|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Confederate soldiers enter at Bristol station that Chamberlain notices takes them into a perfect trap?
2. Who is the commander of the Sixth Corps?
3. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
(d) Acquisition of land.
4. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
5. Who crosses at Ely's Ford to the east?
6. Who had pressed the Federal soldiers hard at Chickamauga?
7. Who cross the Rapidan River at the westerly Germanna Ford?
(a) Dewey and Meade.
(b) Burnside and Fellows.
(c) Longstreet and Stuart.
(d) Sherman and Warren.
8. Who does Chamberlain talk to in Northern Virginia about his new assignment as commander?
9. What does the Federal commander's work focus on?
(a) Gaining recognition.
(b) Stealing from opponents.
(c) Defeating the Confederates.
(d) Being wealthy.
10. What book is "The Last Full Measure" in Shaara's set of Civil War books?
11. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
12. Who is the President of the Confederate forces?
13. At whom is Lee angry for trying to spread the blame for the defeat at Gettysburg?
14. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
15. What is the first name of Grant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unorthodox practice does Meade have that shows a change of heart in Meade from bitterness to faith?
2. Who is the Major ordered to lead three brigades down the cut, placing Hancock's Federal soldiers into a deep V?
3. Who attacks at Bristol Station and fails?
4. Who is shown an unfinished railroad cut that could hide a buildup of troops to attack the Federal left flank?
5. After the failed assault on Hancock's center when the log wall burned, the attack was repulsed. Who died?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)