|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specifically is Trahearne going to write about?
(a) Flowers and nature.
(b) Love and forgiveness.
(c) Youth and stupidity.
(d) Romance and heartbreak.
2. What did Melinda use the money for?
(a) To help Selma.
(b) A college degree.
(c) To pay off the mob.
(d) A vacation.
3. What final term does Torres insist upon with Sughrue, concerning Melinda?
(a) Melinda must return the forty thousand dollars she stole.
(b) Melinda must star in one more porn.
(c) Melinda must speak to the police.
(d) Melinda must divorce Trahearne.
4. What does Sughrue initially doubt concerning his relationship with Catherine?
(a) She is connected to one of his friends.
(b) She might stalk him.
(c) She wants too serious of a relationship.
(d) She leaves all men.
5. Jimmy Joe alleges to Rosie that Betty Sue sent him what?
(a) A book.
(b) Some jewelry.
(c) A package.
(d) A postcard.
6. What does Stacy do to Hyland?
(a) Allows him to escape.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Handcuffs him.
(d) Knocks him in the head.
7. Once inside Hyland's home, what does Sughrue do for Melinda?
(a) Negotiates for her.
(b) Feeds her.
(c) Gives her a blanket.
(d) Cleans her up.
8. How does Catherine try to end her relationship with Sughrue?
(a) With cold glances.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a phone number exchange.
(d) With a polite kiss.
9. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(b) Gets Melinda on the phone.
(c) Encourages him to get drunk.
(d) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
10. What happens to Stacy during the night after the events at Hyland's home?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She sleepwalks.
(c) She has a shocked reaction.
(d) She throws up.
11. What happened to Betty Sue in the hippie community of San Francisco?
(a) She got in trouble with Jackson.
(b) She went to college.
(c) She opened a tattoo parlor.
(d) She fell in love.
12. When did Catherine fall in love with Trahearne?
(a) When she graduated college.
(b) During one of his hospital stays.
(c) Shortly after the death of her first husband.
(d) While he was engaged to Melinda.
13. What are the terms of Sughrue and Torres's arrangement?
(a) Sughrue is not pursued and Melinda goes free.
(b) Sughrue gets Melinda's money and Torres goes free.
(c) Stacy will take the blame for Melinda.
(d) The police will only know what happened to Hyland.
14. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
15. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After he married Melinda.
(b) After his car wreck.
(c) After he met Sughrue.
(d) After his mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stacy and Sughrue spend a couple days doing after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
2. Where does Sughrue take Stacy after the ordeal at Hyland's home?
3. Where do Catherine and Sughrue have an intense sexual encounter after their fight?
4. What do Jackson and his men do at the Hind's home?
5. What does Trahearne say his feelings are concerning Melinda, after he decides to help her get the money?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)