|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosie think about Betty Sue at the beginning of the novel?
(a) That Betty Sue is alive.
(b) That Betty Sue is happily married somewhere.
(c) That Betty Sue works for the government.
(d) That Betty Sue is a prostitute.
2. After speaking to Jimmy, what do Saghrue and Trahearne tell Rosie?
(a) Betty Sue does not want to be found.
(b) The search for Betty Sue has turned up nothing.
(c) Betty Sue has an ugly past her mother shouldn't hear about.
(d) They know with certainty that Betty Sue is dead.
3. What do Trahearne and Sughrue take with them to San Francisco?
(a) Melinda's sculptures.
(b) Thousands of dollars.
(d) A truck.
4. How does Sughrue evaluate his conversation with Gleeson?
(a) He begins to trust Gleeson.
(b) He enjoys their banter.
(c) He becomes tired of Gleeson's coy and mannered conversation.
(d) He feels sorry for Gleeson's lack of confidence.
5. After Sughrue finds Trahearne, what starts the fight in the bar concerning a regular patron and Sughrue?
(a) Sughrue's inability to pay.
(b) Drunk men fighting over the pool table.
(c) Sughrue's attempts at casual conversation.
(d) A woman sitting by the regular patron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sughure do after Vietnam that many other soldiers did as well?
2. How was Sughrue discharged from his military duty in Vietnam?
3. What is Rosie willing to pay Sughrue for?
4. Who is Jimmy Flowers?
5. How does Albert Griffith respond when Sughrue mentions the possibility of Betty Sue as a porn star?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)