|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the area that Lee expects to confront Grant in?
(a) The Wilderness.
(c) Pleasant Valley.
2. By default, what practice do the Southerners want to maintain in the Civil War?
(a) Gender inequality.
(b) Cotton picking.
3. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
4. If the South won the Civil War, what might disintegrate as a result?
(a) The Federalist group.
(b) The Confederacy.
(c) The Union.
(d) The Economist group.
5. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
6. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
7. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
(a) Underground Lieu.
(b) Litchfield Commons.
(c) Little Round Top.
(d) Mormon Retreat.
8. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Parsimonious leaders.
(b) Brothers in arms.
(c) Power-thirsty soldiers.
(d) Fame-hungry officials.
9. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(a) Acquisition of land.
10. Who is in charge of the Confederate forces?
11. How is Stuart different from Lee in regards to religion?
(a) Stuart is an atheist.
(b) Stuart is a Catholic.
(c) Stuart is less conservative.
(d) Stuart is more conservative.
12. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
(a) Strategic planning.
(c) Aerial observations.
13. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for control of land.
(b) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(c) A fight for equality.
(d) A fight to preserve the union.
14. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
(a) Yellow fever.
(c) Broken heart.
15. What do the Federal forces NOT have necessarily that is superior to the Confederate forces?
(a) Numbers of men.
(b) Good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
2. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
3. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
4. Who has given Sheridan permission to attack and eliminate the Confederate cavalry?
5. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)