|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pints does Crocodile Dongo tell Rincewind he drank?
2. What does Rincewind dig for?
3. What does it turn into?
4. Who does Crocodile Dongo challenge to a sheep shearing contest?
5. What is Mrs. Whitlow carrying when she comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
2. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
3. When the boat that the wizards are in comes apart, what do they do, and who is the only one to swim for shore?
4. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
5. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
6. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
7. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
8. What does Stibbons consequently learn that makes him change his mind about staying with the God on Mono Island to create new life forms?
9. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
10. What do the wizards experience and what is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 2
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What task must be performed twice by Rincewind? Why is he reluctant the second time? What does he see that reveals he will have help the second time, and who is the help?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)