|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has given Sheridan permission to attack and eliminate the Confederate cavalry?
2. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
3. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
4. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bus.
(d) By metro.
5. After the failed assault on Hancock's center when the log wall burned, the attack was repulsed. Who died?
(a) Confederate soldiers.
(b) Rebel forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
2. What book is "The Last Full Measure" in Shaara's set of Civil War books?
3. What does Grant want most from the war?
4. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
5. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaara describe Chamberlain's return home to Maine?
2. What is the supreme fear to Lincoln if the South wins the Civil War?
3. How does Shaara powerfully convey the death of Hill, one of Lee's leaders through a third-person point of view of an unknown officier?
4. How does Lee take Longstreet's view of Grant into his planning for the war?
5. What does Shaara offer immediately to the reader in the introduction that foreshadows the conflicts to come?
6. What does Chamberlain realize about the fight at Saylor's Creek?
7. How does access to water offer an advantage to Grant over Lee?
8. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
9. Why does Grant fight in the Civil War?
10. What is the irony in Chamberlain's death at the time of World War I?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)