Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
4. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
5. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
Shaara uses more than one iteration on the motif of courage. Identify at least two motifs about courage and loyalty. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Shaara mean by calling the book "The Last Full Measure"? Cite an example to support your answer.
"The Last Full Measure" is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Shaara uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)