|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to approach Richmond from the north but not take the city?
2. What is the area that Lee expects to confront Grant in?
(a) The Wilderness.
(d) Pleasant Valley.
3. What does Meade unite with his replacement as commander in their mission to win the war as?
(a) Fame-hungry officials.
(b) Brothers in arms.
(c) Parsimonious leaders.
(d) Power-thirsty soldiers.
4. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
5. Where in Virginia does Lee bring his army successfully?
(a) South of Rapidan River.
(b) North of Orange.
(c) West of Orange.
(d) North of Rapidan River.
6. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
7. The thick brush, trees, swampy areas, and general tangle of vegetation in what area make it difficult to navigate?
(a) The Canyon.
(b) The Wilderness.
(c) The Underpass.
(d) The Bridge.
8. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
(a) Burning houses.
(b) Lowering battelions.
(c) Opening caves.
(d) Digging trenches.
9. After the draw battle in the Wilderness, where does Lee race south to set up the defenses?
10. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
11. Who execute a successful attack, driving the Federal soldiers behind their log wall situated along Brock Road?
(a) The Economists.
(b) The Unionists.
(c) The Anarchists.
(d) The Confederates.
12. Where does Chamberlain return by train?
(a) New Brunswick.
(b) New York.
13. What troops hide behind a railroad cut near the Bristol Station?
(a) Grant corps.
(b) Entire II corps.
14. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
(a) Join his troops.
(b) Attack supplies.
(c) Leave his troops.
(d) Blow up the enemy.
15. At whom is Lee angry for trying to spread the blame for the defeat at Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the Federal forces?
2. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
3. Whose quarters do foreign dignitaries visit?
4. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
5. Who meets Chamberlain at the train station?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)