|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what period do terribly bloody battles follow one another according to Shaara?
2. After the failed assault on Hancock's center, which general is badly wounded?
3. What kind of repeating carbines do Sheridan's man have?
4. What troops come out of the woods at Bristol Station and advance upon Chamberlain?
5. What color is Lee's horse?
6. To what army does Chamberlain return in Northern Virginia in Chapter 3?
7. After the failed assault on Hancock's center when the log wall burned, the attack was repulsed. Who died?
(b) Rebel forces.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
8. Who does Chamberlain talk to in Northern Virginia about his new assignment as commander?
9. Who is the first military commander for the Federal forces?
10. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
11. Who expresses outright contempt for the foreign dignitaries?
12. Who does Lincoln talk about about the necessity of war being won for the preservation of democracy?
13. Who suggests that a war council would have helped prevent the first failed attempt on attacking Lee's center?
14. What does the Federal commander's work focus on?
(a) Stealing from opponents.
(b) Defeating the Confederates.
(c) Gaining recognition.
(d) Being wealthy.
15. Who may have fought with Grant in Mexico but cannot remember any distinguishing characteristics about Grant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Chamberlain at the train station?
2. How many miles does Sheridan's cavalry stretch?
3. Who execute a successful attack, driving the Federal soldiers behind their log wall situated along Brock Road?
4. Who sends a communication to Grant, informing him that the enemy is advancing on the Orange Turnpike?
5. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)