|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Soldiers.
(b) Five Forks.
(c) Five Sisters.
(d) Five Brothers.
2. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their boots.
(d) Their muskets.
3. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
4. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
5. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
2. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
3. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
4. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
5. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
2. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
3. How does access to water offer an advantage to Grant over Lee?
4. What is Lee forced to accept in his leadership after Jackson dies?
5. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
6. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
7. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
8. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
9. How does the battle at Fort Stedman begin initially by accident?
10. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)