|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
(a) Sadness that he has to leave people he now knows.
(b) Excitement that he will be paid.
(c) Regret that the chase is over.
(d) Relief that he accomplished his goal.
2. What did Sughure do after Vietnam that many other soldiers did as well?
(a) Tried to disappear into the drug scene in San Francisco.
(b) Tried to get back into the military.
(c) Became homeless.
(d) Applied for jobs.
3. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
(c) A bus ticket.
(d) A date.
4. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) Trahearne's home.
(b) A job interview.
(c) Another party.
(d) His home in Montana.
5. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(b) St. Louis.
6. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
(b) He treats women terribly.
(c) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(d) He married Betty Sue.
7. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
(a) Knowledgeable that Sughrue and Rosie lied.
(b) Grateful for such strong eyewitnesses.
(c) Angry that Sughrue didn't do more to stop the event.
(d) Confused because the story doesn't make sense.
8. How does Charles Gleeson know Betty Sue?
(a) They worked together.
(b) He babysat her as a toddler.
(c) He was her drama teacher.
(d) His daughter and she were childhood friends.
9. What plans does Sughrue make with a nurse while visiting Trahearne?
(a) A shopping trip.
(b) Home visits for Trahearne.
(c) A date.
(d) Discharge paperwork.
10. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
(a) Bought her freedom from her pimp.
(b) Helped Betty Sue get her life back together.
(c) Hired a lawyer to handle her divorce.
(d) Got her into drug rehab.
11. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) A midwestern state.
12. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Leave the commune.
(d) Get married.
13. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
(a) Methods of getting money for bail.
(b) Ways to sneak out of the bar.
(c) A cover story.
(d) An alibi for Trahearne.
14. When Sughrue arrives at the hotel room to seduce the nurse, Sughrue finds what?
(a) A party.
(b) An empty room.
(c) Trahearne already slept with the nurse.
(d) Trahearne has moved into the second bed.
15. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He was too attracted to her mother.
(b) He was ashamed at abusing her.
(c) He was not attracted to her.
(d) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
2. How does Sughrue evaluate his conversation with Gleeson?
3. What does the nurse, Sughrue and Trahearne do the morning after Sughrue and the nurse's date?
4. How does Albert Griffith feel about Betty Sue, even after marriage and fathering two kids?
5. How does Sughrue describe Albert Griffith?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)