|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(b) Happy accident.
(c) Mistake on the Union side.
(d) Lot of planning.
2. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
(d) Marketing agent.
3. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The train.
(b) The tank.
(c) The boat.
(d) The truck.
4. Who will lead his division of Black soldiers into the breach made by blowing a hole in the Confederate defense?
5. Who contradicts Sheridan's orders by telling Chamberlain to not go over the crest of a hill because he would expose his troops to fire?
6. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
7. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
8. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
9. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(b) Hard work.
10. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(a) Power struggles.
(c) Emancipation of women.
(d) The control of lands.
11. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
12. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
13. Who is Grant's wife?
14. Who orders his generals to continue the ceasefire until he can complete the surrender with Grant?
15. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His supplies.
(b) His cavalry.
(c) His friends.
(d) His tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
2. Near what town does Lee camp out with his nephew, remaining troops, and Longstreet?
3. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
4. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
5. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)