|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
(a) Help finding her mother.
(b) An invoice.
(c) A relationship.
(d) A ride into town.
2. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(b) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(c) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
(d) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
3. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(d) St. Louis.
4. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He is a famous novelist and poet.
(b) He is an escaped prisoner.
(c) He runs a major corporation.
(d) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
5. How does Sughrue describe Albert Griffith?
(a) Demeaning and cocky.
(b) Kind but slow.
(c) Desperate to impress.
(d) Intelligent and impressive.
6. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
(a) A bus ticket.
(c) A date.
7. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
8. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
(a) Relief that he accomplished his goal.
(b) Regret that the chase is over.
(c) Sadness that he has to leave people he now knows.
(d) Excitement that he will be paid.
9. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Shoots him in the hand.
(b) Drives him home.
(c) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
(d) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
10. After seeing Melinda's sculptures, what does Sughrue go to bed thinking?
(a) He will stay with Melinda.
(b) He wants a marriage like Trahearne and Melinda's.
(c) He will pay what he owed the women.
(d) He won't stay with Trahearne long.
11. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
(b) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
(c) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
(d) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
12. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(a) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
(b) He shakes his head in sadness.
13. How does Charles Gleeson know Betty Sue?
(a) They worked together.
(b) He was her drama teacher.
(c) He babysat her as a toddler.
(d) His daughter and she were childhood friends.
14. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
(b) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
(c) He doesn't want to see her.
(d) She is dead.
15. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) A midwestern state.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
2. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
3. How many years did it take Betty Sue to call Jimmy?
4. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
5. Who lives with Catherine?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)