Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(c) Hard work.
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The boat.
(b) The truck.
(c) The tank.
(d) The train.
4. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Sisters.
(b) Five Brothers.
(c) Five Soldiers.
(d) Five Forks.
5. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
6. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
7. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
8. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
9. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Victory announcement.
(b) Sharing of war spoils.
(c) Peace negotiations.
(d) Division of land.
10. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
(a) Lover's Lane.
(c) Filo Creek.
(d) Saylor's Creek.
11. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
12. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
13. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
14. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) A plane.
(b) A computer.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A train.
15. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
2. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
3. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
4. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
5. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)