|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chamberlain lead a heroic bayonet charge?
(a) Little Round Top.
(b) Litchfield Commons.
(c) Underground Lieu.
(d) Mormon Retreat.
2. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
3. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
4. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
5. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
6. Who cross the Rapidan River at the westerly Germanna Ford?
(a) Sherman and Warren.
(b) Dewey and Meade.
(c) Longstreet and Stuart.
(d) Burnside and Fellows.
7. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so sleepy.
(b) He is so drunk.
(c) He has malaria.
(d) He is so happy.
8. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
9. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Parsimonious leaders.
(b) Brothers in arms.
(c) Fame-hungry officials.
(d) Power-thirsty soldiers.
10. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(b) A fight to preserve the union.
(c) A fight for equality.
(d) A fight for control of land.
11. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
(a) By bus.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By boat.
(d) By metro.
12. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(a) Acquisition of land.
13. Who is in charge of the Federal forces?
14. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
15. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
2. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
3. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
4. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
5. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)