|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trahearne want to make his novel different than?
(a) Pretentious and fake gibberish.
(b) His sentimental poetry and far-fetched fiction.
(c) Other people's writing.
(d) Researched and stiff books.
2. Why does Sughrue end up talking to Melinda after dinner?
(a) Catherine took Trahearne away.
(b) Trahearne passes out.
(c) Sughrue wants to investigate Melinda.
(d) Melinda will not let him leave the table.
3. After Sughrue kidnaps Jackson, what does Jackson tell him about Melinda?
(a) Melinda is an undercover cop.
(b) Melinda belongs to the mob.
(c) Melinda is not really married to Trahearne.
(d) Melinda's been kidnapped by Hyland.
4. Who does Sughrue first visit on the list of Betty Sue's friends?
(a) Richard Grant.
(b) Albert Griffith.
(d) Charles Gleeson.
5. Where does Randall Jackson move to from San Francisco?
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Sughrue to do when Trahearne leaves the hospital after recuperating from his gunshot wound?
2. What does Catherine confess her feelings toward Sughrue have been since meeting him?
3. What is Melinda's life story, as Melinda tells Sughrue?
4. What will Trahearne pay Sughrue to do?
5. How does Catherine react to Sughrue after their sexual encounter?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)