|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Lee (May 1864): Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the area that Lee expects to confront Grant in?
(b) The Wilderness.
(c) Pleasant Valley.
2. What does Shaara employ to illustrate the battles that led to the failure at Bristol?
3. Who shot Stonewall Jackson during the Battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) The general.
(b) His own men.
(c) His best friend.
(d) The commander.
4. Who is in charge of the Federal forces?
5. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for control of land.
(b) A fight for equality.
(c) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(d) A fight to preserve the union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of Grant?
2. Who arrives in Washington to meet the President in Chapter 7?
3. When Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run, who was criticized for his defensive maneuvers?
4. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
5. Who is the President of the United States in "The Last Full Measure"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)