|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
2. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Sirloin steak.
(d) Roasted almonds.
3. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
4. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The train.
(b) The boat.
(c) The truck.
(d) The tank.
5. What is the surrender ceremony full of?
6. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
7. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
8. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
9. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
10. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
11. Who contradicts Sheridan's orders by telling Chamberlain to not go over the crest of a hill because he would expose his troops to fire?
12. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
13. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
14. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
15. Who is Grant's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
2. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
3. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
4. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
5. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)