|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
(a) A plane.
(b) A computer.
(c) A train.
(d) An automobile.
2. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
3. Who writes his memoirs at a house in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
4. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(a) Sister Veil.
5. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Control of air strips.
(b) Access to land routes.
(c) Control of the roads.
(d) Access to water routes.
6. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The truck.
(b) The tank.
(c) The boat.
(d) The train.
7. What is Mark Twain's profession that introduces him to former Civil War generals?
(c) Marketing agent.
8. The Civil War was about the states' right to _____ from the Union.
9. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
10. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
11. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
(a) The Federal Second Corps.
(b) The Anarchist Leaders.
(c) The Union Soldiers.
(d) The Confederate Troops.
12. Where does Grant want to go to return to his wife and children?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
13. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Sisters.
(b) Five Forks.
(c) Five Brothers.
(d) Five Soldiers.
14. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
15. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
2. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
3. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
4. Where does Lee work, rebuilding the college?
5. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)