|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Grant (February 3, 1865) Lee (February 1865): Chapters 35-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares his Confederate cavalry to meet Sheridan's larger force?
2. Who knows that once engaged with Grant, the man will not back down?
3. What do the north and south troops NOT share in common?
4. What does Lee see the Southern resistance in the Civil War as representative of?
(a) A fight for freedom from federal authority.
(b) A fight to preserve the union.
(c) A fight for control of land.
(d) A fight for equality.
5. What were the northern and southern troops friendly enough to barter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes nowhere ecause Lincoln wants to preserve the Union?
2. What issue is emotional and political to Confederates regardless of why the Civil War is being waged?
3. For mutually beneficial transactions, what were northern and southern troops willing to have temporarily?
4. By default, what practice do the Southerners want to maintain in the Civil War?
5. Who may have fought with Grant in Mexico but cannot remember any distinguishing characteristics about Grant?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)