The Last Planet, pp. 1-41
• The Last Planet of the Last Continent is Discworld, which is a largely flat planet.
• Discworld moves through space propelled by and on the back of a turtle bearing four elephants.
• There is mention of the myth of the old man who carries the universe around in a leather bag.
• Suggestion is made that all tribal myths are by and large true depending on perception of truth.
• The Unseen University is located in the city of Ankh-Morpork, containing mostly senior faculty.
• The senior faculty at the Unseen University is comprised of magicians and teachers of magic.
• The youngest member is Ponder Stibbons who alone possesses the spirit of scientific examination.
• The Librarian is ill with something that causes him to morph in to a new shape whenever he sneezes.
• The only way that he can be cured by magic is if those on...
This section contains 4,316 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)