Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
2. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
3. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The Greek invasion.
(b) The Norman conquest.
(c) The British colonists.
(d) The Roman empire.
4. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
5. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the novel begin?
2. What is Lee's horse's name?
3. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
4. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
5. Who brings his Federal soldiers against Hill on the Confederate left flank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
2. How does Lincoln's nomination affect the Federal soldiers and their confidence in victory?
3. How do Confederate troops show their obedience to Gordon in the surrender ceremony?
4. Why does Lee believe that the statue of George Washington will remain intact during the war?
5. How does Shaara describe Chamberlain's return home to Maine?
6. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
7. How do troops on both sides of the war reveal their similarities through bartering?
8. Why is Lee disappointed that Lincoln is reelected?
9. Where does the novel commence?
10. What does Lee fear about central leadership proposed in a message from Richmond?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)