|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(b) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(c) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
(d) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
2. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
(b) He is an escaped prisoner.
(c) He runs a major corporation.
(d) He is a famous novelist and poet.
3. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He was not attracted to her.
(b) He was too attracted to her mother.
(c) He was ashamed at abusing her.
(d) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
4. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(d) St. Louis.
5. Who was with Betty Sue the night she disappeared?
(a) Charles Gleeson.
(b) Albert Griffith.
6. Where does Sughrue start to take Trahearne after they speak to Rosie?
(a) A job interview.
(b) Another party.
(c) Trahearne's home.
(d) His home in Montana.
7. How did Trahearne's mother seek revenge on those who hurt her?
(a) Escaping from prison.
(b) Bought out the entire town.
(c) Married a rich man.
8. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
(b) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
(c) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
(d) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
9. Where does Saghure track Peggy Bain to?
(a) A drug party.
(b) A bar.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A dollar store.
10. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
11. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
(a) Robberies he got away with.
(b) The way he harmed small animals.
(c) His well connected and dangerous friends.
(d) Torture techniques he learned in Vietnam.
12. What occupation does Melinda have?
(d) Personal trainer.
13. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He entered a deep depression.
(b) He cared but didn't know what to do.
(c) He searched for her for years.
(d) He never thought of her again.
14. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
(a) Lacking talent for a boring and uninteresting performance.
(b) Incredible talent with enormous potential.
(c) Great talent with little work ethic.
(d) Mediocre talent with little effort.
15. Where does Sughrue track Trahearne to before they ever meet?
(a) A bar in Sonoma, California.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) Washington, lobbying.
(d) Las Vegas, gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
2. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
3. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
4. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
5. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)