|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
(a) Opening caves.
(b) Digging trenches.
(c) Burning houses.
(d) Lowering battelions.
2. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The British colonists.
(b) The Roman empire.
(c) The Norman conquest.
(d) The Greek invasion.
3. The thick brush, trees, swampy areas, and general tangle of vegetation in what area make it difficult to navigate?
(a) The Underpass.
(b) The Wilderness.
(c) The Bridge.
(d) The Canyon.
4. By default, what practice do the Southerners want to maintain in the Civil War?
(a) Gender inequality.
(c) Cotton picking.
5. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
6. Who does Chamberlain talk to in Northern Virginia about his new assignment as commander?
7. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
(a) New Brunswick.
(d) New York.
8. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
9. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
10. How is Stuart different from Lee in regards to religion?
(a) Stuart is a Catholic.
(b) Stuart is an atheist.
(c) Stuart is more conservative.
(d) Stuart is less conservative.
11. Who expresses outright contempt for the foreign dignitaries?
12. What is Lee's horse's name?
13. Who is in charge of the Confederate forces?
14. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
15. Who replaces General Meade as the commander of the Federal forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of repeating carbines do Sheridan's man have?
2. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
3. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
4. What does Shaara employ to illustrate the battles that led to the failure at Bristol?
5. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)