|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
2. What does the Federal commander's work focus on?
(a) Stealing from opponents.
(b) Defeating the Confederates.
(c) Gaining recognition.
(d) Being wealthy.
3. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bus.
(d) By metro.
4. What color is Lee's horse?
5. What is the first name of Grant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
2. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
3. Who suffers from debilitating arthritis that has rendered one of her arms shriveled and useless?
4. Who cross the Rapidan River at the westerly Germanna Ford?
5. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the important lesson that Lincoln learns from Gettsyburg regarding Federal soldiers?
2. How does Lee take Longstreet's view of Grant into his planning for the war?
3. How do troops on both sides of the war reveal their similarities through bartering?
4. Why is Lee unable to enjoy Christmas in Richmond?
5. Why does Shaara offer an Introduction to "The Last Full Measure"?
6. What is the cliche surrounding the Southern reason for fighting in the Civil War and how does Lee oppose this?
7. How does Shaara effectively change the mood of Chapter 1 from despair to some possibility for hope?
8. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
9. How does Grant relieve his frustration by cutting wood?
10. What does Meade's unorthodox flag reveal about himself and Grant?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)