|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ridcully tell them to do?
(a) Fight off panic and the new reality.
(b) Hunt for the exit window.
(c) Hike towards the mountains.
(d) Close their eyes and pretend it isn't happening.
2. What special distinction does Rincewind share with Tinhead Ned?
(a) He is saluted with brandy.
(b) He is given the best suite.
(c) He is clapped in irons.
(d) He is given beer with dinner.
3. What puzzles the wizards on Mono Island?
(a) Why there were no pancakes for breakfast.
(b) How complex life forms are.
(c) The fact that Stibbons wants to stay.
(d) How history might be altered.
4. Who visits Rincewind after dinner?
(a) The hangman.
(d) The sheep thief.
5. What do the wizards debate when they regroup?
(a) The inevitability of finding food.
(b) The way to make a new boat.
(c) The use of magic to get home.
(d) The whereabouts of Rincewind.
6. What one thing does not exist on Mono Island?
(b) Male/female pairs.
(c) Plants that go to seed.
(d) Creatures that don't wear out.
7. Why does UU exist?
(a) To creatively suppress magic.
(b) To create new forms of magic.
(c) To teach magic to others.
(d) To encourage the use of magic.
8. What are the wizards being replaced with?
(b) Their animal counterparts.
(c) Themselves as children.
(d) Alternate realities of themselves.
9. What has never been essential to Rincewind's life?
(a) A steady job.
10. What building looks like an open box of tissues?
(a) The Opera House.
(b) The Bank.
(c) The Elementary School.
(d) The Courthouse.
11. What does he see there?
(a) A glowing cave.
(b) A tribe of natives.
(c) A huge valley.
(d) A herd of elephants.
12. Where does Neilette lead Rincewind?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the old grainery.
(c) Into the old cannery.
(d) Into the old brewery.
13. What is Rincewind happy about?
(a) The fact that beer is now in cans.
(b) The fact that he no longer eats meat.
(c) The fact that there is no sign of Scrappy.
(d) The fact that he can have a nap.
14. What does the boat do when the wizards are preparing to depart?
(a) Grows in size.
(b) Grows a set of oars.
(c) Grows an awning.
(d) Grows a sail.
15. What attacks Rincewind?
(a) The Luggage.
(b) A drop-bear.
(c) A Budgerigar.
(d) A kangaroo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a billybong?
2. How many pints does Crocodile Dongo tell Rincewind he drank?
3. What does the old black man do that amuses the Bursar?
4. To be safe, what do the wizards believe they should do?
5. What appears on the back of the shearing shed?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)