|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins them at the last moment, swimming out to meet them?
(b) The God of Evolution.
2. Who is being honored?
(a) The Principal.
(b) The Branch Manager.
(c) The Circuit Court Judge.
(d) The Prima Dona.
3. Who is the Prima Dona?
(a) Dame Nellie Butt.
(b) Dame Tessie Mutt.
(c) Dame Mellie Lutt.
(d) Dame Bettie Nutt.
4. What does the boat do when the wizards are preparing to depart?
(a) Grows in size.
(b) Grows a sail.
(c) Grows a set of oars.
(d) Grows an awning.
5. What attacks Rincewind?
(a) A kangaroo.
(b) A drop-bear.
(c) The Luggage.
(d) A Budgerigar.
6. What do the wizards begin to feel?
(a) Partial temporal lobe damage.
(b) Temporal discontinuity.
(c) Temporary displacement.
(d) Distant temporal disturbance.
7. Where does Rincewind believe it is easiest to avoid capture?
(a) In forests.
(b) In cities.
(c) In small villages.
(d) In mountains.
8. How does everything change?
(a) When the storm stops.
(b) When they capsize.
(c) When magic is used.
(d) When the boat disintegrates.
9. Who visits Rincewind after dinner?
(c) The sheep thief.
(d) The hangman.
10. What is the last thing Stibbons remembers when he wakes up?
(a) Gliding through a tunnel.
(b) Seeing Rincewind.
(c) Climbing through the window.
(d) Arguing on the beach.
11. What is Rincewind asked to do while he waits for morning?
(a) Write a song.
(b) Plan an escape.
(c) Document his life.
(d) Create a story.
12. What puzzles the wizards on Mono Island?
(a) The fact that Stibbons wants to stay.
(b) Why there were no pancakes for breakfast.
(c) How history might be altered.
(d) How complex life forms are.
13. Where do the Wizards find themselves?
(a) Sliding down a mountain of water.
(b) In Bugarup.
(c) In a gravel pit.
(d) In a sea cave.
14. Where does Neilette lead Rincewind?
(a) Into the old cannery.
(b) Into the old brewery.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) Into the old grainery.
15. Who eliminates the watchmen's threat?
(a) The Luggage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Neilette know Rincewind is a wizard?
2. What building looks like an open box of tissues?
3. What does the Bursar see walking on the beach?
4. What does Rincewind hide in?
5. What does Remorse provide Rincewind that has always passed him by at UU?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)