|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Lot of planning.
(b) Happy accident.
(c) Mistake on the Union side.
2. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
3. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
4. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
5. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
(a) Stand at ease.
(b) Shoot guns.
(c) Fix bayonets.
(d) Throw away muskets.
6. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
7. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
(a) Saylor's Creek.
(c) Filo Creek.
(d) Lover's Lane.
8. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
9. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
10. Who orders his generals to continue the ceasefire until he can complete the surrender with Grant?
11. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(b) Power struggles.
(c) The control of lands.
(d) Emancipation of women.
12. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
13. Who will lead his division of Black soldiers into the breach made by blowing a hole in the Confederate defense?
14. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
15. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
2. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
3. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
4. After the Federal soldiers cross James River, to whom does the command of Confederate soldiers go?
5. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)