|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ground?
2. What is the dessert named?
3. What does Rincewind dig for?
4. What are the line of riders that Rincewind comes across looking for?
5. What do the wizards cling to as they head to shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
2. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
3. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
4. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
5. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
6. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
7. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
8. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
9. How does Snowy make Rincewind suspect magic is being used?
10. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What invention is responsible for the displacement of Rincewind? Why did this happen? Who created this invention? What is the reason that the wizards are so anxious to locate Rincewind? What information do the wizards require and why?
Essay Topic 2
Many times, Rincewind is in a bind and other characters come along to help him out. How many times was he assisted through the more difficult trials in the book by another individual? What role did this individual play in the plot? Explain your answer utilizing quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is God/the Creator represented in this novel? What is unique about Mono Island and what God chooses to exist there? Which character almost becomes the right hand of this God and what changes his mind?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)