|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rincewind string corks to his hat?
2. What is the normal sheep shearing rate?
3. What color is the ground?
4. What is the name of the street vending family operating across Discworld?
5. What is the last thing Stibbons remembers when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
2. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
3. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
4. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
5. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
6. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
7. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
8. What few simple pleasures does Rincewind enjoy at the dry waterhole?
9. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
10. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 2
Define some of the allusions made to food, music and movies made in the novel. How do these allusions relate to our world? How do these things play a role in the plot? Do they appear dropped in or as an essential part of the story? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)