|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saghrue reveal about Trahearne's mother?
(a) She dated a married doctor.
(b) She is serving 20-45 for armed robbery.
(c) She committed suicide when Trahearne was young.
(d) She was a single and pregnant schoolteacher.
2. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
(a) A college campus.
(b) As a delivery person.
(c) A porn movie.
(d) As a waitress.
3. What demeaning confession does Gleeson admit to Sughrue?
(a) He dated Betty Sue's mother.
(b) He married Betty Sue.
(c) He treats women terribly.
(d) He planned to ride Betty Sue's possibly famous coattails.
4. Who does Sughrue encounter during a walk through the woods?
(b) A homeless person.
(c) Woodland creatures.
5. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
(a) He made one of them up.
(b) They occurred within days of each other.
(c) An officer taught the techniques to him.
(d) His plans to escape using the techniques.
6. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) Thousands of dollars.
(c) A truck.
(d) Melinda's sculptures.
7. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
(a) Counting cards in Las Vegas.
(b) Abusing people and things.
(c) Making people love her.
(d) Stealing and robbery.
8. After Saghrue arrives at Trahearne's house and meets Melinda, how does he realize he feels about Betty Sue?
(a) He's upset.
(b) He's fallen under her spell.
(c) He wants to forget her.
(d) He dislikes her mysteriousness.
9. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Interrogate other guests.
(b) Have sex with another guest.
(c) Steal money from the desk.
(d) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
10. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
(b) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
(c) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
(d) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
11. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
(b) Drives him home.
(c) Shoots him in the hand.
(d) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
12. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
(b) The heart of nearby San Francisco,
(c) The east coast.
(d) A midwestern state.
13. Where does Saghure track Peggy Bain to?
(a) A bar.
(b) A dollar store.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A drug party.
14. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) A midwestern state.
15. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(a) He shakes his head in sadness.
(d) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
2. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
3. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
4. What does Jackson admit to Sughrue after their first meeting concerning Betty Sue?
5. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)