|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(c) Hard work.
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The boat.
(b) The truck.
(c) The tank.
(d) The train.
4. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Sisters.
(b) Five Brothers.
(c) Five Soldiers.
(d) Five Forks.
5. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
2. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
3. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
4. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
5. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)