|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
2. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
3. Who has given Sheridan permission to attack and eliminate the Confederate cavalry?
4. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
5. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
2. Of what group will Chamberlain's new assignment as commander be?
3. When Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run, who was criticized for his defensive maneuvers?
4. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
5. What is the first name of Grant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the figure of Grant represent in Washington during the war?
2. How do troops on both sides of the war reveal their similarities through bartering?
3. Who is General Sedgwick and how does he die?
4. What is the cliche surrounding the Southern reason for fighting in the Civil War and how does Lee oppose this?
5. How does Lee take Longstreet's view of Grant into his planning for the war?
6. How does Shaara describe the interaction of foreign dignitaries with Grant and Meade?
7. How does Grant relieve his frustration by cutting wood?
8. When Hancock says, "The soldiers have seen something new, a new horror, a new way to die. They have seen the face of hell," what does he imply about fire and fighting?
9. Why is fighting in the wilderness difficult for both Grant and Lee?
10. What does Shaara offer immediately to the reader in the introduction that foreshadows the conflicts to come?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)