|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
2. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
3. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
4. Who receives orders from Sheridan to move his forces forward from Saylor's Creek to Appomattox?
5. Who decides not to attend the surrender of arms ceremony?
6. How far apart are Lee's soldiers fter the failed attempt to implement Gordon's plan?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
7. Who reassures Grant that the war is still his call and that Washington politics will not interfere with his decisions?
8. What carries ammunition but no food from Richmond?
(a) The train.
(b) The tank.
(c) The boat.
(d) The truck.
9. Who receives word that Sherman has captured Atlanta?
10. What is lacking in Meade's troops that Grant says he is used to but surprises Meade when they meet?
(a) Hard work.
11. Who writes his memoirs at a house in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
12. The push against Pickett near the intersection of three roads known as ________ starts out confused.
(a) Five Sisters.
(b) Five Brothers.
(c) Five Soldiers.
(d) Five Forks.
13. What does Grant enjoy eating with his soldiers?
(a) Roasted almonds.
(b) Sirloin steak.
(d) Roast beef.
14. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
(a) Peace negotiations.
(b) Victory announcement.
(c) Sharing of war spoils.
(d) Division of land.
15. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Happy accident.
(c) Lot of planning.
(d) Mistake on the Union side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which officials, consisting of the vice president, assistant secretary of war, and president of the senate, visit Lincoln?
2. What tremendous advantage does the Union forces have over the Confederate ones in delivering supplies?
3. Who is captured by Confederate troops but pulls off a ruse?
4. Who surrenders to the Federal soldiers?
5. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)