|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Longstreet (Mid-Morning, May 6, 1864) Hancock (Late Afternoon, May 6, 1864): Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
(a) Digging trenches.
(b) Lowering battelions.
(c) Burning houses.
(d) Opening caves.
2. What is the first name of Grant?
3. What does Lee get his engineers in response to the heavy rain?
(a) A makeshift bridge.
(b) A waterproof house.
(c) A tent.
(d) A raincoat.
4. Who suffers from debilitating arthritis that has rendered one of her arms shriveled and useless?
5. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What era does Grant think Meade's unorthodox practice represent?
2. Through effective leadership, what were the Federal forces capable of doing according to Lincoln?
3. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
4. Who is the Confederate cavalry commander that delivers messages to General Lee?
5. What has Longstreet failed to do that allows Grant the upper hand when considering Lee's troop size?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)