Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
4. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
5. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Shaara's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why Shaara used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Shaara uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Shaara uses more than one iteration on the motif of courage. Identify at least two motifs about courage and loyalty. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)