|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Phaedo: Chapter 1, Introduction & The Phaedo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Crito?
(a) Socrates' friend.
(b) Meletus' cousin.
(c) Euthyphro's nephew.
(d) Socrates' son.
2. How old was Socrates at the time of his trial?
3. What concept does Tarrant label as "Christian," which he says the Greeks did not possess?
4. Why did Crito come to visit Socrates?
(a) He wanted to take care of Socrates' family after his death.
(b) He hoped to prevent Socrates' execution.
(c) Socrates owed him money.
(d) Out of friendship.
5. Which Athenian god is associated with the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Socrates receive his sentencing?
2. What accusation was being leveled against Socrates regarding his relationship with the young men of Athens?
3. According to Tarrant, what parts of a person did the Greeks believe persisted through death?
4. What was the biggest factor that confused the debate between Socrates and Euthyphro?
5. According to Tarrant, this version of the Socratic dialogues is unique in what way?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)