|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(c) Making love.
2. When Betty Sue left Jackson, how did she feel about him?
(a) She wanted nothing to do with him.
(b) She kept secrets from him because she distrusted him.
(c) She knew their relationship would not work.
(d) She loved him even more.
3. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) Thousands of dollars.
(c) A truck.
(d) Melinda's sculptures.
4. Who lives with Catherine?
(a) An escaped convict.
(d) Eight cats.
5. What makes Sughrue realize that Randall Jackson is involved in organized crime?
(a) His brass knuckles.
(b) The phone calls he continues to receive.
(c) A bag of cement against his doorway.
(d) The big bodyguard in the black suit.
6. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) Tattoos up her back.
(b) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(c) Her hairstyle.
(d) A fake arm.
7. What did Betty Sue want to do when she called Jimmy?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Leave the commune.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Get married.
8. What did Charles Gleeson think of Betty Sue's acting ability?
(a) Mediocre talent with little effort.
(b) Great talent with little work ethic.
(c) Incredible talent with enormous potential.
(d) Lacking talent for a boring and uninteresting performance.
9. After driving for nineteen hours, where does Sughrue arrive?
(b) The Mexican border.
(c) San Francisco.
10. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
(a) He entered a deep depression.
(b) He searched for her for years.
(c) He cared but didn't know what to do.
(d) He never thought of her again.
11. How did Sughrue make a living in San Francisco after his discharge from the military?
(a) Cooking in a bar.
(b) Running a gym.
(c) Hunting down runaways.
(d) Managing an office.
12. How does Rosie react to Saghrue and Trahearne showing up in her bar after they meet with Jimmy?
13. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
(c) He shakes his head in sadness.
(d) He shrugs and says, "probably so."
14. What plans does Sughrue make with a nurse while visiting Trahearne?
(a) A shopping trip.
(b) A date.
(c) Discharge paperwork.
(d) Home visits for Trahearne.
15. What does the person in the woods bully Sughrue into doing for his/her benefit?
(a) Testifying in court.
(b) Catching fish.
(c) Giving money.
(d) Buying breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Professor Richter, what did Randall Jackson once do in San Francisco?
2. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
3. As Sughrue remembers, what caused the last woman he loved to refuse his marriage proposal?
4. What odd subject does Sughrue bully Gleeson with?
5. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)