|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Happy accident.
(b) Lot of planning.
(d) Mistake on the Union side.
3. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
4. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
5. Who orders his generals to continue the ceasefire until he can complete the surrender with Grant?
6. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
7. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
8. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
9. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) Sorrel and soldiers.
(b) McNamara and soldiers.
(c) Grant and soldiers.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
10. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
(a) Fix bayonets.
(b) Throw away muskets.
(c) Stand at ease.
(d) Shoot guns.
11. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
12. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(c) Hard work.
13. What is the surrender ceremony full of?
14. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His supplies.
(b) His cavalry.
(c) His friends.
(d) His tanks.
15. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
2. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
3. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
4. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
5. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)