|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
2. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
3. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
4. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) A computer.
(b) A plane.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A train.
5. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
6. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
7. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
8. Who writes his memoirs at a house in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
9. Who orders his generals to continue the ceasefire until he can complete the surrender with Grant?
10. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Lot of planning.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Mistake on the Union side.
11. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
12. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
13. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(a) Sister Veil.
14. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
15. Who goes to Washington after the surrender ceremony and visits Lincoln?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
2. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
3. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
4. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
5. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)