|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
2. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
3. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Grant corps.
(b) Entire II corps.
4. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
5. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
2. Who shot Stonewall Jackson during the Battle of Chancellorsville?
3. Who is the commander of the Sixth Corps?
4. When does Lee bring his army into Virginia successfully?
5. Shaara offers biographies on which of the following leaders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee's anger at Longstreet reveal about his character and his belief in God?
2. How does Chamberlain's discussion of home with his brother Tom foreshadow Tom's death?
3. Why is fighting in the wilderness difficult for both Grant and Lee?
4. How do troops on both sides of the war reveal their similarities through bartering?
5. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
6. Why is trench warfare looked down upon and why is Lee forced to use this method?
7. What does Chamberlain find absurd yet necessary about desertion in the army?
8. How does the fight in the Wilderness initially go from in the favor of the Confederates to defeat?
9. Who is General Sedgwick and how does he die?
10. What does Shaara offer immediately to the reader in the introduction that foreshadows the conflicts to come?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)