|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will lead his division of Black soldiers into the breach made by blowing a hole in the Confederate defense?
2. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
3. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
4. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
5. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The tank.
(b) The boat.
(c) The truck.
(d) The train.
6. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His friends.
(b) His cavalry.
(c) His tanks.
(d) His supplies.
7. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
8. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
9. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
10. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
11. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
12. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(b) Lot of planning.
(c) Mistake on the Union side.
(d) Happy accident.
13. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
14. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(b) Sister Veil.
15. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to Washington after the surrender ceremony and visits Lincoln?
2. Who writes his memoirs at a house in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
3. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
4. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
5. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)