|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lee (March 31, 1865) Chamberlain (April 1, 1865) Lee (April 2, 1865): Chapters 41-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victory at Cold Harbor for the Confederates was the result of a ________________.
(a) Mistake on the Union side.
(b) Lot of planning.
(d) Happy accident.
2. Who is killed by Federal soldiers, shot clean through the heart like a deer?
3. Whose troops does Lee send to attack Washington and thereby reduce Grant's force near Petersburg?
4. What were defensive maneuvers employed when Meade had pressed on his army at Mine Run?
(a) Lowering battelions.
(b) Digging trenches.
(c) Opening caves.
(d) Burning houses.
5. Who does Lee go to visit that has become ill but still meets him on his horse on a small road?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
2. If the South won the Civil War, what might disintegrate as a result?
3. Where in Virginia does Lee bring his army successfully?
4. Under Lee's leadership, what had become the primary method of fighting the war?
5. How is Stuart different from Lee in regards to religion?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)