|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Euthyphro: Chapter 1, The Euthyphro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originally arranged these four dialogues in a group?
2. According to Tarrant, what is the quality and accuracy of the dialogues originally recorded by Plato?
(a) Somewhat high.
(b) Very low.
(c) Somewhat low.
(d) Very high.
3. The victim of the crime committed by Euthyphro's relative had committed what crime himself?
4. Why didn't Socrates obtain a higher education?
(a) No colleges or universities existed at the time.
(b) He couldn't afford it.
(c) He wasn't accepted to the University.
(d) He didn't have the right political connections.
5. What were Socrates and Euthyphro attempting to use as a measure to determine the morality of Euthyphro's decision?
(a) The laws of Athens.
(b) The approval of the gods.
(c) The unspoken code of conduct by which most Athenians abide.
(d) The relationships in Euthyphro's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do variations exist between the translations of the Socratic dialogues?
2. According to Euthyphro, the gods only received satisfaction from what?
3. How did Grecian authors use Socrates' character?
4. What was the biggest factor that confused the debate between Socrates and Euthyphro?
5. What was Socrates' response when people commented on his wisdom?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)