|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) Confederate soldiers.
(b) McNamara and soldiers.
(c) Grant and soldiers.
(d) Sorrel and soldiers.
2. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
3. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
4. Who is Lee's nephew?
(c) Fitz Lee.
5. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(a) Roasted almonds.
(b) Roast beef.
(d) Sirloin steak.
6. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
(a) Their boots.
(b) Their muskets.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their uniforms.
7. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
8. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
9. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
10. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
11. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
12. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(b) Sister Veil.
13. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
14. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
15. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who contradicts Sheridan's orders by telling Chamberlain to not go over the crest of a hill because he would expose his troops to fire?
2. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
3. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
4. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
5. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)