|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(a) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
(d) He shakes his head in sadness.
2. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
3. Where does Sughrue find the first visitor on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) The movie theater.
(c) His home.
(d) A shopping center.
4. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
(a) Managing an office.
(b) Cooking in a bar.
(c) Hunting down runaways.
(d) Running a gym.
5. In regards to the police, what do Sophie and Rosie develop after the bar fight?
(a) Methods of getting money for bail.
(b) A cover story.
(c) An alibi for Trahearne.
(d) Ways to sneak out of the bar.
6. Where was Betty Sue when she called Jimmy?
(b) A midwestern state.
(d) San Francisco.
7. What does the person in the woods bully Sughrue into doing for his/her benefit?
(a) Testifying in court.
(b) Catching fish.
(c) Giving money.
(d) Buying breakfast.
8. As Saghure tries to leave Peggy's side, what is Trahearne trying to do?
(a) Call Melinda on a pay phone.
(b) Steal money from the desk.
(c) Have sex with another guest.
(d) Interrogate other guests.
9. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She wanted nothing to do with him.
(b) She loved him even more.
(c) She knew their relationship would not work.
(d) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
10. What reason does Trahearne provide for wanting to travel with Sughrue?
(a) He wants to wander with Sughrue.
(b) He feels connected to Sughrue.
(c) He has never traveled before.
(d) He has leads to help Sughrue.
11. How does Albert Griffith feel about Betty Sue, even after marriage and fathering two kids?
(a) He questions leaving her.
(b) He wishes never to see her again.
(c) He is desperately in love with her.
(d) He wants to befriend her.
12. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(d) Making love.
13. What body part of Trahearne's end up shot in the bar fight?
14. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
15. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
(a) Don't get too close to Trahearne.
(b) Be sure Trahearne starts on his way home.
(c) Take Trahearne to his mother's home.
(d) Leave Trahearne behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is C.W. Sughrue's occupation?
2. After speaking to Jimmy, what do Saghrue and Trahearne tell Rosie?
3. What does Peggy say Betty Sue is capable of?
4. What sort of sculptures does Melinda make?
5. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)