|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
(b) The east coast.
(c) The heart of nearby San Francisco,
(d) A midwestern state.
2. What does Trahearne reveal to Sughrue about rainstorms and his childhood?
(a) He obsessed about women leaving him in the rain.
(b) He obsessed about a naked woman who appeared in a window.
(c) He obsessed about dying in the rain.
(d) He obsessed about rain on his wedding day.
3. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) A shopping center.
(c) His home.
(d) The movie theater.
4. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
5. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
6. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
(a) The big bodyguard in the black suit.
(b) His brass knuckles.
(c) A bag of cement against his doorway.
(d) The phone calls he continues to receive.
7. What does Sughrue do with Randall Jackson after their first meeting?
(a) Takes him for lunch and drinks.
(b) Drives him home.
(c) Shoots him in the hand.
(d) Kidnaps and takes him into the woods.
8. Who runs with Sughrue on his first morning in Montana?
9. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
(c) Private investigator.
10. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) Tattoos up her back.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(d) A fake arm.
11. What does Catherine want from Sughrue his first morning in Montana?
(a) A relationship.
(b) Help finding her mother.
(c) A ride into town.
(d) An invoice.
12. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
13. Trahearne's ex-wife tells Sughrue to look where for him?
(b) On the streets.
(c) The library, writing and researching.
(d) His regular hangouts, bars.
14. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He has never traveled before.
(b) He has leads to help Sughrue.
(c) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
(d) He feels connected to Sughrue.
15. Who lives with Catherine?
(a) An escaped convict.
(d) Eight cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
2. What did Betty Sue want from Jimmy when she called him?
3. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
4. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
5. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)