|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind hide in?
2. What does Remorse provide Rincewind that has always passed him by at UU?
3. What does the head chef worry about?
4. Why does UU exist?
5. Where does Neilette lead Rincewind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rincewind do when he wakes up and why?
2. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
3. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
4. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
5. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
6. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
7. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
8. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
9. What was the effect of temporal displacement on Mrs. Whitlow, and how did those who saw her first respond?
10. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is God/the Creator represented in this novel? What is unique about Mono Island and what God chooses to exist there? Which character almost becomes the right hand of this God and what changes his mind?
Essay Topic 2
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What issue is the God on Mono Island attempting to overcome? What suggestions are made by the wizards? Who is tasked with explaining the process to the God?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)