|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He runs a major corporation.
(b) He is a famous novelist and poet.
(c) He is an escaped prisoner.
(d) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
2. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(a) St. Louis.
3. Who was with Betty Sue the night she disappeared?
(c) Albert Griffith.
(d) Charles Gleeson.
4. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
(a) Got arrested.
(b) Fell in love and married.
(d) Ran a porn store.
5. Whom did Betty Sue leave the commune with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Randall Jackson.
(c) The police.
(d) A john.
6. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(a) Making love.
7. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(b) His home.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A shopping center.
8. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(b) Albert Griffith.
(c) Charles Gleeson.
(d) Richard Grant.
9. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He was not attracted to her.
(b) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
(c) He was ashamed at abusing her.
(d) He was too attracted to her mother.
10. After driving for nineteen hours, where does Sughrue arrive?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) The Mexican border.
11. Where does Sughrue track Trahearne to before they ever meet?
(a) A bar in Sonoma, California.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) Las Vegas, gambling.
(d) Washington, lobbying.
12. What does Saghrue reveal about Trahearne's mother?
(a) She committed suicide when Trahearne was young.
(b) She was a single and pregnant schoolteacher.
(c) She dated a married doctor.
(d) She is serving 20-45 for armed robbery.
13. What body part of Trahearne's end up shot in the bar fight?
14. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
(a) Don't get too close to Trahearne.
(b) Leave Trahearne behind.
(c) Be sure Trahearne starts on his way home.
(d) Take Trahearne to his mother's home.
15. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
(a) Mediocre talent with little effort.
(b) Great talent with little work ethic.
(c) Incredible talent with enormous potential.
(d) Lacking talent for a boring and uninteresting performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
2. What is Rosie willing to pay Sughrue for?
3. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
4. What does the nurse, Sughrue and Trahearne do the morning after Sughrue and the nurse's date?
5. After speaking to Jimmy, what do Saghrue and Trahearne tell Rosie?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)