|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse, Sughrue and Trahearne do the morning after Sughrue and the nurse's date?
(a) They go sightseeing together.
(b) They recover from a hangover.
(c) They grumpily leave each other.
(d) They have a playful breakfast.
2. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He searched for her for years.
(b) He cared but didn't know what to do.
(c) He entered a deep depression.
(d) He never thought of her again.
3. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(c) Private investigator.
4. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) Trahearne's home.
(b) Another party.
(c) His home in Montana.
(d) A job interview.
5. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) A midwestern state.
6. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(d) St. Louis.
7. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
(a) Sadness that he has to leave people he now knows.
(b) Relief that he accomplished his goal.
(c) Regret that the chase is over.
(d) Excitement that he will be paid.
8. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
(a) Knowledgeable that Sughrue and Rosie lied.
(b) Angry that Sughrue didn't do more to stop the event.
(c) Confused because the story doesn't make sense.
(d) Grateful for such strong eyewitnesses.
9. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
10. What does the person in the woods bully Sughrue into doing for his/her benefit?
(a) Buying breakfast.
(b) Testifying in court.
(c) Giving money.
(d) Catching fish.
11. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
(a) That Betty Sue is imprisoned.
(b) That Betty Sue is a porn star.
(c) That Betty Sue is dead.
(d) That Betty Sue doesn't want to be found.
12. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
(b) He is a famous novelist and poet.
(c) He is an escaped prisoner.
(d) He runs a major corporation.
13. What sort of sculptures does Melinda make?
(a) They envision her dreams and hopes for her future.
(b) Abstract and beautiful objects.
(c) Ugly and hideous memories from her past.
(d) They portray beautiful, fragile, traumatized women.
14. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(a) Making love.
15. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
2. What best describes Jimmy Flowers?
3. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
4. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
5. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)