|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did it take Betty Sue to call Jimmy?
(a) A day.
(b) Four or five years.
(c) She's never contacted him.
(d) A decade.
2. Trahearne's ex-wife tells Sughrue to look where for him?
(a) The library, writing and researching.
(b) His regular hangouts, bars.
(c) On the streets.
3. How does Sughrue evaluate his conversation with Gleeson?
(a) He begins to trust Gleeson.
(b) He enjoys their banter.
(c) He feels sorry for Gleeson's lack of confidence.
(d) He becomes tired of Gleeson's coy and mannered conversation.
4. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(d) Private investigator.
5. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) Melinda's sculptures.
(b) A truck.
(c) Thousands of dollars.
6. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
(d) Honorable Discharge.
7. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
(b) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
(c) Shoots him in the hand.
(d) Drives him home.
8. After Sughrue finds Trahearne, what starts the fight in the bar concerning a regular patron and Sughrue?
(a) Sughrue's inability to pay.
(b) A woman sitting by the regular patron.
(c) Drunk men fighting over the pool table.
(d) Sughrue's attempts at casual conversation.
9. What is Rosie willing to pay Sughrue for?
(a) To make sure Trahearne is never seen again.
(b) To clean her bar after the incident.
(c) To find a lawyer to defend her in court.
(d) To find her missing daughter, Betty Sue.
10. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
11. Who was with Betty Sue the night she disappeared?
(b) Charles Gleeson.
(d) Albert Griffith.
12. How does Rosie react to Saghrue and Trahearne showing up in her bar after they meet with Jimmy?
13. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
(b) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(c) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(d) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
14. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
(a) An alibi for Trahearne.
(b) Methods of getting money for bail.
(c) Ways to sneak out of the bar.
(d) A cover story.
15. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
(a) They occurred within days of each other.
(b) He made one of them up.
(c) An officer taught the techniques to him.
(d) His plans to escape using the techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
2. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
3. What plans does Sughrue make with a nurse while visiting Trahearne?
4. When Sughrue arrives at the hotel room to seduce the nurse, Sughrue finds what?
5. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)