|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who engage with Gordon's troops at Saylor's Creek?
(a) The Confederate Troops.
(b) The Federal Second Corps.
(c) The Union Soldiers.
(d) The Anarchist Leaders.
2. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
3. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
4. Who does Grant send to gain control of the Shenandoah Valley and prevent Lee from moving north?
5. Who goes to Washington after the surrender ceremony and visits Lincoln?
6. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
7. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
8. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(c) Sister Veil.
9. Who writes his memoirs at a house in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
10. Who orders Chamberlain to take out the Confederate artillery?
11. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
(d) Sugary dates.
12. What does Lee try to protect but is pushed back by an all-out assault, forced to retreat across the Appomattox River?
13. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
14. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
15. Who does Lee visit that lost his will to fight at Gettysburg when he led a disastrous charge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has taken and holds control of the Shenandoah Valley, allowing Lee's army to move westward into the Valley?
2. Who is Lee's nephew?
3. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
4. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
5. What do Lee's men begin to abandon, revealing their loss of morale?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)