|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
(a) By metro.
(b) By bus.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By boat.
2. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
3. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
4. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
(b) Broken heart.
(d) Yellow fever.
5. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
6. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The Roman empire.
(b) The Norman conquest.
(c) The British colonists.
(d) The Greek invasion.
7. Whose quarters do foreign dignitaries visit?
8. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
9. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
10. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
(a) Guerrilla tactics.
(b) Fear mongering.
11. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
12. What is the first name of Grant?
13. What practice of the commander do foreign dignitaries mock when they visit his quarters?
(a) Doing yoga.
(b) Smoking tobacco.
(d) Whittling wood.
14. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight to preserve the union.
(b) A fight for equality.
(c) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(d) A fight for control of land.
15. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
(a) Mormon Retreat.
(b) Little Round Top.
(c) Underground Lieu.
(d) Litchfield Commons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
2. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
3. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
4. Who cross the Rapidan River at the westerly Germanna Ford?
5. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)