|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
2. What unorthodox practice does Meade have that shows a change of heart in Meade from bitterness to faith?
(a) His choice of troops.
(b) His sharing of supplies.
(c) His swearing.
(d) His use of the flag.
3. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
4. Who cross the Rapidan River at the westerly Germanna Ford?
(a) Longstreet and Stuart.
(b) Burnside and Fellows.
(c) Dewey and Meade.
(d) Sherman and Warren.
5. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
6. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
7. Who meets Chamberlain at the train station?
(a) His wife.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
8. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
9. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Power-thirsty soldiers.
(b) Fame-hungry officials.
(c) Parsimonious leaders.
(d) Brothers in arms.
10. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so sleepy.
(b) He is so drunk.
(c) He has malaria.
(d) He is so happy.
11. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
(a) A truce.
(b) A celebration.
(c) A violation.
(d) A fight.
12. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
13. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
14. Whose army is defeated and retreating that Lee watches from his horse?
(a) Stuart's forces.
(b) His army.
(c) Grant's army.
(d) Chamberlain's forces.
15. Whose quarters do foreign dignitaries visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the Federal forces?
2. In what season does the Federal commander send orders to position troops after meeting with Lincoln?
3. Who execute a successful attack, driving the Federal soldiers behind their log wall situated along Brock Road?
4. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
5. What are the whizzing bullets that pass Lee?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)