|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
2. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) Confederate soldiers.
(b) Grant and soldiers.
(c) McNamara and soldiers.
(d) Sorrel and soldiers.
3. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Happy accident.
(b) Mistake on the Union side.
(d) Lot of planning.
4. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
5. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His cavalry.
(b) His tanks.
(c) His supplies.
(d) His friends.
6. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
7. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
8. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Victory announcement.
(b) Peace negotiations.
(c) Division of land.
(d) Sharing of war spoils.
9. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
10. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(a) Emancipation of women.
(b) The control of lands.
(c) Power struggles.
11. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
12. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
13. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
14. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
(c) Marketing agent.
15. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
2. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
3. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
4. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
5. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)