|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sughrue quit the line of work he started in San Francisco?
(a) Sughrue found a butchered fourteen-year-old boy.
(b) Sughrue wanted a new outlook on life.
(c) Sughrue disliked the mundane work.
(d) Sughrue hated breaking up fights.
2. Who quits running on Sughrue's first morning in Montana?
3. What is Melinda's life story, as Melinda tells Sughrue?
(a) She ran from home after not appreciating her caring parents.
(b) She is the wealthy heiress of life-loving, dead, young parents.
(c) She had abusive parents and even more abusive boyfriends.
(d) She loved the grandparents who raised her, but have since died.
4. When Gleeson saw Betty Sue after her disappearance, what was different about her?
(a) Her hairstyle.
(b) A fake arm.
(c) An ugly scar in the middle of her belly.
(d) Tattoos up her back.
5. What does Saghrue reveal about Trahearne's mother?
(a) She committed suicide when Trahearne was young.
(b) She was a single and pregnant schoolteacher.
(c) She dated a married doctor.
(d) She is serving 20-45 for armed robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
2. What does the person in the woods bully Sughrue into doing for his/her benefit?
3. What does Rosie think about Betty Sue at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
5. According to Gleeson, why did he not have sex with Betty Sue?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)