|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
2. What is the cliche regarding the Southern fight in the Civil War?
(a) It was for states' right.
(b) It was for autonomy.
(c) It was for preservation of the union.
(d) It was to dominate women.
3. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
(a) The lake.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The river.
(d) The pontoon.
4. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
5. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
2. When does the novel begin?
3. Who is to move into the Shenandoah Valley to divert part of Lee's army toward the west?
4. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
5. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the technique employed to break into the Confederate line proposed by Pleasant?
2. What is Lee forced to accept in his leadership after Jackson dies?
3. How do troops on both sides of the war reveal their similarities through bartering?
4. Why do the peace negotiations between Lincoln and the Confederate officials go nowhere?
5. What does Lee's anger at Longstreet reveal about his character and his belief in God?
6. How does Lee finally accept Grant's offer to discuss surrender?
7. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
8. Why is Grant tempted to drink alcohol after Cold Harbor?
9. Describe the interaction between Hill and Lee as they survey the failed attempt at Bristol.
10. How does the crater become a death trap for the Federal soldiers?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)