|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
2. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
3. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
4. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(c) Hard work.
5. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
6. Who evacuated Atlanta after attempting to stop Sherman's march to the sea three times?
7. After the Federal soldiers cross James River, to whom does the command of Confederate soldiers go?
8. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
9. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
10. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
11. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
12. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) A plane.
(b) A computer.
(c) A train.
(d) An automobile.
13. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
14. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
15. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) Grant and soldiers.
(b) McNamara and soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
(d) Sorrel and soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
2. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
3. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
4. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
5. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)