|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
2. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
3. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
(a) Robert Lee.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) Ulysses Grant.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
4. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
5. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
6. Who is Grant's wife?
7. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
8. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
9. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
10. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
11. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
12. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(a) Emancipation of women.
(b) Power struggles.
(d) The control of lands.
13. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
14. What is the surrender ceremony full of?
15. Who is Lee's nephew?
(d) Fitz Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Federal soldiers cross James River, to whom does the command of Confederate soldiers go?
2. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
3. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
4. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
5. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)