|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
2. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
3. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
(a) He realizes it's time to move on.
(b) He owes Catherine money.
(c) He needs a walk to clear his mind.
(d) He wants to escape her husband.
4. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(b) Charles Gleeson.
(c) Albert Griffith.
(d) Richard Grant.
5. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
(a) Incredible talent with enormous potential.
(b) Mediocre talent with little effort.
(c) Lacking talent for a boring and uninteresting performance.
(d) Great talent with little work ethic.
6. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
(a) Got her into drug rehab.
(b) Bought her freedom from her pimp.
(c) Helped Betty Sue get her life back together.
(d) Hired a lawyer to handle her divorce.
7. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) Another party.
(b) His home in Montana.
(c) Trahearne's home.
(d) A job interview.
8. What best describes Melinda the first time Sughrue sees her?
(a) Cruel and placating.
(b) Gracious and rough-handed.
(c) Kind and slow.
(d) Indecisive and manipulative.
9. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(b) A midwestern state.
(d) San Francisco.
10. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) He doesn't want to see her.
(b) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
(c) She is dead.
(d) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
11. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) A few days.
(d) Five years.
12. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
(a) Running a gym.
(b) Cooking in a bar.
(c) Hunting down runaways.
(d) Managing an office.
13. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) Thousands of dollars.
(b) Melinda's sculptures.
(c) A truck.
14. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
(a) Fell in love and married.
(b) Ran a porn store.
(c) Got arrested.
15. What occupation does Melinda have?
(d) Personal trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
2. Whom did Betty Sue leave the commune with?
3. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
4. What is Melinda's life story, as Melinda tells Sughrue?
5. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)