|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) A computer.
(b) A train.
(c) A plane.
(d) An automobile.
2. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
3. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
4. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
5. Who will lead his division of Black soldiers into the breach made by blowing a hole in the Confederate defense?
6. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His supplies.
(b) His cavalry.
(c) His friends.
(d) His tanks.
7. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
8. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
9. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(b) Power struggles.
(c) Emancipation of women.
(d) The control of lands.
10. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
(a) Stand at ease.
(b) Shoot guns.
(c) Fix bayonets.
(d) Throw away muskets.
11. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
12. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
13. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
14. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
15. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) Sorrel and soldiers.
(b) McNamara and soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
(d) Grant and soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
2. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
3. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
4. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
5. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)