|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
(a) He prostituted her.
(b) She refused to marry him.
(c) He gave her an alias.
(d) She had his baby.
2. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
(a) Abusing people and things.
(b) Making people love her.
(c) Counting cards in Las Vegas.
(d) Stealing and robbery.
3. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) A fake arm.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(d) Tattoos up her back.
4. What occupation does Melinda have?
(c) Personal trainer.
5. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(b) Private investigator.
6. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
(a) The phone calls he continues to receive.
(b) A bag of cement against his doorway.
(c) The big bodyguard in the black suit.
(d) His brass knuckles.
7. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(b) He has leads to help Sughrue.
(c) He has never traveled before.
(d) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
8. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
(a) Knowledgeable that Sughrue and Rosie lied.
(b) Confused because the story doesn't make sense.
(c) Grateful for such strong eyewitnesses.
(d) Angry that Sughrue didn't do more to stop the event.
9. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
(a) He realizes it's time to move on.
(b) He owes Catherine money.
(c) He wants to escape her husband.
(d) He needs a walk to clear his mind.
10. How did Trahearne's mother seek revenge on those who hurt her?
(a) Escaping from prison.
(b) Bought out the entire town.
(c) Married a rich man.
11. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
(b) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
(c) She is dead.
(d) He doesn't want to see her.
12. What does Saghrue reveal about Trahearne's mother?
(a) She dated a married doctor.
(b) She was a single and pregnant schoolteacher.
(c) She is serving 20-45 for armed robbery.
(d) She committed suicide when Trahearne was young.
13. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She loved him even more.
(b) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
(c) She knew their relationship would not work.
(d) She wanted nothing to do with him.
14. Where does Sughrue track Trahearne to before they ever meet?
(a) A bar in Sonoma, California.
(b) Las Vegas, gambling.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) Washington, lobbying.
15. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
(a) They occurred within days of each other.
(b) His plans to escape using the techniques.
(c) An officer taught the techniques to him.
(d) He made one of them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
2. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
3. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
4. What does the nurse, Sughrue and Trahearne do the morning after Sughrue and the nurse's date?
5. What does the owner of the commune reveal about Betty Sue?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)