(b) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
(c) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(d) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
3. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
4. When Stacy and Sughrue awake, what do they find?
(a) The money they need to leave town.
(b) The police waiting for them.
(c) A notice to leave town.
(d) Melinda and Trahearne have gone.
5. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
(a) Trahearne needs to settle down in life.
(b) Trahearne has grown to hate her.
(c) Trahearne cannot live without her.
(d) Trahearne loves her more than anything.
6. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) The garden.
(b) Melinda's room.
(c) Sughrue's car.
(d) A bar.
7. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(b) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
(c) Melinda must speak to the police.
(d) Melinda must star in one more porn.
8. After making the agreement between Sughrue and Torres, where do Sughrue and the others take Jackson?
(a) An alley.
(b) His office.
(c) His home.
(d) A hospital.
9. What does Trahearne say he learned during the war?
(a) How to treat women.
(b) How to drink.
(c) How to kill and how to live.
(d) How to run from his problems.
10. What does Sughrue do to Torres's hand?
(a) Cuts off a finger.
(b) Shoots his hand off.
(c) Permanently brands it.
(d) Shakes his hand.
11. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Gives her a blanket.
(b) Feeds her.
(c) Cleans her up.
(d) Negotiates for her.
12. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(b) To find Torres.
(c) To sell some some of her sculptures.
(d) To get her college transcripts.
13. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
(a) She got in trouble with Jackson.
(b) She fell in love.
(c) She opened a tattoo parlor.
(d) She went to college.
14. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A college degree.
(c) To help Selma.
(d) To pay off the mob.
15. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
(b) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(c) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
(d) Trahearne wants to end his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
2. What makes Catherine confront both Trahearne and Sughrue?
3. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
4. What is Sughrue doing when Trahearne asks him to visit because Melinda is on one of her trips?
5. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)