|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Stuart different from Lee in regards to religion?
(a) Stuart is more conservative.
(b) Stuart is a Catholic.
(c) Stuart is an atheist.
(d) Stuart is less conservative.
2. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
3. What do the Federal forces NOT have necessarily that is superior to the Confederate forces?
(b) Numbers of men.
(d) Good looks.
4. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
(b) Guerrilla tactics.
(c) Fear mongering.
5. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
6. What does the Federal commander's work focus on?
(a) Being wealthy.
(b) Stealing from opponents.
(c) Defeating the Confederates.
(d) Gaining recognition.
7. What color is Lee's horse?
8. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
9. From what period do terribly bloody battles follow one another according to Shaara?
10. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Entire II corps.
(b) Grant corps.
11. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
12. Who execute a successful attack, driving the Federal soldiers behind their log wall situated along Brock Road?
(a) The Anarchists.
(b) The Economists.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) The Unionists.
13. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) A Confederate stronghold.
(b) A Federal stronghold.
(c) The President's mansion.
(d) A high bluff.
14. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
(b) Strategic planning.
(d) Aerial observations.
15. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what group will Chamberlain's new assignment as commander be?
2. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
3. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
4. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
5. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)