|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
(a) A raincoat.
(b) A tent.
(c) A waterproof house.
(d) A makeshift bridge.
2. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
3. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
4. What was not thorough enough according to Hill that caused the failed attack at Bristol?
(a) Hard work.
5. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is "The Last Full Measure" in Shaara's set of Civil War books?
2. Who is in charge of the Confederate forces?
3. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
4. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
5. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the figure of Grant represent in Washington during the war?
2. Describe the interaction between Hill and Lee as they survey the failed attempt at Bristol.
3. What does Chamberlain find absurd yet necessary about desertion in the army?
4. Where does the novel commence?
5. How does Shaara describe Hill's attack at Bristol Station?
6. Why does Shaara offer an Introduction to "The Last Full Measure"?
7. Who is General Sedgwick and how does he die?
8. How does Shaara powerfully build up to Stuart's death, reinforcing a good versus evil theme?
9. How does Grant get Meade on his side working together to fight the Confederates?
10. How does Shaara describe Lee viewing his defeated army from his horse?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)