|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Grant corps.
(b) Entire II corps.
2. The thick brush, trees, swampy areas, and general tangle of vegetation in what area make it difficult to navigate?
(a) The Bridge.
(b) The Canyon.
(c) The Underpass.
(d) The Wilderness.
3. Who expresses his frustration with bad intelligence where nothing that had been thought true the day before proves to be so?
4. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
5. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
6. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
(a) New Brunswick.
(d) New York.
7. What does Grant want most from the war?
8. Who meets Chamberlain at the train station?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His aunt.
9. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) A high bluff.
(b) A Confederate stronghold.
(c) The President's mansion.
(d) A Federal stronghold.
10. What has a far weaker central government than the Union?
11. Who brings his Federal soldiers against Hill on the Confederate left flank?
12. Who is in charge of the Federal forces?
13. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
14. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
15. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unorthodox practice does Meade have that shows a change of heart in Meade from bitterness to faith?
2. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
3. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
4. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
5. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)