|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
(d) Honorable Discharge.
2. Who lives with Catherine?
(a) An escaped convict.
(b) Eight cats.
3. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
4. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
(a) Take Trahearne to his mother's home.
(b) Be sure Trahearne starts on his way home.
(c) Don't get too close to Trahearne.
(d) Leave Trahearne behind.
5. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
(a) That Betty Sue doesn't want to be found.
(b) That Betty Sue is imprisoned.
(c) That Betty Sue is dead.
(d) That Betty Sue is a porn star.
6. What does Sughrue recall about his torture technique and his discharge from Vietnam?
(a) He made one of them up.
(b) They occurred within days of each other.
(c) An officer taught the techniques to him.
(d) His plans to escape using the techniques.
7. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(b) A shopping center.
(c) His home.
(d) The movie theater.
8. Who was with Betty Sue the night she disappeared?
(c) Charles Gleeson.
(d) Albert Griffith.
9. What has Betty Sue's father revealed to Peggy?
(a) Betty Sue lives in a commune in Oregon.
(b) He doesn't want to see her.
(c) She is dead.
(d) He isn't Betty Sue's real father.
10. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(b) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
(c) He has never traveled before.
(d) He has leads to help Sughrue.
11. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She knew their relationship would not work.
(b) She loved him even more.
(c) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
(d) She wanted nothing to do with him.
12. What does the owner of the commune reveal about Betty Sue?
(a) She stole from her friends.
(b) She was great in bed and overweight.
(c) She entered a psychiatric hospital.
(d) She lied about her past.
13. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Have sex with another guest.
(b) Steal money from the desk.
(c) Interrogate other guests.
(d) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
14. How does Sughrue describe Albert Griffith?
(a) Intelligent and impressive.
(b) Kind but slow.
(c) Desperate to impress.
(d) Demeaning and cocky.
15. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) Richard Grant.
(b) Albert Griffith.
(c) Charles Gleeson.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
2. What plans does Sughrue make with a nurse while visiting Trahearne?
3. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
4. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
5. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)