|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
2. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight to preserve the union.
(b) A fight for control of land.
(c) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(d) A fight for equality.
3. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
4. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
5. Who may have fought with Grant in Mexico but cannot remember any distinguishing characteristics about Grant?
6. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The Greek invasion.
(b) The Roman empire.
(c) The British colonists.
(d) The Norman conquest.
7. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
8. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
9. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
10. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
11. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He has malaria.
(b) He is so happy.
(c) He is so sleepy.
(d) He is so drunk.
12. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
13. When Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run, who was criticized for his defensive maneuvers?
14. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
(a) Torpedo ones.
(b) Minie balls.
(d) Hand bullets.
15. What do the Federal forces NOT have necessarily that is superior to the Confederate forces?
(a) Numbers of men.
(b) Good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
2. What was not thorough enough according to Hill that caused the failed attack at Bristol?
3. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
4. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
5. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)