|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Longstreet (Mid-Morning, May 6, 1864) Hancock (Late Afternoon, May 6, 1864): Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the area that Lee expects to confront Grant in?
(a) Pleasant Valley.
(b) The Wilderness.
2. Who has been criticized as losing the Battle of Gettysburg?
3. Where is Lee astride his horse overlooking the Potomac River?
(a) A high bluff.
(b) A Federal stronghold.
(c) A Confederate stronghold.
(d) The President's mansion.
4. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
5. What is lacking in the military preparations for both the northern and southern troops in the Wilderness, making it difficult to find each other?
(a) Aerial observations.
(d) Strategic planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to resign leadership but is denied after Gettysburg?
2. Whose army was defeated at Gettysburg?
3. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
4. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
5. Who moves his Confederates against Warren's Federal soldiers, who are trying to hold a crossroads on the Orange Turnpike?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)