|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosie think about Betty Sue at the beginning of the novel?
(a) That Betty Sue works for the government.
(b) That Betty Sue is happily married somewhere.
(c) That Betty Sue is a prostitute.
(d) That Betty Sue is alive.
2. How does Betty Sue behave in the porn Sughrue sees?
3. What best describes Jimmy Flowers?
(a) Ignorant and uncaring.
(b) Bitter, angry and volatile.
(c) Smart, irritated and busy.
(d) Caring and compassionate.
4. What does Sughrue take from Catherine after their night in town?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A letter.
(d) Trahearne's book.
5. How does Sughrue prevent Trahearne from changing his life?
(a) Punches him cold and takes him to the hospital.
(b) Gets Melinda on the phone.
(c) Buys him a plane ticket to Mexico.
(d) Encourages him to get drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty Sue disappeared, how did Albert Griffith react?
2. How long does Melinda have to please Torres' request?
3. Who sent Betty Sue's father the postcard?
4. What occupation does Melinda have?
5. Who seems to have overheard the conversation between Sughrue and Melinda?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)