|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(b) Hard work.
2. Who receives word that Sherman has captured Atlanta?
3. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
4. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The truck.
(b) The tank.
(c) The boat.
(d) The train.
5. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Control of the roads.
(b) Access to land routes.
(c) Control of air strips.
(d) Access to water routes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
2. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
3. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
4. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
5. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the oddity regarding soldiers who can view their own deaths in the war?
2. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
3. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
4. Why does Appomattox signify the end of the Civil War?
5. When Chamberlain rides back to the battle, how does he fool Confederate soldiers through a ruse?
6. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
7. Why is Grant tempted to drink alcohol after Cold Harbor?
8. What does Chamberlain realize about the fight at Saylor's Creek?
9. Why does Lee fail to attend the surrender ceremony?
10. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)