|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Control of the roads.
(b) Access to land routes.
(c) Access to water routes.
(d) Control of air strips.
2. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A computer.
(c) A train.
(d) A plane.
3. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
4. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
5. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
2. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
3. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
4. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
5. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
2. When Chamberlain rides back to the battle, how does he fool Confederate soldiers through a ruse?
3. What is the irony in Chamberlain's death at the time of World War I?
4. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
5. How does the battle at Fort Stedman begin initially by accident?
6. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
7. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
8. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
9. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
10. What is the oddity regarding soldiers who can view their own deaths in the war?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)