|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of Grant?
2. When the South cannot waste resources, what became important?
(a) Fighting agents.
(b) Building armies.
(c) Defending honor.
(d) Finding cover.
3. Who expresses outright contempt for the foreign dignitaries?
4. Who meets Chamberlain at the train station?
(a) His sister.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
5. Who is to move into the Shenandoah Valley to divert part of Lee's army toward the west?
6. Who replaces General Meade as the commander of the Federal forces?
7. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
8. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
(a) The lake.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The river.
(d) The pontoon.
9. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
(b) Broken heart.
(d) Yellow fever.
10. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
11. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
12. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(c) Acquisition of land.
13. What was not thorough enough according to Hill that caused the failed attack at Bristol?
(c) Hard work.
14. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
15. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is new in the Civil War in comparison to previous wars that had been fought over open country with the occasional use of existing walls for cover?
2. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
3. What color is Lee's horse?
4. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
5. Who execute a successful attack, driving the Federal soldiers behind their log wall situated along Brock Road?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)