|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
2. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(d) St. Louis.
3. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He was ashamed at abusing her.
(b) He was too attracted to her mother.
(c) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
(d) He was not attracted to her.
4. After seeing Melinda's sculptures, what does Sughrue go to bed thinking?
(a) He won't stay with Trahearne long.
(b) He wants a marriage like Trahearne and Melinda's.
(c) He will pay what he owed the women.
(d) He will stay with Melinda.
5. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
(a) Methods of getting money for bail.
(b) A cover story.
(c) An alibi for Trahearne.
(d) Ways to sneak out of the bar.
6. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(b) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(c) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(d) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
7. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He searched for her for years.
(b) He entered a deep depression.
(c) He never thought of her again.
(d) He cared but didn't know what to do.
8. What best describes Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Smart, irritated and busy.
(b) Ignorant and uncaring.
(c) Bitter, angry and volatile.
(d) Caring and compassionate.
9. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
10. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
(a) The phone calls he continues to receive.
(b) His brass knuckles.
(c) A bag of cement against his doorway.
(d) The big bodyguard in the black suit.
11. After Saghrue arrives at Trahearne's house and meets Melinda, how does he realize he feels about Betty Sue?
(a) He's upset.
(b) He dislikes her mysteriousness.
(c) He's fallen under her spell.
(d) He wants to forget her.
12. How does Charles Gleeson know Betty Sue?
(a) He was her drama teacher.
(b) They worked together.
(c) His daughter and she were childhood friends.
(d) He babysat her as a toddler.
13. What does the nurse, Sughrue and Trahearne do the morning after Sughrue and the nurse's date?
(a) They go sightseeing together.
(b) They recover from a hangover.
(c) They have a playful breakfast.
(d) They grumpily leave each other.
14. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) A truck.
(b) Melinda's sculptures.
(d) Thousands of dollars.
15. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
2. What best describes Betty Sue and Albert Griffith's intimacy?
3. Whom did Betty Sue leave the commune with?
4. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
5. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)