|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chamberlain (April 12, 1865) Lee (April 12, 1865) Grant (April 14, 1865): Chapter 53-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaara employ to illustrate the battles that led to the failure at Bristol?
2. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
3. Why does Chamberlain almost faint in Fannie's arms?
(a) He is so sleepy.
(b) He is so drunk.
(c) He has malaria.
(d) He is so happy.
4. Who is nominated for a second term as President?
5. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
(a) A fight.
(b) A violation.
(c) A truce.
(d) A celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
2. What do soldiers do as a sign of respect and by order of General Gordon at the ceremony?
3. Who makes a serious mistake at Cold Harbor?
4. What does Lee accept as divine judgment at Gettysburg?
5. Who suffers from debilitating arthritis that has rendered one of her arms shriveled and useless?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)