|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
(a) Attack supplies.
(b) Blow up the enemy.
(c) Join his troops.
(d) Leave his troops.
2. Whose reinforcements arrive after marching thirty miles in less than two days?
3. Who sends a communication to Grant, informing him that the enemy is advancing on the Orange Turnpike?
4. Where in Virginia does Lee bring his army successfully?
(a) North of Rapidan River.
(b) West of Orange.
(c) South of Rapidan River.
(d) North of Orange.
5. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
(a) A waterproof house.
(b) A raincoat.
(c) A tent.
(d) A makeshift bridge.
6. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Parsimonious leaders.
(b) Fame-hungry officials.
(c) Brothers in arms.
(d) Power-thirsty soldiers.
7. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Entire II corps.
(d) Grant corps.
8. What practice of the commander do foreign dignitaries mock when they visit his quarters?
(a) Whittling wood.
(c) Doing yoga.
(d) Smoking tobacco.
9. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
(a) Little Round Top.
(b) Litchfield Commons.
(c) Underground Lieu.
(d) Mormon Retreat.
10. Who execute a successful attack, driving the Federal soldiers behind their log wall situated along Brock Road?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) The Economists.
(c) The Unionists.
(d) The Anarchists.
11. By default, what practice do the Southerners want to maintain in the Civil War?
(a) Gender inequality.
(d) Cotton picking.
12. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so sleepy.
(b) He has malaria.
(c) He is so drunk.
(d) He is so happy.
13. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
14. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
15. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
(a) The pontoon.
(b) The lake.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the President of the Federal forces?
2. What unorthodox practice does Meade have that shows a change of heart in Meade from bitterness to faith?
3. Who is the commander of the Sixth Corps?
4. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
5. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)