|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
2. Who is Lee's nephew?
(a) Fitz Lee.
3. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(b) Power struggles.
(c) Emancipation of women.
(d) The control of lands.
4. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
5. What is the surrender ceremony full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
2. Who goes to Washington after the surrender ceremony and visits Lincoln?
3. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
4. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
5. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Appomattox signify the end of the Civil War?
2. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
3. How does Lee finally accept Grant's offer to discuss surrender?
4. What is the irony in Chamberlain's death at the time of World War I?
5. How does Grant recognize Lee's hopeless situation after Lee's troops fail to burn the bridges?
6. When Chamberlain rides back to the battle, how does he fool Confederate soldiers through a ruse?
7. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
8. What is Lee forced to accept in his leadership after Jackson dies?
9. How does Lincoln's nomination affect the Federal soldiers and their confidence in victory?
10. What does Chamberlain realize about the fight at Saylor's Creek?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)