|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Control of the roads.
(b) Control of air strips.
(c) Access to land routes.
(d) Access to water routes.
2. Who appeals to Davis with an idea to bring in new recruits from Georgia?
3. Who receives word that Sherman has captured Atlanta?
4. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
5. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) McNamara and soldiers.
(b) Grant and soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
(d) Sorrel and soldiers.
6. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
7. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
8. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
9. Who evacuated Atlanta after attempting to stop Sherman's march to the sea three times?
10. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(a) Power struggles.
(b) Emancipation of women.
(c) The control of lands.
11. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
12. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
13. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
14. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
15. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
2. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
3. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
4. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
5. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)