|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expresses outright contempt for the foreign dignitaries?
2. What does Grant want most from the war?
3. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
4. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
5. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
2. What is new in the Civil War in comparison to previous wars that had been fought over open country with the occasional use of existing walls for cover?
3. Who is the commander of the Sixth Corps?
4. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
5. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
2. What is the supreme fear to Lincoln if the South wins the Civil War?
3. What does Shaara offer immediately to the reader in the introduction that foreshadows the conflicts to come?
4. How does Shaara describe Lee viewing his defeated army from his horse?
5. How does Shaara effectively change the mood of Chapter 1 from despair to some possibility for hope?
6. What is the important lesson that Lincoln learns from Gettsyburg regarding Federal soldiers?
7. How does the fight in the Wilderness initially go from in the favor of the Confederates to defeat?
8. What does Meade's unorthodox flag reveal about himself and Grant?
9. How does Shaara describe Hill's attack at Bristol Station?
10. What does Chamberlain find absurd yet necessary about desertion in the army?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)