|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
2. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
(a) McNamara and soldiers.
(b) Confederate soldiers.
(c) Grant and soldiers.
(d) Sorrel and soldiers.
3. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
4. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(a) Emancipation of women.
(b) The control of lands.
(d) Power struggles.
5. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
6. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
7. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
8. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Happy accident.
(b) Lot of planning.
(c) Mistake on the Union side.
9. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
10. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
11. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
12. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
13. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 12 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
14. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
15. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
(a) The Confederate Troops.
(b) The Federal Second Corps.
(c) The Anarchist Leaders.
(d) The Union Soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
2. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
3. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
4. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
5. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)