|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Robert Lee.
(d) Ulysses Grant.
2. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
3. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
4. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Sharing of war spoils.
(b) Peace negotiations.
(c) Division of land.
(d) Victory announcement.
5. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Soldiers.
(b) Five Sisters.
(c) Five Brothers.
(d) Five Forks.
6. Who is Lee's nephew?
(c) Fitz Lee.
7. Where does Lee move after the Civil War has ended?
8. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(b) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
9. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
10. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
11. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
12. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His tanks.
(b) His supplies.
(c) His cavalry.
(d) His friends.
13. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
14. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(b) Sister Veil.
15. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
2. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
3. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
4. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
5. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)