|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
2. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
3. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
(a) A waterproof house.
(b) A tent.
(c) A raincoat.
(d) A makeshift bridge.
4. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
5. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
2. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
3. What is the cliche regarding the Southern fight in the Civil War?
4. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
5. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lee's desperation evident at Christmas?
2. What does the figure of Grant represent in Washington during the war?
3. How does Shaara effectively change the mood of Chapter 1 from despair to some possibility for hope?
4. What does Chamberlain find absurd yet necessary about desertion in the army?
5. How does Lee account for the failure at Bristol through his flashbacks?
6. How does Grant succeed monetarily through his memoirs?
7. What does Meade's unorthodox flag reveal about himself and Grant?
8. How does Grant get Meade on his side working together to fight the Confederates?
9. How does Lincoln's nomination affect the Federal soldiers and their confidence in victory?
10. What does Shaara offer immediately to the reader in the introduction that foreshadows the conflicts to come?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)