|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being honored?
2. What puzzles the wizards on Mono Island?
3. Where does Stibbons go while the others are provisioning the Melon Boat?
4. What is a billybong?
5. How many pints does Crocodile Dongo tell Rincewind he drank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
2. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
3. When the boat that the wizards are in comes apart, what do they do, and who is the only one to swim for shore?
4. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
5. Where does a path lead Stibbons on Mono Island and what does he witness there?
6. Where does Rincewind go when he is fleeing the watchmen?
7. What do the wizards experience other than becoming the age of children?
8. What does Rincewind notice about the Roo Beer poster and how does it help him during the sheep shearing contest?
9. What does Daggy offer Rincewind when he realizes that he is unable to cover the bet that they made?
10. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define some of the allusions made to food, music and movies made in the novel. How do these allusions relate to our world? How do these things play a role in the plot? Do they appear dropped in or as an essential part of the story? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Although Rincewind finds a place where he seems to belong, he doesn't stay there. Suggest reasons for this. Which characters come back from the earlier parts of the novels to attempt to convince him to stay? What kinds of lives do they offer him if he does so?
Essay Topic 3
What branch of 'science' is Stibbons currently studying? What is the underlying principle of this study? What is Ponder's goal? What is he willing to settle for if he is unable to accomplish it?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)