|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stibbons turn into?
2. What is the name of the street vending family operating across Discworld?
3. Where do the Wizards find themselves?
4. What is Rincewind happy about?
5. What chases Mrs. Whitlow to shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is the God of Evolution experiencing and what offer does Stibbons make?
2. What incident causes Rincewind to be incarcerated?
3. Why do the wizards question Stibbons' intentions on Mono Island and what do they hope he might accomplish?
4. What does Rincewind do when he wakes up and why?
5. Where does the Bursar go, and what does he see?
6. What is at first lost and then returns to the wizards from the boat and how is this helpful to the wizards?
7. What does Fair-Go Dibbler try to sell Rincewind, and what is the lecture that Rincewind is given and by whom?
8. As Stibbons wakes up, what vague visions does he have, what does he believe is the fate of the ohter wizards and who is the only wizard who appears to have enjoyed the sensation?
9. What tales does Crocodile Dongo regale Rincewind with?
10. Where does Rincewind hide next, and what basic concept is he at first unable to comprehend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the central themes of this novel? How does the author combine them? What do they all have in common? How does the author successfully bridge the gap between fantasy and reality for each theme?
Essay Topic 2
Although all the wizards don't have much to do with women sexually, they still express interest in Mrs. Whitlow. Why is this? Explain using quotes from the book their lack of association with women and the reasons for this.
Essay Topic 3
What ails the Librarian? Why are the wizards unable to cure him? What changes does the Librarian go through? Which one lasts the longest? What is the biggest problem with the Librarian's illness?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)