|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Trahearne's mother seek revenge on those who hurt her?
(a) Married a rich man.
(b) Bought out the entire town.
(d) Escaping from prison.
2. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
(b) Steal money from the desk.
(c) Interrogate other guests.
(d) Have sex with another guest.
3. What information does Selma Hinds have concerning Betty Sue?
(a) Betty Sue is dead.
(b) Betty Sue runs from private investigators.
(c) Betty Sue is not her real name.
(d) Betty Sue works for the FBI.
4. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Betty Sue's agent.
(b) Betty Sue's father.
(c) Betty Sue's landlord.
(d) Betty Sue's ex-husband.
5. Who does Sughrue encounter during a walk through the woods?
(a) A homeless person.
(c) Woodland creatures.
6. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(b) Charles Gleeson.
(c) Albert Griffith.
(d) Richard Grant.
7. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He has leads to help Sughrue.
(b) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
(c) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(d) He has never traveled before.
8. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
(b) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
(c) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
(d) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
9. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
(c) A bus ticket.
(d) A date.
10. Who lives with Catherine?
(a) Eight cats.
(c) An escaped convict.
11. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
(a) That Betty Sue is disgusting.
(b) That Betty Sue abuses people.
(c) That she fell in love with Betty Sue.
(d) That she wishes to be Betty Sue.
12. After driving for nineteen hours, where does Sughrue arrive?
(b) The Mexican border.
(d) San Francisco.
13. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
(a) Cooking in a bar.
(b) Running a gym.
(c) Hunting down runaways.
(d) Managing an office.
14. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He runs a major corporation.
(b) He is an escaped prisoner.
(c) He is a famous novelist and poet.
(d) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
15. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
(a) Trahearne passes out.
(b) Sughrue wants to investigate Melinda.
(c) Melinda will not let him leave the table.
(d) Catherine took Trahearne away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sughrue track Trahearne to before they ever meet?
2. What does the owner of the commune reveal about Betty Sue?
3. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
4. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
5. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)