|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
(b) He was ashamed at abusing her.
(c) He was not attracted to her.
(d) He was too attracted to her mother.
2. What information does Selma Hinds have concerning Betty Sue?
(a) Betty Sue is not her real name.
(b) Betty Sue runs from private investigators.
(c) Betty Sue works for the FBI.
(d) Betty Sue is dead.
3. What best describes Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Ignorant and uncaring.
(b) Bitter, angry and volatile.
(c) Smart, irritated and busy.
(d) Caring and compassionate.
4. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
(a) Managing an office.
(b) Running a gym.
(c) Hunting down runaways.
(d) Cooking in a bar.
5. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Betty Sue's landlord.
(b) Betty Sue's father.
(c) Betty Sue's ex-husband.
(d) Betty Sue's agent.
6. What is Melinda's life story, as Melinda tells Sughrue?
(a) She loved the grandparents who raised her, but have since died.
(b) She is the wealthy heiress of life-loving, dead, young parents.
(c) She ran from home after not appreciating her caring parents.
(d) She had abusive parents and even more abusive boyfriends.
7. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
(c) Honorable Discharge.
8. Whom did Betty Sue leave the commune with?
(a) The police.
(b) A john.
(c) Her father.
(d) Randall Jackson.
9. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He married Betty Sue.
(b) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(c) He treats women terribly.
(d) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
10. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(b) Making love.
11. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
12. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Have sex with another guest.
(b) Interrogate other guests.
(c) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
(d) Steal money from the desk.
13. What body part of Trahearne's end up shot in the bar fight?
14. When Sughrue arrives at the hotel room to seduce the nurse, Sughrue finds what?
(a) Trahearne already slept with the nurse.
(b) A party.
(c) An empty room.
(d) Trahearne has moved into the second bed.
15. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
(a) The heart of nearby San Francisco,
(b) The east coast.
(d) A midwestern state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
2. What does the nurse, Sughrue and Trahearne do the morning after Sughrue and the nurse's date?
3. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
4. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
5. What occupation does Melinda have?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)