|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thick brush, trees, swampy areas, and general tangle of vegetation in what area make it difficult to navigate?
(a) The Underpass.
(b) The Wilderness.
(c) The Canyon.
(d) The Bridge.
2. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
3. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
(a) A celebration.
(b) A violation.
(c) A fight.
(d) A truce.
4. What does Grant want most from the war?
5. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
6. Who replaces General Meade as the commander of the Federal forces?
7. At whom is Lee angry for trying to spread the blame for the defeat at Gettysburg?
8. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Parsimonious leaders.
(b) Fame-hungry officials.
(c) Brothers in arms.
(d) Power-thirsty soldiers.
9. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
(a) Opening caves.
(b) Digging trenches.
(c) Burning houses.
(d) Lowering battelions.
10. Who is in charge of the Federal forces?
11. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
12. What is the cliche regarding the Southern fight in the Civil War?
(a) It was for autonomy.
(b) It was for states' right.
(c) It was to dominate women.
(d) It was for preservation of the union.
13. What does Shaara employ to illustrate the battles that led to the failure at Bristol?
14. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
(a) Guerrilla tactics.
(b) Fear mongering.
15. Who does Grant place before the Mule Shoe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
2. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
3. What do Confederate soldiers enter at Bristol station that Chamberlain notices takes them into a perfect trap?
4. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
5. Who expresses outright contempt for the foreign dignitaries?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)