|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
(a) The river.
(b) The lake.
(c) The pontoon.
(d) The bridge.
2. What is the first name of Grant?
3. When the South cannot waste resources, what became important?
(a) Fighting agents.
(b) Defending honor.
(c) Building armies.
(d) Finding cover.
4. Who expresses his frustration with bad intelligence where nothing that had been thought true the day before proves to be so?
5. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
6. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
7. What does Shaara employ to illustrate the battles that led to the failure at Bristol?
8. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
9. After the failed assault on Hancock's center when the log wall burned, the attack was repulsed. Who died?
(c) Rebel forces.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
10. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
11. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
12. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
13. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(b) A fight for control of land.
(c) A fight to preserve the union.
(d) A fight for equality.
14. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
15. What is new in the Civil War in comparison to previous wars that had been fought over open country with the occasional use of existing walls for cover?
(a) The use of minie balls.
(b) The use of tobacco.
(c) The use of trench warfare.
(d) The use of army tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the commander of the Sixth Corps?
2. The thick brush, trees, swampy areas, and general tangle of vegetation in what area make it difficult to navigate?
3. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
4. Who does Grant place before the Mule Shoe?
5. Who suffers from debilitating arthritis that has rendered one of her arms shriveled and useless?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)