|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
2. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
3. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
(d) Sugary dates.
4. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
5. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Peace negotiations.
(b) Division of land.
(c) Victory announcement.
(d) Sharing of war spoils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
2. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
3. Who contradicts Sheridan's orders by telling Chamberlain to not go over the crest of a hill because he would expose his troops to fire?
4. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
5. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the oddity regarding soldiers who can view their own deaths in the war?
2. Why is Grant tempted to drink alcohol after Cold Harbor?
3. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
4. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
5. How does the battle at Fort Stedman begin initially by accident?
6. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
7. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
8. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
9. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
10. What does Chamberlain realize about the fight at Saylor's Creek?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)