|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
2. Who receives word that Sherman has captured Atlanta?
3. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
4. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
5. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
6. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
7. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Happy accident.
(c) Lot of planning.
(d) Mistake on the Union side.
8. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their muskets.
(c) Their boots.
(d) Their uniforms.
9. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
10. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
11. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
12. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
13. Who appeals to Davis with an idea to bring in new recruits from Georgia?
14. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
15. Who will lead his division of Black soldiers into the breach made by blowing a hole in the Confederate defense?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
2. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
3. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
4. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
5. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)