|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surrender ceremony full of?
2. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
(a) Their boots.
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Their muskets.
(d) Their hats.
3. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
(d) Marketing agent.
4. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(a) Hard work.
5. Who evacuated Atlanta after attempting to stop Sherman's march to the sea three times?
Short Answer Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
2. Who will lead his division of Black soldiers into the breach made by blowing a hole in the Confederate defense?
3. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
4. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
5. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
2. What does Chamberlain realize about the fight at Saylor's Creek?
3. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
4. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
5. What is Lee forced to accept in his leadership after Jackson dies?
6. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
7. What is the irony in Chamberlain's death at the time of World War I?
8. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
9. Why is Lee disappointed that Lincoln is reelected?
10. How does Lee finally accept Grant's offer to discuss surrender?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)