|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
2. Who brings his Federal soldiers against Hill on the Confederate left flank?
3. When Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run, who was criticized for his defensive maneuvers?
4. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Parsimonious leaders.
(b) Power-thirsty soldiers.
(c) Fame-hungry officials.
(d) Brothers in arms.
5. How is Stuart different from Lee in regards to religion?
(a) Stuart is an atheist.
(b) Stuart is a Catholic.
(c) Stuart is more conservative.
(d) Stuart is less conservative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
2. What do the Federal forces NOT have necessarily that is superior to the Confederate forces?
3. From what period do terribly bloody battles follow one another according to Shaara?
4. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
5. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaara reveal who the significant characters of "The Last Full Measure" are?
2. How does Shaara describe Hill's attack at Bristol Station?
3. When Hancock says, "The soldiers have seen something new, a new horror, a new way to die. They have seen the face of hell," what does he imply about fire and fighting?
4. Why does Shaara offer an Introduction to "The Last Full Measure"?
5. How does Shaara describe Lee viewing his defeated army from his horse?
6. Why is it hard to see the enemy in the wilderness that becomes apparent on the first full day of battle?
7. Why does Grant fight in the Civil War?
8. What is the supreme fear to Lincoln if the South wins the Civil War?
9. How does Chamberlain's discussion of home with his brother Tom foreshadow Tom's death?
10. Why is trench warfare looked down upon and why is Lee forced to use this method?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)