Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1, 2 and 3 Abstract
* Trahearne's ex-wife has hired Sughrue to find him.
* Sughrue finds Trahearne at a bar in California.
Chapters 4, 5 and 6 Abstract
* An argument at the bar ensues, in which Trahearne gets shot.
* Rosie, the bar's owner, and Sughrue concoct a story for the police.
Chapters 7 and 8 Abstract
* Rosie hires Sughrue to find her missing daughter...
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)