Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
2. Who denies a military commander's request for leadership after Gettysburg?
3. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The Greek invasion.
(b) The Norman conquest.
(c) The British colonists.
(d) The Roman empire.
4. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
5. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
6. When does the novel begin?
(a) 20 days before the defeat.
(b) 10 days after the defeat.
(c) 10 days before the defeat.
(d) 20 days after the defeat.
7. What is Lee's horse's name?
8. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
9. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
10. Who brings his Federal soldiers against Hill on the Confederate left flank?
11. Who is Lee upset with that had not taken the initiative to attack the Federal right flank when the opportunity arose?
12. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
13. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
14. What is the first name of Grant?
15. What unorthodox practice does Meade have that shows a change of heart in Meade from bitterness to faith?
(a) His use of the flag.
(b) His swearing.
(c) His sharing of supplies.
(d) His choice of troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the South won the Civil War, what might disintegrate as a result?
2. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
3. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
4. When the South cannot waste resources, what became important?
5. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)