|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
(a) Filo Creek.
(b) Lover's Lane.
(c) Saylor's Creek.
2. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
3. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
4. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
5. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
6. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
7. Who tells Grant that he would have been willing to allow slavery?
8. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(a) Sirloin steak.
(c) Roasted almonds.
(d) Roast beef.
9. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
(a) Fix bayonets.
(b) Stand at ease.
(c) Shoot guns.
(d) Throw away muskets.
10. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
11. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
12. Who orders Meade to use the Fifth and Eighteenth Corps instead of the black troops?
13. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
14. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Division of land.
(b) Victory announcement.
(c) Peace negotiations.
(d) Sharing of war spoils.
15. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
2. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
3. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
4. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
5. Who evacuated Atlanta after attempting to stop Sherman's march to the sea three times?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)