|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
2. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
3. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
4. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The train.
(b) The boat.
(c) The tank.
(d) The truck.
5. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Control of air strips.
(b) Access to land routes.
(c) Access to water routes.
(d) Control of the roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to Washington after the surrender ceremony and visits Lincoln?
2. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
3. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
4. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
5. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
2. Why does Appomattox signify the end of the Civil War?
3. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
4. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
5. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
6. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
7. Why is Grant tempted to drink alcohol after Cold Harbor?
8. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
9. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
10. What is the oddity regarding soldiers who can view their own deaths in the war?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)