|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
2. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Lot of planning.
(c) Mistake on the Union side.
(d) Happy accident.
3. Who appeals to Davis with an idea to bring in new recruits from Georgia?
4. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
5. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
2. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
3. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
4. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
5. Who is Grant's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Grant tempted to drink alcohol after Cold Harbor?
2. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
3. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
4. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
5. What is the oddity regarding soldiers who can view their own deaths in the war?
6. Why does Appomattox signify the end of the Civil War?
7. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
8. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
9. How does Lincoln's nomination affect the Federal soldiers and their confidence in victory?
10. How does the battle at Fort Stedman begin initially by accident?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)