|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
2. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
3. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
4. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
5. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in the rural South in the 1840s when the women in "The Last Full Measure" are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
"The Last Full Measure" is written primarily in the third-person and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Grant or Lee?
Essay Topic 3
Lincoln tries always to maintain composure and integrity in every situation in "The Last Full Measure". Why are Lincoln's actions dignified? What effect did Lincoln's background have on his cultivating his personal dignity? What would be expected behavior from someone in Lincoln's position? Why would it be important for a gentleman like Lincoln to behave with dignity?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)