Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
4. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
5. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
Essay Topic 1
"The Last Full Measure" is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Shaara uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in the rural South in the 1840s when the women in "The Last Full Measure" are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sherman. What is his role the story? What was Shaara trying to accomplish by creating Sherman's character in the novel?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)