|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Access to land routes.
(b) Control of air strips.
(c) Access to water routes.
(d) Control of the roads.
2. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
3. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Soldiers.
(b) Five Brothers.
(c) Five Forks.
(d) Five Sisters.
4. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(b) Roasted almonds.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Sirloin steak.
5. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
2. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
3. Who is Grant's wife?
4. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
5. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
2. Why is Lee disappointed that Lincoln is reelected?
3. How does Shaara powerfully convey the death of Hill, one of Lee's leaders through a third-person point of view of an unknown officier?
4. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
5. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
6. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
7. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
8. What is Lee forced to accept in his leadership after Jackson dies?
9. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
10. What is the irony in Chamberlain's death at the time of World War I?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)