|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the South won the Civil War, what might disintegrate as a result?
(a) The Economist group.
(b) The Confederacy.
(c) The Union.
(d) The Federalist group.
2. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
3. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(a) Acquisition of land.
4. Whose quarters do foreign dignitaries visit?
5. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
6. Who cross the Rapidan River at the westerly Germanna Ford?
(a) Longstreet and Stuart.
(b) Sherman and Warren.
(c) Dewey and Meade.
(d) Burnside and Fellows.
7. What unorthodox practice does Meade have that shows a change of heart in Meade from bitterness to faith?
(a) His use of the flag.
(b) His choice of troops.
(c) His sharing of supplies.
(d) His swearing.
8. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
9. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
10. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
11. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
12. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
13. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
14. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
15. What has a far weaker central government than the Union?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expresses his frustration with bad intelligence where nothing that had been thought true the day before proves to be so?
2. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
3. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
4. What is the first name of Grant?
5. What do Confederate soldiers enter at Bristol station that Chamberlain notices takes them into a perfect trap?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)