|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His tanks.
(b) His friends.
(c) His supplies.
(d) His cavalry.
2. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
(a) Robert Lee.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Samuel Clemens.
(d) Ulysses Grant.
3. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
4. What is the surrender ceremony full of?
5. Who is Grant's wife?
6. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
(a) Stand at ease.
(b) Throw away muskets.
(c) Fix bayonets.
(d) Shoot guns.
7. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
8. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
9. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
10. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Access to water routes.
(b) Access to land routes.
(c) Control of the roads.
(d) Control of air strips.
11. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
(a) The Anarchist Leaders.
(b) The Confederate Troops.
(c) The Union Soldiers.
(d) The Federal Second Corps.
12. Who goes to Washington after the surrender ceremony and visits Lincoln?
13. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
14. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1/2 mile.
15. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
2. Who is Lee's nephew?
3. Who evacuated Atlanta after attempting to stop Sherman's march to the sea three times?
4. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
5. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)