|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
2. What does the Federal commander's work focus on?
(a) Being wealthy.
(b) Stealing from opponents.
(c) Defeating the Confederates.
(d) Gaining recognition.
3. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
(a) Minie balls.
(c) Hand bullets.
(d) Torpedo ones.
4. What is new in the Civil War in comparison to previous wars that had been fought over open country with the occasional use of existing walls for cover?
(a) The use of army tanks.
(b) The use of minie balls.
(c) The use of trench warfare.
(d) The use of tobacco.
5. Whose reinforcements arrive after marching thirty miles in less than two days?
6. Who does Chamberlain talk to in Northern Virginia about his new assignment as commander?
7. What does Grant want most from the war?
8. To what army does Chamberlain return in Northern Virginia in Chapter 3?
9. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
10. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
11. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
(a) By bus.
(b) By boat.
(c) By metro.
(d) By carriage.
12. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He has malaria.
(b) He is so drunk.
(c) He is so happy.
(d) He is so sleepy.
13. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
(a) Attack supplies.
(b) Leave his troops.
(c) Join his troops.
(d) Blow up the enemy.
14. What is the first name of Grant?
15. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
2. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
3. Who is the commander of the Sixth Corps?
4. What has a far weaker central government than the Union?
5. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)