|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays Sughrue's bill in the search for Trahearne?
(d) Betty Sue.
2. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) A job interview.
(b) His home in Montana.
(c) Trahearne's home.
(d) Another party.
3. What does Rosie think about Betty Sue at the beginning of the novel?
(a) That Betty Sue works for the government.
(b) That Betty Sue is a prostitute.
(c) That Betty Sue is alive.
(d) That Betty Sue is happily married somewhere.
4. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) A fake arm.
(b) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(c) Her hairstyle.
(d) Tattoos up her back.
5. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
(a) He needs a walk to clear his mind.
(b) He realizes it's time to move on.
(c) He owes Catherine money.
(d) He wants to escape her husband.
6. What best describes Betty Sue and Albert Griffith's intimacy?
(b) They only slept together a few times.
(c) They never slept together.
7. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
(a) Bought her freedom from her pimp.
(b) Got her into drug rehab.
(c) Hired a lawyer to handle her divorce.
(d) Helped Betty Sue get her life back together.
8. Where does Saghure track Peggy Bain to?
(a) A dollar store.
(b) A bar.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A drug party.
9. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
(a) They occurred within days of each other.
(b) His plans to escape using the techniques.
(c) He made one of them up.
(d) An officer taught the techniques to him.
10. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
(b) Drives him home.
(c) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
(d) Shoots him in the hand.
11. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He has leads to help Sughrue.
(b) He has never traveled before.
(c) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(d) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
12. After speaking to Jimmy, what do Saghrue and Trahearne tell Rosie?
(a) Betty Sue has an ugly past her mother shouldn't hear about.
(b) The search for Betty Sue has turned up nothing.
(c) Betty Sue does not want to be found.
(d) They know with certainty that Betty Sue is dead.
13. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
14. What information does Selma Hinds have concerning Betty Sue?
(a) Betty Sue works for the FBI.
(b) Betty Sue is dead.
(c) Betty Sue is not her real name.
(d) Betty Sue runs from private investigators.
15. What does the owner of the commune reveal about Betty Sue?
(a) She entered a psychiatric hospital.
(b) She was great in bed and overweight.
(c) She stole from her friends.
(d) She lied about her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
2. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
3. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
4. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
5. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)