|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
(b) A date.
(c) A bus ticket.
2. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
(a) Be sure Trahearne starts on his way home.
(b) Take Trahearne to his mother's home.
(c) Leave Trahearne behind.
(d) Don't get too close to Trahearne.
3. What does the person in the woods bully Sughrue into doing for his/her benefit?
(a) Buying breakfast.
(b) Giving money.
(c) Catching fish.
(d) Testifying in court.
4. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
(a) Making people love her.
(b) Counting cards in Las Vegas.
(c) Stealing and robbery.
(d) Abusing people and things.
5. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) Trahearne's home.
(b) His home in Montana.
(c) A job interview.
(d) Another party.
6. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) A midwestern state.
7. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Drives him home.
(b) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
(c) Shoots him in the hand.
(d) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
8. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
(a) He needs a walk to clear his mind.
(b) He wants to escape her husband.
(c) He realizes it's time to move on.
(d) He owes Catherine money.
9. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
10. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(b) Melinda's sculptures.
(c) A truck.
(d) Thousands of dollars.
11. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
(a) Five years.
(b) A few days.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
12. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He treats women terribly.
(b) He married Betty Sue.
(c) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(d) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
13. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) A fake arm.
(b) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(c) Her hairstyle.
(d) Tattoos up her back.
14. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
(b) A midwestern state.
(c) The east coast.
(d) The heart of nearby San Francisco,
15. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
(a) An invoice.
(b) A relationship.
(c) A ride into town.
(d) Help finding her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
2. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
3. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
4. Whom did Betty Sue leave the commune with?
5. What plans does Sughrue make with a nurse while visiting Trahearne?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)