|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
(a) A college campus.
(b) A porn movie.
(c) As a delivery person.
(d) As a waitress.
2. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
3. What did Sughure do after Vietnam that many other soldiers did as well?
(a) Became homeless.
(b) Tried to get back into the military.
(c) Tried to disappear into the drug scene in San Francisco.
(d) Applied for jobs.
4. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She wanted nothing to do with him.
(b) She knew their relationship would not work.
(c) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
(d) She loved him even more.
5. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
(a) He gave her an alias.
(b) He prostituted her.
(c) She had his baby.
(d) She refused to marry him.
6. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
(a) Don't get too close to Trahearne.
(b) Take Trahearne to his mother's home.
(c) Be sure Trahearne starts on his way home.
(d) Leave Trahearne behind.
7. How many years did it take Betty Sue to call Jimmy?
(a) A day.
(b) She's never contacted him.
(c) A decade.
(d) Four or five years.
8. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
(a) Excitement that he will be paid.
(b) Regret that the chase is over.
(c) Relief that he accomplished his goal.
(d) Sadness that he has to leave people he now knows.
9. How does Sughrue evaluate his conversation with Gleeson?
(a) He begins to trust Gleeson.
(b) He enjoys their banter.
(c) He feels sorry for Gleeson's lack of confidence.
(d) He becomes tired of Gleeson's coy and mannered conversation.
10. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
(b) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(c) He treats women terribly.
(d) He married Betty Sue.
11. Who pays Sughrue's bill in the search for Trahearne?
(d) Betty Sue.
12. After Saghrue arrives at Trahearne's house and meets Melinda, how does he realize he feels about Betty Sue?
(a) He's upset.
(b) He dislikes her mysteriousness.
(c) He wants to forget her.
(d) He's fallen under her spell.
13. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
14. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(a) He shakes his head in sadness.
(b) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
15. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
(a) An officer taught the techniques to him.
(b) His plans to escape using the techniques.
(c) They occurred within days of each other.
(d) He made one of them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
2. After Sughrue finds Trahearne, what starts the fight in the bar concerning a regular patron and Sughrue?
3. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
4. As Sughrue remembers, what caused the last woman he loved to refuse his marriage proposal?
5. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)