|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street vending family operating across Discworld?
2. How does everything change?
3. To be safe, what do the wizards believe they should do?
4. What is Rincewind happy about?
5. What has never been essential to Rincewind's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
2. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
3. What happens when the warden and the watchmen arrive at the Opera House?
4. What does Stibbons consequently learn that makes him change his mind about staying with the God on Mono Island to create new life forms?
5. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
6. What does the God of Evolution suggest that Stibbons start with in his efforts to help and to learn and what does the God believe?
7. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
8. What conclusion does Rincewind come to after the earthquake forces him and Neilette to use Luggage and Trunkie as refuge?
9. What do the wizards experience other than becoming the age of children?
10. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is God/the Creator represented in this novel? What is unique about Mono Island and what God chooses to exist there? Which character almost becomes the right hand of this God and what changes his mind?
Essay Topic 2
Who is most likely able to direct the wizards to Rincewind? What do they find when they go to his quarters? What chain of events is set in motion and what room does it all begin in? How do the wizards become stranded and where?
Essay Topic 3
What invention is responsible for the displacement of Rincewind? Why did this happen? Who created this invention? What is the reason that the wizards are so anxious to locate Rincewind? What information do the wizards require and why?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)