|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Albert Griffith's occupation?
(a) Private investigator.
(d) Bar owner.
2. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
(a) A porn movie.
(b) A college campus.
(c) As a waitress.
(d) As a delivery person.
3. What best describes Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Bitter, angry and volatile.
(b) Smart, irritated and busy.
(c) Caring and compassionate.
(d) Ignorant and uncaring.
4. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
(a) He wants to escape her husband.
(b) He realizes it's time to move on.
(c) He owes Catherine money.
(d) He needs a walk to clear his mind.
5. After seeing Melinda's sculptures, what does Sughrue go to bed thinking?
(a) He won't stay with Trahearne long.
(b) He wants a marriage like Trahearne and Melinda's.
(c) He will pay what he owed the women.
(d) He will stay with Melinda.
6. Where does Saghure track Peggy Bain to?
(a) A drug party.
(b) A bar.
(c) A dollar store.
(d) A zoo.
7. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(b) He has never traveled before.
(c) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
(d) He has leads to help Sughrue.
8. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) Richard Grant.
(c) Albert Griffith.
(d) Charles Gleeson.
9. How does Sughrue evaluate his conversation with Gleeson?
(a) He begins to trust Gleeson.
(b) He becomes tired of Gleeson's coy and mannered conversation.
(c) He feels sorry for Gleeson's lack of confidence.
(d) He enjoys their banter.
10. After Saghrue arrives at Trahearne's house and meets Melinda, how does he realize he feels about Betty Sue?
(a) He wants to forget her.
(b) He's fallen under her spell.
(c) He dislikes her mysteriousness.
(d) He's upset.
11. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
(b) She is dead.
(c) He doesn't want to see her.
(d) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
12. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(c) A midwestern state.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Betty Sue's landlord.
(b) Betty Sue's agent.
(c) Betty Sue's father.
(d) Betty Sue's ex-husband.
14. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(b) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(c) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(d) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
15. Who pays Sughrue's bill in the search for Trahearne?
(b) Betty Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
2. What information does Selma Hinds have concerning Betty Sue?
3. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
4. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
5. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)