|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the engineer that came up with the novel idea to blow a hole in the Confederate defense?
2. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
(a) Control of the roads.
(b) Control of air strips.
(c) Access to water routes.
(d) Access to land routes.
3. What Fort does Lee have to take as part of the bold plan of turning the Union cannons on the Federal entrenched line?
4. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(b) Mistake on the Union side.
(c) Happy accident.
(d) Lot of planning.
5. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
6. What army can be split and defeated if Lee can make a rail line that would take his army southward?
7. What is the real name of Mark Twain?
(a) Robert Lee.
(b) Ulysses Grant.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Samuel Clemens.
8. What does Lee's forces lack, forcing the Confederates into a defensive position?
9. Who evacuated Atlanta after attempting to stop Sherman's march to the sea three times?
10. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(a) Sirloin steak.
(b) Roast beef.
(d) Roasted almonds.
11. What is the Confederate capital under seige?
12. Grant rides out to Sheridan's position south of ___________, anticipating that Lee will try to go to Danville.
13. Who is Lee's nephew?
(a) Fitz Lee.
14. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Soldiers.
(b) Five Brothers.
(c) Five Sisters.
(d) Five Forks.
15. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Peace negotiations.
(b) Division of land.
(c) Victory announcement.
(d) Sharing of war spoils.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
2. Who marches to the sea, gaining momentum over Confederates?
3. Who is the best officer that Lee has after Jackson dies?
4. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
5. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)