|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaara offers biographies on which of the following leaders?
(a) Chamberlain, Ewell, and Early.
(b) Lee, Stuart, and Meade.
(c) Lincoln, Davis, and Grant.
(d) Grant, Lee, and Chamberlain.
2. What do the Federal forces NOT have necessarily that is superior to the Confederate forces?
(a) Good looks.
(c) Numbers of men.
3. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
4. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
5. When does the novel begin?
(a) 20 days before the defeat.
(b) 10 days before the defeat.
(c) 10 days after the defeat.
(d) 20 days after the defeat.
6. Whose army is defeated and retreating that Lee watches from his horse?
(a) Stuart's forces.
(b) Chamberlain's forces.
(c) His army.
(d) Grant's army.
7. To what army does Chamberlain return in Northern Virginia in Chapter 3?
8. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
(a) Digging trenches.
(b) Burning houses.
(c) Lowering battelions.
(d) Opening caves.
9. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
10. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) A high bluff.
(b) A Confederate stronghold.
(c) The President's mansion.
(d) A Federal stronghold.
11. What color is Lee's horse?
12. When Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run, who was criticized for his defensive maneuvers?
13. When the South cannot waste resources, what became important?
(a) Fighting agents.
(b) Defending honor.
(c) Finding cover.
(d) Building armies.
14. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so drunk.
(b) He is so happy.
(c) He is so sleepy.
(d) He has malaria.
15. Who replaces General Meade as the commander of the Federal forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dismisses Hill's apology for the failed attack at Bristol?
2. Before what event had the Federal soldiers lost more times than they won?
3. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
4. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
5. Who does Grant place before the Mule Shoe?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)