|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the line of riders that Rincewind comes across looking for?
2. How does everything change?
3. What does Rincewind feel coming on?
4. Who does he meet?
5. Where does Neilette lead Rincewind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rincewind go when he is fleeing the watchmen?
2. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
3. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
4. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
5. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
6. What few simple pleasures does Rincewind enjoy at the dry waterhole?
7. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
8. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
9. What does Rincewind notice about the Roo Beer poster and how does it help him during the sheep shearing contest?
10. What was the effect of temporal displacement on Mrs. Whitlow, and how did those who saw her first respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
How many Creators are represented in this novel? Who are they? Where are they found? What is each one credited with creating and where?
Essay Topic 3
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)