|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses a pod as a surf board?
2. Who joins them at the last moment, swimming out to meet them?
3. What does the head chef worry about?
4. Who is being honored?
5. Who eliminates the watchmen's threat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
2. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
3. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
4. Where does Rincewind go when he is fleeing the watchmen?
5. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
6. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
7. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
8. What few simple pleasures does Rincewind enjoy at the dry waterhole?
9. What do the wizards experience and what is the result?
10. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are vital to the restoration of Fourecks? What roles do each of them play and where? How does the author manage to draw parallels between Fourecks and Earth? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)