|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what group will Chamberlain's new assignment as commander be?
(a) Second Brigade.
(b) First Brigade.
(c) Fourth Brigade.
(d) Third Brigade.
2. Where in Virginia does Lee bring his army successfully?
(a) North of Orange.
(b) West of Orange.
(c) North of Rapidan River.
(d) South of Rapidan River.
3. Who brings his Federal soldiers against Hill on the Confederate left flank?
4. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
(a) Join his troops.
(b) Blow up the enemy.
(c) Attack supplies.
(d) Leave his troops.
5. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
6. Whose quarters do foreign dignitaries visit?
7. Who has an illness that takes him out of fighting on behalf of the Confederates, disappointing Lee?
8. What practice of the commander do foreign dignitaries mock when they visit his quarters?
(b) Whittling wood.
(c) Smoking tobacco.
(d) Doing yoga.
9. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(c) Acquisition of land.
10. Who expresses his frustration with bad intelligence where nothing that had been thought true the day before proves to be so?
11. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) A Confederate stronghold.
(b) A Federal stronghold.
(c) A high bluff.
(d) The President's mansion.
12. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
13. Who suffers from debilitating arthritis that has rendered one of her arms shriveled and useless?
14. What color is Lee's horse?
15. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
(b) Aerial observations.
(c) Strategic planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
2. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
3. After the failed assault on Hancock's center when the log wall burned, the attack was repulsed. Who died?
4. The thick brush, trees, swampy areas, and general tangle of vegetation in what area make it difficult to navigate?
5. How does Chamberlain and his wife travel away from the railroad station?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)