|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
2. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
(b) Strategic planning.
(d) Aerial observations.
3. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
4. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so sleepy.
(b) He has malaria.
(c) He is so drunk.
(d) He is so happy.
5. Who shot Stonewall Jackson during the Battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) The commander.
(b) His own men.
(c) The general.
(d) His best friend.
6. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
7. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
8. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
9. What is the area that Lee expects to confront Grant in?
(a) The Wilderness.
(d) Pleasant Valley.
10. Who suffers from debilitating arthritis that has rendered one of her arms shriveled and useless?
11. From what period do terribly bloody battles follow one another according to Shaara?
12. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
(a) Attack supplies.
(b) Join his troops.
(c) Blow up the enemy.
(d) Leave his troops.
13. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
(a) A waterproof house.
(b) A raincoat.
(c) A tent.
(d) A makeshift bridge.
14. What book is "The Last Full Measure" in Shaara's set of Civil War books?
15. Who is the President of the Federal forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
2. What is the cliche regarding the Southern fight in the Civil War?
3. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
4. What color is Lee's horse?
5. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)