|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lee admire as the irst President of the United States?
2. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
3. Who leads his Fifth Corps toward Petersburg along with Meade's forces?
4. Who comes up with a bold plan that must be carried out flawlessly for Lee?
5. What landing do the Federal forces' heavy artillery and supply wagons take a route to after Cold Harbor?
(a) Sister Veil.
6. What is filled with explosives and blows a hole in the Confederate defense?
7. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
(a) Emancipation of women.
(b) The control of lands.
(c) Power struggles.
8. Who takes Petersburg while the Federal soldiers take Richmond?
9. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
10. Who will not take the initiative like Stonewall Jackson had for the Confederates?
11. What is the luxury item that Grant has for dessert with his troops?
(a) Sugary dates.
12. Who receives word that Sherman has captured Atlanta?
13. What belonging to Lee is greatly outnumbered by Confederate forces?
(a) His tanks.
(b) His supplies.
(c) His cavalry.
(d) His friends.
14. Whose army is starving and expects a shipment of rations for his men to arrive?
15. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(b) Lot of planning.
(c) Happy accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
2. Who leads the Confederates in opposition to Sherman?
3. Who contradicts Sheridan's orders by telling Chamberlain to not go over the crest of a hill because he would expose his troops to fire?
4. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
5. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)