|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
2. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
3. Who is Grant's wife?
4. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
5. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
6. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
7. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
8. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(a) Roasted almonds.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Sirloin steak.
9. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
10. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
11. Who appeals to Davis with an idea to bring in new recruits from Georgia?
12. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
13. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
14. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
15. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(b) Power struggles.
(c) The control of lands.
(d) Emancipation of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
2. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
3. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
4. After the Federal soldiers cross James River, to whom does the command of Confederate soldiers go?
5. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)