|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeals to Davis with an idea to bring in new recruits from Georgia?
2. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
3. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) A computer.
(b) A plane.
(c) A train.
(d) An automobile.
4. Who writes his memoirs at a house in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
5. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
2. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
3. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
4. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
5. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the battle at Fort Stedman begin initially by accident?
2. What is the oddity regarding soldiers who can view their own deaths in the war?
3. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
4. Why is Lee worried about shifting command to Beauregard?
5. What is the irony in Chamberlain's death at the time of World War I?
6. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
7. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
8. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
9. How does Shaara powerfully convey the death of Hill, one of Lee's leaders through a third-person point of view of an unknown officier?
10. How does Lee finally accept Grant's offer to discuss surrender?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)