|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
(b) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
(c) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
(d) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
2. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He runs a major corporation.
(b) He is an escaped prisoner.
(c) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
(d) He is a famous novelist and poet.
3. When did Trahearne become unable to write?
(a) After his mother died.
(b) After his car wreck.
(c) After he met Sughrue.
(d) After he married Melinda.
4. After Trahearne leaves Sughrue's acreage in Montana, where does Sughrue work?
(a) A book store.
(b) A strip bar.
(c) A strip mall.
(d) The library.
5. What did Selma Hinds do to help Betty Sue?
(a) Bought her freedom from her pimp.
(b) Hired a lawyer to handle her divorce.
(c) Helped Betty Sue get her life back together.
(d) Got her into drug rehab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in the woods bully Sughrue into doing for his/her benefit?
2. How do the police react to the answers from Sughrue and Rosie?
3. What is Abraham Trahearne's occupation?
4. When Sughrue visits Selma Hinds to discover why she lied to him, what does he discover?
5. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)