|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Rincewind after dinner?
2. What puzzles the wizards on Mono Island?
3. What does Stibbons discover is the God's idea of perfection?
4. What appears on the back of the shearing shed?
5. What does the Bursar see walking on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the wizards experience and what is the result?
2. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
3. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
4. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
5. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
6. What was the effect of temporal displacement on Mrs. Whitlow, and how did those who saw her first respond?
7. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
8. Where does Rincewind go when he is fleeing the watchmen?
9. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
10. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
Essay Topic 2
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
What colloquial references are made to the people of Australia? How did this add to the set and setting of the novel? Could other cultural references have been to no detriment of the overall plot? Explain.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)