|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the rain falls, what swells up, ready to flood, making it difficult to cross?
(a) The pontoon.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The lake.
(d) The river.
2. What practice of the commander do foreign dignitaries mock when they visit his quarters?
(b) Doing yoga.
(c) Whittling wood.
(d) Smoking tobacco.
3. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
4. When does Lee bring his army into Virginia successfully?
5. Who is to move into the Shenandoah Valley to divert part of Lee's army toward the west?
6. Before what event had the Federal soldiers lost more times than they won?
7. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
(a) Guerrilla tactics.
(b) Fear mongering.
8. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
9. What do the Federal forces NOT have necessarily that is superior to the Confederate forces?
(b) Good looks.
(d) Numbers of men.
10. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
11. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
12. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so happy.
(b) He is so drunk.
(c) He is so sleepy.
(d) He has malaria.
13. What is the cliche regarding the Southern fight in the Civil War?
(a) It was for preservation of the union.
(b) It was to dominate women.
(c) It was for states' right.
(d) It was for autonomy.
14. Who replaces General Meade as the commander of the Federal forces?
15. What kind of repeating carbines do Sheridan's man have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
2. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
3. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
4. Who expresses his frustration with bad intelligence where nothing that had been thought true the day before proves to be so?
5. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)