|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
(a) The way he harmed small animals.
(b) His well connected and dangerous friends.
(c) Torture techniques he learned in Vietnam.
(d) Robberies he got away with.
2. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Drives him home.
(b) Shoots him in the hand.
(c) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
(d) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
3. What is Rosie willing to pay Sughrue for?
(a) To clean her bar after the incident.
(b) To find her missing daughter, Betty Sue.
(c) To make sure Trahearne is never seen again.
(d) To find a lawyer to defend her in court.
4. How does Albert Griffith feel about Betty Sue, even after marriage and fathering two kids?
(a) He questions leaving her.
(b) He is desperately in love with her.
(c) He wishes never to see her again.
(d) He wants to befriend her.
5. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He is a famous novelist and poet.
(b) He is an escaped prisoner.
(c) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
(d) He runs a major corporation.
6. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(b) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(c) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
(d) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
7. Trahearne's ex-wife tells Sughrue to look where for him?
(a) On the streets.
(c) The library, writing and researching.
(d) His regular hangouts, bars.
8. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
9. What is Melinda's life story, as Melinda tells Sughrue?
(a) She had abusive parents and even more abusive boyfriends.
(b) She loved the grandparents who raised her, but have since died.
(c) She ran from home after not appreciating her caring parents.
(d) She is the wealthy heiress of life-loving, dead, young parents.
10. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
(a) He prostituted her.
(b) He gave her an alias.
(c) She had his baby.
(d) She refused to marry him.
11. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Betty Sue's ex-husband.
(b) Betty Sue's agent.
(c) Betty Sue's landlord.
(d) Betty Sue's father.
12. What occupation does Melinda have?
(c) Personal trainer.
13. How does Rosie react to Saghrue and Trahearne showing up in her bar after they meet with Jimmy?
14. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He cared but didn't know what to do.
(b) He entered a deep depression.
(c) He searched for her for years.
(d) He never thought of her again.
15. After seeing Melinda's sculptures, what does Sughrue go to bed thinking?
(a) He will pay what he owed the women.
(b) He will stay with Melinda.
(c) He wants a marriage like Trahearne and Melinda's.
(d) He won't stay with Trahearne long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives with Catherine?
2. What sort of sculptures does Melinda make?
3. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
4. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
5. What best describes Melinda the first time Sughrue sees her?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)