|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many charges were being leveled against Socrates?
2. Who went to see the Apollonian Oracle at Delphi?
3. How many people were jurors at Socrates' trial?
(c) About 250.
(d) About 500.
4. The victim of the crime committed by Euthyphro's relative had committed what crime himself?
5. How many groups of information are in the book's introductory material?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Euthyphro's relationship to the victim?
2. During "The Apology," what does Socrates say about politicians and poets?
3. How did the conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro begin?
4. Who was Xenophon?
5. What was unsettling, to Socrates, about the conversation he had with Euthyphro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Socrates initially pursue his habit of questioning people?
2. What happened with Socrates' friend at the Oracle of Delphi?
3. How were the four dialogues that were included in "The Last Days of Socrates" originally arranged?
4. Who are some of the authors, mentioned in Book 3, Chapter 1, who wrote about Socrates?
5. What does Socrates say about his own wisdom?
6. In the context of the dialogue of the same name, what does "apology" mean?
7. Why was the Apollonian Oracle at Delphi created?
8. By whom, and for whom, has this edition of "The Last Days of Socrates" been prepared?
9. What does Tarrant warn readers about, regarding Socrates, and the various literary characters based on him?
10. What was the outcome of Socrates' trial?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)