|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
2. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The tank.
(b) The truck.
(c) The boat.
(d) The train.
4. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
5. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
2. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
3. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
4. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
5. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
2. When Chamberlain rides back to the battle, how does he fool Confederate soldiers through a ruse?
3. How does the battle at Fort Stedman begin initially by accident?
4. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
5. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
6. Why is Lee disappointed that Lincoln is reelected?
7. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
8. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
9. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
10. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)