|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lee bring his army into Virginia successfully?
2. Who shot Stonewall Jackson during the Battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) The general.
(b) His own men.
(c) The commander.
(d) His best friend.
3. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
(a) Litchfield Commons.
(b) Mormon Retreat.
(c) Little Round Top.
(d) Underground Lieu.
4. What is the first name of Grant?
5. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
2. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
3. When the South cannot waste resources, what became important?
4. Where in Virginia does Lee bring his army successfully?
5. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hancock says, "The soldiers have seen something new, a new horror, a new way to die. They have seen the face of hell," what does he imply about fire and fighting?
2. Why is Lee unable to enjoy Christmas in Richmond?
3. What is the supreme fear to Lincoln if the South wins the Civil War?
4. How does Lee account for the failure at Bristol through his flashbacks?
5. What does Meade's unorthodox flag reveal about himself and Grant?
6. How does Shaara effectively change the mood of Chapter 1 from despair to some possibility for hope?
7. Why is fighting in the wilderness difficult for both Grant and Lee?
8. How does Shaara describe Hill's attack at Bristol Station?
9. What does Lee's anger at Longstreet reveal about his character and his belief in God?
10. How does Lee take Longstreet's view of Grant into his planning for the war?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)