|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
2. Whose army is defeated and retreating that Lee watches from his horse?
(a) His army.
(b) Grant's army.
(c) Chamberlain's forces.
(d) Stuart's forces.
3. What did Stonewall Jackson eventually die of?
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) Broken heart.
4. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
5. What does Grant want most from the war?
6. At whom is Lee angry for trying to spread the blame for the defeat at Gettysburg?
7. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(b) A fight for equality.
(c) A fight to preserve the union.
(d) A fight for control of land.
8. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
9. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
(c) Aerial observations.
(d) Strategic planning.
10. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Power-thirsty soldiers.
(b) Fame-hungry officials.
(c) Brothers in arms.
(d) Parsimonious leaders.
11. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
12. Who has given Sheridan permission to attack and eliminate the Confederate cavalry?
13. Who has an illness that takes him out of fighting on behalf of the Confederates, disappointing Lee?
14. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
15. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
Short Answer Questions
1. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
2. Before what event had the Federal soldiers lost more times than they won?
3. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
4. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
5. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)