|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
(a) Little Round Top.
(b) Mormon Retreat.
(c) Underground Lieu.
(d) Litchfield Commons.
2. What color is Lee's horse?
3. Who does Chamberlain talk to in Northern Virginia about his new assignment as commander?
4. What has a far weaker central government than the Union?
5. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
6. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
7. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
(b) Guerrilla tactics.
(c) Fear mongering.
8. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
9. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
10. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) A Federal stronghold.
(b) A high bluff.
(c) The President's mansion.
(d) A Confederate stronghold.
11. What book is "The Last Full Measure" in Shaara's set of Civil War books?
12. What is Lee's horse's name?
13. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for equality.
(b) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(c) A fight to preserve the union.
(d) A fight for control of land.
14. How is Stuart different from Lee in regards to religion?
(a) Stuart is less conservative.
(b) Stuart is a Catholic.
(c) Stuart is an atheist.
(d) Stuart is more conservative.
15. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(c) Acquisition of land.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
2. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
3. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
4. Who is in charge of the Confederate forces?
5. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)