|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Euthyphro: Chapter 1, The Euthyphro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many groups of information are in the book's introductory material?
2. To what Athenian god did Euthyphro refer as an example to back up his decision?
3. What was Euthyphro's relationship to the victim?
(a) The victim worked in Euthyphro's household.
(b) The victim knew Euthyphro's father well.
(c) Euthyphro was childhood friends with the victim.
(d) Euthyphro worked on the victim's farm.
4. Euthyphro was prosecuting someone for what crime?
5. Where was Socrates being prosecuted?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the conversation between Euthyphro and Socrates, what was the relationship between deities and mortals?
2. Why didn't Socrates obtain a higher education?
3. What was Socrates' response when people commented on his wisdom?
4. According to Euthyphro, the gods only received satisfaction from what?
5. According to Book 1, Chapter 1, the oldest existing version of the dialogues is from what century?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)