|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one thing does not exist on Mono Island?
2. How many sheep does Rincewind shear in two minutes?
3. What does Stibbons volunteer to do?
4. What is Rincewind happy about?
5. What do the wizards debate when they regroup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
2. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
3. What do the wizards experience and what is the result?
4. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
5. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
6. What does Rincewind do when he wakes up and why?
7. What few simple pleasures does Rincewind enjoy at the dry waterhole?
8. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
9. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
10. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 2
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)