|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(d) Private investigator.
2. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
(a) Hired a lawyer to handle her divorce.
(b) Helped Betty Sue get her life back together.
(c) Bought her freedom from her pimp.
(d) Got her into drug rehab.
3. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) A shopping center.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) His home.
4. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
(a) The big bodyguard in the black suit.
(b) His brass knuckles.
(c) The phone calls he continues to receive.
(d) A bag of cement against his doorway.
5. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Leave the commune.
6. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(b) Charles Gleeson.
(c) Richard Grant.
(d) Albert Griffith.
7. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
(a) Ways to sneak out of the bar.
(b) A cover story.
(c) Methods of getting money for bail.
(d) An alibi for Trahearne.
8. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
(a) She had his baby.
(b) He prostituted her.
(c) He gave her an alias.
(d) She refused to marry him.
9. What feeling does Sughrue experience when he accomplishes a goal at work?
(a) Regret that the chase is over.
(b) Relief that he accomplished his goal.
(c) Excitement that he will be paid.
(d) Sadness that he has to leave people he now knows.
10. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He married Betty Sue.
(b) He treats women terribly.
(c) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(d) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
11. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
12. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He searched for her for years.
(b) He cared but didn't know what to do.
(c) He never thought of her again.
(d) He entered a deep depression.
13. What best describes Melinda the first time Sughrue sees her?
(a) Kind and slow.
(b) Cruel and placating.
(c) Indecisive and manipulative.
(d) Gracious and rough-handed.
14. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
(a) Got arrested.
(c) Fell in love and married.
(d) Ran a porn store.
15. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
(a) His well connected and dangerous friends.
(b) Torture techniques he learned in Vietnam.
(c) Robberies he got away with.
(d) The way he harmed small animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
2. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
3. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
4. Who pays Sughrue's bill in the search for Trahearne?
5. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)