|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After he married Melinda.
(b) After his car wreck.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) After he met Sughrue.
2. Why does Melinda go to California after Sughrue takes Trahearne back to the ranch?
(a) To get her college transcripts.
(b) To find Torres.
(c) To visit Selma and Stacy.
(d) To sell some some of her sculptures.
3. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Cleans her up.
(b) Gives her a blanket.
(c) Negotiates for her.
(d) Feeds her.
4. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
(b) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
(c) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
(d) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
5. What happened during Betty Sue's abortion?
(a) She had a seizure.
(b) It was botched and she needed a hysterectomy.
(c) She discovered she wasn't pregnant.
(d) The police found out about it.
6. What do Sughrue and Stacy plan concerning Hyland's home?
(a) An escape from the police.
(b) An armed, violent assault.
(c) A robbery and assault.
(d) A hiding place.
7. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) During one of his hospital stays.
(b) While he was engaged to Melinda.
(c) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
(d) When she graduated college.
8. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
(a) Rosie knew where Betty Sue was this entire time.
(b) Jimmy Joe hurt Betty Sue.
(c) Trahearne did not want Sughrue involved in this investigation.
(d) Melinda is Betty Sue.
9. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
(a) Sughrue's car.
(b) A bar.
(c) The garden.
(d) Melinda's room.
10. What is on the newspaper clipping Trahearne finds in Melinda's things?
(a) An advertisement.
(b) Selma's daughter's obituary.
(c) A clipping from Melinda's theater days.
(d) A horoscope.
11. What work did Trahearne want Sughrue to do for him?
(a) Seeking Selma Hinds and discovering her daughter.
(b) Investigating Jimmy Joe.
(c) Find Melinda's car.
(d) Finding out who Melinda was.
12. According to Catherine, who is the naked woman Trahearne was obsessed with?
(a) An imaginary friend.
(b) The maid.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
13. What is Sughrue's reaction when Catherine ends their relationship?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He feels relief.
(c) He feels pain and loss.
(d) He doesn't care.
14. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) The library.
(b) A strip mall.
(c) A book store.
(d) A strip bar.
15. What does Selma have when Sughrue and Trahearne arrive at her home together?
(b) A shotgun.
(c) Paperwork to sign.
(d) Family heirlooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
2. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
3. How does Rosie react when Sughrue tells her Betty Sue is dead?
4. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
5. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)