|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
2. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
3. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
4. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
5. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The truck.
(b) The tank.
(c) The train.
(d) The boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
2. Who is Grant's wife?
3. Who is Lee's nephew?
4. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
5. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
2. How does Lee finally accept Grant's offer to discuss surrender?
3. What is Lee forced to accept in his leadership after Jackson dies?
4. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
5. Why is Grant tempted to drink alcohol after Cold Harbor?
6. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
7. When Chamberlain rides back to the battle, how does he fool Confederate soldiers through a ruse?
8. Why is Lee disappointed that Lincoln is reelected?
9. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
10. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)