|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
(a) Their muskets.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their boots.
(d) Their uniforms.
2. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
3. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
4. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Victory announcement.
(b) Division of land.
(c) Sharing of war spoils.
(d) Peace negotiations.
5. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
2. Who is Grant's wife?
3. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
4. Who is Lee's nephew?
5. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
2. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
3. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
4. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
5. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
6. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
7. How does Shaara powerfully convey the death of Hill, one of Lee's leaders through a third-person point of view of an unknown officier?
8. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
9. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
10. How does access to water offer an advantage to Grant over Lee?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)