|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose reinforcements arrive after marching thirty miles in less than two days?
2. To what army does Chamberlain return in Northern Virginia in Chapter 3?
3. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
(a) The Roman empire.
(b) The Norman conquest.
(c) The Greek invasion.
(d) The British colonists.
4. When was the Gettsyburg conflict?
5. Who does Grant place before the Mule Shoe?
6. When the South cannot waste resources, what became important?
(a) Building armies.
(b) Defending honor.
(c) Fighting agents.
(d) Finding cover.
7. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
8. When Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run, who was criticized for his defensive maneuvers?
9. Of what group will Chamberlain's new assignment as commander be?
(a) Third Brigade.
(b) Fourth Brigade.
(c) Second Brigade.
(d) First Brigade.
10. Who wonders why God had chosen to take Stonewall Jackson?
11. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
(a) Guerrilla tactics.
(b) Fear mongering.
12. By default, what practice do the Southerners want to maintain in the Civil War?
(b) Gender inequality.
(c) Cotton picking.
13. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
14. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
15. What does the Federal commander's work focus on?
(a) Being wealthy.
(b) Stealing from opponents.
(c) Defeating the Confederates.
(d) Gaining recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
2. Who shot Stonewall Jackson during the Battle of Chancellorsville?
3. Whose army is defeated and retreating that Lee watches from his horse?
4. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
5. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)