|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
2. Who appeals to Davis with an idea to bring in new recruits from Georgia?
3. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
(a) Sugary dates.
4. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
5. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
6. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
7. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
8. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Sisters.
(b) Five Forks.
(c) Five Soldiers.
(d) Five Brothers.
9. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
10. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
11. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
12. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
13. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
14. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
15. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
3. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
4. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
5. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)