|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
2. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
(a) Join his troops.
(b) Leave his troops.
(c) Blow up the enemy.
(d) Attack supplies.
3. Who does Chamberlain talk to in Northern Virginia about his new assignment as commander?
4. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
(b) Hand bullets.
(c) Torpedo ones.
(d) Minie balls.
5. Who is in charge of the Confederate forces?
6. What does Grant want most from the war?
7. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
8. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
9. What is Lee's horse's name?
10. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
11. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
12. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(b) Grant corps.
(c) Entire II corps.
13. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
14. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(d) Acquisition of land.
15. Who has an illness that takes him out of fighting on behalf of the Confederates, disappointing Lee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
2. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
3. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
4. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
5. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)