|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
2. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
(a) A waterproof house.
(b) A raincoat.
(c) A makeshift bridge.
(d) A tent.
3. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
4. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) Broken heart.
5. Who may have fought with Grant in Mexico but cannot remember any distinguishing characteristics about Grant?
6. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
7. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so sleepy.
(b) He is so drunk.
(c) He has malaria.
(d) He is so happy.
8. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
9. What does Shaara employ to illustrate the battles that led to the failure at Bristol?
10. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
(b) Hand bullets.
(c) Torpedo ones.
(d) Minie balls.
11. From what period do terribly bloody battles follow one another according to Shaara?
12. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Entire II corps.
(c) Grant corps.
13. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
14. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
15. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
2. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
3. Who sends a communication to Grant, informing him that the enemy is advancing on the Orange Turnpike?
4. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
5. What kind of repeating carbines do Sheridan's man have?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)