|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sughrue leave Melinda in the night?
(a) He needs a walk to clear his mind.
(b) He wants to escape her husband.
(c) He realizes it's time to move on.
(d) He owes Catherine money.
2. What does the friendly nurse reveal about Trahearne?
(a) He is a famous novelist and poet.
(b) He runs a major corporation.
(c) He is an escaped prisoner.
(d) He has a few serious relationships with several women.
3. What best describes Betty Sue and Albert Griffith's intimacy?
(b) They only slept together a few times.
(d) They never slept together.
4. Since Betty Sue disappeared, what other place has Gleeson seen her?
(a) A college campus.
(b) As a waitress.
(c) As a delivery person.
(d) A porn movie.
5. What activity do Rosie and Sughrue partake in to calm themselves after the police questioning?
(b) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sughrue remembers, what caused the last woman he loved to refuse his marriage proposal?
2. Trahearne's ex-wife tells Sughrue to look where for him?
3. What does Sughrue think about Betty Sue as the novel opens?
4. Who does Sughrue encounter during a walk through the woods?
5. According to Rosie, where did Betty Sue disappear to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)