|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
(b) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
(c) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
(d) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
2. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Leave the commune.
3. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
4. What does the owner of the commune reveal about Betty Sue?
(a) She stole from her friends.
(b) She lied about her past.
(c) She was great in bed and overweight.
(d) She entered a psychiatric hospital.
5. Where does Sughrue track Trahearne to before they ever meet?
(a) Las Vegas, gambling.
(b) A bar in Sonoma, California.
(c) Washington, lobbying.
(d) A shopping mall.
6. What is Rosie willing to pay Sughrue for?
(a) To clean her bar after the incident.
(b) To find a lawyer to defend her in court.
(c) To find her missing daughter, Betty Sue.
(d) To make sure Trahearne is never seen again.
7. What does Saghrue reveal about Trahearne's mother?
(a) She dated a married doctor.
(b) She is serving 20-45 for armed robbery.
(c) She was a single and pregnant schoolteacher.
(d) She committed suicide when Trahearne was young.
8. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Interrogate other guests.
(b) Have sex with another guest.
(c) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
(d) Steal money from the desk.
9. What is Professor Richter's academic expertise?
10. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
11. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
(a) He was not attracted to her.
(b) He was too attracted to her mother.
(c) He didn't want to ruin their professional relationship.
(d) He was ashamed at abusing her.
12. How does Peggy feel about Betty Sue?
(a) That Betty Sue abuses people.
(b) That Betty Sue is disgusting.
(c) That she wishes to be Betty Sue.
(d) That she fell in love with Betty Sue.
13. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) Melinda's sculptures.
(b) A truck.
(c) Thousands of dollars.
14. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(b) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(c) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
(d) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
15. How long has Betty Sue been gone?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
2. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
3. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
4. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
5. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)