|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(d) Hard work.
2. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
3. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
4. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Access to land routes.
(b) Control of the roads.
(c) Control of air strips.
(d) Access to water routes.
5. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
6. Who iscovers that Grant has not retreated and is moving his army toward the North Anna River with the intent to cross and move farther south?
7. Who contradicts Sheridan's orders by telling Chamberlain to not go over the crest of a hill because he would expose his troops to fire?
8. Who halts his troops while a Confederate officer rides his way under a white flag?
9. After the Federal soldiers cross James River, to whom does the command of Confederate soldiers go?
10. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
11. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
12. How long is the pontoon bridge over the James River that the Federal forces pass over?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
13. Who misses Stuart's leadership of the cavalry?
14. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
15. Who orders his generals to continue the ceasefire until he can complete the surrender with Grant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
2. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
3. Who is Grant's wife?
4. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
5. What is the new technology in 1913 that Chamberlain experiences that is so different from the Civil War?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)