|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The British colonists.
(b) The Norman conquest.
(c) The Roman empire.
(d) The Greek invasion.
2. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) The President's mansion.
(b) A Federal stronghold.
(c) A high bluff.
(d) A Confederate stronghold.
3. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
4. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
5. What color is Lee's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
2. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
3. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
4. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
5. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
2. Describe the interaction between Hill and Lee as they survey the failed attempt at Bristol.
3. How does Grant relieve his frustration by cutting wood?
4. How does Shaara describe Lee viewing his defeated army from his horse?
5. How does Shaara effectively change the mood of Chapter 1 from despair to some possibility for hope?
6. Who is General Sedgwick and how does he die?
7. After the failed Hancock attack, what does Lee think about God and believe will happen to Longstreet?
8. What does Meade's unorthodox flag reveal about himself and Grant?
9. Why does Lee want to resign?
10. How does Shaara powerfully build up to Stuart's death, reinforcing a good versus evil theme?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)