|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Phaedo: Chapter 2, The Phaedo Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went to see the Apollonian Oracle at Delphi?
2. Who was on Socrates' team in the debate at the end of Book 5, Chapter 2?
3. How well did the Grecian authors portray Socrates' beliefs?
(a) The beliefs held by the characters based on Socrates may not have been similar to Socrates' at all.
(b) They attempted to always portray Socrates accurately, with varying degrees of success.
(c) They accurately portrayed Socrates' philosophy and logic, but not his beliefs.
(d) They tried to stick very closely to the beliefs Socrates actually held.
4. Who was Phaedo telling the story of Socrates' execution to?
5. In what area of thought did the Pythagorean school excel?
(b) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was Socrates loyal to?
2. Who is Crito?
3. Socrates claimed that he was questioning Euthyphro for what reason?
4. Which of the four dialogues did not occur at the same time as the others?
5. How did Euthyphro react to Socrates' objections?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)