|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(b) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(c) Find Melinda's car.
(d) Finding out who Melinda was.
2. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
(a) She refuses to believe it.
(b) She cries and faints.
(c) She goes into shock.
(d) She hits Sughrue.
3. What does Catherine reveal about her first husband?
(a) He was submissive.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He had a wild streak.
(d) He was in a war.
4. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must speak to the police.
(b) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(c) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(d) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
5. What does Trahearne plan to do with his life that Sughrue feels he must stop?
(a) Trahearne wants to drink more than he should.
(b) Trahearne wants to cheat on Melinda.
(c) Trahearne wants to end his life.
(d) Trahearne wants to steal money from Melinda.
6. At the end of their romantic interlude, what do Catherine and Sughrue confess to each other?
(a) They want to break up Melinda and Trahearne's marriage.
(b) They used each other.
(c) They dislike each other.
(d) They have feelings for each other.
7. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(b) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(c) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(d) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
8. How does Sughrue try to end his relationship with Catherine?
(a) With a letter.
(b) With money.
(c) With a passionate kiss.
(d) With a handshake.
9. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Half a year.
(d) Sixty days.
10. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
(a) Handcuffs him.
(b) Knocks him in the head.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Allows him to escape.
11. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
(a) Keep Trahearne sober.
(b) Investigate his mother.
(c) Find Torres.
(d) Follow Melinda.
12. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
(a) No one.
13. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
(a) She wants to sleep with him.
(b) She cares for him.
(c) She wants to hurt him.
(d) She feels no physical attraction to him.
14. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After his car wreck.
(b) After he married Melinda.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) After he met Sughrue.
15. What does Catherine want to know when she arrives at Sughrue's job?
(a) What Sughrue and Trahearne did while Trahearne was gone?
(b) Who will he track down now?
(c) Why does he want to escape Melinda?
(d) How did he get this current job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trahearne want to make his novel different than?
2. What war story does Sughrue reveal to Trahearne?
3. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
4. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
5. Why does Sughrue not accept Melinda's offer of herself?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)