|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Phaedo: Chapter 1, Introduction & The Phaedo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the notes in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) To help readers understand difficult words.
(b) To provide extra information for those who are interested.
(c) To provide anecdotes that make the text more interesting.
(d) To help put the information into context.
2. Where was Socrates being prosecuted?
3. What do we know about Phaedo?
(a) His intellect rivaled that of Socrates.
(b) He was not an actual living person.
(c) He died at a very early age.
(d) He suffered terribly.
4. According to the introductory notes, who is this version of "The Last Days of Socrates" intended for?
(a) College and university students.
(b) Teachers and professors.
(c) The layperson.
(d) Serious philosophy scholars.
5. In what area of thought did the Pythagorean school excel?
(a) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Socrates pay for his education?
2. What did Socrates learn as a result of his dialogue with Euthyphro?
3. Which two figures, in Athenian mythology, are twin siblings?
4. What did the Pythagoreans like to explore?
5. Where did Socrates' dialogue with Crito take place?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)