|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings his Federal soldiers against Hill on the Confederate left flank?
2. Who is the President of the Federal forces?
3. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Grant corps.
(d) Entire II corps.
4. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The pontoon.
(d) The bridge.
5. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
(a) New York.
(c) New Brunswick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has given Sheridan permission to attack and eliminate the Confederate cavalry?
2. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
3. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
4. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
5. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaara describe the interaction of foreign dignitaries with Grant and Meade?
2. What does the figure of Grant represent in Washington during the war?
3. After the failed Hancock attack, what does Lee think about God and believe will happen to Longstreet?
4. Why does Lee want to resign?
5. How does Grant get Meade on his side working together to fight the Confederates?
6. Why is trench warfare looked down upon and why is Lee forced to use this method?
7. Describe the interaction between Hill and Lee as they survey the failed attempt at Bristol.
8. Why is Lee unable to enjoy Christmas in Richmond?
9. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
10. What is the cliche surrounding the Southern reason for fighting in the Civil War and how does Lee oppose this?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)